PDA

View Full Version : new poster! trip to heinz!!

Steelergeek69
11-04-2011, 10:21 PM
hi ! first time poster but been reading post for a few years. Well after 25 years of working for Supervalu Inc.(albertsons stores) i have given two tickets to any sporting event! Well I might get some Steelers tickets,duh! but its on december 24 and if my boss can let me be off for 3 days.
Anyways being from the desert (palm springs,Ca) and going to a cold place, how cold is it in the burgh? December 24 1 pm game? is it snowing at that time? is it unbearable for outsiders?can u bring a throw?Being xmas eve is it less people in the stadium?
i hope many options on tickets mostly sections 500 thru 540. Im might get the seats on 531 AA, seems like a nice view to the city. So its a quick trip. Leaving on the 23 and returning on the 25th.
Also whats the best thing to do or see with just one day or half cuz mostly will beon that game day.

one more thing, on ticket seats is k closer than AA?i have choices of sections 507 p,524 k,531 aa,538 hh
Thanks

Bayz101
11-04-2011, 11:01 PM
It's Pittsburgh, so you'll definitely need to bundle up, but it shouldn't be unbearable. The stadium will be full, no doubt there. I believe Heinz has sold out every game it's ever hosted, dating back to Three Rivers Stadium. If your a Steelers fan, it's an oppourtuntiy of a lifetime. It'll be a good trip, and i'm sure you'll enjoy it. But remember to bundle up, as it'll probably be snowing.

steelfury02
11-05-2011, 08:49 AM
Hope you make some great memories at Heinz. If you are wondering about tickets - you might want to check this site out to get a feel for what the views will be at every section

http://www.seathound.com/venue/heinz-field-56/football-seating-views/

A "K" row will be closer than "AA"

And yup - I went to the Dec 23 v. Panthers game last season at NIGHT - which was pretty cold - you're allowed a blanket so bring it if you think you might want it. Where a hat and gloves and maybe even something that will completely cover your face except the eyes - especially if you are high up - haven't experienced much wind myself though. Get some food in you (Primanti Bros sandwiches and maybe some Quaker Steak wings) and take a couple shots before you enter the stadium -that'll help!

Bayz101
11-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Hope you make some great memories at Heinz. If you are wondering about tickets - you might want to check this site out to get a feel for what the views will be at every section

http://www.seathound.com/venue/heinz-field-56/football-seating-views/

A "K" row will be closer than "AA"

And yup - I went to the Dec 23 v. Panthers game last season at NIGHT - which was pretty cold - you're allowed a blanket so bring it if you think you might want it. Where a hat and gloves and maybe even something that will completely cover your face except the eyes - especially if you are high up - haven't experienced much wind myself though. Get some food in you (Primanti Bros sandwiches and maybe some Quaker Steak wings) and take a couple shots before you enter the stadium -that'll help!

Yeah just avoid taking too many shots. It'll help keep you warm, or it'll make you forget that it's cold. Either way you'll need a friend to carry you to your car :p

SteelMayhem29
11-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Its not that bad bundle up and your alright