PDA

View Full Version : If this is true then he's in BIG trouble

siss
06-13-2006, 12:29 PM
http://kdka.com/topstories/local_story_164115654.html

70c10
06-13-2006, 12:42 PM
Un-freakin believable!!!!:dang: :dang: :dang: . Damn him, he knows better than that!. I have a feeling you are correct about him being in trouble especially since the woman was not charged. She's probably going to take him to the cleaners with a major lawsuit!:rolleyes:

Atlanta Dan
06-13-2006, 12:45 PM
Everyone obviously wishes Ben a full and speedy recovery, but if he did not have a license his arrogance in continuing to operate a top of the line crotch rocket is inexcusable.

Failing to be licensed before you put yourself on the road and put others in harm's way is blindingly stupid - this situation appears to meet the definition of the cliche "accident waiting to happen."

I know that Ben is an adult (at least physically) but while the Steelers cannot be expected to monitor Ben as you would an insanely wealthy teenager, I am surprised his agent did not take the time to check off such matters on the do list as "get motorcycle license" if he in fact was unlicensed. I say that not just for Ben's physical well being but becuase if he operated the motorcycle without a license while engaging in other crimes (such as being behind the wheel the night the "Drink Like A Champion" photos were taken?) he is begging for a mega-million lawsuit if he ever injures someone else.

siss
06-13-2006, 12:45 PM
I have no words to discribe how irritated I am at him if this is true. Especially after his agent said he had a liscence last year and insisted he was a safe responsible driver.

WWIIOwheelz
06-13-2006, 12:50 PM
Another thing to think about.... was he licensed to operate motorcycles in Ohio? If so, isn't that license good across state lines? Is he a resident of Ohio anywhere also? The car he hit was driven by a lady who lives here with a Maine license plate. Same type of thing.

Dunno, just food for thought.

SteelerzGirl
06-13-2006, 12:58 PM
According to the no helmet law in Pennsylvania, a motorcyclist MUST have a valid motorcycle license (not a permit) and be an experienced rider in order to have the "privilege" of riding helmetless. If it's true that Ben didn't have a valid motorcycle license, he broke the law by not wearing a helmet. (sigh)

rowedf
06-13-2006, 01:05 PM
LOL it's not a big deal, gesh, it expired what 10 days ago. The whole motorcycle permit to license thing isn't a huge thing guys .... if its true he'll get fined, nothing more.

Scooper
06-13-2006, 01:05 PM
I'm guessing the BR's beloved Harley and other bikes are going to get VERY dusty between now and the end of his playing career, which hopefully is many years away.

Scooper
06-13-2006, 01:07 PM
LOL it's not a big deal, gesh, it expired what 10 days ago. The whole motorcycle permit to license thing isn't a huge thing guys .... if its true he'll get fined, nothing more.

His permit expired March 29. .. That's more like 10 WEEKS ago. :dang:

HburgXL06
06-13-2006, 01:14 PM
Ben,.......here's your mandatory new car for the rest of your football career. It's a 2006 Mack Truck. It come's complete with a fully licensed driver and a bed in the back for you to lay down on while you are driven place to place. This way only a tank could hurt you if you are hit in an accident. Get well soon buddy.

BuFu

Ambridge
06-13-2006, 01:20 PM
Un-freakin believable!!!!:dang: :dang: :dang: . Damn him, he knows better than that!. I have a feeling you are correct about him being in trouble especially since the woman was not charged. She's probably going to take him to the cleaners with a major lawsuit!:rolleyes:

Unless this lady can prove she has substantial injuries herself she probably doesn't have much of a case.
If Ben should be found at fault the smart thing for this woman to do would just take whatever money is offered for the damages and let it go at that.

SteelersFanErie
06-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Pennsylvania's Helmet Law (Effective Sept. 4, 2003)

Pennsylvania's 35-year-old law requiring helmets to be worn was amended in 2003 to make helmets optional under certain circumstances.

According to the amended law, a motorcyclist will no longer be required to wear a helmet if the rider is:

? A person 21 years of age or older who has been licensed to operate a motorcycle for not less than two full calendar years.

? A person 21 years of age or older who has completed a motorcycle rider safety course approved by the department or the Motorcycle Safety Foundation.

? A passenger 21 years of age or older if the motorcycle driver meets one of the qualifications for not wearing a helmet.

TapOut64
06-13-2006, 02:19 PM
Another thing to think about.... was he licensed to operate motorcycles in Ohio? If so, isn't that license good across state lines? Is he a resident of Ohio anywhere also? The car he hit was driven by a lady who lives here with a Maine license plate. Same type of thing.

Dunno, just food for thought.

I'm figuring he has an Ohio license, I'm sure he was riding motorcycles long before the Steelers drafted him.

SteelCityMan786
06-13-2006, 02:21 PM

But The lady had a Maine License Plate. So she can't do shit.

Volpe1564
06-13-2006, 03:11 PM
im gonna go out on a limb here but When Ben is good enough to talk he will come out and own up to it. Ben might have mad a mistake but he still is a very classy kid. i hope he owns up and sez dont ride without a helemt, hes very sorry for what he did to the team, his family, yadda yadda yadda. i hope he doesnt prove me worng here. after all as T Bradshaw said"See what happened to that idoit up there!" LOL and we are not the "idoits"

Black@Gold Forever32
06-13-2006, 03:31 PM
Wow Ben didn't even have a PA motorcycle license. So Ben didn't have no right to even be on that bike legally. I'm a huge Big Ben fan and have followed him since college. But this whole motorcyle accident and now it comes out he didn't even have a license to operate one makes Ben look really foolish.

I wish Ben the best but this just prove my point forget about the helmet. Ben had no business being on the bike in the first place. Oh well I'm just glad he is alright that is the main thing. If he comes back this year he comes back. If not I'll still be his fan no matter what. I just hope this accident woke Ben up and taught him to value life alittle more. You are never promised tommorrow. I have seen to many people die that were close to me to see that.

Get well soon Big Ben. I just ask one little thing. Park the bike for good now.

Hammer67
06-13-2006, 03:32 PM
Referring to some of the people claiming to be mad or pissed:

Oh man people?who cares????:dang:

Even if he doesn't have a license?why would any of us be "mad"?? We don't have to pay the fine!

What is the penalty, a fine? $500? $1000? I am sure he will lose sleep over paying that.

Jesus, I am tired of people who claim to be mad. Ben wasn't wearing a helmet but that was LEGAL!!!! If someone doesn't like it, write your congressman.
People get killed in auto accidents, they aren't required to wear helmets. What if he fell down his stairs? God.

People keep talking about team loyalty?WHAT??!!!!! In pro sports??!??!??! Are you telling me Randel El was all about team loyalty when he signed his fat contract?

Let the guy ride his bike if he chooses. Let him pay the consequences and don't act like it affects our lives which is pathetic, to say the least. Sorry?my opinion.

Prosdo
06-13-2006, 03:33 PM
At this point I just care about him being okay. He is a young guy bound to make mistakes.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-13-2006, 03:37 PM
Referring to some of the people claiming to be mad or pissed:

Oh man people?who cares????:dang:

Even if he doesn't have a license?why would any of us be "mad"?? We don't have to pay the fine!

What is the penalty, a fine? $500? $1000? I am sure he will lose sleep over paying that.

Jesus, I am tired of people who claim to be mad. Ben wasn't wearing a helmet but that was LEGAL!!!! If someone doesn't like it, write your congressman.
People get killed in auto accidents, they aren't required to wear helmets. What if he fell down his stairs? God.

People keep talking about team loyalty?WHAT??!!!!! In pro sports??!??!??! Are you telling me Randel El was all about team loyalty when he signed his fat contract?

Let the guy ride his bike if he chooses. Let him pay the consequences and don't act like it affects our lives which is pathetic, to say the least. Sorry?my opinion.

Sorry but I disagree. Ben has to hold himself to a higher standard. He can't act like a normal 24 year old man. The Steelers have invested alot of money into him. I'm not mad at Big Ben. But I do think he was stupid for doing this. Also all you hear anymore from these pro athletes its a business its a business. Thats why I bring up the fact about the Steelers investing alot of money in him. Pro sports is a business and Ben had no business being on that bike with so much money invested in him not only by the Steelers but the numerous company's that signed Ben to endorse their products.

Ambridge
06-13-2006, 03:40 PM
But The lady had a Maine License Plate. So she can't do shit.

I thought I heard the lady had a residence in Maine as well as Pennsylvania and the car she was driving was registered in Maine????

SteelerzGirl
06-13-2006, 03:48 PM
Ben wasn't wearing a helmet but that was LEGAL!!!!

If Ben didn't have a valid motorcycle license then it was not legal for him to be helmetless.

Hammer67
06-13-2006, 03:50 PM
Sorry but I disagree. Ben has to hold himself to a higher standard. He can't act like a normal 24 year old man. The Steelers have invested alot of money into him. I'm not mad at Big Ben. But I do think he was stupid for doing this. Also all you hear anymore from these pro athletes its a business its a business. Thats why I bring up the fact about the Steelers investing alot of money in him. Pro sports is a business and Ben had no business being on that bike with so much money invested in him not only by the Steelers but the numerous company's that signed Ben to endorse their products.

Actually, it's not your business and not my business. It's between Ben, his agent, the Rooney's and their reps. His contract doesnt' have that clause.

So what's next in your mind?

Should all athletes not be allowed to water ski? How about they can't bungi jump?.Oh! I know! They should be chauffeured everywhere in a tank as to not get involved in an auto accident.

Come on?this is getting ridiculous. No offense. But he could have easily been in a car and the lady could have smashed into him and killed him. We wake up everyday and can go at any second by any means. He is a free human being and doesn't have to answer to anyone. And if you feel otherwise it's because of selfish interests as a fan. The guy is young, rich, won a Super Bowl and is living the life.

Ambridge
06-13-2006, 03:55 PM

That's pretty much it.

Like it or not Ben has to make some sacrifices and those include activities that may cause personal injury outside of the game.
Should Ben come around when his next contract is up and hold out and make the statement like you hear others make "I'm doing this for my family and my future security" then he's going to get this little incident waved under his nose as a contradicting reminder.

Clearly Ben isn't or wasn't looking at the Big Picture.

BBC
06-13-2006, 04:00 PM
Actually, it's not your business and not my business. It's between Ben, his agent, the Rooney's and their reps. His contract doesnt' have that clause.

Should all athletes not be allowed to water ski? How about they can't bungi jump?.Oh! I know! They should be chauffeured everywhere in a tank as to not get involved in an auto accident.

Come on?this is getting ridiculous. No offense. But he could have easily been in a car and the lady could have smashed into him and killed him. We wake up everyday and can go at any second by any means. He is a free human being and doesn't have to answer to anyone. And if you feel otherwise it's because of selfish interests as a fan. The guy is young, rich, won a Super Bowl and is living the life.

He could get injured doing anything, yes, but the chances of getting injured are much higher on a motorcycle, especially on one without a helmet than those of a car. He is a free human being, but he needs to realize that people depend on him. He owes nothing to the fans, that isn't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the 52 other players on the team, and the coaching staff that need Ben out there to make plays in order for them to get money. It is just like if I were to go get hurt doing something dangerous, and suddenly my family has no way to make money in order to put food on their plates and a roof over their heads. I'm not saying Ben can't have fun, he's a grown man, he can make his own decisions, he should just think about others and the calculated risks before having his fun.

Hammer67
06-13-2006, 04:08 PM
That's pretty much it.

Like it or not Ben has to make some sacrifices and those include activities that may cause personal injury outside of the game.
Should Ben come around when his next contract is up and hold out and make the statement like you hear others make "I'm doing this for my family and my future security" then he's going to get this little incident waved under his nose as a contradicting reminder.

Clearly Ben isn't or wasn't looking at the Big Picture.

But at what point is something dangerous? I think "dangerous" is only an issue when he can't go out and play which is going to upset fans. But at what point do you give up your personal freedoms in the off season? Who decides what is dangerous? It wasn't like the guy was driving recklessly?the lady ran into him. As I said, he could have easily been in a car.

I think all this boils down to is the selfishness of the fan. Think about it.

"Well, he needs to think about others and act more responsibly!"

Why?

The answer to that question is because, at the root of things, "I only care about the Steelers winning and for that to happen he has to be playing. Screw him and what he likes to do in his spare time. This is about my personal enjoyment as a fan."

That's my take on it, anyhow. Would any of us even care if he wasn't a football player? No. We would have glanced at the motorcycle accident headline, thought for a second about that being sad and then moved on to the sports section.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-13-2006, 04:08 PM

Selfish interest as a fan? Ben doesn't have to answer to me or any other fan. But he does have to hold himself to a higher standard when it comes to his employer that has invested millions of dollars into him. No need for the smart ass comments either. No kidding he could have been killed in a car wreck. But you expose yourself so much when riding a motorcycle. Ben doesn't owe me or any other Steelers fan a thing. I didn't even bring up the fans you did. He owes the Steelers organization.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-13-2006, 04:13 PM
He could get injured doing anything, yes, but the chances of getting injured are much higher on a motorcycle, especially on one without a helmet than those of a car. He is a free human being, but he needs to realize that people depend on him. He owes nothing to the fans, that isn't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the 52 other players on the team, and the coaching staff that need Ben out there to make plays in order for them to get money. It is just like if I were to go get hurt doing something dangerous, and suddenly my family has no way to make money in order to put food on their plates and a roof over their heads. I'm not saying Ben can't have fun, he's a grown man, he can make his own decisions, he should just think about others and the calculated risks before having his fun.

Totally agree with you BBC. I said yesterday that Ben gave the Steelers organization and his teammates the middle finger by riding that damn bike. Thats all I was trying to say and yesterday some said I was gutless and cold. Ben doesn't owe me or any other Steelers fan a thing. He owes the Steelers organization who is his employer to hold himself to a higher standard then the normal person and not do thing that would put him in harms way when millions has been invested in him.

Plus he didn't even have a license. But thats a whole another topic? BBC another solid post.

Hammer67
06-13-2006, 04:21 PM
Selfish interest as a fan? Ben doesn't have to answer to me or any other fan. But he does have to hold himself to a higher standard when it comes to his employer that has invested millions of dollars into him. No need for the smart ass comments either. No kidding he could have been killed in a car wreck. But you expose yourself so much when riding a motorcycle. Ben doesn't owe me or any other Steelers fan a thing. I didn't even bring up the fans you did. He owes the Steelers organization.

I am not being a "smart ass". I don't mean offense (which I did say). This is my opinion but all of this "owes it to his employers" stuff is unfounded. He only owes them the things laid out in his contract.

I really don't care one way or the other. Was he dumb for not wearing a helmet? Sure, maybe. For riding a motorcycle?
I am not ready to say that as my uncle teaches motorcycle safety and has never been in an accident in 40 years of riding (whereas my sister in law has been in countless auto accidents in her 6 or 7 years of driving).

But, the point of what I am trying to say is, where do you draw the line?

Believe me, I want the team to win like everyone else and I want the players to be healthy to that end. But, I have read a ton of statements in the vein of "He owes it to the team" and "he owes it to the fans" and crap like that which is just comes across of a fan bitching about him ruining their season. That is what I mean by selfish. And as fans, we are all guilty of it to a certain degree.

Ambridge
06-13-2006, 04:22 PM

Ben doesn't have to answer to the individual fan but you know what......it's the season ticket holders, the thousands of fans who purchase tickets to go to a few precious games a year, the fans who purchase Steeler gear and merchandise year after year that puts the money in Mr. Rooney's bank account.....the same account that pays Ben's salary.
Like it or not the fans are like unofficial stock holders in the Steelers so yes they have to be considered in the mix.

Hammer67
06-13-2006, 04:27 PM

Did Randell El take the "52 other players on the team, and the coaching staff" into account when he left for more money? In pro sports this isn't always the case...

Black@Gold Forever32
06-13-2006, 04:30 PM
I am not being a "smart ass". I don't mean offense (which I did say). This is my opinion but all of this "owes it to his employers" stuff is unfounded. He only owes them the things laid out in his contract.

I really don't care one way or the other. Was he dumb for not wearing a helmet? Sure, maybe. For riding a motorcycle?
I am not ready to say that as my uncle teaches motorcycle safety and has never been in an accident in 40 years of riding (whereas my sister in law has been in countless auto accidents in her 6 or 7 years of driving).

But, the point of what I am trying to say is, where do you draw the line?

Believe me, I want the team to win like everyone else and I want the players to be healthy to that end. But, I have read a ton of statements in the vein of "He owes it to the team" and "he owes it to the fans" and crap like that which is just comes across of a fan bitching about him ruining their season. That is what I mean by selfish. And as fans, we are all guilty of it to a certain degree.

I never said that Ben owes the fans. But I do feel he owes the Steelers organization. Really the only thing that matters at this point is Ben is alive. I don't want to argue about this. You have your opinion and I have mine. Thats our right in this great country of ours. Sorry if I was alittle out of hand. Anways the season does need to get here though. I don't know how much more I can take this offseason. Players getting arrested and accidents. Also players talking crap to the Prez. Man what a offseason. I guess the only thing I can say is never a dull moment.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-13-2006, 04:33 PM
Ben doesn't have to answer to the individual fan but you know what......it's the season ticket holders, the thousands of fans who purchase tickets to go to a few precious games a year, the fans who purchase Steeler gear and merchandise year after year that puts the money in Mr. Rooney's bank account.....the same account that pays Ben's salary.
Like it or not the fans are like unofficial stock holders in the Steelers so yes they have to be considered in the mix.

I don't think Ben owes us fans anything. Nobody holds a gun to our heads to buy those tickets or merchandise. Nobody holds a gun to my head to purchase NFL Sunday ticket which I have done for the last 9 years just so I could see our Black@Gold. Thats why I feel Ben doesn't owe us fans a thing.

BBC
06-13-2006, 04:33 PM
Did Randell El take the "52 other players on the team, and the coaching staff" into account when he left for more money? In pro sports this isn't always the case...

No he didn't, and I didn't support Later-El in his decision to move on, but it is a lot more understanding than Ben not wearing his helmet because "he doesn't feel like it." El also has a family depending on him, and when that much money gets thrown at you, you can't help but think of things such as your family and take the money. Ben was only thinking of himself when he got on that bike without a helmet.

Prosdo
06-13-2006, 04:34 PM
I think it's more Ben owes it to his friends and family than the fans.

Ohio Steeler
06-13-2006, 04:36 PM
I think it's more Ben owes it to his friends and family than the fans.

I agree with you after all it is his family and friends who are at his side right now not us the fans we are just spectators

geran42o
06-13-2006, 04:50 PM
I'm figuring he has an Ohio license, I'm sure he was riding motorcycles long before the Steelers drafted him.
I was thinking the same thing.

BBC
06-13-2006, 04:54 PM
I was thinking the same thing.

Why would he have a PA permit if he had an OH license though?

Hammer67
06-13-2006, 04:59 PM
Why would he have a PA permit if he had an OH license though?

If he is a permanent resident, then he needs to eventually get a PA license, just like automobiles.

Ohio Steeler
06-13-2006, 04:59 PM
Sources say that while Roethlisberger had a license to operate a car, he apparently did not possess a Pennsylvania motorcycle license.

City accident investigators are not commenting, but a confidential source tells KDKA that a review of motor vehicle records in Harrisburg shows that Roethlisberger has never had a Pennsylvania motorcycle license.

According to our source, Roethlisberger did have a learner's permit that allowed him to ride a motorcycle; but that permit expired on March 29th.

The source goes on to explain that Roethlisberger never took the written and driving test required to get a motorcycle license ? and would have been driving illegally at the time of the accident.

If he has a PA DL then by law he has to give his ohio DL up to get his PA one so I really dont think he had a Ohio DL for the bike becasue in Ohio they just add it to you DL to drive a car by changing the class of the DL..

Hammer67
06-13-2006, 05:03 PM
I never said that Ben owes the fans. But I do feel he owes the Steelers organization. Really the only thing that matters at this point is Ben is alive. I don't want to argue about this. You have your opinion and I have mine. Thats our right in this great country of ours. Sorry if I was alittle out of hand. Anways the season does need to get here though. I don't know how much more I can take this offseason. Players getting arrested and accidents. Also players talking crap to the Prez. Man what a offseason. I guess the only thing I can say is never a dull moment.

Yeah man, didn't mean to come across as smarmy. My passionate talk doesn't always translate my meaning well, in writing.

I do think we, as in Pittsburgh fans, deify our football players too much. I am always careful to look at it as just a game.

When that guy wore that shirt outside the hospital that said "Pray for Ben, our lives are in his hands." That's the kind of twisted thought process I am referring to. Just stupid. That guy is a jackass.

Know what I mean?

Hammer67
06-13-2006, 05:06 PM
No he didn't, and I didn't support Later-El in his decision to move on, but it is a lot more understanding than Ben not wearing his helmet because "he doesn't feel like it." El also has a family depending on him, and when that much money gets thrown at you, you can't help but think of things such as your family and take the money. Ben was only thinking of himself when he got on that bike without a helmet.

True, but for whatever reasons, pro athletes don't always have the teams best interests at hand.

Would we be having this conversation with Tuman or some other less popular player? Perhaps, but I would bet against it...

Ambridge
06-13-2006, 05:46 PM
I don't think Ben owes us fans anything. Nobody holds a gun to our heads to buy those tickets or merchandise. Nobody holds a gun to my head to purchase NFL Sunday ticket which I have done for the last 9 years just so I could see our Black@Gold. Thats why I feel Ben doesn't owe us fans a thing.

You might not want any accountability with your money but I'd like a little with mine and I'm sure Mr. Rooney will want some accountability with his and the rather large investment he has in Ben.

Elvis
06-13-2006, 06:00 PM
If Ben breaks the law then he should be treated just like you or me...in My opinion only
Gpd Bless All
Elvis

SteelerzGirl
06-13-2006, 06:04 PM
WTAE out of Pittsburgh just reported that Ben's bike also had an expired registration sticker.

SteelerFanInCA
06-13-2006, 06:15 PM
Wow, I can't believe how much is coming out of this with the whole license thing. Not sure if there is any truth to the matter but either way Ben still needs to play by the rules.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-13-2006, 06:29 PM
Big f'n deal,he'll get a fine and be done with it,there will be no jail time involved.

And the woman cannot sue him if all this lisence and registration stuff is true because she caused the accident.If you cause the accident,you can't sue to person you hit because it was your fault to begin with.

Stlrs4Life
06-13-2006, 06:39 PM
She will not be able to suit. She was still at fault at this time. She needs to woory from her insurance copmpanie that will be paying for that hefty Hospital Bill.

Livinginthe past
06-13-2006, 06:40 PM
I think we are talking criminal charges here aren't we?

It doesn't matter whose fault the accident it was - surely it is the state that will prosecute because Ben was breaking the law.

The odds of a civil action remain hard to estimate at this point.

None of this license expiry stuff makes any real sense, why would someone in Bens position do something like that?

He isn't short of money or the opportunity to get one - so what else can it be?

NM

Black@Gold Forever32
06-13-2006, 07:04 PM
You might not want any accountability with your money but I'd like a little with mine and I'm sure Mr. Rooney will want some accountability with his and the rather large investment he has in Ben.

Dude I said Ben owes the Steelers organization for the large investment they have in him. I totally agree with that. I just don't think Ben owes us fans.

hardwork
06-13-2006, 07:06 PM
Ben,.......here's your mandatory new car for the rest of your football career. It's a 2006 Mack Truck.

Yeah, with a VW engine.

tony hipchest
06-13-2006, 07:11 PM
"Yeah, with a VW engine." :sofunny:

they always say how the ncaa b-ball tournaments cost the nation millions in lost work productivity from employees being on the internet. i wonder how much ben cost steeler nation. personally i think ben owes me a check for $30 bucks (with his autograph of course) for emotionnal distress but thats just me.

MattsMe
06-13-2006, 09:30 PM
they always say how the ncaa b-ball tournaments cost the nation millions in lost work productivity from employees being on the internet. i wonder how much ben cost steeler nation. personally i think ben owes me a check for $30 bucks (with his autograph of course) for emotionnal distress but thats just me.

I've been wondering the same thing. I'm guessing not much got done around the burgh yesterday afternoon.

shevdog
06-13-2006, 09:51 PM
This isn't good.

Stlrs4Life
06-13-2006, 10:55 PM
If he has a PA DL then by law he has to give his ohio DL up to get his PA one so I really dont think he had a Ohio DL for the bike becasue in Ohio they just add it to you DL to drive a car by changing the class of the DL..

That's the exact thing that happened. His Ohio Motorcycle license expired in Feb of 04. And tthe lady is from the Pittsburgh area.

BlacknGold Bleeder
06-13-2006, 11:15 PM
The fine for operating a motorcycle without license is not less $200 not more than $ 1000...a drop in the bucket! I just hope that he makes a full recovery!

70c10
06-13-2006, 11:54 PM
Anybody have a link where it says the lady was at fault?. I thought she had not been charged.

BlacknGold Bleeder
06-13-2006, 11:57 PM
They have said it could take weeks to charge anyone. Most of the witnesses have said it was her fault ... she was supposed to yield to oncoming traffic. She even admitted that se saw him coming and he was looking to his right while she was turning!!

Ohio Steeler
06-14-2006, 12:03 AM
ok this is how I look at this Ben will get a BIG fine the lady will get a BIG law suit for Ben not having a Bike DL if they find he did not.

Then it will be over as to how much trouble he gets in

Hammer67
06-14-2006, 07:59 AM
Anybody have a link where it says the lady was at fault?. I thought she had not been charged.

If you are "at fault" in an accident you usually aren't "charged" with anything. If she is, Roethlisberger ca try to sue but why? For money? I am sure he has a lot more then she does. Her insurance would cover all damage, though, not his.

The poor woman had her name in the paper and the town she lived....you know there will be some *SSholes out there that will call or bother them...:rolleyes:

R2sojr
06-14-2006, 08:32 AM
ok this is how I look at this Ben will get a BIG fine the lady will get a BIG law suit for Ben not having a Bike DL if they find he did not.

Then it will be over as to how much trouble he gets in

Ben will get a little fine thats about it..the lady does not have grounds for a law suit because she did not yield to oncoming traffic and Ben was looking to his right watching for cars coming off the bridge..so she was at fault....he shouldnt have rode that bike without having a licence and only having a expired permit ...the helmet should have been on...but reports from several doctors say that having a helmet on makes the head heavier which increaces impact speed of the head when it hits an opject...so maybe not having one on could have saved him from being paralyzed...its just like wearing a seat belt...some ppl dont and live, and some ppl do and die...its a 50/50 risk...but im sure that Ben realized the big picture now that its not about how experienced and safe of a driver you are there are other ppl on the road who are not so safe..

Just pray for a speedy recovery and hope hes learned his lesson

R2sojr
06-14-2006, 08:39 AM
If you are "at fault" in an accident you usually aren't "charged" with anything. If she is, Roethlisberger ca try to sue but why? For money? I am sure he has a lot more then she does. Her insurance would cover all damage, though, not his.

The poor woman had her name in the paper and the town she lived....you know there will be some *SSholes out there that will call or bother them...:rolleyes:

if ben has no licence to ride a bike...that mean he has no insurance to ride his bike...you have to have a licence in order to be insured... the insurance wont pay a dime to him..just like if a teen drove a car without a licence and got hit he wont be covered...so basically its a bunch of little fines and thats it...

the only thing that doesnt make sence to me is that he is a begginer at riding but he has the fastes bike in the world...speed kills and he lucky he not dead..

R2sojr
06-14-2006, 08:44 AM
man thats one hell of a way to meet Ben Rothlisberger!!

MAN-O-STEEL
06-14-2006, 09:37 AM
I would really like to express the fact that we all remain CALM. the reason most of us are mad is because we got a pretty good scare thrown in us. Ben doesn't really need our chastizing him right now. WE ALL MAKE STUPID MISTAKES. Ben is NOT perfect and I am quite sure once he has time to think about it he will realize what he actually did. As mad and dissappointed as we are, he will be harder on himself than us. Please!!, let's not overreact and just be thankfull he is alive and his career is not over.