PDA

View Full Version : best running back!!??

steelerfan12
06-14-2006, 04:39 AM
who is the best NFL runningback now!

Lyn
06-14-2006, 06:22 AM
it takes time to be the best, Parker has not had enough experience (kinda like the King James thing)

boLT fan
06-14-2006, 04:04 PM
It's probably no suprise who I chose.

Shaun Alexander is way overrated if you're looking at how each of these RB's run. Alexander only got all those yards becuase his offensive line, when he gets hit even the slightest bit he goes down. I REALLY like Larry Johnson, but a lot of that was his line making it easy for him. But with him at least he can run over tacklers or stay on his feet. And or course, LT. I mean c'mon, how is he not the best? In his first 5 years he has more rushing yards than ANYONE. Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Jerome Bettis, he beat 'em all. If he gets a capable O-line he'll get 2000.

steelerfan12
06-15-2006, 09:48 PM
it takes time to be the best, Parker has not had enough experience (kinda like the King James thing)
ya i agree but i just thru him in there cuz i like him. i do think in a couple of years he will be worthy of this poll!

Black@Gold Forever32
06-15-2006, 09:58 PM
Well this is a very simple to answer. LaDanian Tomlison without a doubt. He is the best player in the NFL to me. I have followed L.T. since his TCU days. I still root for the guy of course when he faces the Steelers I hope he doesn't gain a single yard.

I would put Shaun Alexander number 2. Ok so he has had a great Oline. Look at Shaun's production. He is special. Larry Johnson has to have a few more years of playing before being mentioned among the best. Tiki Barber has really turned it on late in his career. He has had some great years the last few years.

Cory Dillon is close to being done. Willis Mcgahee is very talented to bad there isn't much of a passing game to help him out. His career could be like O.J.'s Bills career. Carrying the Bills year after year. Warrick Dunn has been a good runningback but he is winding down also. Rudi Johnson is a very underrated RB. I know he is a Bengal but he is a very good RB that never gets talked about. Finally Fast Willie Parker. Had a very good year last year as a firstime starter. Willie has alot of upside lets just hope he builds off his solid year last year.

tony hipchest
06-15-2006, 10:40 PM
it takes time to be the best, Parker has not had enough experience (kinda like the King James thing)king james has never came through in the big game (willie parker has)

this poll is flawed without e. james. especially with someone like w. mcgahee listed (just cause he says hes the best doesnt mean hes even worth top 10 consideration)

l. tomlinson. why?

emmitt smiths line and team made him better whereas lt has made his line (and whole team) better.

this is a 3 man race discussion. throw the bottom 7 out the window and add e. james.

3 to be 4
06-15-2006, 10:46 PM
yeah, now that Bettis has retired.

BlacknGold Bleeder
06-15-2006, 10:50 PM
without Edge is does lack some credibility

tony hipchest
06-15-2006, 10:53 PM
yeah, now that Bettis has retired. great point! if bettis were still active hed have the edge over c. martin cause

1. he was never a patriot
2. he actually won a ring

(note the backhanded compliment to pitt native c. martin)

3 to be 4
06-15-2006, 11:20 PM
wheres Maurice Clarett on that list?

tony hipchest
06-15-2006, 11:25 PM

in between r. williAMS and lawrence phillips

3 to be 4
06-15-2006, 11:28 PM
Duane Thomas is still the man

Stillers#1
06-15-2006, 11:29 PM
If I had to choose a running back to build a team around, I take Larry Johnson. He is hard nosed, strong, and reminds me of a younger, leaner Bus.

As a side note, I don't think Johnson would let James Harrison hurdle him, he would have actually made a play on him.

3 to be 4
06-15-2006, 11:32 PM
i am looking forward to the Chiefs season here in KC. With Edwards as coach, they'll actually play some defense. Playoffs fer sure.

MattsMe
06-15-2006, 11:48 PM
i am looking forward to the Chiefs season here in KC. With Edwards as coach, they'll actually play some defense. Playoffs fer sure.

I'd love to see the Chiefs in the playoffs, but only so I could watch them get beat. My dad lives in Chiefs country, and whenever I go to visit him, all I hear is how much their defense is going to improve. :sofunny:

tony hipchest
06-15-2006, 11:50 PM
better cheifs than the doncos (especially if youre a patsfan)

shimmysteelerfan
06-16-2006, 01:47 AM
larry man......LT is good but come on if he were the best maybe his team woulda gotten in the playoffs.......

BengalBrian
06-16-2006, 02:03 AM
As of right now, you cant really say anyone other than LT... He gets my vote anyway, but LJ is quickly catching up.. I just dont see LT slowing down for years though, god forbid an injury.. He is one player I think anyone other than division foes love to watch play.

Corey Dillon??? Who's that? lol

ARKIESTEEL
06-16-2006, 07:29 AM
Let Parker learn which whole to hit and learn to think and not just run and he could be a great one. When he learns that speed is great but an open lane is better. I think with some more lead in his butt (weight) he could be a Barry Foster type running back.

WorstTrollEver
06-16-2006, 07:55 AM
Corey Dillon??? Who's that? lol

Corey Dillon is the Bungles all-time rushing leader. Remember when he was a Bungle and showed up on a national sports talk show wearing a Raiders jersey?

Yeah, that was great.

BengalBrian
06-16-2006, 08:06 AM
Corey Dillon is the Bungles all-time rushing leader. Remember when he was a Bungle and showed up on a national sports talk show wearing a Raiders jersey?

Yeah, that was great.
You have to be the biggest homer alive to sit here and say Corey Dildo is the best RB.. Yea. He is the Bengals all time rusher, but Rudi has already beat his season long numbers.. corey is a cancer.. And he has begun to be himself just recently.. Enjoy... Time to find out why we ditched his ass

Stillers#1
06-16-2006, 09:54 AM
Oh please, you guys loved Dillon, the only reason you ditched him is because he wanted out of that cesspool. As far as pure talent goes, I would take Dillon over Rudi any day of the week. Look at what Dillon had to work with while he was in Cincy, absolutley nothing. Meanwhile Rudi has "good" season's because there is the actual threat of a passing game down there now, no Akili Smith, or any other ex-bust draft pick.

mymaveric
06-16-2006, 10:04 AM
Tomlinson, easily. Alexander's almost as good, but no one else active is more complete.

BBC
06-16-2006, 10:50 AM
larry man......LT is good but come on if he were the best maybe his team woulda gotten in the playoffs.......

Psst...the Chiefs didn't make the playoffs either

tony hipchest
06-16-2006, 11:06 AM
You have to be the biggest homer alive to sit here and say Corey Dildo is the best RB.. Yea. He is the Bengals all time rusher, but Rudi has already beat his season long numbers.. corey is a cancer.. And he has begun to be himself just recently.. Enjoy... Time to find out why we ditched his assdildo didched the bengals. they had no choise but to trade him. he said hed rather flip burgers than play for them. :sofunny: (one of the best sports quotes ever)

Livinginthe past
06-16-2006, 01:40 PM
LT is the most complete RB in the league today - and by some distance.

The amount of pure running yardage he has put up in his career is amazing, tack on the yardage he gets from being a receiving threat from the backfield and you have an offensive machine that has been good for just under 2000 yards of offense per year over his 5 year career to date.

Lets add to the mix the fact that, until recent times, San Diego couldnt draft anything worthy of a 4th round pick, have had a succesion of poor QB's until Brees, and you realise that teams know LT is gonna run on em and they still can't stop him.

Oh, and it might have been a bitter finish Dillon had with the Bengals but the guy is a winner, and quite frankly your Franchise sucked his during his career - he had no offensive help and your D was a pathetic sieve.

Now, thats not really smack, its fact - i'll hold my hand up and say that the Patriots, until recent years, have had a pretty good record at 'sucking' too - but when Corey joined us - he joined a team that could win the big one - and still can.

NM

ARKIESTEEL
06-16-2006, 02:13 PM
LT is the most complete RB in the league today - and by some distance.

The amount of pure running yardage he has put up in his career is amazing, tack on the yardage he gets from being a receiving threat from the backfield and you have an offensive machine that has been good for just under 2000 yards of offense per year over his 5 year career to date.

Lets add to the mix the fact that, until recent times, San Diego couldnt draft anything worthy of a 4th round pick, have had a succesion of poor QB's until Brees, and you realise that teams know LT is gonna run on em and they still can't stop him.

Oh, and it might have been a bitter finish Dillon had with the Bengals but the guy is a winner, and quite frankly your Franchise sucked his during his career - he had no offensive help and your D was a pathetic sieve.

Now, thats not really smack, its fact - i'll hold my hand up and say that the Patriots, until recent years, have had a pretty good record at 'sucking' too - but when Corey joined us - he joined a team that could win the big one - and still can.

NM

But what have we learned from the Steelers Falcons Chargers and others you can run the ball all you want for more yards than the next 2 teams in line and not win it all without a pass game

Livinginthe past
06-16-2006, 03:07 PM
But what have we learned from the Steelers Falcons Chargers and others you can run the ball all you want for more yards than the next 2 teams in line and not win it all without a pass game

What has that got to do with the subject of who is the best RB in the NFL?

I dont think we are looking for the solution to winning it all, just simply who is the best RB.

NM

ARKIESTEEL
06-16-2006, 03:20 PM
What has that got to do with the subject of who is the best RB in the NFL?

I dont think we are looking for the solution to winning it all, just simply who is the best RB.

NM

I stand before you and beg forgiveness for takeing a subject off track. I can only blame my parents for their lack of careing and the fact i was locked in a 3' by 3' cell until the age of 6. Football and the run game vs pass game was the only thoughts i had at this young age to keep me from going mad. News would filter in of a man named Terry and how his deep throws opened up the run game which lead a team to greatness. 28 years later i sat and waited until i could work this into a talk of great rb only to have my hopes and dreams smashed by you. But i am sorry for bringing up the pass game at such a time in which it upset you kind sir

MattsMe
06-16-2006, 03:29 PM
I stand before you and beg forgiveness for takeing a subject off track. I can only blame my parents for their lack of careing and the fact i was locked in a 3' by 3' cell until the age of 6. Football and the run game vs pass game was the only thoughts i had at this young age to keep me from going mad. News would filter in of a man named Terry and how his deep throws opened up the run game which lead a team to greatness. 28 years later i sat and waited until i could work this into a talk of great rb only to have my hopes and dreams smashed by you. But i am sorry for bringing up the pass game at such a time in which it upset you kind sir

:rofl: That's pretty funny.

Livinginthe past
06-16-2006, 03:41 PM

Ok, that was pretty funny.

So I forgive you.

NM

ARKIESTEEL
06-16-2006, 03:45 PM
It aint easy but i try

RoethlisBURGHer
06-16-2006, 03:45 PM
It's gotta be LT.He can do it all!He sees the field very well,can follow blockers,run through you,or run past you.And he does all this behind a sub-par line.

BengalBrian
06-16-2006, 04:29 PM
Oh please, you guys loved Dillon, the only reason you ditched him is because he wanted out of that cesspool. As far as pure talent goes, I would take Dillon over Rudi any day of the week. Look at what Dillon had to work with while he was in Cincy, absolutley nothing. Meanwhile Rudi has "good" season's because there is the actual threat of a passing game down there now, no Akili Smith, or any other ex-bust draft pick.
I will admit I cheered for him.. But not for his final two seasons.. He became too much of a cancer.. He is the poster boy for Leon..

He is now also a hasbeen and he is starting to cry in NE about their drafting a RB.. But noone will sit here and tell me he is better than LT or LJ without me questioning their judgement there

silver & black
06-16-2006, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE=tony hipchest]king james has never came through in the big game (willie parker has)

The difference is, James IS the team. Without him, The Cavs go nowhere. I thought he performed admirably in the playoffs. One guy can't win it all.

silver & black
06-16-2006, 04:51 PM

Probably camping outside the state pen... waiting to be admitted.:sofunny:

silver & black
06-16-2006, 04:52 PM
I'd love to see the Chiefs in the playoffs, but only so I could watch them get beat. My dad lives in Chiefs country, and whenever I go to visit him, all I hear is how much their defense is going to improve. :sofunny:

F*** the Queefs!!!

silver & black
06-16-2006, 04:54 PM

Yeah, that was great.
I liked it!

silver & black
06-16-2006, 04:55 PM
I agree, I would have loved to see him in silver and black.

silver & black
06-16-2006, 04:59 PM
As much as it galls me, I have to go with LT. Maybe we can bruise his ribs for him again this year! :sofunny:

CantStop85
06-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Call me crazy, but I'd take the guy who's (almost) led the NFL in rushing yards the past two years. LT's a better pass catcher, but Alexander's a better pure runner. Plus, you can't argue with 27 rushing TD's in a season.

boLT fan
06-16-2006, 06:03 PM
As much as it galls me, I have to go with LT. Maybe we can bruise his ribs for him again this year! :sofunny:

Maybe you can actually win a game in your own division this year, instead of just injuring the other teams. :sofunny:

silver & black
06-16-2006, 06:12 PM
Maybe you can actually win a game in your own division this year, instead of just injuring the other teams. :sofunny:
Rest assured, we will win a few games in our division this year... starting with the dolts!

BengalBrian
06-16-2006, 06:29 PM
Rest assured, we will win a few games in our division this year... starting with the dolts!
I wouldnt place any bets just yet

silver & black
06-16-2006, 06:31 PM
Care to elaborate on why not?

steelerfan12
06-16-2006, 07:36 PM
lol stop it u make me laugh!! LOL :sofunny:

BengalBrian
06-16-2006, 08:15 PM
Care to elaborate on why not?

Lets just say my predictions probably differ from yours

silver & black
06-17-2006, 08:43 AM
Lets just say my predictions probably differ from yours

Well, I was responding to a Charger fan, and you chimed in. So, since you decided to involve yourself, what are your predictions, and what do you base them on?

BengalBrian
06-17-2006, 09:55 AM
Well, I was responding to a Charger fan, and you chimed in. So, since you decided to involve yourself, what are your predictions, and what do you base them on?
Well... For starters... Last season's record...

Secondly, they have the best QB in the league and you guys are trying yet another one out..

Its way too early to be able to make a decision without considering last season right now... Who would have called some of the teams that sucked last year after the 2004 season... Things change drastically from year to year...

Stillers#1
06-17-2006, 11:37 AM
I think when he said Dolts, he meant The Chargers, as in Bolts. I know Philip Rivers is no where near the best QB in the league. I bet LT drops off this year without Brees around. He will still be top 5, but LJ is the man, I don't care what anyone says.

BengalBrian
06-17-2006, 11:41 AM
I think when he said Dolts, he meant The Chargers, as in Bolts. I know Philip Rivers is no where near the best QB in the league. I bet LT drops off this year without Brees around. He will still be top 5, but LJ is the man, I don't care what anyone says.
Oops.. My bad then.. Its quite possible you will knock off the Chargers...

Although I dont think they will miss Brees all that much.. Rivers will have a transition year though... I think he will do well in that system though

silver & black
06-17-2006, 11:44 AM
Yes, thank you. I guess I take for granted that people outside our division know the smack names for other teams.

Dolts = Bolts (Chargers)

Donkos = Donkeys (Broncos)

Chefs = Queefs (Chiefs)

silver & black
06-17-2006, 11:47 AM
Well... For starters... Last season's record...

Secondly, they have the best QB in the league and you guys are trying yet another one out..

Its way too early to be able to make a decision without considering last season right now... Who would have called some of the teams that sucked last year after the 2004 season... Things change drastically from year to year...
You can't be serious!? Rivers is one of the best QB's in the league!!!???

Please, do go on... I can't wait to hear this!

BengalBrian
06-17-2006, 11:48 AM
You can't be serious!? Rivers is one of the best QB's in the league!!!???

Please, do go on... I can't wait to hear this!
Please do look back.. I already posted something.. as did you... :shrug:

silver & black
06-17-2006, 12:08 PM
Please do look back.. I already posted something.. as did you... :shrug:
Sorry, we must have been typing at the same time. I didn't see your post.

boLT fan
06-17-2006, 12:21 PM
I think i'd rather have an unproven QB that has a chance to be great over a washed-up QB that can only go downhill. A shitty new QB and an old coach won't turn your horrible team around in one year.

BengalBrian
06-17-2006, 12:30 PM
I think i'd rather have an unproven QB that has a chance to be great over a washed-up QB that can only go downhill. A shitty new QB and an old coach won't turn your horrible team around in one year.
I really think Rivers could suceed in the NFL.. We shall see

That will be a good game

silver & black
06-17-2006, 01:01 PM
We also have an unproven QB that has a chance to be great. Just because Brooks will probably start the season doesn't mean he will finish it.

And yes, my horrible team will get turned around this year. No, we probably aren't going to the playoffs, but we will definately be an improved team... and that's what you are worried about.

I love how you dolt fans talk so much smack when you have won NOTHING! Your whole season revolves around beating the Raiders. It's like your Superbowl. Your coach chokes EVERY YEAR in the playoffs... when you get there. You have one good season and you talk like you have always been there. The Raiders OWN YOU!... as does the rest of the division!

Yes, you have beaten us the last five games... props. It's over! the dolts are the most pathetic team in the AFC West... one good season doesn't change that!

Within three years, the Raiders will once again rule the AFC West. The dolts will take their rightful place at the bottom of the division... where they traditionally dwell. I hope you enjoyed the Raiders slump and your short time as number 2 in the division because the Raiders are on the way back to dominating the division... AS THEY ALWAYS HAVE!

Blitzburgh55
06-17-2006, 01:02 PM
LT he is a trilpe threat by far the best

Livinginthe past
06-17-2006, 01:34 PM
S & B is getting into some serious smack talk!

What happened to not doing that on other teams boards eh?

I knew you couldnt resist the temptation - thats what the offseason is for! :cool:

Now if we can just a Donks and Chiefs fan here........

NM

tony hipchest
06-17-2006, 01:43 PM
this forum definitely needs more inter conference rivalry fans, with heated debates. itts fun

silver & black
06-17-2006, 01:49 PM

I knew you couldnt resist the temptation - thats what the offseason is for! :cool:

NM
I did say I wouldn't do that, didn't I?:busted: Well... he, uh, er.... started it! :sofunny:

Believe me, I can take Chiefs and Bronco fans better than I can dolt fans.

Dolt fans irritate the hell out of me. I realise that they have been the better team lately, but, they got nothin! They crow about their 5 wins over us, disregarding the fact that the Raiders own a 9 year, 18 game winning streak against them.

Ok. I'm done now! I need a beer!

HometownGal
06-17-2006, 02:13 PM
I have to go with Larry Johnson here. He's a human ball of muscle and those legs never stop moving. He's a playmaker and a goal line bully, too, which makes him even more valuable. He's my top pick this year in FF.

Stillers#1
06-17-2006, 02:17 PM
I really do wanna know who the homers that voted for Fast willie are. I mean he is good, but lets be serious. I STILL say we shoulda drafted LenDale.

BBC
06-17-2006, 02:24 PM
I really do wanna know who the homers that voted for Fast willie are. I mean he is good, but lets be serious. I STILL say we shoulda drafted LenDale.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=93

Stillers#1
06-17-2006, 05:23 PM
well that answers that question.

silver & black
06-17-2006, 08:15 PM
this forum definitely needs more inter conference rivalry fans, with heated debates. itts fun
You really wouldn't mind? I can't help but feel it is disrespectful to do that on another team's board.

I apologize for letting my ire show on your board. I really don't come here for that. I enjoy this site for the knowledgeable football posts by intelligent (for the most part) fans.

Having said that, I invite boltfan to come to RF.net to talk smack... you better bring your "A" game because you will get torched!

boLT fan
06-17-2006, 08:52 PM
Having said that, I invite boltfan to come to RF.net to talk smack... you better bring your "A" game because you will get torched!

That'd be kind of useless. Every point I would bring up with immediatly be countered with "Ya.. well we beat you 10 years ago. or.. Ya.. well we won a Superbowls 23 years ago. or Ya... well Philip Rivers hasn't played yet. or(stupid as it is) Ya.. well were gonna with the Superbowl this year becuase of Art Shell.

I've heard all these Raider comebacks enough, going to a board and hearing it from 10 people at once won't make much more of a difference.

Now, if there were actually more Raider fans that brought actual revelent points like you i'd consider it. But all of them just use those same warn excuses over and over, and don't tell me they don't. Because they do.

I don't want to argue on a Steelers board though, so i'll end it with that.

Stillers#1
06-17-2006, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=silver & black]You really wouldn't mind? I can't help but feel it is disrespectful to do that on another team's board.

isn that what the blast furnace is for? I love reading other people from other divisions get into it. And then when it looks like its going to slow down, you take one teams side and whole thing starts up all over again.

MattsMe
06-17-2006, 09:10 PM
As 3 to be 4 seems to be slacking off, I will fill in for him by adding this:

The Bengals suck.

tony hipchest
06-17-2006, 09:12 PM
You really wouldn't mind? I can't help but feel it is disrespectful to do that on another team's board.

I apologize for letting my ire show on your board. I really don't come here for that. I enjoy this site for the knowledgeable football posts by intelligent (for the most part) fans.

Having said that, I invite boltfan to come to RF.net to talk smack... you better bring your "A" game because you will get torched! personally i wouldnt mind it at all. as far as you and boltfan are concerned, id say you are regulars (as far as non-steelerfans goes) and have earned your stripes. a little debate on neutral ground is healthy. of course if you said l. jordan was better than lt, or if boltfan said k. mccardel were better than r. moss, im sure a few steelerfans would be more than glad to step in and offer their non objective opinion.

i cant speak on behalf of all steelerfans here, but i say make yourselves at home. this is the "nfl forum". and a good argument can be enjoyed by all :cool:

(and no, im nor trying to fan any flames) its just the steelers vs browns, bengals, ravens rivalry can get a little tiresom and seeing other rivalry's heated exchanges is refreshing for the board.

silver & black
06-17-2006, 09:32 PM
That'd be kind of useless. Every point I would bring up with immediatly be countered with "Ya.. well we beat you 10 years ago. or.. Ya.. well we won a Superbowls 23 years ago. or Ya... well Philip Rivers hasn't played yet. or(stupid as it is) Ya.. well were gonna with the Superbowl this year becuase of Art Shell.

I've heard all these Raider comebacks enough, going to a board and hearing it from 10 people at once won't make much more of a difference.

Now, if there were actually more Raider fans that brought actual revelent points like you i'd consider it. But all of them just use those same warn excuses over and over, and don't tell me they don't. Because they do.

I don't want to argue on a Steelers board though, so i'll end it with that.
Actually, if you come to RF.net and make valid points, and talk civil and intelligent, you would be welcomed with open arms.

Most of your breatheren that come to our site are just ignorant, and do the same thing you claim Raiders fans do. We have one Charger fan who consistently brings up very good points, is open minded, and admits when he is wrong. He is treated with respect and is favored with the every so often "you're right".

I will freely admit that as of right now, the Chargers are better than the Raiders. This season will be the season that the Raiders start to turn things around. I am not so blind as to think we will win the division or make the playoffs. We will go at least 7-5, and with some luck going our way, we can possibly go 10-6.

The Chargers have perennialy been the whipping boy of the division, with the exception of the last 3 years. Unfortunately, the Raiders have taken over that spot. This is the year that the Raiders clime out of the cellar. I really could care less which of you division rivals occupies that spot.

The Raiders will soon lay claim to the AFC West... all the rest of the division can feel free to start shaking in your boots now... THE NASTY IS BACK IN BLACK!

tony hipchest
06-17-2006, 09:38 PM
i havent thought about it much but it mustve been nice for afc west fans to watch what the steelers did to the doncos in the afc champ game huh?

boLT fan
06-17-2006, 09:46 PM
We will go at least 7-5,

So, what, did you just give up on the last 4 games? :busted:

But anyway, I guess i'll visit RF.net and actually sign up.

i havent thought about it much but it mustve been nice for afc west fans to watch what the steelers did to the doncos in the afc champ game huh?

I was cheering more than a Steeler fan thats a friend I was watching it with.

silver & black
06-17-2006, 09:52 PM
You have no idea how much I enjoyed that!

The donkos fans came to our board in droves to tell us how bad we suck and how humiliating it must be to watch them win another Superbowl.

From the bottom of my heart... THANK YOU STEELERS!

As soon as the Raiders are out of the picture, I become a Steelers fan. I always pull for the Steelers if the Raiders have no shot. I know... strange for a Raiders fan, huh?

silver & black
06-17-2006, 09:56 PM
So, what, did you just give up on the last 4 games? :busted:

But anyway, I guess i'll visit RF.net and actually sign up.

I was cheering more than a Steeler fan thats a friend I was watching it with.
Cool, consider yourself officially invited. Just be cool and you be more than welcome. :smile:

Volpe1564
06-18-2006, 01:08 AM
LT is just the best back.....the guy can do anything every play wideout, i mean when you can go up the middle,around the corner and run a slat pattern you got something special. TBH i think Brain Westbrook should atleast be on the list too. not that hes the best but he got skills

Livinginthe past
06-18-2006, 05:19 AM

Im sure you realise my comment was in jest.

No-one here minds a little team related smack - its when it gets to the level of personal insults that things go wrong in a hurry.

You and boLTfan have been very cool since you have been coming here - I can't imagine you letting anyone down! :smile:

NM

ARKIESTEEL
06-20-2006, 02:14 PM

NM

This is about RB not smack stick to the subject.

Sorry just felt like paying you back :rolleyes:

Steel12
06-20-2006, 04:08 PM
LT hands down

Brady12
06-21-2006, 05:13 PM
Best running back right now is Shaun Alexander. won the rushing title and most touchdowns in history. I do not think he is very great though. But when someone takes the title from him this season, THEY will be the best running back then, and it shall continue like that one song that never ends.

Big D
06-22-2006, 08:02 AM
LT by far

DIESELMAN
06-22-2006, 05:37 PM
LT hasn't rushed behind a good OL in his career and the WR's are nothing to brag about. Everybody knows who's getting the ball and they still can't stop him. He can run the ball, catch the ball and even throw the ball (3 TD passes last year) hell he can even take care of the ball- 1 fumble and he recovered it. Thats what makes a player DA MAN- Beating defenses down even when they know whats coming. When LJ has a full year under his belt and Shaun can show he doesn't need an All-Pro OL then we'll see. Until then LT IS DA MAN!!!!!

ARKIESTEEL
06-22-2006, 05:40 PM
LT hasn't rushed behind a good OL in his career and the WR's are nothing to brag about. Everybody knows who's getting the ball and they still can't stop him. He can run the ball, catch the ball and even throw the ball (3 TD passes last year) hell he can even take care of the ball- 1 fumble and he recovered it. Thats what makes a player DA MAN- Beating defenses down even when they know whats coming. When LJ has a full year under his belt and Shaun can show he doesn't need an All-Pro OL then we'll see. Until then LT IS DA MAN!!!!!

Without an O-line he wont be long in this game! Look at some of the greats that didnt have an o-line and how short lived they was Barry Sanders comes to mind real quick. I would tend to think Larry Johnson will be the one to watch this year. Man I wish to see him in black and gold

Black@Gold Forever32
06-22-2006, 06:51 PM

I totally agree with you with this post. LaDanian Tomlinson has never had much support around him. The only support he has had is when Drew Brees started playing at pro bowl level the last few years and when the Bolts found a free agent gem in Antonio Gates. Other then that L.T. has been a one man gang. During L.T.'s career the Chargers at best have had an average offensive line. But every year he puts up amazing stats as a runner and a reciever. Then when you factor in his 3 TD passes LaDanian is not only the best player in the NFL but in fantasy as well. But Tomlinson was freaking awesome at TCU also. So no suprise that LaDanian Tomlinson is having a great career in the NFL.

BengalBrian
06-22-2006, 06:53 PM
The poll speaks! LT seems like shoe in

I must say I am a bit surprised that Alexander didnt get more votes though

Stlrs4Life
06-22-2006, 09:49 PM
Voted LT. But LJ is awfully close.

SteelCzar76
06-23-2006, 08:21 PM
Right now Ladanian is the best,... but i'd take Larry Johnson and wouldn't look back. The kid's game is PURE STEELER.

"Hail Caesar,.....HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

83-Steelers-43
07-02-2006, 04:37 PM

Well stated and I agree completely. On that note, LJ is closing in fast.

silver & black
07-02-2006, 06:07 PM
Without an O-line he wont be long in this game! Look at some of the greats that didnt have an o-line and how short lived they was Barry Sanders comes to mind real quick. I would tend to think Larry Johnson will be the one to watch this year. Man I wish to see him in black and gold
That's true... Earl Campbell got pounded to death. I saw a documentary about a year ago about RB's in the NFL and Earl was hobbeling along on crutches... sad.

BlackNGold203
07-02-2006, 07:00 PM
Larry Johnson is a monster....but I wanna see it one more year.....

Where's Edge?...I'll vote LT...but Edge would be 2nd...and LJ 3rd...

If Alexander does anything this year w/o Hutchinson...I'll give him a bump

Black@Gold Forever32
07-02-2006, 07:08 PM
Larry Johnson is a monster....but I wanna see it one more year.....

Where's Edge?...I'll vote LT...but Edge would be 2nd...and LJ 3rd...

If Alexander does anything this year w/o Hutchinson...I'll give him a bump

Dude, sure Shaun Alexander, has a great offensive line. But the dude had 28 freaking TD's last year. Thats real good man anyway you look at it. I also voted for LaDanian Tomlinson, as the best RB. But I just think you have to give Shaun Alexander some credit for having a great year and career.

Might I add that Larry Johnson also has a very good offensive line with the Chiefs.