PDA

View Full Version : This fine is ridiculous

55BaileyFan
10-28-2011, 07:40 PM
http://steelerfreakmov.blogspot.com/2011/10/more-fines.html

Hood was fined for basically playing hot hands during a play...HOW THE HELL IS THIS TOOL STILL COMMISSIONER?

tanda10506
10-28-2011, 08:49 PM
I don't know. In the world, dictatorships usually stay in power until the people rise up and slay them. Unfortunately I don't think we will see NFL players rising up and slaying Adolf Goodell, but I can't say the league wouldn't be better off!:chuckle:

Fire Arians
10-28-2011, 08:58 PM
hey you're not supposed to try to shed blocks. next time you try that, it will cost you 75k for being a repeat offender!

OX1947
10-28-2011, 09:02 PM
The Rooney's had a huge say in making this piece of shit commissioner. Might be time for Art Rooney to talk to his fellow owners and get this ****er in line or tell him to go die somewhere.

JPPT1974
10-28-2011, 09:08 PM
League is becoming a joke in itself! Over these fines. Goodell is making a you know what of himself these days.

austinfrench76
10-28-2011, 10:41 PM
No idea how this guy makes decisions. It's like he gets drunk and uses a dart board! Screw Goodell.

steelerjim58
10-29-2011, 12:20 AM
What is mind boggling to me is that as the article stated, nothing was done to the dude from TB.

StainlessStill
10-29-2011, 12:37 AM
So the Baltimore Ravens can chop the absolute living shit out of us, dropping their 300 pounds + bodies into our d-lineman's knees, no fines, but Ziggy Hood gets fined for using his hands to joust for position?!

Fukin A. Death to Goodell. I ****ing hate this lunatic. :banging::banging::banging:

BengalDestroyer
10-29-2011, 06:48 AM
Goodells going to be the reason my children never get to enjoy real professional football I f%*&^$ hate that man

stb_steeler
10-29-2011, 06:48 AM
When i watched the interview with Mike Tomlin the other week, he was asked if he thought the Steelers were targeted by Goodhell for fines. His answer was no!.
I really dont believe thats what Tomlin wanted to say. Are coach's and the league that scared to say the truth?....I do believe the Steelers are targeted only for the fact that they play (or used to play) true Steelers football. Like Bettis used to say, smash mouth football baby-Pittsburgh style!.

FanSince72
10-29-2011, 09:59 AM
You know, if Goodell could be brought back in time and be the Commissioner of the league the way it was in the 70's, 60's or 50's, he'd have a heart attack before the first quarter of ANY game was over.

Better still, have him spend some time with Art Donovan.

At this rate, what will be the future of the NFL?
Some lineman running over to an official yelling, "Ref! ...Make him stop touching me!"

What cracks me up is that many of the things that players do to each other to get psyched before a game - like smacking the sides of a teammate's helmet, would get that player ejected if he did the same thing to an opponent on the field.

tanda10506
10-29-2011, 11:07 AM
What's sad is that since it's all being done under the false premise of "player safety", a new comissioner would not repeal the damage done. I have not seen ONE hard hit this season that wasn't flagged, hard hits were my favirote part of the game and they helped us win games in the past. At this pace I will probably only be watching football a few more years. It pisses me off to that the Rooney's say and do nothing, nor do any other owners or coaches. I know Tomlin can't say "hell yeah we are targeted", but don't say no, defer on the question and it will get the point across without saying a word about it.

madtowndrunkard
10-30-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm surprised this hasn't really been brought up... (maybe it has?)

The crack down on being physical is the result of the Mike Webster lawsuit against the NFL a few years back. Our own beloved HOF center is the reason you are seeing Goodell do what he's doing.

This has nothing to do with player safety...it has to do with profits.