PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin vs Whiz - 21 reasons why the Rooneys picked the right guy

harts
10-30-2011, 04:23 PM
I lurk and post and lurk and post
And I am tired of all these people claiming Whiz should have been hired instead of Tomlin

Just watched the Ravens vs Cards and sad that the Cards gave up a 21 point lead to lose the game.

Kolb needs protection - yes the ravens D is good but he was running for his life

why couldnt they stop Anquan Boldin - (multiple interference calls because Boldin was beating the DB's one on one... have u ever heard of a double team Whiz?)

Tomlin would have done something about that.

Just sad
when Whiz gets fired maybe Tomlin can hire him to carry his clipboard so he can learn how to coach

lipps83
10-30-2011, 07:43 PM
And I am tired of all these people claiming Whiz should have been hired instead of Tomlin

Just watched the Ravens vs Cards and sad that the Cards gave up a 21 point lead to lose the game.

Kolb needs protection - yes the ravens D is good but he was running for his life

why couldnt they stop Anquan Boldin - (multiple interference calls because Boldin was beating the DB's one on one... have u ever heard of a double team Whiz?)

Just sad
when Whiz gets fired maybe Tomlin can hire him to carry his clipboard so he can learn how to coach

I think Whiz probably has a few more years before they would fire him. Two years in and he took the Cards to the Super Bowl.

TRH
10-30-2011, 07:46 PM
regardless....Tomlin was the right call by a long shot.

GMU Steeler
10-30-2011, 07:49 PM
No doubt. We made the right choice.

caplovestroyp43
10-30-2011, 07:49 PM
I love Mike Tomlin! He's very well spoken, to the point, brutally honest and I think he's filled some pretty big shoes very well. The Rooney's knew what they were doing when they hired him. No doubt about it!

Kanata-Steeler
10-30-2011, 07:50 PM

Just sad

Actually Rooney probably would have hired Whiz as the new Head Coach, but there was 21 reason's why the Whiz wanted to go elsewhere with all due respect.

Tomlin was the 2nd choice, and according to Cowher, -the "good/right" choice.
But even if the Whiz was hired as our Head Coach back then, I would still be veeerry happy, and probably, so would YOU !
:tt02:

fer522
10-30-2011, 08:07 PM
Actually Rooney probably would have hired Whiz as the new Head Coach, but there was 21 reason's why the Whiz wanted to go elsewhere with all due respect.

But even if the Whiz was hired as our Head Coach back then, I would still be veeerry happy, and probably, so would YOU !

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

steelfury02
10-30-2011, 08:15 PM
how soon until we get a post game press conference? Excited to hear some Tomlinisms on a HUGE win

harts
10-30-2011, 10:22 PM

What??????????
haaaa

no he didnt - he got sick of waiting for the rooneys to make a decision so he hopped on the first bus that opened their door.

I.E Arizona -
to the previous poster - yes he did take them but that team was 9-7 that year
Will agree though maybe he has 1-2 years to get it right

mizzouristeeler
10-30-2011, 10:52 PM
I really like tomlin. I hope he's around for awhile.

mesaSteeler
10-31-2011, 12:07 AM
What??????????
haaaa

no he didnt - he got sick of waiting for the rooneys to make a decision so he hopped on the first bus that opened their door.

I.E Arizona -
to the previous poster - yes he did take them but that team was 9-7 that year
Will agree though maybe he has 1-2 years to get it right

1-2 years?, maybe but some of the few fans that are left here are already calling for Whiz's head. Tomlin would not have had any success here either. The problem is Bozo Bidwell and his clan of con artists. For that matter even a reincarnated Vince Lombardi would fail here. Arizona is where coaching careers are wrecked and NFL coaches come to be fired.

harts
10-31-2011, 07:18 AM
1-2 years?, maybe but some of the few fans that are left here are already calling for Whiz's head. Tomlin would not have had any success here either. The problem is Bozo Bidwell and his clan of con artists. For that matter even a reincarnated Vince Lombardi would fail here. Arizona is where coaching careers are wrecked and NFL coaches come to be fired.

I saw that game against the Ravens yesterday -
Anquan Boldin is the single reason why they came back from a 21 point deficit
He was single covered most of the time - and he repeadetly got pass interference calls and made catches against single coverage -
Put your best corner on him or double him up -
Whiz or the Defensive coordinator took too long to adjust -

regardless it's Whiz's fault -
Oh by the way I am not the only one who feels Whiz is bumbling and stumbling towards being fired

Check the Cardinals board
http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=58690

Rick5895
10-31-2011, 07:27 AM
Not too long ago, people were blaming Tomlin for the early season shortcomings and calling for his head.....oh what harmony a victory over the cheaters brings, LOL.

Tomlin was/is the right coach for this team. he never allows his ego to take over.

mesaSteeler
10-31-2011, 07:37 AM
I saw that game against the Ravens yesterday -
Anquan Boldin is the single reason why they came back from a 21 point deficit
He was single covered most of the time - and he repeadetly got pass interference calls and made catches against single coverage -
Put your best corner on him or double him up -
Whiz or the Defensive coordinator took too long to adjust -

regardless it's Whiz's fault -
Oh by the way I am not the only one who feels Whiz is bumbling and stumbling towards being fired

Check the Cardinals board
http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=58690

Oh you have lots and lots of company here in Valley for wanting to dump Whiz. However in Whiz's defense it helps to have even a semi competent QB. Bozo Bidwell had at least two years to replace Warner and did nothing leaving Whiz with some of the worst QBs in the league.

scsteeler
10-31-2011, 01:22 PM
I normally don't post much lately but if you can look back a lot of people on this board did not like Tomlin nor wanted him in the beginning and even after he won the SB.
Cowher was credited with the SB win by most.

Im glad that a lot now seem that Tomlin knows how to coach and he is amazing but we must understand that the Steelers will not win the SB every year also. LOL

GMU Steeler
10-31-2011, 01:32 PM
I think the Rooneys probably wanted Tomlin after they interviewed him. He fits the mold that Cowher and Noll were that is he was a young, defensive assistant coach who hadn't coached in the organization before. I like Tomlin. Smart guy, you don't get into William and Mary without being that and he's a real student of the game. Whisenhunt's in a tough situation in Arizona but on the other hand I think he's shown himself too drawn to his old organization. The Steelers West moniker Arizona has earned these past few years is an apt description. I guess you can't blame Whisenhunt too much. This is the most successful team bar none since the merger. Glad we have Tomlin. He seems to do well in big games. Only been here since 2007 and already has as much Super Bowl trips as Bill Cowher did in 15 years here. Not a knock on Bill whom only got a top QB like Ben late in his tenure but I like what Tomlin has done. Only real complaint I have is I wish he would finish games more like Cowher but we win with the guy so I'm happy. And you know he's been a great hire if he's seen as the template teams look for when they hire a new HC.

Sixburgher
10-31-2011, 01:40 PM
Not too long ago, people were blaming Tomlin for the early season shortcomings and calling for his head.....

About 4 weeks ago, to be exact.

BKAnthem
10-31-2011, 03:33 PM
I would have been happy with either coach....