PDA

View Full Version : Haloti Ngata misses practice

SteelCityMom
11-04-2011, 09:04 AM
OWINGS MILLS, Md.-- ProBowl (http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-11-03/baltimore-ravens-team-report-haloti-ngata-misses-practice#) defensive tackle Haloti Ngata did not practice for the second straight day and that's not a good sign for the Ravens. Ngata is a tireless worker and seldom misses practice.

He suffered a thigh injury Sunday against the Cardinals. The Ravens can't replace Ngata. Not only does he occupy blockers to keep them off inside linebacker Ray Lewis, but Ngata was disrupting plays and shutting down the middle of the field as far as the running game. Not only was he controlling the middle, but he had become one of the team's top pass rushers either getting a sack, collapsing the pocket or batting down ball.

If he can't play, Ngata will be replaced by Brandon McKinney, who had become part of the Ravens three to four man (http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-11-03/baltimore-ravens-team-report-haloti-ngata-misses-practice#) rotation at tackle. McKinney was one of the Ravens run stoppers on goal line situations. He doesn't have Ngata's size and speed, but McKinney has excellent quick and will be able to hold his own in the middle.
Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-11-03/baltimore-ravens-team-report-haloti-ngata-misses-practice#ixzz1ckGytmxR

stlrtruck
11-04-2011, 09:44 AM
What's that sound coming out of B-more?
Excuses!

:crying02::shake01::sadpace::sign02:

Third Rail
11-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Good. I hope he's sore as hell and doesn't play. And if he does, I hope he gets constantly knocked on his ass.

I never hope for a player to be injured, but this dick became exempt from that rule after he broke Ben's nose. Accident, my ass. That shit was intentional.

Opt2loc
11-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Good. I hope he's sore as hell and doesn't play. And if he does, I hope he gets constantly knocked on his ass.

I never hope for a player to be injured, but this dick became exempt from that rule after he broke Ben's nose. Accident, my ass. That shit was intentional.

Unless he is in the hospital tied down to a bed, there is no way Haloti misses this game.

That hit on ben was brutal. I felt the pain just watching it.

Steelersfan87
11-04-2011, 12:29 PM
Even if he does play, Ramon Foster is clearly stronger than Legursky, and should fare better.

jjpro11
11-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Even if he does play, Ramon Foster is clearly stronger than Legursky, and should fare better.

this is also a completely different oline than week 1.. we have Starks at LT instead of the turnstile Jonathan Scott... Foster at RG and Gilbert at RT.. all in all, they have improved big time since that week 1 thumping. still not great, but good enough so that Ben hasn't played gun-shy like he did early in the season. on the other side, the Ravens' line has regressed since week 1.

Opt2loc
11-04-2011, 12:54 PM
this is also a completely different oline than week 1.. we have Starks at LT instead of the turnstile Jonathan Scott... Foster at RG and Gilbert at RT.. all in all, they have improved big time since that week 1 thumping. still not great, but good enough so that Ben hasn't played gun-shy like he did early in the season. on the other side, the Ravens' line has regressed since week 1.

True, the Ravens o-line has had a touch of the swiss cheese disease. Hopefully Grubbs might get some playing time. He practiced yesterday, don't know about today.
Cam needs to expect the rush and game plan around it. He could do a little more no huddle SG or quick slants to Dickson or Boldin. Something has to change.

SteelCityMom
11-04-2011, 01:05 PM
True, the Ravens o-line has had a touch of the swiss cheese disease. Hopefully Grubbs might get some playing time. He practiced yesterday, don't know about today.
Cam needs to expect the rush and game plan around it. He could do a little more no huddle SG or quick slants to Dickson or Boldin. Something has to change.

Yeah, Grubbs practiced again today...but they're still mum on whether he'll play or not.

Left guard Ben Grubbs, who has six missed games this season because of ligament damage in his toe, practiced for the second straight day, and reported very little pain or swelling from going full speed the day before in practice. The Ravens didn't say he would start Sunday night against the Steelers, but offensive coordinator Cam Cameron indicated it would he a game time decision.

(from above article)

tanda10506
11-04-2011, 01:21 PM
If he starts we should chop block the sh@t out of him like they did Hampton. Just make sure whoever chops him smashes into that thigh too. It's legal right, so why not:noidea:

tony hipchest
11-04-2011, 04:43 PM
i agree on chopping the hell out of ngata and hampton stomping of grubbs big toe. that is legal as well.

polamalu needs to head tackle more people like he did welker and clark needs to keep blasting the shit out of ball carriers.

beat them into submission and watch them limp home,purple, battered, and bruised

Mick0311
11-04-2011, 05:19 PM
i agree on chopping the hell out of ngata and hampton stomping of grubbs big toe. that is legal as well.

polamalu needs to head tackle more people like he did welker and clark needs to keep blasting the shit out of ball carriers.

beat them into submission and watch them limp home,purple, battered, and bruised

Classy! You can jack some people up by chop blocking. There have been career ending blocks like that, hence their illegality. I hope your team goes 0 - 16 every year, but I never want to see cheap crap that hurts players.

SteelCityMom
11-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Classy! You can jack some people up by chop blocking. There have been career ending blocks like that, hence their illegality. I hope your team goes 0 - 16 every year, but I never want to see cheap crap that hurts players.

Apparently you have no clue about the legal chop blocks that the Ravens used against us in week 1. That is what Tony is referencing.

You're ignorance on the topic is not so classy.

Mick0311
11-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Apparently you have no clue about the legal chop blocks that the Ravens used against us in week 1. That is what Tony is referencing.

You're ignorance on the topic is not so classy.

No, I know exactly what we are talking about. The BLOCKS the Ravens threw were legal, hence not known as chop blocks. What our friend here is wishing to see is the chop block, the kind that are not-so-legal. It is pretty clear that he wants to see harm done, with the chop block and stomping of injuries and what not. Try to keep up. Do we have to go over what a chop block is again? I thought the original education was enough.

SteelCityMom
11-04-2011, 05:38 PM
No, I know exactly what we are talking about. The BLOCKS the Ravens threw were legal, hence not known as chop blocks. What our friend here is wishing to see is the chop block, the kind that are not-so-legal. It is pretty clear that he wants to see harm done, with the chop block and stomping of injuries and what not. Try to keep up. Do we have to go over what a chop block is again? I thought the original education was enough.

Here's the official rule...just to educate YOU a little bit. Also notice how the rule uses the words chop and block.

“On a running play, A1, an offensive lineman, chops a defensive player after the defensive player has been engaged by A2 (high or low), and the initial alignment of A2 is more than one position away from A1. The rule applies only when the block occurs at a time when the flow of the play is clearly away from A1.”

And so, if the center hits a guy high and a tackle hits him low, it’s a penalty. When it’s a center and one of the two guards, the chop block is not illegal.

It's completely obvious that is what Tony is referencing...having the Steelers do the same thing the Ravens did in week 1.

Fire Arians
11-04-2011, 06:17 PM
Here's the official rule...just to educate YOU a little bit. Also notice how the rule uses the words chop and block.

“On a running play, A1, an offensive lineman, chops a defensive player after the defensive player has been engaged by A2 (high or low), and the initial alignment of A2 is more than one position away from A1. The rule applies only when the block occurs at a time when the flow of the play is clearly away from A1.”

And so, if the center hits a guy high and a tackle hits him low, it’s a penalty. When it’s a center and one of the two guards, the chop block is not illegal.

It's completely obvious that is what Tony is referencing...having the Steelers do the same thing the Ravens did in week 1.

dick0311 just got served :thumbsup:

i always laugh when ravens fans mention class, their entire team and coaching staff is full of no-class thugs

Steelersfan87
11-04-2011, 07:59 PM

:banging: There is such a thing as a legal chop block. There shouldn't be, but there is. And that's what the Ravens were doing.

SoCalFan
11-04-2011, 08:09 PM
I really hope Gnatta plays,I wish both sides were 100%!!! I can already hear the rat infestation crying "but but,gnatta wasnt playing,thats why we got steamrolled!!!"

Fire Arians
11-04-2011, 08:34 PM
I really hope Gnatta plays,I wish both sides were 100%!!! I can already hear the rat infestation crying "but but,gnatta wasnt playing,thats why we got steamrolled!!!"

lol then we can say we did it without woodley and sanders, we're missing more than they are, they can't use that excuse

Steeler4life1972
11-04-2011, 08:59 PM
Ummm did somebody notice that sepulveda may be out as well...woodley is out and harrison is probable!!

SoCalFan
11-04-2011, 09:14 PM
I cant imagine how painfull a hit may be if Harrison gets hit in the wrong spot? Just hope hes 100%...This time off im sure was good for his back as well!!!

truesteelerfan
11-06-2011, 08:30 AM
I hope we bang and bang on his thigh- use it to stand up by driving knuckles into it- make him limp off- like teams used to do back when real football that had physical hits was allowed to be played. I'm sure we'll get fined for something in this game.

SteelMayhem29
11-06-2011, 01:25 PM
No way he misses the game

SteelMayhem29
11-06-2011, 10:53 PM

Couldnt agree more:tt: