PDA

View Full Version : Suggs turns up the volume on Steelers

mesaSteeler
11-03-2011, 12:00 AM
Suggs turns up the volume on Steelers
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-suggs-unplugged-20111102,0,4112739.story
Subbs on owning Roethlisberger: "Nobody can do it better than me."

By Jeff Zrebiec

1:39 p.m. EDT, November 2, 2011
Terrell Suggs' interviews before Ravens-Pittsburgh Steelers games have always been worth a listen, and the colorful linebacker certainly didn't disappoint today.

Suggs didn't back off from his statement after Week One that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's [butt] belongs to him. He also pleaded for Pittsburgh wide receiver Hines Ward to play, and called his own team "the enemy of the state."

"We have been declared war upon. We are the enemy of the state," Suggs said. "[Heinz Field] is my Madison Square Garden. I love playing in this stadium, I love the way the people treat me, the welcoming they give me with the No. 1’s. I love it. We’re going on the road in probably the toughest stadium to play in the NFL. We’re expecting a physical football game. This is football. I’m guaranteeing the NFL, the world will stop for this game, and everybody wants to see it. We will be ready.

Get the Baltimore Football app for iPhone and Android

"Like I said, there is the Super Bowl and then there is Ravens-Steelers. Everybody will be watching this game."

Suggs has sacked Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger 15 1/2 times, more than any other defender in the NFL. Suggs also sacked him three times in the Ravens' 35-7 Week One win over Pittsburgh.

"You all know the numbers. There is nobody who can do it better than me," Suggs said. "It’s going to be fun. I’m pretty sure that they’ll have something in store to make sure I don’t have a day, but like I said, I love being the bad guy. Whatever they’re going to do, we’re going to act accordingly."

Suggs then looked into the camera and begged Ward to play Sunday. Ward missed the Steelers' victory over the New England with an ankle injury.

"I’m looking right at you 86. I need you to play," Suggs said. "Please put on that 86, that smile and all the things you do. We need all that for this this game.’

Asked if he expects the Steelers to be motivated by the Week One loss, Suggs said, "We think their piss is going to be a little hot. They’re definitely going to have some ‘Let’s get after them’ to their game. But in hindsight, who knocked us out of the playoffs last year? IN 2008, a certain team beat us to go to the Super Bowl, and danced all over the field, held up the AFC Championship trophy. We had to sit by and watch that. There’s a little salt in the wound on both sides.

"Ray Rice said, 'We don’t have to see them again [after Sunday].' I disagree. We’re definitely going to have to see those guys again, but every team has that. Peyton Manning had to go through New England. [Lebron] James has to go through Boston. [Michael] Jordan had to go through the Pistons. We’re definitely going to have to see them again especially to achieve what we want to achieve."

Opt2loc
11-03-2011, 07:51 AM
If that doesn't show how much this game means to them, I don't know what does.

Suggs is the man!!!

stlrtruck
11-03-2011, 08:21 AM

Suggs is the man!!!

He might be the man in b-more, but seems like every time he starts running his lips it doesn't bode well for the ratbirds when the 4th quarter ends.

Buddha Bus
11-03-2011, 08:24 AM
Suggs is the Epiladied sasquatch!!!

Fixed. :thumbsup:

finesward
11-03-2011, 08:29 AM
If that doesn't show how much Hines Ward is in their heads I don't know what does...

Keep looking for 86 while 88, 17, and 84 are running past you.

Opt2loc
11-03-2011, 08:42 AM
Fixed. :thumbsup:

You should be!!!:rofl:

Sorry but you left yourself wide open for that one.

SteelCityMom
11-03-2011, 09:01 AM

Suggs is the man!!!

I'm not sure what it proves...Suggs has always run his mouth. He's the Ravens Joey Porter lol.

This game has a ton of meaning to both teams, not just the Ravens. You could really say that about any of their matchups in the past 3-4 years though.

And hey, isn't Suggs that totally classy guy that put the bounty on Ward. :wink02: