PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger upgraded; no damage to knees

Stlrs4Life
06-13-2006, 06:53 PM
Thought I'd post this update here instead of sifting through 600 and some posts. A moderator can delete it if he wants:

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/06164/697867-100.stm

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

By Anita Srikameswaran and Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

A doctor at Mercy Hospital today said Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been upgraded to fair condition as he recovers from yesterday's motorcycle crash.

In addition, sources told the Post-Gazette today that Roethlisberger should be ready to play the season opener Sept. 7 against the Miami Dolphins.

Dr. Larry Jones, in a late afternoon briefing at Mercy, said the quarterback could be released in three to five days. His vital signs are stable and a brain scan shows normal functioning.

Jones said Roethlisberger suffered the following injuries when his motorcyle collided with a car on second avenue near the 10th Street Bridge yesterday morning:

Broken upper and lower jaw;

Mild concussion;

Fractured nose;

Multiple head cuts and bumps and bruises;

Two lost teeth;

Several other chipped teeth.

Jones said there is no evidence of any major structural damage to the quarterback's knees, which contradicts some news reports.

Roethlisberger has been moved out of the recovery room and is spending time with friends and family. He is in fair condition, which is an improvement over the serious but stable condition of yesterday and earlier today. He underwent seven hours of surgery yesterday to repair his facial bone breaks.

Jones would not take questions from reporters, at the family's request.

One source said that the surgery on Roethlisberger's face took so long in order to assist in a faster recovery time.

Roethlisberger also should be ready to participate in training camp, although he may not play in the first preseason game Aug. 12 in Arizona.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More details in tomorrow's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Ohio Steeler
06-13-2006, 06:54 PM
this is very good news

hardwork
06-13-2006, 06:58 PM
Looks good.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-13-2006, 07:04 PM
Wow,this is awesome news.

Koopa
06-13-2006, 07:14 PM
great news, i hope he leaves his teeth the way they are now lol

tony hipchest
06-13-2006, 07:42 PM

yeah, ben either needs to go toothless like lambert or get gold implants with the diamonds in them

anotherbroncosfan
06-13-2006, 07:43 PM
Yay! What a relief!

Koopa
06-13-2006, 07:47 PM
yeah, ben either needs to go toothless like lambert or get gold implants with the diamonds in them

he should call paul wall to hook him up with a badass grill. do it texas style

StillerPaul
06-13-2006, 07:54 PM
Yay! What a relief!

You can say that again. I just recently started breathing normal again. lol

Black@Gold Forever32
06-13-2006, 07:57 PM

I'm sure CJ can hook him up with some.

desertsteel
06-13-2006, 08:12 PM
Thought I'd post this update here instead of sifting through 600 and some posts. A moderator can delete it if he wants:

I'm relatively new to posting on this board - although I'm experienced on others. It seems to be the preference of posters on this board to sift through the 600 posts as opposed to starting a new one as necessary. I prefer the former, but hey, when in Rome do as the Romans...

Haiku_Dirtt
06-13-2006, 08:34 PM

Me too.

hardwork
06-13-2006, 09:30 PM

I think he should go with the Lambert look. I mean you can't even get that at a hockey game any more.

tony hipchest
06-13-2006, 09:51 PM
I think he should go with the Lambert look. I mean you can't even get that at a hockey game any more. i hear you. it would be a fitting tribute and i'd much prefer the old school (lambert) over the new school (e. james/c. johnson)

blackngoldbaby
06-13-2006, 10:15 PM
WOW!!!! THAT IS SUCH GREAT NEWS!!!THANKS 4 POSTING THAT Stlrs4life that makes me feel so much better.

blackngoldbaby
06-13-2006, 10:17 PM
WOW!!!! THAT IS SUCH GREAT NEWS!!!THANKS 4 POSTING THAT Stlrs4life that makes me feel so much better.:smile: