PDA

View Full Version : Losing Turnover Battle, But Winning War

NEWstevo
10-31-2011, 01:21 PM
Losing Turnover Battle, But Winning War

The Steelers again lost the turnover battle but still won the game. This has been a consistent anomaly all season long. I donít know the stats, but I believe Pittsburgh is last in turnovers and first overall in AFC record.

Has this happened before?

FanSince72
10-31-2011, 01:24 PM
Losing Turnover Battle, But Winning War

The Steelers again lost the turnover battle but still won the game. This has been a consistent anomaly all season long. I donít know the stats, but I believe Pittsburgh is last in turnovers and first overall in AFC record.

Has this happened before?

Well let's see...

I seem to recall a guy named Bradshaw whom threw for 212 TD's along with 210 INT's and ended up with 4 Rings, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. :tt04:

Bayz101
10-31-2011, 01:28 PM
Wait...Didn't Keisel force a fumble? I recall Ben throwing a pick, and Keisel forcing a fumble. Doesn't that mean the turnover battle ended in a tie? Or am I missing another turnover.

NEWstevo
10-31-2011, 01:38 PM
Oh yeah------ how could I forget about The Beard's sack/fumble!

Thanks!

Bayz101
10-31-2011, 01:41 PM
Oh yeah------ how could I forget about The Beard's sack/fumble!

Thanks!

Haha, we all have our days :chuckle:

Fire Arians
10-31-2011, 01:53 PM
Wait...Didn't Keisel force a fumble? I recall Ben throwing a pick, and Keisel forcing a fumble. Doesn't that mean the turnover battle ended in a tie? Or am I missing another turnover.

wasn't a turnover, it was a safety. Still was a huge play and a nail in the coffin, though technically it's not in the books as a turnover

Bayz101
10-31-2011, 02:20 PM
wasn't a turnover, it was a safety. Still was a huge play and a nail in the coffin, though technically it's not in the books as a turnover

Oh, your right. It was a fumble, but didn't result in a turnover. However, a saftey gives us two points AND the ball. So if you think about it, it's basically a turnover with cheese :chuckle:

mizzouristeeler
10-31-2011, 03:13 PM
Turnover with cheese!

Fire Arians
10-31-2011, 03:14 PM
Oh, your right. It was a fumble, but didn't result in a turnover. However, a saftey gives us two points AND the ball. So if you think about it, it's basically a turnover with cheese :chuckle:

yeah true that :drink:

theplatypus
10-31-2011, 03:21 PM
Turnover with cheese!

Exactly, points and the ball.

NoFieldFive
10-31-2011, 05:59 PM
they need to think twice before getting a safety. last week Woodley lost a sack and this week they lost a turnover.