PDA

View Full Version : NY Times - Steelers Extended Family Feels Hurt

Atlanta Dan
06-13-2006, 09:14 PM
Insightful NY Times article on how the mixed reactions of concern about Ben's condition and disappointment as to how Ben could have avoided this reflect the tight bond by Steelers fans to their team.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/14/sports/football/14steelers.html

Money quote - It is a large family and an exceptionally close one. Which is why the response to Roethlisberger's recovery has been millions of get-well wishes and an untold number of how-could-you whispers.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-13-2006, 09:23 PM
That article is exactly how I feel about the whole thing. Yea I was concerned about Ben's health and well being. But at the sametime I was like how can you do that when the Rooney family has invested so much in you. But the accident is over with. Ben is alive and will be back. If he has alitte set back along the way. So be it. But I will have my terrible towel in hand waiting for the return of Big Ben.

Ben is still the man I just hope he ends his motorcycle riding days.

BlacknGold Bleeder's Sis
06-13-2006, 09:52 PM
Neat article...........just another time that the world recognizes the Steeler Nation for the strength in its connections. Ben has tons of people praying for his recovery - not just so he can play football again but to see him totally healthy again!!!!!!

Haiku_Dirtt
06-13-2006, 10:40 PM
Ever since the Chicago game last year we've witnessed a number of fascinating 'occurrences' surrounding the Steelers.

Ben's response to the accident may be the biggest one second only to the Jerome fumble at Indy - pigskin hitting the turf was never that loud. Troy's non-pick comes to mind.

If he starts against Miami and begins where he left off, then maybe we'll look back on this favorably.

But unfortunately the 'thing is'. When you fall off a bike and you're a competitor the very first thing you want to do is get right back on it.