View Full Version : Flacco admits offense played 'like crap' recently

mesaSteeler
11-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Flacco admits offense played 'like crap' recently
Posted on: November 4, 2011 1:46 pm
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/33105521
CBSSports.com

Posted by Ryan Wilson

Eight weeks ago, the Ravens beat the Steelers like they stole something. Earlier this month, Rice told CBSSports.com that that game won't mean much when the two teams get together this Sunday night because Pittsburgh has a history of getting better as the season progresses.

Turns out, Rice was right; the Steelers have played well the past month, highlighted by last week's win over the Patriots. The Ravens, meanwhile, have struggled, losing to the Jaguars on national television two weeks ago, and beating the Cardinals last Sunday but only after trailing by 21 points.

Ravens-Steelers, Part Deux

Both teams have issues -- the Ravens' passing game is a mess and offensive coordinator Cam Cameron and quarterback Joe Flacco have taken plenty of heat for it. The Steelers' have injuries to key defensive players and that could be a factor Sunday.

Flacco, who completed 58 percent of his passes the last two games with two picks and a touchdown, thinks the Ravens' offense, despite recent history, can play well against the Steelers.

“A good one,” Flacco said Wednesday when asked why type of offense we'll see Sunday. “We are going to go in there with a game plan, one that we can be successful with – things that we do well – and we are going to go execute it to the best of our ability. That’s going to be the key. We have to go in there, and we have to play the way we know how to play. We can’t go out there and make mistakes, not execute things, [and] look like crap like we have for a little bit the last couple of weeks. We have to go in there and just play the football we know how to – which was most of this season and the second half of last gam

No one would dispute the charge that the Ravens' offense has been dung-tastic at various points this season. Either way, Flacco is using the Week 1 matchup as inspiration for this one. “We have to look back at it and see what we did well, and see what we can carry over to this game plan,” he said, according to the Baltimore Sun.

In that game, Flacco had career highs in touchdowns (three) and passer rating (117.6 passer rating), wide receiver Anquan Boldin scored his third touchdown in four meetings with Pittsburgh, and running back Ray Rice ran for 107 yards, only the third 100-yard rushing performance against the Steelers in their previous 58 games.

But it was Baltimore's defense that was the difference in Week 1. They created seven (!) turnovers, gave their offense great field position, and sacked quarterback Ben Roethlisberger four times, three courtesy of Terrell Suggs who announced earlier this week that he owns Big Ben.

“God can have his soul, but his [butt] belongs to me,” said Suggs, who has 15.5 career sacks against Big Ben. “You all know the numbers. There’s nobody that does it better than me."

I've heard that quote," Big Ben said. "I've got no problem with it. It is what it is ... I know Terrell a little bit. He's actually a good guy. We joke around on the field, so I don't think he meant anything bad by it. I just think he let out a little emotion after finally beating me."

Receiver Antonio Brown, who has quietly emerged as one of the young Steelers playmakers, added this: “We really owe [the Ravens] one this time around,” he said, referring to the Week 1 loss. “You always remember that, seeing those guys celebrate like they won the Super Bowl, seeing those guys get really hyped.”

For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnNFL on Twitter, subscribe to our NFL newsletter, and while you're at it, add our RSS Feed.

Third Rail
11-05-2011, 02:12 AM
Unsilent Majority of Kissing Suzy Kolber shares his thoughts on Joe Flacco:

Baltimore at Pittsburgh -3

I think I’d rather have an undeniably shitty quarterback like John Beck than a guy like Joe Flacco who is just barely good enough to keep his team from pursuing a replacement. Does that make any sense? Probably not. Does John Beck make me want to watch Red Zone channel? Of course. Does Peter King think Flacco is on the verge of putting it all together? POSSIBLY. Have I been drinking? No, I make my picks sober like some kind of asshole.

DanRooney
11-05-2011, 03:57 AM
Polamalu has long hair

stlrtruck
11-05-2011, 07:46 AM
Polamalu has long hair

And Harrison has a shaved head

Bayz101
11-05-2011, 11:01 AM
I'm loving Mesa more and more. It's like another news feed. I don't even use Google anymore!

stlrtruck
11-05-2011, 11:58 AM
I'm loving Mesa more and more. It's like another news feed. I don't even use Google anymore!

Would that make it mesaoogle?

steelfury02
11-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Flacco admits that his pants will probably "have crap in them" before Sunday night's matchup

That's ok - Flacco's wife will clean it up
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/202702/pimple.jpg

Danny136200
11-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Flacco admits that his pants will probably "have crap in them" before Sunday night's matchup

That's ok - Flacco's wife will clean it up
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/202702/pimple.jpg
Isnt that flacco himself?

pete74
11-05-2011, 06:49 PM

i agree. i check this board for his news updates before anything else

truesteelerfan
11-06-2011, 08:24 AM
Their O has played like crap because they have a crappy offense?