PDA

View Full Version : Worilds,Carter and Sylvester heres your chance

tburhans
11-01-2011, 12:23 PM
With 3 linebackers out. And two of them being pro bowlers it diesnt look good going into the sunday night showdown with baltimore. Im optimistic ghat if these are the guys who start the game for us we will be ok. Sylvester played sunday and I didnt see any big mistakes by him which is a plus. Carter also played when woodley went out and he got some pressure on brady. He looks a little small but he has speed to make up for it. And worilds who I havent seen much of this year but its his second year in the system so im hoping he can make an impact if hes healthy and called upon. We need these young guys to make plays against our hated rival. So for them its their chance to show everybodu what theyve got. Like tomlin says if anybody is forced into the starting lineup the standard isnt lowered for them

Fire Arians
11-01-2011, 12:26 PM
I like the way tomlin has been handling the young players and expecting them to meet the standard, not expecting less out of them just because they are rookies or 2nd year players.

for one I hope WORILDS is ready to go. he's had his opportunity ever since harrison went down. now woodley is likely to be out this weekend, the time to make an impression is now for him.

Steeldude
11-01-2011, 01:02 PM
i am guessing worilds will play woodley's spot and carter the other

SunshineMan21
11-01-2011, 04:08 PM
So who doesn't start if we stay 3-4? Looks like Foote is certain for one ILB spot, and probably Worilds (if healthy) for an OLB spot. If they keep Timmons inside, Carter will go, but if they stay with Timmons at OLB Sylvester will start.

I wonder how they'll organize it.

ggoldman
11-01-2011, 07:34 PM
I think they go Timmons outside if both Woodley & Harrison are out, and Worilds & Carter are in. And, Worilds opposite of Timmons, with Foote and Sylvester starting

Steelersfan87
11-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Timmons will play outside until two of the three following are on the field: Harrison, Worilds, Woodley. Until then, barring yet another injury, Foote, Sylvester, and Ivy will have to handle the middle, though I expect they continue to take Sylvester off the field with a lot of dime, given the proper game situations.

ETL
11-01-2011, 11:05 PM
I think Morty Ivy was signed and wouldn't be surprised to see him playing this Sunday
(sorry, didn't fully read the previous post - my statement is redundant)

Steel_Bus_24
11-01-2011, 11:44 PM
I really worry about Worilds in run support,

Now I haven't gone an watched all of his play time, but it seemed like that whenever I looked for him he was always getting stood up on runs and was doing more dancing with his man

wera176
11-02-2011, 11:31 AM
I wonder how they'll organize it.

So do the Ravens.... :tt02:

stlrtruck
11-02-2011, 12:12 PM
Great men step up in great moments.

Well boys, this is a great moment to step up and make the rest of the NFL take note on the future of the Steelers Defense.

Opt2loc
11-02-2011, 12:19 PM
So do the Ravens.... :tt02:

You know the one thing that has really ticked me off about the Raven offense is that Cam doesn't do a lot of adjusting till the Ravens are beaten in the face by the other teams defense. One example was last week. Joe was running for his life the whole first half and we were getting killed . Finally he went to the no huddle shotgun when he had no other choice but to do that. It worked like a charm.

I think Cam is going to go with the plan that he always does with the Steelers, regardless of who is in on defense. At least for the first half. Run the crap out of Rice. Massive check downs to Rice, short slants to the possesion receivers. The only out of the ordinary thing he might do is go deep to Smith in the first drive. He's tried that a couple of times already. I'd say a good recipe for success.

ebsteelers
11-02-2011, 01:45 PM
anyone know the weather for sunday night, im sure it going to be very cold,
is it even smart for woodley to play if has a strained hamstring? i mean we need to think long term here,

was hoping harrison can go and rotate carter and wordlis out there