PDA

View Full Version : Get ready boys and girls...IT'S RATBIRD WEEK

stlrtruck
10-31-2011, 11:41 AM
Don't get me wrong, yesterday's victory of marsha and the patriots* was a thing of beauty and one I wanted to relish in the presence of my patriots* friends (and I did for about 5 minutes).

Then the joy turned to immediate focus on two things:
1) The week 1 beat down at the hands of the ratbirds
2) Week 9 Sunday night shall be deemed REDEMPTION 2011

I believe the ratbirds played their SB back in week 1. And while they were impressive in that victory, I don't believe they are good as advertised. Let's add in the fact that the ravens hate playing in Pittsburgh in the spotlight. And let's face it, Sunday night is another spotlight game.

And while I've been slow to be anxious this season, this week, I'm jacked and ready to go.

:tt04: :tt02: :tt: :tt03: :tt05: :cheer: :sign02:

theplatypus
10-31-2011, 11:48 AM
Bobbyjr should be showing up anytime now sharing his infinite words of wisdom.

4xSBChamps
10-31-2011, 11:57 AM
Bobbyjr should be showing up anytime now sharing his infinite words of wisdom.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/funny%20pictures/OhBoyHereWeGo.jpg

GMU Steeler
10-31-2011, 12:59 PM
Well let's hope these two weeks end up being like the two week span during Ben's rookie year where we beat the Eagles and then beat the Pats or maybe that was the other way around. I like our chances against the Ravens this week though. We're at home, I think the guys are hungry for revenge, and I think the Ravens left a lot of emotion on the field the first week of Baltimore. They of course will play hard but that game was their SB.

FanSince72
10-31-2011, 01:18 PM
http://roadkillcuisine.com/wp-content/gallery/uploads/crow.jpg

stlrtruck
10-31-2011, 01:28 PM
http://roadkillcuisine.com/wp-content/gallery/uploads/crow.jpg

Is that ray-ray or suggs?

GMU Steeler
10-31-2011, 01:33 PM
Is that ray-ray or suggs?

that's Joe Flacco after he is reintroduced to Misters Woodley and Harrison next Sunday evening :).

FanSince72
10-31-2011, 02:32 PM
When Ravens get knocked out, do they see little birds floating around their heads or do they just see Steeler linebackers?

FanSince72
10-31-2011, 02:34 PM

FanSince72
10-31-2011, 02:36 PM
http://roadkillcuisine.com/wp-content/gallery/uploads/crow.jpgIs that ray-ray or suggs?

I'd say Ray-ray.

Because even when he's out cold his chest is still sticking out.

RatbirdExtreme
10-31-2011, 09:21 PM
A whole week? Named after me? Goodness, I don't even post here much, you guys are too kind. Are you guys serving cake or what? :hatsoff:

Should be a good game, see ya 'all on Sunday (literally if you're going to be there, I will be as well)

Militant X 1
10-31-2011, 09:42 PM
hi guys! Ravens fan here.

contrary to what some have said...week 1 WAS NOT our SB. that's just what you guys tell yourselves to deal with that skull dragging that my boys put on ya'll lol! sure, we put alot of emotion into that game as well as you guys so keep it real! but, there was more driving my boys...all of that talking your guys were doing in the offseason pissed us off! and they um..."unleashed hell" on you cats. lol!

seriously though, i expect a great game from the Steelers on Sunday. the have a chip on their shoulder. as i stated in another thread, our offense has looked atrocious in a few games but i have no doubt that my boys will step off of the bus in Pittsburg ready to play and exorcise their own "under-the-lights-demons" that seem to plague them. i have much respect for the Steelers and their winning tradition and the bottomline is that we all know that to get to the SB the Ravens and Steelers MUST CLASH!!

good luck on Sunday all!

~Mili

Fire Arians
10-31-2011, 09:50 PM
like, omigosh lol! lol! lmfao! sorry dude i can only read so much of that garbage before tuning it out, good luck sunday

stb_steeler
10-31-2011, 10:04 PM
I hope Woodley is ok to play this sunday

LVSteelersfan
10-31-2011, 10:31 PM
The scheduling of these two games sucks. New England off a bye followed by the Ratbirds. I am sure they were laughing their butts off when they set the schedule.

OMG, you mean the NFL actually went against the Ratbirds pleas to never make them play the Steelers at Heinz Field in prime time ever again. Whiny whiny whiny. No fair. We have to play the Steelers in prime time so everyone sees how bad we really are. WHAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!! No fair. No fair. Harbaugh is not the only classless jerk in that organization.

StainlessStill
10-31-2011, 10:46 PM
hi guys! Ravens fan here.

contrary to what some have said...week 1 WAS NOT our SB. that's just what you guys tell yourselves to deal with that skull dragging that my boys put on ya'll lol! sure, we put alot of emotion into that game as well as you guys so keep it real! but, there was more driving my boys...all of that talking your guys were doing in the offseason pissed us off! and they um..."unleashed hell" on you cats. lol!

seriously though, i expect a great game from the Steelers on Sunday. the have a chip on their shoulder. as i stated in another thread, our offense has looked atrocious in a few games but i have no doubt that my boys will step off of the bus in Pittsburg ready to play and exorcise their own "under-the-lights-demons" that seem to plague them. i have much respect for the Steelers and their winning tradition and the bottomline is that we all know that to get to the SB the Ravens and Steelers MUST CLASH!!

good luck on Sunday all!

~Mili

Sorry dude, you just aren't getting to the Super Bowl with that piss poor of an offense. I've watched Baltimore this season and they don't impress me one ounce. In fact, they are one of the most stagnant offense's in the league and Flacco is playing his worse ball of his career. Defense is going to waste in Balty and even they can be spread out. Losing to Jacksonville, Tennessee and barely squeaking by a 1-6 Cardinals team makes week 1 seem so long ago. The Steelers are literally a completely DIFFERENT team from top to bottom while the Ravens literally got mediocre each week.

Revenge game here, coming back home, in a frenzied Heinz Field is just a recipe for disaster for Balty. BRING IT ON.

Militant X 1
11-01-2011, 10:08 AM
like, omigosh lol! lol! lmfao! sorry dude i can only read so much of that garbage before tuning it out, good luck sunday

that is what i did to your post....tuned it out! :flap:

i am not here to trash-talk....that seems to be you steelers cup of tea. good luck on Sunday.

~Mili

Militant X 1
11-01-2011, 10:11 AM
Sorry dude, you just aren't getting to the Super Bowl with that piss poor of an offense. I've watched Baltimore this season and they don't impress me one ounce. In fact, they are one of the most stagnant offense's in the league and Flacco is playing his worse ball of his career. Defense is going to waste in Balty and even they can be spread out. Losing to Jacksonville, Tennessee and barely squeaking by a 1-6 Cardinals team makes week 1 seem so long ago. The Steelers are literally a completely DIFFERENT team from top to bottom while the Ravens literally got mediocre each week.

Revenge game here, coming back home, in a frenzied Heinz Field is just a recipe for disaster for Balty. BRING IT ON.

:blah::blah::blah::blah:

this type of arrogance is what got you guys blasted in week 1. :rofl: some people never learn. see you on Sunday for a great game!

~Mili

FanSince72
11-01-2011, 10:14 AM
Hey Milly...

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/2545/0610sbringsa3843233.jpg

When you've got six of these, you can say whatever the f*** you want.

GMU Steeler
11-01-2011, 11:05 AM

this type of arrogance is what got you guys blasted in week 1. :rofl: some people never learn. see you on Sunday for a great game!

~Mili

Arrogance? You mean like how John Harbaugh always claims after every single close Ravens-Steelers game that the Steelers win that the Steelers didn't win but the Ravens handed the game away? Listen I think the game's going to be close. Nature of the rivalry IMO but it is a fact that Flacco has struggled this year which I think even Ravens fans like yourself can attest to or the fact that they did put up stinkers in Jacksonville and against the Cards last week. And maybe it wasn't a Super Bowl for you but for a lot of your fellow fans, they were convinced that beating the Steelers in a Week 1 game meant that the guard had changed.

Opt2loc
11-01-2011, 12:21 PM
Hey Milly...

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/2545/0610sbringsa3843233.jpg

When you've got six of these, you can say whatever the f*** you want.

Funny, I didn't think Steeler fans did that anymore.

What the Ravens have done is beat three teams by double digits that will most likely make the playoffs. Steelers, Jets, and Texans. They beat you guys last year at home and they can beat you again. It won't be a cake walk of course, but definatley can happen.

Now Woodley is out. Uh oh!!

The Steelers just don't scare anyone at this point in this season like they have in the past. Good luck.

tanda10506
11-01-2011, 12:24 PM
contrary to what some have said...week 1 WAS NOT our SB. that's just what you guys tell yourselves to deal with that skull dragging that my boys put on ya'll

They played harder then they did in the playoffs, so...:chuckle:

Sixburgher
11-01-2011, 12:25 PM
What the Ravens have done is beat three teams by double digits that will most likely make the playoffs. Steelers, Jets, and Texans. They beat you guys last year at home and they can beat you again. It won't be a cake walk of course, but definatley can happen.

The Steelers just don't scare anyone at this point in this season like they have in the past. Good luck.

And much more recently have dropped a game to a 1-5 cellar dwellar and almost dropped another one to another 1-5 cellar dweller in their own backyard. Not much to be fearful of there, either.

SoCalFan
11-01-2011, 12:33 PM
:tt03:Honestly,I dont think this game will be close,Ben should light em up,and James H. will be back,pissed off! I just hope these rat punks have enough balls to show up after the game!:tt03:

Opt2loc
11-01-2011, 12:39 PM
And much more recently have dropped a game to a 1-5 cellar dwellar and almost dropped another one to another 1-5 cellar dweller in their own backyard. Not much to be fearful of there, either.

Yeah, you guys squeaked by the Colts with 2 min left. Barely beat the cellar dwellar Jags who shut you out in the 2nd half in your backyard. Lost to The Texans who we beat. Oh by the way you were crushed by the Ravens in week #1.

We could do this all day. I'm just saying that the Steelers don't scare anyone anymore as they have the past couple of years.

The Ravens have shown that they can step it up against good teams and also have stunk it up a couple of times against bad teams. I won't consider it an upset if the Ravens win.

1/28/01
11-01-2011, 12:58 PM

Ravens have a higher ranked scoring offense and the Steelers have struggled mightily against inferior teams this year as well. We're not all that different in that regard currently.

Oh yeah, you're not "literally" an entirely different team unless you cut all your players and picked up new ones :)

stlrtruck
11-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Yeah, you guys squeaked by the Colts with 2 min left. Barely beat the cellar dwellar Jags who shut you out in the 2nd half in your backyard. Lost to The Texans who we beat. Oh by the way you were crushed by the Ravens in week #1.

We could do this all day. I'm just saying that the Steelers don't scare anyone anymore as they have the past couple of years.

The Ravens have shown that they can step it up against good teams and also have stunk it up a couple of times against bad teams. I won't consider it an upset if the Ravens win.

And you got smoked by the Titans, least we forget that drudging your boys took. Oh yeah, we beat them too.

And I like it when the Steelers don't scare people. It usually bodes well for them down the stretch. Defense is old. Defense is slow. Offense can't block. Offense can't run. :blah: :blah: :blah:

Playing in Pittsburgh on Sunday night, doesn't bode well for ratbirds. They've proven their skeered of the prime time games in Da 'Burgh. Sunday night, the Steelers will once again prove why!

Let's see who starts pointing the finger on the ratbirds sideline first. Suggs? Ray-Ray? Boldin? Rice? Flacco? Harbaugh?

4xSBChamps
11-01-2011, 01:32 PM
I didn't think Steeler fans did that anymore.

... and Purple-Brown fans have never had that opportunity

Sixburgher
11-01-2011, 01:37 PM

We didn't lose to the Jags or the Colts. We also didn't trail them by 3 TDs at the half either. You can keep beating your chest about week one all you want, but there's little doubt which team is playing better of late.

FanSince72
11-01-2011, 01:52 PM

Tell you what, Milly...

I've been watching Steeler Football since a guy tamed Terry was a rookie and I've seen this team at its best and at its worst and everything in between.

All I can say to you is that while Woodley's absence may be significant, all it means to me is that the game will play a bit faster because your medical staff won't have to peel Flacco off the turf every other play.

If I were you, I'd be more concerned about our passing game than whether Woodley is on the field or not. Week 1 is a far cry from where things are now and don't think for a minute that Flacco will be able to do to us what he did to Arizona. There's a reason why Arizona is just 1-6 and likewise there's a reason why we're 6-2 and ahead of you in the Power Rankings.

I've got nine words for you:

Ben, Wallace, Sanders, Brown, Miller, Ward, Mendenhall, Moore and Redman.

So rather than sitting there smirking over Woodley's hammy, I'd suggest you make sure you have some fresh batteries in your calculator to accurately add up all the points we'll score against your lame-ass secondary.

Have the kind of week you deserve, Milly! :tt04::tt::tt03::rofl:

Pedro Cerrano
11-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Ravens' fan here. First post. Probably will only post/read here when we play each other since I like to get a pulse of how the opposition's fans are feeling heading into the game.

Wishing you luck, hoping that you guys are as close to full strength as you can be (same as us). That's the best way to watch the best rivalry in the NFL.

Opt2loc
11-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Tell you what, Milly...

I've been watching Steeler Football since a guy tamed Terry was a rookie and I've seen this team at its best and at its worst and everything in between.

All I can say to you is that while Woodley's absence may be significant, all it means to me is that the game will play a bit faster because your medical staff won't have to peel Flacco off the turf every other play.

If I were you, I'd be more concerned about our passing game than whether Woodley is on the field or not. Week 1 is a far cry from where things are now and don't think for a minute that Flacco will be able to do to us what he did to Arizona. There's a reason why Arizona is just 1-6 and likewise there's a reason why we're 6-2 and ahead of you in the Power Rankings.

I've got nine words for you:

Ben, Wallace, Sanders, Brown, Miller, Ward, Mendenhall, Moore and Redman.

So rather than sitting there smirking over Woodley's hammy, I'd suggest you make sure you have some fresh batteries in your calculator to accurately add up all the points we'll score against your lame-ass secondary.

Have the kind of week you deserve, Milly! :tt04::tt::tt03::rofl:

Who is Milly?

You sure smell like the classic bandwagon jumper.

Still got that L.T. jersey you wore when the Steelers sucked in the mid late 80's.

Mr. or Miss NY.

stlrtruck
11-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Still got that L.T. jersey you wore when the Steelers sucked in the mid late 80's.

You mean during the same period that the only football Baltimore fans got to watch was either the Washington Redskins or the defunct Baltimore Stallions. :blah: :blah: :blah: :toofunny:

SteelCityMom
11-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Who is Milly?

You sure smell like the classic bandwagon jumper.

Mr. or Miss NY.

You can call Steelers fans a lot of things, but bandwagoners they are not. Especially since they consistently sell out, even during the "suck years", and have since 1972. I'm pretty sure there are still some people on the waiting list for season tickets from the mid/late 80's. :chuckle:

4xSBChamps
11-01-2011, 03:29 PM

You mean during the same period that the only football Baltimore fans got to watch was either the Washington Redskins or the defunct Baltimore Stallions.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/BaltimoreColtslLeave1984.jpg

Opt2loc
11-01-2011, 03:39 PM
You mean during the same period that the only football Baltimore fans got to watch was either the Washington Redskins or the defunct Baltimore Stallions. :blah: :blah: :blah: :toofunny:

So what is your point with that statement. That it was too funny for loyal football fans like me to have to suffer without a team for years because of a drunk loser for an owner and fans that wouldn't show up and support their team. :applaudit: That's sad.

You can call Steelers fans a lot of things, but bandwagoners they are not. Especially since they consistently sell out, even during the "suck years", and have since 1972. I'm pretty sure there are still some people on the waiting list for season tickets from the mid/late 80's. :chuckle:

A lot of Steeler fans are loyal and not bandwagoners. If I smell one that is a jumper, I call them out.
I'm sorry to break this to you but your team has the most bandwagon jumpers for fans than any other team in the league.

:tt04:

FanSince72
11-01-2011, 03:39 PM
There is no "Flavor of the Month" when you're a Steeler Fan.

There's just Black and Gold and that's that.

"'Til death do us part", was probably written by a Steeler Fan.

So if the Ravens should win next weekend, all the Ratbird fans will have is a "W", but we Steeler Fans will still have a team for life and a brotherhood that can't be broken.

I'll take that any day! :tt04::tt02::tt::tt03::helmet:

Sixburgher
11-01-2011, 03:41 PM
I'm sorry to break this to you but your team has the most bandwagon jumpers for fans than any other team in the league.

Sadly, I really can't dispute that. I also agree that the "six rings" argument is lame and smacks of bandwagon-ism.

SteelCityMom
11-01-2011, 04:09 PM
So what is your point with that statement. That it was too funny for loyal football fans like me to have to suffer without a team for years because of a drunk loser for an owner and fans that wouldn't show up and support their team. :applaudit: That's sad.

A lot of Steeler fans are loyal and not bandwagoners. If I smell one that is a jumper, I call them out.

That's just a random statement from you, and not fact. Do the Steelers have bandwagon fans? Of course...many successful teams do (including the Ravens after their SB win). But being a Steelers fan is not like being a Patriots fan, or a Colts fan. It didn't become in style within the past 10 years. It's something that is handed down from your parents/grandparents, more than it is just rooting for a winning team. Hence, the nearly 40 years of straight sellouts (and strong fan presence at road games), despite team performance. Bandwagon fans are only present during winning seasons. Steelers fans are always present. :tt02:

So, don't be sorry to me for anything, because you're just throwing out random, and incorrect statements.

Third Rail
11-01-2011, 04:44 PM
There's also a bit of a misconception about Steelers fans. People who don't know the history of Pittsburgh tend to assume that the reason why the Steelers seem to have fans all over the world and why there are Steeler bars everywhere is due to bandwagon jumping, but that's not always the case. A lot of Steelers fans are originally from Pittsburgh (or their family is) and were forced to relocate due to the collapse of the steel industry, which hurt all of the city's economy.

For example, I was born in Pittsburgh and my entire family is from there, but I moved to the Harrisburg area (and a slew of other places) growing up due to my father being laid off. Many other people were in the same situations... you have to go where the jobs are. And even though Pittsburgh overall as shifted gears and is doing better than it was in the 1970s and 1980s, it can still be tough to move back because the job market is still tough (although that can be said for most of the U.S. these days).

Lord of Lombardi
11-01-2011, 05:24 PM
The only game plan we need is to shadow Ray Rice who has been the #1 receiver of the Ratbirds for some time. Makes no sense becuase he is a RB but If it's not Rice, they will throw it up and hope Bolden (who rode the coat tail of Fitz for some time in AZ) gets 4 Pass Interference calls in the end zone. How's that working out for you now Over rated Boldin? No Fitz = no threat. Ratbirds and Flacco will never win the big one because they have let the one eye brow wonder rely too heavily on the check down. Count how many times he checks down because he panics. Division 3 QB, won't win the big one and Baltisuck is starting to turn on him because they feel it. Sunday we'll prove it.

Steelers_all_day_43
11-01-2011, 06:38 PM
This video sums up the rivalry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPWHp-ccGVM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Steel_Bus_24
11-01-2011, 10:08 PM
Get ready boys and girls...IT'S RATBIRD WEEK...

0x4QnQbGdfU&feature=player_embedded

:helmet:

1/28/01
11-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Get ready boys and girls...IT'S RATBIRD WEEK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x4QnQbGdfU&list=HL1320199583&feature=mh_lolz

Is there anyway to embed yotube vids???or are they turned off for this board??

0x4QnQbGdfU&list=HL1320199583&feature=mh_lolz

Edit - Well I tried, but your site (or at least my settings) dont recognize HTML tags.

Edit (again) - thanks....works now

SteelCityMom
11-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Get ready boys and girls...IT'S RATBIRD WEEK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x4QnQbGdfU&list=HL1320199583&feature=mh_lolz

Is there anyway to embed yotube vids???or are they turned off for this board??

0x4QnQbGdfU

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=16597

:thumbsup:

I know it's confusing, and it used to be different, but use that link for reference if you forget.

RatbirdExtreme
11-01-2011, 10:41 PM
The only game plan we need is to shadow Ray Rice who has been the #1 receiver of the Ratbirds for some time. Makes no sense becuase he is a RB but If it's not Rice, they will throw it up and hope Bolden (who rode the coat tail of Fitz for some time in AZ) gets 4 Pass Interference calls in the end zone. How's that working out for you now Over rated Boldin? No Fitz = no threat. Ratbirds and Flacco will never win the big one because they have let the one eye brow wonder rely too heavily on the check down. Count how many times he checks down because he panics. Division 3 QB, won't win the big one and Baltisuck is starting to turn on him because they feel it. Sunday we'll prove it.

Actually, Boldin had 1 100 recep season before Fitz ever arrived. he's not overrated, hes a very solid, even top rate number 2 receiver. Problem is, he's not our number 2......
And get your Flacco insults right, its not one eye brow wonder, its Unibrow, or Neanderthal if you prefer.Mediocre Joe is not inconsistent. He's very consistent at having horrible accuracy at any pass attempt over 15 yards.
I love our FO here in Ballmer, and Ozzie is a HOF GM. But MAN, he has bad luck with QBs. Kyle Boller, anyone?

Nonetheless, we persevere. Expect plenty of 2 TE sets, and lots of short passes. And say what you want about our inept QB (and I'll probably agree with you), Ben hasnt been lighting up solid Ds this year, either. Based on injuries alone, our D is just a little bit better right now. Any thing can happen, and a win by either team wouldnt surprise me much. A Ravens win, no injuries, and me not getting beat up in the Ketchup parking lot is all I hope for on Sunday

1/28/01
11-01-2011, 10:44 PM
Actually, Boldin had 1 100 recep season before Fitz ever arrived. he's not overrated, hes a very solid, even top rate number 2 receiver. Problem is, he's not our number 2......
And get your Flacco insults right, its not one eye brow wonder, its Unibrow, or Neanderthal if you prefer.Mediocre Joe is not inconsistent. He's very consistent at having horrible accuracy at any pass attempt over 15 yards.
I love our FO here in Ballmer, and Ozzie is a HOF GM. But MAN, he has bad luck with QBs. Kyle Boller, anyone?

Nonetheless, we persevere. Expect plenty of 2 TE sets, and lots of short passes. And say what you want about our inept QB (and I'll probably agree with you), Ben hasnt been lighting up solid Ds this year, either. Based on injuries alone, our D is just a little bit better right now. Any thing can happen, and a win by either team wouldnt surprise me much. A Ravens win, no injuries, and me not getting beat up in the Ketchup parking lot is all I hope for on Sunday
Man, you're over here with this username and calling Flacco inept and mentioning that fella whose name rhymes with stroller? What is wrong with you?

RatbirdExtreme
11-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Eh, I hang out here because I get blasted a lot on the Ravens board for my outspoken opinions on Joe. And its amusing to read the trashtalk here. Funny thing is, the rivalry is such a good one, and the fans dislike each other so much because the cities and teams are so alike in many ways.

Hey I love the Ravens. Always will. But that doesnt mean I lose my objectivity, unlike 95% of football fans everywhere.

And you have to admit, you laughed for 5 minutes when you saw Kyle throw that pick 6 2 weeks ago. I know I did :chuckle:

ricardisimo
11-01-2011, 11:05 PM
I beg to differ. Boldin was a superb receiver in his own right, no coat-tailing there. He might be past his prime, but I think his main problem is his crappy QB.

mizzouristeeler
11-01-2011, 11:09 PM
I beg to differ. Boldin was a superb receiver in his own right, no coat-tailing there. He might be past his prime, but I think his main problem is his crappy QB.

I thought you said beg to dilfer, for a sec. :chuckle:

stlrtruck
11-02-2011, 08:49 AM

Living in MD for 30 years, to watch on the news as the colts moved out of town, and the few fans they had crying on the television, was very humorous for me. And my point to the comment was you called us bandwagon fans, yet the colts couldn't sell out unless a big name team came to town and the visiting team's fans bought out the stadium. Even in the early days of the ratbirds in Memorial it was easy to get a game day ticket.

Hell I remember going to PSNet Stadium and parking less than 100 yards away from the stadium with all Steelers fans as disgruntled ravens fans walked by our huge tailgates. I guess the FO got tired of seeing Steelers fans outside the stadium so close that they made that parking lot a season ticket holder parking lot.

And yet when you need Boldin the most (see playoffs), he become inept and forgets that in order to get a first down you have to catch the ball.

I can't argue with what Ozzie has done in Baltimore. He's definitely turned the ratbirds around.

And while I'd like to see the ratbirds get the ever living shite kicked out of them, and while you may get taunted and teased about being a ratbird fan, I hope that you are shown a little respect and no punches are thrown. That's not sportsmanship, and that's certainly not what this rival is about.

Enjoy the game...all the way up until the clock reads 00:00:00!

ebsteelers
11-02-2011, 08:54 AM
its Wednesday, put the pats in the rear view ..

Ravens Week, o yeah, been waiting for this game since week 1, when we got our shyt handed to us...

If things go well,

the young line backers filling in and not missing a beat, THE STANDARD IS THE STANDARD

db's playing like they did last week,

stop the run, may slacco beat us

offense- minimum sacks i know ben holds the ball too long sometimes, one deep shot early for six, t(hen hines ward run on the field and stone cold stunner ed reed)...

no turnovers, get the runnig game going

steelers 28 ravens 13

if things go poorly

a lot like the first game

2 or more turnovers,

ben getting killed every play,

our young linebackers not knowing assignments

letting rice run wild

prediction ravens 24 steelers 13

i think the keys to the game are

1) stopping rice, make slacco beat us

2) block terrell suggs or strap me up and i will

Opt2loc
11-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Another key is not letting ben eat a NFL leading steady diet of turf like he has all year.

Opt2loc
11-02-2011, 09:42 AM
A lot of Steeler fans are loyal and not bandwagoners. If I smell one that is a jumper, I call them out.I'm sorry to break this to you but your team has the most bandwagon jumpers for fans than any other team in the league.

I didn't say all Steeler fans are bandwagoners. I also didn't compare Baltimore fans to Squealer fans. You definatley are the true definition of a band wagon jumper, just listen to yourself. At least being born and raised in MD, even when I lived in Denver I stayed loyal to Baltimore when they got a team. There is plenty of room on the Ravens bandwagon when the Squealers run their course and the Ravens are the dominant team while the Sqealers will be fighting for 3rd place. When that happens come on over and bring your purple.

Third Rail
11-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Another key is not letting ben eat a NFL leading steady diet of turf like he has all year.

And yet, despite that, he has thrown 14 TDs and has only lost two games.

Granted, one of them was to your team, and it was a beatdown. But the O-Line has improved since then, and the sacks Ben has taken in recent weeks usually come after he tries to do too much. For example, last week... if you're going to drop back to pass 50+ times in a game, unless you're playing against a high school defense (or maybe the Redskins) you're going to take a couple sacks.

SteelCityMom
11-02-2011, 10:37 AM

I honestly have no clue why people even bring this up anymore like it means a whole lot. I guess we're just used to the sacks he takes by now (or at least I know I am). I literally expect 3-5 sacks per game at this point.

Thing is though, despite Ben leading the league in sacks against, he's 5th in passing yards (to Flacco's 12th), tied for 6th in average yds/play (to Flacco's 23rd spot), 7th in yds/game (to Flacco's 12th) and 5th in TDs (to Flacco's 20th). He's also got a top 10 (7th actually) completion percentage. Curtis Painter has a better completion percentage than Flacco. :chuckle:

So go ahead and get him a little dirty I say...it would seem he (usually) plays better that way.

Opt2loc
11-02-2011, 11:58 AM
I honestly have no clue why people even bring this up anymore like it means a whole lot. I guess we're just used to the sacks he takes by now (or at least I know I am). I literally expect 3-5 sacks per game at this point.

Thing is though, despite Ben leading the league in sacks against, he's 5th in passing yards (to Flacco's 12th), tied for 6th in average yds/play (to Flacco's 23rd spot), 7th in yds/game (to Flacco's 12th) and 5th in TDs (to Flacco's 20th). He's also got a top 10 (7th actually) completion percentage. Curtis Painter has a better completion percentage than Flacco. :chuckle:

So go ahead and get him a little dirty I say...it would seem he (usually) plays better that way.

"Steelers have better offensive production than the Ravens" :blah::blah::blah:

Who is disputing that. You can throw that out the door when it comes to these two.

Last six games
35-7 R
13-5 S
31-24 S playoffs
13-10 S
17-14 R
23-20 S
20-17ot R

I'll save you the trouble. "Two wins we were w/o ben!!!"

That's why this is the best rivalry in football. Sit back and have a heartattack.:drink:

SteelCityMom
11-02-2011, 12:04 PM

Who is disputing that. You can throw that out the door when it comes to these two.

Last six games
35-7 R
13-5 S
31-24 S playoffs
13-10 S
17-14 R
23-20 S
20-17ot R

That's why this is the best rivalry in football. Sit back and have a heartattack.:drink:

Ohhh kay....Never said you were disputing that. Just listing stats to back up the fact that (for the most part) Ben taking sacks doesn't necessarily limit his offensive production, and compared it to another QBs stats (Flacco, because it's relevant) who doesn't take a lot of sacks, but has much poorer offensive production.

Sorry you needed it spelled out like that. :chuckle:

You can however blah, blah, blah at the Curtis Painter jab. Sorry if that was too low of a blow. :flap:

Opt2loc
11-02-2011, 12:28 PM
Ohhh kay....Never said you were disputing that. Just listing stats to back up the fact that (for the most part) Ben taking sacks doesn't necessarily limit his offensive production, and compared it to another QBs stats (Flacco, because it's relevant) who doesn't take a lot of sacks, but has much poorer offensive production.

Sorry you needed it spelled out like that. :chuckle:

You can however blah, blah, blah at the Curtis Painter jab. Sorry if that was too low of a blow. :flap:

If that makes you feel better about yourself, have at it.:chuckle:

stlrtruck
11-02-2011, 01:10 PM

Last six games
35-7 R
13-5 S
31-24 S playoffs
13-10 S
17-14 R
23-20 S
20-17ot R

I'll save you the trouble. "Two wins we were w/o ben!!!"

I noticed you left out 2008 when you got...what is that word...
oh yeah...
SWEPT!

And I don't ever use the "We were without (insert player here), that's why you won!" comments. It takes away from the thrill of the game.

And for whatever reason the ratbirds have a mental condition when it comes to playing in the spotlight in Pittsburgh. I'm guessing they haven't found a shrink yet to help with that psychological melt down.

FanSince72
11-02-2011, 01:13 PM

I agree.

When I watched the game last Sunday, I watched Ben get sacked during the opening drive (or was it the second possession?). Anyway, I didn't think of it as anything other than "normal".

These days when an a commentator says Ben got sacked, it has about the same emotional value as my wife popping her head in the room and asking, "Do you want some coffee?"

It's the same way I used to think about Terry Bradshaw and interceptions - it's just something that comes with the package.

Opt2loc
11-02-2011, 01:23 PM
I noticed you left out 2008 when you got...what is that word...
oh yeah...
SWEPT!And I don't ever use the "We were without (insert player here), that's why you won!" comments. It takes away from the thrill of the game.

And for whatever reason the ratbirds have a mental condition when it comes to playing in the spotlight in Pittsburgh. I'm guessing they haven't found a shrink yet to help with that psychological melt down.

Wouldn't you?.:oops:

I have to say I can't argue with that. Where's Dr. Melfi when you need her.

stlrtruck
11-02-2011, 01:55 PM
Wouldn't you?.:oops:

I have to say I can't argue with that. Where's Dr. Melfi when you need her.

I probably wouldn't have brought it up, knowing that someone else would have found it and pointed it out.

1/28/01
11-02-2011, 09:02 PM
2) block terrell suggs or strap me up and i will

I dont know you, but I would pay to see someone off the streets (possibly couch...again, I dont know you so I cant so for certain) do this :)

RatbirdExtreme
11-02-2011, 10:34 PM
I dont know you, but I would pay to see someone off the streets (possibly couch...again, I dont know you so I cant so for certain) do this :)

Heh, one of the best football pics of the season is the picture of Mark Sanchez crying after Ngata hit him. Can't find a link or I'd post it. Anyway, I was talking about it with a friend of mine and basically mocking Sanchez for crying. His response? "Hell, I'd cry too if Ngata trucked me like that"

4xSBChamps
11-02-2011, 10:39 PM
... one of the best football pics of the season is the picture of Mark Sanchez crying...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/JamesHarrison-yourboyshurt.jpg http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/MarkSanchezonground.jpg

GMU Steeler
11-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Heh, one of the best football pics of the season is the picture of Mark Sanchez crying after Ngata hit him. Can't find a link or I'd post it. Anyway, I was talking about it with a friend of mine and basically mocking Sanchez for crying. His response? "Hell, I'd cry too if Ngata trucked me like that"

Mind sharing it? And yeah no kidding. Ngata's one of the best in the league and probably the best at his position.Not a guy I'd want to be hit by and I am not exactly scrawny.

GMU Steeler
11-02-2011, 10:42 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/JamesHarrison-yourboyshurt.jpg http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/MarkSanchezonground.jpg

Haha can't wait to see good old number 92 back on the field.

1/28/01
11-03-2011, 12:02 AM

except that was Ngata that got him in the pic on the right - http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/Es4GF807pL2/Baltimore+Ravens+v+New+York+Jets/Kj4Q33hkO7f/Mark+Sanchez

ebsteelers
11-03-2011, 08:53 AM

lol... i am like 5 foot 7 around 185 lol... i played cornerback in college lol....

if coach Tomlin needs me I'll be ready to go.

Dino 6 Rings
11-03-2011, 05:03 PM
All he pressure is on the Ravens in this game.

If they lose, its Steelers 7-2 Ravens 5-3. If they win, its pretty much even and they just have the tie breaker. Steelers 6-3, Ravens 6-2. I love having the Late Bye Week.

Can you imagine the Baltimore papers on Monday if the Standings are
Steelers 7-2
Bengals 6-2 or 5-3
Ravens 5-3
Browns. Brown for Brown.

1/28/01
11-03-2011, 07:20 PM
All he pressure is on the Ravens in this game.

If they lose, its Steelers 7-2 Ravens 5-3. If they win, its pretty much even and they just have the tie breaker. Steelers 6-3, Ravens 6-2. I love having the Late Bye Week.

Can you imagine the Baltimore papers on Monday if the Standings are
Steelers 7-2
Bengals 6-2 or 5-3
Ravens 5-3
Browns. Brown for Brown.
Equal pressure my friend. The Ravens would have a 1.5 game lead if/when they win on Sunday! .5 game since you havent had your bye week yet and 1 game for the tie breaker.

Wallace108
11-03-2011, 09:11 PM
Is it just me, or are the Ratbird trolls really pathetic this year? Where the hell is Tim Lumber when you need him? :coffee:

SteelCityMom
11-03-2011, 09:34 PM
Is it just me, or are the Ratbird trolls really pathetic this year? Where the hell is Tim Lumber when you need him? :coffee:

:chuckle: Honestly, so far I'm glad they've all been (mostly) respectful.

I do miss Timmah though. It's just not as fun kicking around bobby jr.

mizzouristeeler
11-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Where's dumper?

SteelCityMom
11-03-2011, 09:44 PM
Where's dumper?

He was banished to the toilet area many moons ago. :chuckle:

4xSBChamps
11-03-2011, 09:51 PM

they get that-way when they win the Super Bowl in mid-September

where's Booby Jr?
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/funny%20pictures/WEOII-avatar.jpg

1/28/01
11-03-2011, 10:35 PM

You guys are funny. We welcome educated fans of opposing teams over at BR.com. We have a quite a few regular Steeler fans over there. I respect the hell out of your organization, but also respect the rivalry and the seemingly endless hatred some show for the Ravens. It is what is and these two teams play football the way it was intended.

1/28/01
11-03-2011, 10:38 PM
they get that-way when they win the Super Bowl in mid-September

where's Booby Jr?
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/funny%20pictures/WEOII-avatar.jpg

Now, this stupid remark I find funny. Was week 1 a big game? Sure! All Ravens/Steelers games are....Pretty sure the Steelers would have loved to have won that game! But it wasnt our SB.

steelerchad
11-04-2011, 07:50 PM
Now, this stupid remark I find funny. Was week 1 a big game? Sure! All Ravens/Steelers games are....Pretty sure the Steelers would have loved to have won that game! But it wasnt our SB.

I think what he meant is the Ravens tend to win the early season or end of season, resting starters, less meaningful games between the two. When the games count the most, they tend to fall just a little short. You could make a pretty good arguement that the Steelers have won the 7 most meaningful games between the 2 teams. When all the chips are in the middle, I like our chances.

I agree Steelers/Ravens are usually big games. But right now, which game between the 2 is more important? This game puts the winner in the drivers seat past the midway point. Just as last years December game and playoff game were bigger than the week 4 win with Ben serving a suspension. Just as the December game in Baltimore and the AFCC game in 08........eh, you get the picture.

1/28/01
11-04-2011, 10:00 PM
I think what he meant is the Ravens tend to win the early season or end of season, resting starters, less meaningful games between the two. When the games count the most, they tend to fall just a little short. You could make a pretty good arguement that the Steelers have won the 7 most meaningful games between the 2 teams. When all the chips are in the middle, I like our chances.

I agree Steelers/Ravens are usually big games. But right now, which game between the 2 is more important? This game puts the winner in the drivers seat past the midway point. Just as last years December game and playoff game were bigger than the week 4 win with Ben serving a suspension. Just as the December game in Baltimore and the AFCC game in 08........eh, you get the picture.

Of course I understand that. But had you guys won week 1, this game would be just another game (still a typical Ravens/Steelers game, but not with the implications that it currently has). If you were sitting at 7-1 and the Ravens were 4-3, the Ravens would be in a must win situation and the Steelers could lose and still be sitting pretty. Of course, in retrospect, the later games have meant a lot, but thats why football is so great. 16 games and every one means sooo much! Unlike baseball, for instance, each game makes a HUGE difference.

steelfury02
11-04-2011, 10:34 PM
:blah:

But the Rats won so your point would be?

Listen, I know it is hard to accept the fact that your team, along with a vast number from your fan base acted like they won a Lombardi in week 1 AND your team rubbed a little dirt in our team's face so now you have to deal with whatever happens as a result of that severe overreaction - just so happens to be that the result is most likely the division title and #1 seed in the AFC.

When will you Rats and Rat fans ever learn? You are always, always, ALWAYS backtracking and talking your way out of things - just take the medicine dude and tell some of your fellow Rat fans to keep the talk down until they win it when the chips are down

4xSBChamps
11-05-2011, 09:06 AM
Of course I understand that. But had you guys won week 1
the fans wouldn't have gone-crazy, like they'd won the Super Bowl, which explains why Steeler faithful question why 'Ratbird trolls really pathetic this year', as quoted above, when Purple-Brown supporters clearly went over-boards with their praise after the season-opening win over Pittsburgh

steelbad@50
11-05-2011, 09:31 AM
I for one like all this trash talking between fans of their teams, makes this thread interesting and comical all at the same time. Just one thing I would like to add that is not trash talking, our fans better be LOUD AS HELL attending the game this Sunday night, thats the real advantage that will put us over the top. So get ready Ratbirds, the Steelers are coming and hell is coming with them !!!!

steelfury02
11-05-2011, 06:21 PM
"Alright Suggs - you called down the Thunder well now you got it!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynKoZD-sFi4

Danny136200
11-05-2011, 07:40 PM

~Mili

LOL, you know we are just the fans right?

Danny136200
11-05-2011, 07:48 PM

Here i can do the same thing. The Ravens lost, by double digits to a team that we beat by 21, then your offense decided to do a no show and lost the jaguars, which we beat by 4. SEE WHAT DID I THUR!!!

And to be completely honest, the Steelers maybe a close second to the Ravens in Defensive stats, but the Ravens cause a lot more havoc than the Steelers so far, but teams are not intimidated in coming into Pittsburgh anymore? please.

Nevermore
11-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Only two things scare me about this game, and they both are QBs. If the "elite" Flacco shows up, we're gonna be hard to beat. If MNF and Cardinal Flacco shows up, it's gonna be a long night.

On the other side of the ball, the Bathroom Bandit is looking really good in the last couple games. I'm confident the D can contain him, but not if they are on the field for 50 minutes. Keep Suggs and Lewis on the bench resting with long scoring drives and we won't be beat.

Here's to a great game!!

GO RAVENS!

stlrtruck
11-06-2011, 09:48 AM
GAME DAY!!!

On-call phone call came in at 2:20am, and 5:40am - doesn't matter
Watching ESPN now - it's just back ground noise - doesn't matter
All the pre-game shows with all the blah blah blah - doesn't matter
1pm game on TV here in Tampa - Bucs @ Saints - doesn't matter
4pm games on TV here in Tampa - Giants @ Patriots and Broncos @ Raiders - doesn't matter
8:20 game - ratbirds @ STEELERS - IT MATTERS!!!

mesaSteeler
11-06-2011, 10:30 AM
The perfect video to get you amped up. This is just excellent.

Pittsburgh Steelers / "Immortals" Trailer -- [vs. Baltimore Ravens 11-6-11] \

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=79317

FanSince72
11-06-2011, 10:47 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS,
http://www.sycaonline.org/images/banner1.jpg
HERE WE GO!!!!!!!

SteelMayhem29
11-06-2011, 11:58 PM
:rofl:http://roadkillcuisine.com/wp-content/gallery/uploads/crow.jpg

I'd say Ray-ray.

Because even when he's out cold his chest is still sticking out.

:rofl: