PDA

View Full Version : Which Ratbird would you most like to see A bounty placed on?

tony hipchest
11-02-2011, 06:17 PM
while its never fun to root for somebody to be hurt, there are just so many options.

from suggs admitting they do the same, to halatosis ngata breaking bens nose, to the chop blocks to ray lewis the knife, the choices seem endless...

MACH1
11-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Do I have to pick just one?

stb_steeler
11-02-2011, 06:23 PM
To bad Whoshamamma isnt still there, hes still a rat bastard to me!

Buddha Bus
11-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Since Joe Flacco's unibrow wasn't a choice, I went with Suggs. He's the one with the biggest mouth (literally) and offing him would definitely pretty-up the human gene pool.... although I'm not entirely convinced Suggs is a human. I think someone shaved a sasquatch that had an unfortunate run-in with a farming combine to the face.

RatbirdExtreme
11-02-2011, 09:46 PM
We love Sugg's outspoken confidence, mouthiness, and play like, Oh I dont know, maybe like you guys love Hines Ward for the same reason?

And rooting for an injury is flat out wrong.

mizzouristeeler
11-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Didnt the ravens say they had bounties on steelers players? No,no,no they wouldn't do something like that.

GMU Steeler
11-02-2011, 09:56 PM
Didnt the ravens say they had bounties on steelers players? No,no,no they wouldn't do something like that.

I remember it being said in 2008 on Hines and or Mendenhall. I actually don't mind Suggs as much as some. Got a laugh when he called Brady an asshole for example and appreciated him acknowledging that Ben isn't a sissy QB like Brady and some others aer. Now Ray Lewis on the other hand annoys me. Not like I don't respect or realize his talent but the God's linebacker stuff just rubs me the wrong way.

Fire Arians
11-02-2011, 09:58 PM
suggs and O.J. Lewis. but since i have to choose 1 I'll choose suggs

Rick5895
11-03-2011, 06:23 AM
With all due respect to Lewis, Reed and Suggs who are still great players, if Ngata is removed from that defense they would not be close to what they are. Ngata makes the defense go, takes double and sometimes triple teams (and that sometimes doesnt stop him)
If bounties were put on just 1 guy, mine would be Ngata

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
11-03-2011, 06:46 AM
Is it me are do i feel another Hines Ward hit coming this sunday? remember Ed Reed? Suggs watch out.

Opt2loc
11-03-2011, 06:53 AM
This thread is just wrong on so many levels.

Buddha Bus
11-03-2011, 07:06 AM
We love Sugg's outspoken confidence, mouthiness, and play like, Oh I dont know, maybe like you guys love Hines Ward for the same reason?

And rooting for an injury is flat out wrong.

This thread is just wrong on so many levels.

But I guess it was OK for the Ravens to put an actual bounty on Steeler players, huh? This is just a hypothetical joke. What those jackasses did was real. That's what is truly wrong and sick.

You silly Ravens fans and your double standards. :chuckle:

Opt2loc
11-03-2011, 07:08 AM
But I guess it was OK for the Ravens to put an actual bounty on Steeler players, huh? This is just a hypothetical joke. What those jackasses did was real. That's what is truly wrong and sick.

You can try and justify it anyway you want if it makes you feel better.

Opt2loc
11-03-2011, 07:13 AM

You silly Ravens fans and your double standards. :chuckle:

The bounty was between the players, this thread is between the fans.
Are you so caught up in yourself that you think you are on the team in some sick stalker kind of way De Niro?

Buddha Bus
11-03-2011, 07:22 AM
The bounty was between the players, this thread is between the fans.
Are you so caught up in yourself that you think you are on the team in some sick stalker kind of way De Niro?

Uh, no Einstein. I just found the thread humorous and threw in my 2 cents.

Are you so caught up in yourself that you feel you can be the moral police on an opposing team's fan message board?

I find it quite disturbing that you seem to defend the REAL actions of a band of thugs like the Ravens placing REAL bounties on players who could ACTUALLY be harmed in the process, but take offense to a bunch of fans goofing around on a message board that won't amount to anything more than cartoonish threats of violence.

You're a real piece of work, buddy. :sofunny:

Opt2loc
11-03-2011, 07:38 AM
Uh, no Einstein. I just found the thread humorous and threw in my 2 cents.

Are you so caught up in yourself that you feel you can be the moral police on an opposing team's fan message board?

I find it quite disturbing that you seem to defend the REAL actions of a band of thugs like the Ravens placing REAL bounties on players who could ACTUALLY be harmed in the process, but take offense to a bunch of fans goofing around on a message board that won't amount to anything more than cartoonish threats of violence.

First of all Einstien I never defended putting a bounty on players. Secondly, I saw this thread and threw in my two cents. Who are you to judge someone's opinion anyway Einstien. If you want throw in your 2 cents on what Raven like to see get hurt go ahead. Doesn't mean I can't disagree, joke or not.

You trying to justify by saying, "The Ravens did it first and that was real." is just a sorry excuse.

BIGNASTY91
11-03-2011, 07:43 AM
Who are you to judge someone's opinion anyway Einstien. :

Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black there buddy!!! :wave:

ebsteelers
11-03-2011, 07:44 AM
i said ngata, but if rice was gone or suggs or lewis

sorry too many damn options...

flacco stinks so let him stay

Buddha Bus
11-03-2011, 07:52 AM
First of all Einstien I never defended putting a bounty on players. Secondly, I saw this thread and threw in my two cents. Who are you to judge someone's opinion anyway Einstien. If you want throw in your 2 cents on what Raven like to see get hurt go ahead. Doesn't mean I can't disagree, joke or not.

You trying to justify by saying, "The Ravens did it first and that was real." is just a sorry excuse.

First of all, it's Einstein. I guess I had you pegged wrong from the start. :sofunny:

And second, yes, you did defend the Ravens putting bounties on players by saying "that's between the players". Where's your moral outrage there?

I think it's awfully funny that you say "who am I to judge (your) opinion" immediately after you came in and judged everyone else's. That's pretty rich. I see the Maryland Public School system hasn't improved on the reading comprehension skills of it's citizens.

I'm not making excuses for anything, least of all to you. I'm just pointing out your total hypocrisy by criticizing us for a joke when your players have done the REAL THING and you don't want to criticize that by taking the lame stance of "it's between the players". That's my opinion.

This little back-and-forth has been real fun for me, but I have to go and get ready to leave for Pittsburgh. I'm going to the game to watch the Steelers carry out my bounty on Suggs because I have that kind of pull. :wink02:

Feel free to respond to my post using the same words as me again. Just try to pay a little closer attention to spelling when copying them. :rofl:

Opt2loc
11-03-2011, 07:56 AM
Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black there buddy!!! :wave:

There is a difference between having an opinion on an issue and putting a bounty on a player to be injured. The bounty is not an opinion, it is the issue.:wink02:

Opt2loc
11-03-2011, 08:04 AM
First of all, it's Einstein. I guess I had you pegged wrong from the start. :sofunny:

And second, yes, you did defend the Ravens putting bounties on players by saying "that's between the players". Where's your moral outrage there?

I think it's awfully funny that you say "who am I to judge (your) opinion" immediately after you came in and judged everyone else's. That's pretty rich. I see the Maryland Public School system hasn't improved on the reading comprehension skills of it's citizens.

I'm not making excuses for anything, least of all to you. I'm just pointing out your total hypocrisy by criticizing us for a joke when your players have done the REAL THING and you don't want to criticize that by taking the lame stance of "it's between the players". That's my opinion.

This little back-and-forth has been real fun for me, but I have to go and get ready to leave for Pittsburgh. I'm going to the game to watch the Steelers carry out my bounty on Suggs because I have that kind of pull. :wink02:

Feel free to respond to my post using the same words as me again. Just try to pay a little closer attention to spelling when copying them. :rofl:

I've met some smart and witty Squeeler fans in my time but you sure are not one of them. I'm still laughing at your hypocritical dribble.:rofl: Now I have to be done with you because you offer nothing.:wink02:

SteelCityMom
11-03-2011, 08:10 AM
There is a difference between having an opinion on an issue and putting a bounty on a player to be injured. The bounty is not an opinion, it is the issue.:wink02:

Trust me, no Steelers fans (or I guess I should say most, there's sickos everywhere) actually want to see anyone on either team seriously injured.

This is an obvious joke specifically mocking Suggs bounty call on Ward a few years back.

I get that a Ravens fan wouldn't find it amusing, since it is joking about Ravens players having bounties put on them...but nobody here is actually calling for bounties.

If you want to play the moral police, I suggest you turn that attention on the team you root for. As has already been pointed out, they're the ones who do it for real.

BIGNASTY91
11-03-2011, 08:11 AM

Well since the bounty is "THE ISSUE" here, then how can you even begin to defend the bounty (or as you call it "the issue") that was real that the Ratbirds had on the Steelers players, but get all bent out of shape over a silly poll on an opposing teams message board that doesnt mean anything???? :hunch:

steelerchad
11-03-2011, 09:00 AM
I went with Lewis. Not saying I want an injury, but watching Hines catch him blind side shoulder on a crack back with the first thing hitting the ground being his shoulder blades would make me smile. Ala Ed Reed twice, Bart Scott, Keith Rivers, etc.

Ngata and Ed Reed I don't mind at all. Those guys seem like clean, straight up good ball players. Poor Ed's been knocked on his ass plenty against us though. Besides Hines couple of shots, I know Harrison crunched him a good one too.

FanSince72
11-03-2011, 09:06 AM
I don't root for injuries.

No matter how worked up we all get over this rivalry, this is still just a game.

Now if Polamalu wants to jump towards the line faking a blitz and cause a procedure penalty like he did last week, I'm fine with that. Gamesmanship is all part of the fun and the "made you blink" move is part of that and while it may embarrass someone, no one gets hurt.

But bounties?

No.

vasteeler
11-03-2011, 10:53 AM
there should be an all of the above option

mizzouristeeler
11-03-2011, 11:04 AM
Can I choose roethlisberger hitting harbaugh in the face with a stray ball?

stlrtruck
11-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Can I choose roethlisberger hitting harbaugh in the face with a stray ball?

Sort of like the mascot in 'Varsity Blues'

I like it :applaudit: :hatsoff:

Sizzle
11-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Y'all better hope Hines can get past JJ this time =D.

Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjgwfAHyB8M&feature=related)

stb_steeler
11-03-2011, 02:27 PM

i dont think Hines is worried about that.....

SteelCityMom
11-03-2011, 02:33 PM

That was a nice hit! And that's what LBs are supposed to do...so I've got no issue with it.

It's just funnier when a WR takes out a DBs though. :chuckle:

ILLRYuxoaKM

dt7XX-Kwx64

I'm fine with him getting hit though...no shame in that, it's football after all. :thumbsup:

stb_steeler
11-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Hines dont care either, what they really hate is when he gets up smiling after being hit.
http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu141/niffynoodles/HInes%20Ward/Hines_ward.jpg

Sizzle
11-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Hines dont care either, what they really hate is when he gets up smiling after being hit.
http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu141/niffynoodles/HInes%20Ward/Hines_ward.jpg

As a die hard Ravens fan, can't tell you how much I hate that smile lol

stb_steeler
11-03-2011, 03:15 PM

Im sure you do.....Most opponents do!

tony hipchest
11-03-2011, 03:52 PM
i shoulda been a bit more clear with the poll question in the OP-

not that we want a bounty placed on anyone but if the steelers were LOW, DIRTY, and CHEAP enough to actually place one on a ratbird player, who would people prefer it to be?

there... thats better.

Ricco Suavez
11-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Raven Fans are biggest hypocrites ever. Members of their team actually play with bounties on the Steelers and can take the field and act on same, yet if we as fans play a "what if" scenario we have taken it too far. BTW been reading some on their forums and they were hoping Ike had a concussion Sunday that would prevent him from playing this week. Hell we already got 75% of our LBers out what more do they want.

SteeleReign
11-03-2011, 06:12 PM
Since Joe Flacco's unibrow wasn't a choice, I went with Suggs. He's the one with the biggest mouth (literally) and offing him would definitely pretty-up the human gene pool.... although I'm not entirely convinced Suggs is a human. I think someone shaved a sasquatch that had an unfortunate run-in with a farming combine to the face.

Stop you're killin' me!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

ebsteelers
11-04-2011, 10:05 AM

you picture in your signature is kind of fruity dont you think?:rofl:

Buddha Bus
11-04-2011, 10:11 AM
I've met some smart and witty Squeeler fans in my time but you sure are not one of them. I'm still laughing at your hypocritical dribble.:rofl: Now I have to be done with you because you offer nothing.:wink02:

Oh no! Now how will I be able to sleep this weekend! :jerkit:

And you are no George Carlin either, moron. :sofunny:

steelfury02
11-04-2011, 09:17 PM
I'd like their to be a bounty put on Harbaugh's inevitable post-loss press conference excuses that will ultimately include the line

"They didn't beat us - we lost the game - we beat ourselves."

desertsteel
11-06-2011, 08:45 AM
Always the QB! Always.