PDA

View Full Version : Harrison IN, Woodley OUT?

StainlessStill
11-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Mark Kaboly from the Trib: "Harrison is starting outside, Timmons inside. Gonna be either Worilds or Carter for Woodley. That's my prediction."

I've been hearing a whirlwind of things today all over the place. Radio stations, interviews, articles, what have you. The word now is, is that Woodley is FOR SURE 100% out (even though he's marking himself a game time decision) but Harrison has practiced with the first team offense ALL week and some feel he will be cleared to play outside AND START Sunday against the Ratf*cks.

Anyone hear an official word from all of this? If Harrison plays, that will be HUGE. Also, Ngata is hurting bad from Balty-camp. He'll probably play, but you know what they say. Paybacks a bitch so I hope we chop at that thigh ALL DAY LONG!

Fire Arians
11-04-2011, 12:28 PM
sounded like he was ready to go and was just waiting for the doctor to give him the OK. great freakin news.

worilds will probably start in place of lamar and timmons can go back inside where he's his best. i like it

Steelersfan87
11-04-2011, 12:31 PM
There is no official word on anything and there won't be until 90 minutes before kickoff. James Farrior said if they ask him to go, he'll go as well. The Steelers starting linebackers could range anywhere from

Harrison - Timmons - Farrior - Woodley

to

Timmons - Sylvester - Foote - Worilds/Carter

tanda10506
11-04-2011, 12:34 PM
It would be great to have him back, just not sure how effective he will be. Seemed like he was bothered by his back before and now he has missed more games and has a second injury. I don't think he will play, but it would be a big plus if he does and plays like we know he can.

SteelCityMom
11-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Yeah, it's been a huge cluster**** all week with all these different updates and predictions and stuff.

I agree that we won't know anything concrete until just before game time.

Good strategy though on the Steelers part. The Ravens have no clue right now who to prepare for.

Steelersfan87
11-04-2011, 02:44 PM
The Steelers officially ruled Woodley out, listed Harrison as probable, and Farrior as questionable. So here's the probable lineup for Sunday night:

Harrison - Timmons - Farrior/Foote - Worilds

Steelers>NFL
11-04-2011, 02:56 PM
The Steelers officially ruled Woodley out, listed Harrison as probable, and Farrior as questionable. So here's the probable lineup for Sunday night:

Harrison - Timmons - Farrior/Foote - Worilds

No Farrior please.... He gets torched by Ray Rice everytime they play.

MDSteel15
11-04-2011, 03:20 PM
No Farrior please.... He gets torched by Ray Rice everytime they play.

You can say what you want but I have Potsie as a top 6 LB in Steelers history...

NateDog07V
11-04-2011, 03:25 PM
as much as i hate to see Woodley out, Worilds is an extremely capable backup and another outstanding pass rusher from the outside... his career at VT was awesome to watch... i just hope our inside LB's take care of the dump off's to Rice... Flacco is either gonna toss prayers in Boldin's direction (which is exactly what he did in the 2nd half the last 2 games to barely squeak by) or dump it off to Rice over the middle or in the flat... Here's to another great game called by LeBeau and some punishing Steelers D ! :tt03::tt03:

steelfury02
11-04-2011, 04:11 PM
look what we are capable of now as an offense - of course I guess I didn't believe how crappy the NE defense was until I watched us torch them. If we can get out of this game with zero turnovers thats all that matters.

Our guys have been more verbal lately about the lack of respect they get and I think that WK 1 dirt in our face is still fresh in their mind - I'm fully prepared for Ratties to get lit up:tt03:

stb_steeler
11-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Yeah, it's been a huge cluster**** all week with all these different updates and predictions and stuff.

I agree that we won't know anything concrete until just before game time.

Good strategy though on the Steelers part. The Ravens have no clue right now who to prepare for.

Im thinking this is the game plan. I bet we see Woodley playing.

SteelCityMom
11-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Im thinking this is the game plan. I bet we see Woodley playing.

No, you definitely won't see Woodley playing at all (or at least I think you won't...someone can correct me if I'm wrong on this). I'm pretty sure once they rule a player out on the injury report, you can't have them play.

I'm surprised though...from all the reports we've been hearing it seemed that Woodley was more likely to play than Harrison.

stb_steeler
11-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Oh ok, i didnt see the report....Damn that Adam Sheftler

Steelersfan87
11-04-2011, 04:49 PM
I think that, especially given the injury, and their recent success in the dime package, if Farrior does play, he'll see limited time, both because he'll be spelled by Foote, and because they will probably finally start taking him off the field instead of Timmons when they do go to the dime, which I expect that they will more often now. The Ravens proved in week 1, and in the second half last week, that they are capable of running the two tight end set in the passing game very effectively, so I expect that, when they show those looks, the Steelers will counter in similar fashion to what they did last week. On the other hand, Flacco has been among the worst QBs in the league when pressured, so they may bring some more DB blitzes this week, not just with Polamalu.