PDA

View Full Version : SI.com NFL Midseason Report - Steelers Not Dead Yet

Atlanta Dan
11-03-2011, 12:28 PM
This nugget from Don Banks mid-season NFL report

THE HOW CAN WE MISS YOU IF YOU WON'T LEAVE AWARD -- To those old and slow Pittsburgh Steelers: Okay, so we might have over-reacted in the wake of that 35-7 season-opening defeat at Baltimore, but in fairness, I think Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin's reaction was pretty forceful, too. Pittsburgh got to read its own obituaries, then went back to work and proceeded to win six of its next seven games, taking over first place in the AFC North and the conference's top seed with last Sunday's 25-17 defeat of New England at Heinz Field. One of these days, reports of the Steelers' demise are bound to be accurate.:chuckle:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/11/03/midseason.report/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a2

tanda10506
11-03-2011, 01:12 PM
If I want to know about what players do off the field, like what kind of bicycle Phiilip Rivers rides, then I will read SI. Doesn't matter to me if it's for us or against us, I don't even read their stuff.

ricardisimo
11-03-2011, 01:58 PM
If I want to know about what players do off the field, like what kind of bicycle Phiilip Rivers rides, then I will read SI. Doesn't matter to me if it's for us or against us, I don't even read their stuff.

They have good writers, Banks being one of them. Don't get snotty about where people read their sports journalism. It's sports. When you want to talk about real news sources on real topics, send me a PM.

ebsteelers
11-03-2011, 02:17 PM

dont read it then, pretty simple

Atlanta Dan
11-03-2011, 02:29 PM

You don't read SI but you know what is written in SI?

Do you have psychic powers?:noidea:

mesaSteeler
11-03-2011, 07:00 PM
Thanks for posting it.

tanda10506
11-03-2011, 08:42 PM
They have good writers, Banks being one of them. Don't get snotty about where people read their sports journalism. It's sports.

I could give a f#ck less about what you read. I've read SI before and have not seen one thing they have "predicted", like us being done this year, to be true. Read whatever you want, I'm not holding you back, stated my opinion on them just like you do with many other topics, if you happen to disagree with it oh well.

dont read it then, pretty simple

I have before and I don't now, simple enough?

You don't read SI but you know what is written in SI?

Do you have psychic powers?:noidea:

Maybe you should do some stand up, maybe at an improv or something? Give Dane Cook and Lewis Black a run for their money with stellar comedy like that :wave: