PDA

View Full Version : I have a confession to make.

Brady12
06-13-2006, 05:37 PM
It's not easy to say this, but I have officially become a Detroit Lions fan. I am a:

Detroit Red Wings fan
Detroit Pistons fan

I was recently convinced to give into the Motown Sports teams, even though the Tigers and Lions are absolutely pathetic. I am now officially a:

Detroit Red Wings fan
Detroit Pistons fan
Detroit Tigers fan
and.. A Detroit Lions fan.

I will still keep my username 'Brady12' as he is still my favourite player, but I will now praise the Lions, and bash the New England Patriots. That is all.

Jon Kitna is God.

Blitzburgh55
06-13-2006, 05:38 PM
Tigers have the best record in MLB and your are a trader

Livinginthe past
06-13-2006, 05:52 PM
Best of luck with the Detroit football franchise Brady12.

I knew after one year of not winning the SB we would start to lose fans to the footballing powerhouses of Detriot and Arizona.

Just think, by the time our teams face off in week13 - the Patriots will be thinking about 1st round byes - and the Lions will be thinking about 1st round draft busts.

At least nobody can call you a bangwagon fan. :cool:

NM

Brady12
06-13-2006, 05:54 PM

I knew after one year of not winning the Sb we would start to lose fans to the footballing powerhouses of Detriot and Arizona.

Just think, by the time our teams face off in week13 - the Patriots will be thinking about 1st round byes - and the Lions will be scouting colleges for a suitable 1st round draft busts.

NM

That may be true, but it's time I move on. And i'm not leaving the Patriots world because of a poor season, but more or less I don't think I am a 'true' Pats fan in the first place. Whereas Detroit is a place I know a lot about.

Ambridge
06-13-2006, 05:57 PM
Abandon ship!!!!

tony hipchest
06-13-2006, 05:59 PM
, but more or less I don't think I am a 'true' Pats fan in the first place.

who is???:sofunny: i love it.

(your new sig rocks) but mccown is the one you should be pimping. he has a shot at becoming the future franchise qb.

Livinginthe past
06-13-2006, 06:23 PM
That may be true, but it's time I move on. And i'm not leaving the Patriots world because of a poor season, but more or less I don't think I am a 'true' Pats fan in the first place. Whereas Detroit is a place I know a lot about.

Hey Brady12,

I can tell you are going to miss calling as season where you make it the 2nd round of the playoffs as a bad one :cool:

I was just pulling your leg anyway - its natural to follow all the teams from one region, so I applaud your decison to go for the Lions.

If you join a decent Lions board - let me know and ill join up before the week13 match up.

NM

CAH
06-13-2006, 06:43 PM
To each his own. Far be it for me to attack someone suffering from insanity.

SteelShooter
06-13-2006, 06:56 PM
To each his own. Far be it for me to attack someone suffering from insanity.

:rofl: :sofunny: :rofl: :sofunny: LOL! :rofl: :sofunny: :rofl: :sofunny:

SteelerzGirl
06-13-2006, 08:59 PM
It's not easy to say this, but I have officially become a Detroit Lions fan. I am a:

Detroit Red Wings fan
Detroit Pistons fan

I was recently convinced to give into the Motown Sports teams, even though the Tigers and Lions are absolutely pathetic. I am now officially a:

Detroit Red Wings fan
Detroit Pistons fan
Detroit Tigers fan

I will still keep my username 'Brady12' as he is still my favourite player, but I will now praise the Lions, and bash the New England Patriots. That is all.

Jon Kitna is God.

(gasp)

I'm shocked, Brady12! I still think you should change your username. You know... It's the entire Brady hatin' thing with me...(lol). :wink:

Good luck to your team this year, hon. I hope you have a great time cheering on the Lions. :smile:

HburgXL06
06-13-2006, 09:56 PM
Wait..........Detroit has a football team? I thought Ford Field was built just for us. Wow, this is a shocker you learn somethin new every day.

BuFu

Black@Gold Forever32
06-13-2006, 09:57 PM
Wait..........Detroit has a football team? I thought Ford Field was built just for us. Wow, this is a shocker you learn somethin new every day.

BuFu

Yea Detroit has a football team. They have uniforms and helmets. Its great.

MattsMe
06-13-2006, 10:06 PM

BuFu

:sofunny: Those were my first thoughts too. No offense Brady12. I can't say I know what it's like to pick a favorite team, because for me, there are no other teams.

HburgXL06
06-13-2006, 10:44 PM
:sofunny: Those were my first thoughts too. No offense Brady12. I can't say I know what it's like to pick a favorite team, because for me, there are no other teams.

That's for damn sure. I've never thought to have to "pick" a team because there has never been another team for me.

Wait.........I still don't have this straight......Detroit has a football team?

BuFu

Ohio Steeler
06-13-2006, 10:51 PM
That's for damn sure. I've never thought to have to "pick" a team because there has never been another team for me.

Wait.........I still don't have this straight......Detroit has a football team?

BuFu

yep and here is there star QB

http://www.oldhippy.org/helmet_cat.jpg

BlacknGold Bleeder
06-13-2006, 11:00 PM
I'm just glad he didn't pick the STEELERS ... enough band wagoneers already!!

HburgXL06
06-13-2006, 11:05 PM

LMAO!!!

I think he's their mascot too!

BuFu

Livinginthe past
06-14-2006, 01:54 AM

No wonder they cant get a winning season - their starting QB is a complete pu55y!

NM

Suitanim
06-14-2006, 08:25 AM
The nice thing about choosing a team like the Lions is that if they ever win a SB, you'll be able to say you were a fan during the lean years, and you will earn the respect of fans everywhere who have suffered along with you. For us older Steelers fans who were tormented by the "lean years", the Bubby Brister, Mark Malone, Can't Graham years, it makes the recent Super Bowl victory so much more sweeter.

Conversely, there is nothing worse than a fan who not only hops on the fanwagon after the fact, but then has the audacity to deride others who actually paid their dues.

slashsteel
06-15-2006, 08:38 PM
To me you pick a team and stick with them. But to each and his own. I was a Steeler fan since I was a kid, and nothing would/could change that. Even if all my friends loved joe blow's team.

Who is the Lions QB again?

Stlrs4Life
06-17-2006, 10:27 AM
My condolences I guess. I like the Red Wings, there prertty good.

klick81
06-17-2006, 11:23 AM
LOL...I LOVE IT! Proves the Patriot fans outside of their home town are nothing but a bunch of band wagon jumpers.

beSteelmyheart
06-17-2006, 07:13 PM
Well good luck, Brady12, yer gonna need it. At least they have nice colors..

silver & black
06-17-2006, 08:22 PM

Detroit Red Wings fan
Detroit Pistons fan

Detroit Red Wings fan
Detroit Pistons fan
Detroit Tigers fan

Jon Kitna is God.
We have a name for people like you over at RF.net... we call you BANDWAGON BITCHES!

BBC
06-17-2006, 08:36 PM
We have a name for people like you over at RF.net... we call you BANDWAGON BITCHES!

How can you call him a bandwagon fan when he's cheering for the Lions? Not exactly bandwagon. Unloyal fan? Sure.

MattsMe
06-17-2006, 09:14 PM
How can you call him a bandwagon fan when he's cheering for the Lions? Not exactly bandwagon. Unloyal fan? Sure.

I was wondering the same thing. Don't you have to jump on a winning team to be considered a bandwagon fan?

BBC
06-17-2006, 09:15 PM
I was wondering the same thing. Don't you have to jump on a winning team to be considered a bandwagon fan?

That was my understanding, but the Raiders haven't seen a winning team in some time now, maybe that's where the confusion came in.

MattsMe
06-17-2006, 09:17 PM
That was my understanding, but the Raiders haven't seen a winning team in some time now, maybe that's where the confusion came in.

That would probably explain it. :sofunny:

SteelCityMan786
06-17-2006, 09:32 PM

I knew after one year of not winning the SB we would start to lose fans to the footballing powerhouses of Detriot and Arizona.

Just think, by the time our teams face off in week13 - the Patriots will be thinking about 1st round byes - and the Lions will be thinking about 1st round draft busts.

NM

well it's tough to go with 0 super bowl for 1 year. Try being a steelers fan. waitng for 26 years.

silver & black
06-17-2006, 10:17 PM
True, I guess I didn't think that through very well. In hindsight... knock yoursef out. I actually find myself rooting for the Lions when I catch them on tv. Kind of like the little engine that could... except that they haven't yet.

silver & black
06-17-2006, 10:22 PM
It's only been 3 years. does that constitute "some time"? Maybe it does, I don't know. 3 years of losing seems like an eternity... especially when you aren't used to it.