PDA

View Full Version : ESPN reporting Woodley out

Curtain_of_Steel
11-01-2011, 10:13 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7176924/lamarr-woodley-pittsburgh-steelers-reportedly-miss-baltimore-ravens-game

Who can play LB here?lol

MDSteel15
11-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Is Greg Lloyd available this weekend??? :doh:

tanda10506
11-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Wow, this is ridiculous. Farrior was a game day decision for the pats game yet he wont be back after another full week? Woodley was just saying last night that he would play. I was really looking forward to this rematch, but not so much now. Flacco is going to have a lot of time

MACH1
11-01-2011, 11:21 AM
This is gonna be a rough game.

Fire Arians
11-01-2011, 11:31 AM
shit, is worilds going to be back? we're getting to the point we just need bodies to suit up at lb

tanda10506
11-01-2011, 12:01 PM
shit, is worilds going to be back? we're getting to the point we just need bodies to suit up at lb

Exactly, we always have half the team out seems like. Always some homer saying "every team has injuries" as if there's other teams equally injured, maybe in quantity but not in quality. Show me another team that's missing 3 out of their 4 starting LB's and I will show you a team that misses the playoffs. Ben is doing good but he wont pick apart the sh#tbirds like he did the pats. This will be extremely hard to overcome.

Sixburgher
11-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Nice to see the doom and gloom crowd that predicted we'd get effortlessly rolled over by the Patriots out in full force again. Evidently nobody has taken notice of how the Ravens have been stinking it up on the offensive side of the ball lately. Zero first downs until the 3rd quarter against Jacksonville ring a bell?

tanda10506
11-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Nice to see the doom and gloom crowd that predicted we'd get rolled over by the Patriots out in full force again. Evidently nobody has taken notice of how the Ravens have been stinking it up on the offensive side of the ball lately.

Im not in the doom and gloom crowd, but you do have to be realistic. The rats have been bad the last 2 gamed, but they turned it on and came back Sunday. It's almost always a tight game, now if you take that tight game and minus Woodley, Harrison, and Farrior, what do you get? Flacco is playing terrible and even with everybody out we are still the best defense he's faced (the way we are playing now), but we are going to have to score more than we usually score against them to win.

Steelersfan87
11-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Tomlin said Worilds is scheduled for a full practice, but whether or not he practices fully is to be seen. He mentioned that they could potentially play some 4 lineman football.

theplatypus
11-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Steelers FB update

Tomlin said this about the injury situation: Legursky is out. James Harrison has been cleared to practice. Hines Ward and Jason Worilds are scheduled to practice on Wednesday. Emmanuel Sanders needs to have his left knee examined. Farrior and Woodley are wait-and-see.

SoCalFan
11-01-2011, 12:21 PM
Time of possesion,we need to control the clock! I noticed alot of visitors reading this thread,must be all the rat fans getting ready to invade!

tanda10506
11-01-2011, 12:29 PM
I noticed alot of visitors reading this thread,must be all the rat fans getting ready to invade!

They're like the ****roaches of the nfl lol. They are scared, that team is playing bad, if they play like that against us we will smash them, even with our whole pass rush out. Need a HUGE game from Hood and Keisel on D.

STEELAMANIA
11-01-2011, 12:38 PM
If Woodley doesn't play, I believe whoever steps in will still make plays. No way will Flucco have time in the pocket. Lebeau will have the defense ready regardless who subs for who.

DanRooney
11-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Should have kept Thaddeus Gibson :flap:

PhantomJB93
11-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Tomlin said Worilds is scheduled for a full practice, but whether or not he practices fully is to be seen. He mentioned that they could potentially play some 4 lineman football.

Keisel-Hampton-Hood-Heyward with a rotation of Timmons, Foote, Worilds, Sylvester, and Carter might not be too bad...could maybe get the job done if only for one game...

tanda10506
11-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Sounds good enough against most teams but I don't like it against baltimore. They may get the job done, I am not expecting the spectacular play we need, but if they pull their own weight at least we can still get the win.

Fire Arians
11-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Sounds good enough against most teams but I don't like it against baltimore. They may get the job done, I am not expecting the spectacular play we need, but if they pull their own weight at least we can still get the win.

ray rice vs the lb corps is going to be the key matchup. It is comforting that our DL is playing well though. they will be huge in taking the pressure off of our linebackers. we will need keisel, hood, and hampton to play a solid game to win this matchup.

tanda10506
11-01-2011, 02:50 PM
ray rice vs the lb corps is going to be the key matchup. It is comforting that our DL is playing well though. they will be huge in taking the pressure off of our linebackers. we will need keisel, hood, and hampton to play a solid game to win this matchup.

The d line has been playing very well and will do well against the run. The problems are the short passes to Rice and pressure on Flacco. Keisel and Hood get pressure from time to time, but the ravens aren't going to double team Worilds or Carter so Keisel will probably get that, further decreasing our rush. Most of the short passes to Rice are behind the D line and thats going to be on the LB's. Im trying not to be negative, I still think we can win, and I know this sounds like a total 180, but with the D this banged up a lot is riding on the o line. They usually blitz a lot cause of our bad o line, but the backs are picking up the blitz well and the o line is playing well. This is another game where the best defense is a good offense. Not because the rats have any kind of offense like the pats, but because of all these injuries. Need a big performance from everybody on the offense. Is Ward back?

Opt2loc
11-01-2011, 03:13 PM

If Flacco's line plays like they have been, we are toast. Last game those 7 turnovers killed you guys.

Yeah, Jags beat us and we got killed in the first half last week. If Ray Rice, O-line and turnovers by your guys align themselves Sunday, we got a great chance to win.

If you guys pass rush us to death with blitz packages and rattle Joe (because that's what happens to him) and BR exposes our secondary this will be a tough one to win.

Good luck

NEWstevo
11-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Troy Polamalu will move up to the LB position. That is where is played most of the 2nd half last week anyway.

Now he won't be a "real" LB but will help cover the position.

Rick5895
11-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Exactly, we always have half the team out seems like. Always some homer saying "every team has injuries" as if there's other teams equally injured, maybe in quantity but not in quality. Show me another team that's missing 3 out of their 4 starting LB's and I will show you a team that misses the playoffs. Ben is doing good but he wont pick apart the sh#tbirds like he did the pats. This will be extremely hard to overcome.

All teams have injuries, what separates championship teams from the also rans is how the backups play. Our backups did a great job and have done a great job, Carter was especially good since he came in on Sunday, did his job..maybe not to Woodleys standards but enough. I am getting sick of the few on here that use "homer" as a negative comment on fans who choose to see the glass half full. This Homer thinks we will be alright because our backups get coached up and play well come game day. It will hurt if Woodley can't play but IMO carter will do a good job, as will our DL and secondary. If we don't turn the damn ball over 7 times we win!!

:tt04::tt04::tt04:

Sixburgher
11-01-2011, 04:34 PM
I am getting sick of the few on here that use "homer" as a negative comment on fans who choose to see the glass half full.

I couldn't agree more. God forbid someone has a little faith. Better to be a "homer" than a whiny "chicken little", as far as I'm concerned.

OX1947
11-01-2011, 04:53 PM
The way he went down was like he got shot in the leg. I knew it wasn't minor, just happen it wasn't major. Rest him until he is 100%. Hamstrings can be a bitch.

SunshineMan21
11-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Gonna be a big load on Foote/Timmons to carry the defense, as I'm guessing Keisel will be seeing double teams every snap. Ziggy Hood may have to step up as well--he hasn't done much in the pass-rush department this year.

Fire Arians
11-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Gonna be a big load on Foote/Timmons to carry the defense, as I'm guessing Keisel will be seeing double teams every snap. Ziggy Hood may have to step up as well--he hasn't done much in the pass-rush department this year.

Ziggy hood has been solid. it isn't his job to get pressure, it's to collapse the pocket / clog running lanes and get enough attention from the opposing OL so woodley can do his thing. Ever notice Woodley's jump in sacks happened at the same time Ziggy took over for Smith? That means Ziggy's been doing his job:thumbsup:

Wallabeast17
11-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Ziggy hood has been solid. it isn't his job to get pressure, it's to collapse the pocket / clog running lanes and get enough attention from the opposing OL so woodley can do his thing. Ever notice Woodley's jump in sacks happened at the same time Ziggy took over for Smith? That means Ziggy's been doing his job:thumbsup:

I was thinking the same thing

stb_steeler
11-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Im beginning to wonder if its not a media game. Adam Sheftler said Woodley is gonna play. WTF

mizzouristeeler
11-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Lamarr was on nfl network with gerry dulac. He was jogging in place. Don't know if he's playing but it was hilarious.

DanRooney
11-01-2011, 09:27 PM

Ziggy has played absolutely amazing. I was not his biggest fan after he was drafted but I'll give credit where it's due. He has been keeping his lanes and getting push. Especially against the Patriots on Sunday.

Steelersfan87
11-01-2011, 11:33 PM
I was not his biggest fan after he was drafted

No way.

tony hipchest
11-02-2011, 03:38 PM
I couldn't agree more. God forbid someone has a little faith. Better to be a "homer" than a whiny "chicken little", as far as I'm concerned.no doubt. embrace the hate.

anyone think woodleys trademarked flying judo sidekick sack dance celebration is possibly placing undo strain on his hammy?

im one who believes shawn merrimans cracked out "lights out" spaztic gyrations helped shred every tendon in his body.

that and roids.

ebsteelers
11-02-2011, 03:41 PM
no doubt. embrace the hate.

anyone think woodleys trademarked flying judo sidekick sack dance celebration is possibly placing undo strain on his hammy?

im one who believes shawn merrimans cracked out "lights out" spaztic gyrations helped shred every tendon in his body.

that and roids.

hahahahahahaha

:tt04:

that whole post made me crack up

flying judo side kick haha