PDA

View Full Version : Rats DB L. Webb says A. Brown better than Mike Wallace

tony hipchest
11-02-2011, 02:25 PM
"...in every aspect of the game".

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-webb-says-abrown-is-better-receiver-than-wallace-20111102,0,3289154.story

WOW! Jamal Lewis must still be supplying his old team(mates) with "suppliments".

Every time somebody asks me, they’re always talking about Mike Wallace,” Webb said. “But they have a guy in No. 84, Antonio Brown, who’s better than [No.] 17 in all aspects of the game. A great returner, a great wide receiver. They have a great corps with [No.] 88 [Emmanuel Sanders]. They’re actually a better team with 88 and not Hines Ward.

thats funny because theyre actually a worse team w/o d. mason.

ebsteelers
11-02-2011, 02:35 PM
lol well considering wallace doesnt return kicks for us.

who cares we got both of them... and sanders, and ward..

and webb you couldnt cover flies on shyt.

smoke em first play ... 4 verticals..

make sure webb is on wallace, and when wallace scores

HEY WEBB TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTE"

stlrtruck
11-02-2011, 02:36 PM
lol well considering wallace doesnt return kicks for us.

who cares we got both of them... and sanders, and ward..

and webb you couldnt cover flies on shyt.

smoke em first play ... 4 verticals..

make sure webb is on wallace, and when wallace scores

HEY WEBB TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTE"

With Heath Miller on the underneath!

Fire Arians
11-02-2011, 02:50 PM
i wouldn't go that far, but I'll say antonio brown has a more complete skillset, being a dangerous KR and PR.

and I do think that AB is quicker than wallace. wallace is faster in a straight line, but AB is more likely to make people miss. he does have potential to be better than wallace.

I really don't think E88 is better than ward right now, but that extra speed with sanders on the field is probably scarier for a d-coordinator. hines is still the guy i want inside the 20 though. that experience in reading zone coverages and picking up hot reads is something that only can be learned over time, and sanders doesnt quite have that yet.

StainlessStill
11-02-2011, 03:00 PM
I'm all for in-house competition! This is great news and feedback coming from a rivals CB. When you're saying that our #3 receiver is better than our #1 receiver then by all means, that's an absolute SENSATIONAL problem to have! We'll take it!:tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04:

tony hipchest
11-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Ken_Laird Ken Laird
#steelers WR Mike Wallace responding to #ravens DB Lardarius Webb saying Antonio Brown is a better WR: "Who is that guy?"

Ken_Laird Ken Laird
Wallace:"That guy doesn’t really matter to me, man. Who is that guy? I heard of him but at the end of the day, he can’t check me"

Ken_Laird Ken Laird
Wallace on Webb's quote: "That’s got to be somebody who really matters to motivate me, he really don’t matter." #steelers

lmao... so true.

stlrtruck
11-02-2011, 03:24 PM
We just need to make sure that Wallace doesn't motivate someone else.

Simmer down, play football...and burn 'em Wallace.

Fire Arians
11-02-2011, 03:26 PM
We just need to make sure that Wallace doesn't motivate someone else.

Simmer down, play football...and burn 'em Wallace.

either that or hope antonio brown doesn't take it the wrong way and think he's also disrespecting AB

Steelersfan87
11-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Keep in mind Webb is the guy that let Brown run past him like it was a jog in the park in the playoffs last year. He's just saving face because he let a rookie with like 12 career catches defeat him and his team single-handedly last year.

DanRooney
11-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Webb also thinks that the Steelers are more dangerous with Hines Ward out of the lineup.

One thing I agree with him on.

stlrtruck
11-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Webb also thinks that the Steelers are more dangerous with Hines Ward out of the lineup.

One thing I agree with him on.

Obviously Webb has never been hit by Hines Ward.

OldSchoolfootballfan
11-02-2011, 05:19 PM
Ken_Laird Ken Laird
#steelers WR Mike Wallace responding to #ravens DB Lardarius Webb saying Antonio Brown is a better WR: "Who is that guy?"

Ken_Laird Ken Laird
Wallace:"That guy doesnít really matter to me, man. Who is that guy? I heard of him but at the end of the day, he canít check me"

Ken_Laird Ken Laird
Wallace on Webb's quote: "Thatís got to be somebody who really matters to motivate me, he really donít matter." #steelers

lmao... so true.

Maybe Webb isnt shutdown material, but everytime I have seen the steelers play teh ravens, the ravens like to putt Webb on Wallace. Wallace has not had a catch of over 25 yards, and most of his yards last game was in garbage time. I would think this guy may be more credible than some of you guys give him credit for.

GMU Steeler
11-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Maybe Webb isnt shutdown material, but everytime I have seen the steelers play teh ravens, the ravens like to putt Webb on Wallace. Wallace has not had a catch of over 25 yards, and most of his yards last game was in garbage time. I would think this guy may be more credible than some of you guys give him credit for.
Webb was talking about Wallace's overall game though it seems. And Wallace is better than Brown right now. Not that I entirely disagree with some of Webb's comments on Brown. Brown is a solid return man and is emerging as a very good young WR who is looking like a steal where we got him in the draft.

ETL
11-02-2011, 06:32 PM
I thought I read on a national website that Wallace may be a better offensive weapon than Calvin Johnson ... so via transitive property ... does Webb think that Antonio Brown is better than Calvin Johnson.?

Maybe one of the reasons why Brown is so open underneath is because Wallace is blowing up the top.

If you told me I could keep only one WR: Wallace or Brown - no brainer - Wallace all the way.

SteelCityMom
11-02-2011, 06:47 PM

Haha, what? I'm not sure if you meant just against the Ravens, or in general...but in both cases you are wrong.

Wallaces' "worst" receiving game was actually last week against the Pats in which he only had 70 yards and the longest was a 16 yd. reception. Every other game his longest receptions are over 25 yards. He's got 11 receptions over 20 yards 6 over 40.

Steelersfan87
11-02-2011, 06:49 PM
The amazing thing is that the Steelers never even considered trying Wallace in the return game. I don't believe he was ever back for a kick, even in preseason. In training camp, his rookie year? Maybe, but I don't recall reading anything. It was something that I constantly wondered about his rookie year. Obviously the combination now of his offensive value and Brown's performance in the return game renders it moot, but Wallace was a dangerous return man in high school and college as well.

OX1947
11-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Wallace is a stud, Brown and Sanders are studs. If the Steelers win the Super Bow, Hines Ward is going to retire for sure this year. Even had they won last year, he would have come back to get 1000 catches and 12,000 yards. So I hope this time around, we can win it and have him retire with all the milestones and have him immediately be a coach with the team.

Bayz101
11-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Antonio Brown impresses me more than anyone on the field each and every game day. He's strong, talented, smart, fast and consistent. He steps it up every week, and lately he's been getting better and better. He reminds me a lot of Santonio Holmes actually. I think by the end of this season, this kid will have made a name for himself on this football team. Hopefully we can sign these young WR's. We'd be unstoppable in the future.

DanRooney
11-02-2011, 08:22 PM
"Brown should be the #2 receiver opposite Wallace." - anonymous, 3 months ago

:popcorn:

Bayz101
11-02-2011, 08:25 PM
The amazing thing is that the Steelers never even considered trying Wallace in the return game. I don't believe he was ever back for a kick, even in preseason. In training camp, his rookie year? Maybe, but I don't recall reading anything. It was something that I constantly wondered about his rookie year. Obviously the combination now of his offensive value and Brown's performance in the return game renders it moot, but Wallace was a dangerous return man in high school and college as well.

They usually let the stocky, short guys return kicks. Wallace is short and slender. Brown is a little shorter, and a little stronger. As a returner, you have a lot of people coming at you at full speed trying to take you down, and at the same time, your running right at them.

The Steelers probably don't want to risk putting one of their offenses biggest threats in that kind of situation.

DanRooney
11-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Wallace was on the return team his rookie year I believe

DanRooney
11-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Yep just looked it up. 1 kick return for 26 yards lol.

ZoneBlitzer
11-03-2011, 03:25 AM
AB is considerably a better receive than Wallace. Wallace is an awkward runner. He has an unusual gait when starting out. He's not very fluid with his motion. His obvious unmatched strength is in the straight away but when compared to the body control that AB has, he's no match. AB is more fluid and natural in his movement. He is far more elusive and beat a guy one on one from a standing start. Wallace, though improving, doesn't really have the same skillset as AB. If I were forced to pick one receiver, I would choose AB over Wallace in an instant.

DanRooney
11-03-2011, 03:55 AM
This is hilarious.

First Mike Wallace is a one trick pony and not better than Hines. Then Mike Wallace was better than Calvin Johnson. Now Antonio Brown is better than Mike Wallace.

Wallace is a top 5 receiver in this league. He's not better than Calvin, AJ, or Fitzgerald but I'd take him anywhere after that. Antonio Brown is a great young receiver who has a lot of confidence and potential. Nothing more right now. He's not better than Mike Wallace whatsoever. Definite #2 material with a ton of upside. Hines Ward is a borderline #3 or definite #4 receiver on this team.

ebsteelers
11-03-2011, 07:49 AM
how nice is it seeing brown returning kicks, an actually kick return for years we had slow fullbacks back there,

remember wasnt it in the super bowl gary davis, or gary russell, back there, goodness just put the ball on the 20 yard line with them

ebsteelers
11-03-2011, 07:50 AM
I thought I read on a national website that Wallace may be a better offensive weapon than Calvin Johnson ... so via transitive property ... does Webb think that Antonio Brown is better than Calvin Johnson.?

Maybe one of the reasons why Brown is so open underneath is because Wallace is blowing up the top.

If you told me I could keep only one WR: Wallace or Brown - no brainer - Wallace all the way.

yea a few weeks ago i posted a link from espn, about it.

it was all like random stats based... but somehow proved wallace is better than johnson as a deep threat,

:tt:

GMU Steeler
11-03-2011, 09:54 AM
how nice is it seeing brown returning kicks, an actually kick return for years we had slow fullbacks back there,

remember wasnt it in the super bowl gary davis, or gary russell, back there, goodness just put the ball on the 20 yard line with them

Cary Davis, Gary Russell, Najeh Davenport, and a host of other mediocre return guys. Brown's good but he's not at Wallace's level yet as a receiver. I'm happy to have both of them of course as well as Sanders. We really turned what could have been a WR depth problem after Santonio was traded in to a WR surplus.

ebsteelers
11-03-2011, 11:12 AM
Cary Davis, Gary Russell, Najeh Davenport, and a host of other mediocre return guys. Brown's good but he's not at Wallace's level yet as a receiver. I'm happy to have both of them of course as well as Sanders. We really turned what could have been a WR depth problem after Santonio was traded in to a WR surplus.

yeah those guys

i agree 100% with everything said