PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely brilliant using Heath so much early Sunday

LayingTheWoodley56
11-01-2011, 12:15 PM
For all the crap everyone gives Arians, he deserves all the credit in the world for the game plan Sunday. You know the Pats were geared towards stopping Wallace after all the big plays hes had this season, and Heath hasn't been overly involved. Excellent strategy going to him over and over on that first drive, NE was definitely not expecting that, it was the key to a great opening drive that really set the tone for the entire game.

tanda10506
11-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Agreed, after that drive they focused more on Heat which helped Brown and Sanders.

MasterOfPuppets
11-01-2011, 12:51 PM
brilliant ? i bet you'd have thought i was brilliant just now when i used the can opener to open up my can of chicken noodle soup .... what's that ??? thats what a can opener is for ???
nuff said...:coffee:

instead of ball washing the idiot for including his 5 million dollar TE in the game plan , ask yourself why it took him 8 weeks to remember heath is a pretty good receiver and can help this offense.

Fire Arians
11-01-2011, 12:56 PM
almost brought a tear to my eye, arians finally found out that using heath miller in the passing game could help us win.... wow!

Steeldude
11-01-2011, 01:00 PM
brilliant ? i bet you'd have thought i was brilliant just now when i used the can opener to open up my can of chicken noodle soup .... what's that ??? thats what a can opener is for ???

instead of ball washing the idiot for including his 5 million dollar TE in the game plan , ask yourself why it took him 8 weeks to remember heath is a pretty good receiver and can help this offense.

took more than 8 weeks.

this is another case when fans were right again.

Steeldude
11-01-2011, 01:01 PM
almost brought a tear to my eye, arians finally found out that using heath miller in the passing game could help us win.... wow!

do you actually think he is going to use him this sunday? :rofl:

Sixburgher
11-01-2011, 01:09 PM
For all the crap everyone gives Arians, he deserves all the credit in the world for the game plan Sunday.

Nice try, but as you can see from the other responses here, maybe a bad idea to start this thread. That's a cardinal rule of this place: no credit to Arians at anytime for anything and generally all the blame for losses.

GMU Steeler
11-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Nice try, but as you can see from the other responses here, maybe a bad idea to start this thread. That's a cardinal rule of this place: no credit to Arians at anytime for anything and generally all the blame for losses.

It's stupid. I am not even an Arians fan but sometimes the problem comes to guys flat out not executing. Arians deserves credit when he calls a good game and deserves criticism when he calls a bad one. Fair is fair as far as I am concerned.

Sixburgher
11-01-2011, 01:16 PM
It's stupid. I am not even an Arians fan but sometimes the problem comes to guys flat out not executing. Arians deserves credit when he calls a good game and deserves criticism when he calls a bad one. Fair is fair as far as I am concerned.

I'm not crazy about him either, but it does get ridiculous. How much would you like to bet had Ben gotten smashed from the blindside by an unblocked defender on a play where Miller went out for a pass, Arians would be derided as an "idiot" for not keeping Miller at home to help block?

LayingTheWoodley56
11-01-2011, 02:08 PM

easy brother, just trying to have a discussion...regardless obviously heath should have been involved more to this point. either way, no one would ever expect him to be targeted 7-8 times on the first drive, you KNOW that caught the pats off guard big time and was the keys to that first drive that set us up for the rest of the game.

we have to lay off arians a little bit. sure i hate his playcalling sometimes just as much as anyone, the constant screens drive me crazy, his penchant for throwing an incompletion on first down and then running it ineffectively on second down, etc. etc...yes he did completely blow the final drive in the super bowl last year...but he can't be doing everything wrong, he's been to two super bowls as our OC and I think that the negativity surrounding him is at least a little overdone. he probably has a better idea than all of us about the players he coaches every day

Fire Arians
11-01-2011, 02:11 PM
to be fair to arians he's been doing a better job game planning this year.

i still wish he'd use a real fullback and cut it out with the david johnson experiment though.

LVSteelersfan
11-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Sorry, Arians gets no pass from me until he uses Heath that way in EVERY SINGLE GAME. If he goes back to his old ways we will lose to the Ravens for sure. Of course, I realize that Heath has to be in to block against Suggs and Ngata but he shouldn't be totally forgotten in the passing game. Spread them out, get rid of the ball quickly and use Miller more than once or twice a game.

kirklandrules
11-01-2011, 02:43 PM
So we' have one of the deepest WR corp in team history and now we're bitching that Heath has been forgotten? Miller is awesome, but there are only so many ways to dish that ball ... oh and try to remain balanced and not forget the run. Heath will never be a Gates or Gonzalez playing in this offense. He's an excellent blocker and a good hot-read/check-down receiver. You don't need him to have 100 yard games for him to be great and for this team to win.

Saw an article where they were saying Miller was Ben's read when the middle linebackers were blitzing (and he made them pay early in the game). Kinda how that's supposed to work.

I'm not an Arians fan and have repeatedly posted about the stupidity of not having a true FB on the roster and I wasn't too happy with the last two sacks Ben took in this game (because the receivers were all going long). But he did call a good game and he put in the time and homework needed to win this game.

theplatypus
11-02-2011, 05:43 AM
Sorry, Arians gets no pass from me until he uses Heath that way in EVERY SINGLE GAME. If he goes back to his old ways we will lose to the Ravens for sure. Of course, I realize that Heath has to be in to block against Suggs and Ngata but he shouldn't be totally forgotten in the passing game. Spread them out, get rid of the ball quickly and use Miller more than once or twice a game.

And then y'all will start crying about how he's too predictable by using Miller all the time. The funniest part about it is the only game where he's had fewer than 3 receptions is in the Seattle game when he had 1. That doesn't take into account any plays where he was targeted and over or under thrown, covered, or just dropped the pass. As it stands he's on pace for his 2nd highest career total in receptions and receiving yards. Additionally you have to keep in mind there are only 50-60 offensive plays a game. They get split between 3 running backs, 4 wide receivers and 2 tight ends so it's not like there's a bottomless well to draw from.