PDA

View Full Version : Chirp chirp chirp

Danny136200
11-04-2011, 11:42 PM
Every single time we face the freakin ravens, we are forced to hear them talk themselves up for this game. They are talking how war is declared upon them, WTF?? its a football game. Suggs talking about how he owns ben because he gets sacks, which dont win football games as Ben is 6-1 vs the Ravens since the 06 sweep. Now, the steelers do their talking; for instance, Mike Wallace saying Webb cannot check him (after he was kind of provoked by Webb himself). And of course, woodley saying Flacco will never a SBin his lifetime. But its been kind of tiring that every time these two teams face, the Ravens have to try and rib and poke the Steelers for six straight days. Just throwing my opinion out there.

Third Rail
11-05-2011, 02:07 AM
It's annoying, I agree. But if we win, it just makes the victory all that much sweeter.

btaylor179
11-05-2011, 07:48 AM
its all a bunch of talk

steelfury02
11-05-2011, 08:26 AM
:blah: it must be tough being second fiddle

I don't mind it from the players as much as I do from some of their fans who tend to beat their chest a little harder than they should. When you think about it - they are the equivalent of the Buccaneers - 1 SB a long time ago, except the Ravens get into division deciding games and playoff matches and completely crap themselves.

I'd like to say I feel sorry for them, but I don't - bye bye Ravens:wave:

stlrtruck
11-05-2011, 08:49 AM
:blah: it must be tough being second fiddle

I don't mind it from the players as much as I do from some of their fans who tend to beat their chest a little harder than they should. When you think about it - they are the equivalent of the Buccaneers - 1 SB a long time ago, except the Ravens get into division deciding games and playoff matches and completely crap themselves.

I'd like to say I feel sorry for them, but I don't - bye bye Ravens:wave:

Damn, you pegged the bucs fans squarely on the head. Do you live in the Tampa area?

But you're right, the ratbird fans keep thumping their chest but yet the team never delivers when it matters most. It's funny to watch them get all high and mighty during the regular season only to have their hearts ripped out by the Steelers in the end.

steelfury02
11-05-2011, 09:46 AM
actually my wife and I are originally from the Pittsburgh area and we moved down to Ratbird country in 06' for jobs

Of course, the job market isn't great down here, or anywhere for that matter - sometimes contemplate moving back - miss the slower pace and the sense of community - living in a transient area - no one talks to each other!

stlrtruck
11-05-2011, 10:25 AM
actually my wife and I are originally from the Pittsburgh area and we moved down to Ratbird country in 06' for jobs

Of course, the job market isn't great down here, or anywhere for that matter - sometimes contemplate moving back - miss the slower pace and the sense of community - living in a transient area - no one talks to each other!

Yeah I grew up 45 minutes outside of B-more. Moved to the Tampa area in 2000. Thankfully there's plenty of Steelers folks down here that help continue the family sense that all Steelers fan come to embrace.

Steelerfreak58
11-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Talk is cheap.

Nevermore
11-05-2011, 04:30 PM
You guys are a riot. I get the feeling that Steelers fans are the only ones allowed to cheer for their team or say they are going to win. Its a division game between the two teams that have been at the top of the division for the past couple years. It is always a smash mouth, beat down, drag out game on both sides that is typically decided by less than a touchdown. Yes the Steelers have won the majority of the meetings lately, but don't act like you all are just sittin back in your recliners not worried or thinking about this game. Or beating your chest how Flacco sucks, Suggs is a thug, Steelers are classy, B-more is trash, they can't win in primetime in P-burg, etc. etc. Fans will be fans and cheer for their team, no matter what. Do I think it is going to be a brutal game... yup. Do you think the Ravens are gonna win again... yup. It's what it means to be a fan. You all take such "pride" about being a Steelers fan.... your not the only ones.

Here's to a good game. Go Ravens!!!

SteelCityMom
11-05-2011, 04:50 PM
You guys are a riot. I get the feeling that Steelers fans are the only ones allowed to cheer for their team or say they are going to win. Its a division game between the two teams that have been at the top of the division for the past couple years. It is always a smash mouth, beat down, drag out game on both sides that is typically decided by less than a touchdown. Yes the Steelers have won the majority of the meetings lately, but don't act like you all are just sittin back in your recliners not worried or thinking about this game. Or beating your chest how Flacco sucks, Suggs is a thug, Steelers are classy, B-more is trash, they can't win in primetime in P-burg, etc. etc. Fans will be fans and cheer for their team, no matter what. Do I think it is going to be a brutal game... yup. Do you think the Ravens are gonna win again... yup. It's what it means to be a fan. You all take such "pride" about being a Steelers fan.... your not the only ones.

You are quite a level headed fan...that much is for sure. There is no way you can deny though that this typical sentiment is shared by both sides fans. We hate you, you hate us. That's how it goes. Don't pretend that Steelers fans are the only ones doing this kind of trash talking on their forums though. That's the only thing that really annoys me about this whole rivalry...is that is seems Ravens fans feel like this is a one sided issue (the trash talking from fans). It's not...by any means.

I browse a couple of Ravens forums...and I have never once seen a Ravens fan say anything similar to what you just said towards their own fans (when it comes to trash talking the other team). Those kinds of posts are almost always met with internet high fives and rally cries for victory.

Just don't be that hypocrite that acts like their own teams fans don't do the same thing that we do.

With that said, I am certainly not one who is sittin' back feeling all good about this game. I never feel good about Ravens/Steelers matchups....despite the Steelers winning record against them. Anyone who says differently is delusional. Do I feel the Steelers have a decent chance of winning? Absolutely. They've improved significantly since week 1.

I think where Steelers fans sentiments lie in terms of Suggs trashtalking (and to a lesser degree, a couple of other Ravens players), is that they really haven't had anything significant to back it up with. I get that he's trying to pump his team up...but it just seems silly to me to have to do it publicly, all the while knowing that at the end of most games, the Steelers come out on top. This is something that Suggs, and any other Ravens player who want so talk trash, should keep to themselves or the locker room until they can really prove themselves when it matters.

Like SteelerFreak said...talk is cheap. You need to be able to consistently back up that talk with actions.

steelfury02
11-05-2011, 04:59 PM
very well put - that pretty much sums it up for me, its like the Jets talk about going to the Super Bowl - they beat their chest and then fall flat on their faces when the chips are down. They acted pretty high and mighty when they beat us in the regular season and then they came back and ate it

With the Ravens and some of their fans, its the same - last year you beat us in the first matchup but it really didn't get you anywhere - even when you swept us in 06' when our Benny boy was coming off some serious ailments, you didn't do anything with the opportunity - I just can't bring myself to think the Ravens are Super Bowl contenders because every time I think they are making the next step, they do something awful to just reconfirm my belief that their offense will choke things away for them - sorry, especially after a recent beating of the best offense in the league, I just can't help but feel the only way you'll win is if we turn it over - not by Uni beating us

Lastly, you expect some realism from Steelers fans, yet from what I can see, I have yet to hear anyone acknowledge the apparent regression of your QB, the zero production out of Lee Evans who you were all very high on and said it was the tipping point, the regression of your O-line, and Ngata being injured - plus the last two performances, win or lose, are nothing to get excited about. Flacco tried selling the comeback very hard by pumping his fist, but no one else is drinking the purple Kool-Aid - they look abysmal - Flacco already came out and stated as much - so let's all get a little real if we are going to point things out - if your team would have built on that whooping you put on us in wk 1 and have actually improved instead of the obvious regressing you are doing then I would be very worried and giving the Rats their due - but I just can't - sorry - hope for your sake I'm wrong but I doubt it - I don't see a scenario with this team at this moment coming into Heinz and taking it away from us - we have too many guys that know what to do with an opportunity like this so you'll just have to pry it from us . . . if you can

Nevermore
11-05-2011, 05:07 PM
I think where Steelers fans sentiments lie in terms of Suggs trashtalking (and to a lesser degree, a couple of other Ravens players), is that they really haven't had anything significant to back it up with. I get that he's trying to pump his team up...but it just seems silly to me to have to do it publicly, all the while knowing that at the end of most games, the Steelers come out on top. This is something that Suggs, and any other Ravens player who want so talk trash, should keep to themselves or the locker room until they can really prove themselves when it matters.

Like SteelerFreak said...talk is cheap. You need to be able to consistently back up that talk with actions.

That is who Suggs is. He is a product of Rex Ryan and in reality that is the identity of our defense. We put up a tough persona, ray dances out of the tunnel, Suggs raises fire, its who we are and what we do. No apologies.

As for backing it up, I think everyone would agree that Suggs typically does. He has been a beast agains the Steelers, but unfortunately there are 22 people who need to play well, not just 1. I would say most times the D backs up its swagger and really the D is typically the only one talking. If Joe was talking smack, I would be on your side... He needs to keep his mouth shut and keep working on his game.... all of it.

Bottom line, the Ravens, defense especially, are a tough talk team. Its who we are and what we do. You've got hines and a smile that makes me want to knock all of his teeth out every time I see it. We've got Suggs. If we were all nice and cuddly like the Titans (seriously, go to a game there... it is like a high school game. They have a racoon as a mascot! WTF?!) I would shoot myself.

So to you Steelers fans, I say bring it. I look forward to seeing Ben on his ass picking turf out of his helmet every time.

Good luck to your team.... you're gonna need it!!

GO RAVENS!!

Nevermore
11-05-2011, 05:13 PM
the zero production out of Lee Evans who you were all very high on

He's been hurt all season.... Hard to produce from the bench.

I will agree on Flacco though. He is the most talented inconsistent basket case I've seen. He comes out one game and looks like a beast.... then comes out the next and acts like he can't figure out how to tie his shoes. Most frustrating thing I've ever seen.

I wanted to kick him in the nuts last week after celebrating after the game. Boldin was just about the only person on that team I think should have been celebrating. He seemed to be the only one who cared and took it upon himself to light up.

The D was good, but it doesn't show as much when the O is keeping you on the field the whole game and giving the ball up on your own end of the field.

Like I've said before.... this game will seriously come down to which Flacco shows up. I feel the whole team goes as he goes. If he is on, I think our D gets some rest and is better than your O. If you put pressure on him and he gets rattled and spraying it all over, we'll have a tough time coming away with the W.

We'll see in about 26 hours!!

Let's do this!

GO RAVENS!

SteelCityMom
11-05-2011, 05:27 PM
That is who Suggs is. He is a product of Rex Ryan and in reality that is the identity of our defense. We put up a tough persona, ray dances out of the tunnel, Suggs raises fire, its who we are and what we do. No apologies.

As for backing it up, I think everyone would agree that Suggs typically does. He has been a beast agains the Steelers, but unfortunately there are 22 people who need to play well, not just 1. I would say most times the D backs up its swagger and really the D is typically the only one talking. If Joe was talking smack, I would be on your side... He needs to keep his mouth shut and keep working on his game.... all of it.

Bottom line, the Ravens, defense especially, are a tough talk team. Its who we are and what we do. You've got hines and a smile that makes me want to knock all of his teeth out every time I see it. We've got Suggs. If we were all nice and cuddly like the Titans (seriously, go to a game there... it is like a high school game. They have a racoon as a mascot! WTF?!) I would shoot myself.

So to you Steelers fans, I say bring it. I look forward to seeing Ben on his ass picking turf out of his helmet every time.

Good luck to your team.... you're gonna need it!!

GO RAVENS!!

No, believe me...I get it. That's what Porter was on our team. And of course it was fun, and the defense in general is about getting pumped up and "ready to kill".

Suggs has fantastic games against the Steelers...but like you said, his fantastic games don't correlate into wins for the most part. It was like when Anthony Smith was trying to trash talk the Patriots a few years back...and the Steelers just got their asses handed to them. It just doesn't make sense to me to publicly trash talk a team that you rarely win against. Save that for after the win IMO.

My main point though was that it's silly to pretend that Steelers fans are the only ones that do this kind of talking on their forums. This is something that goes on in nearly every teams forums....including the Ravens.

Both teams are going to need a lot of luck tomorrow. All I hope for is that no one is seriously injured. Should be a great game as always!

Danny136200
11-05-2011, 06:19 PM

First thing is first, no, I do not think the Ravens are going to beat the steelers, but thanks for trying to make my predictions for me. Second, the Steelers are not holier than thou, we have had our fair share of trash talkers in the past (Lee Flowers and Joey Porter). But what I am saying is that it seems that the Ravens, every single time the Steelers play them, open their mouths constantly, for six days, talking about how its going to be a war out there, or war was declared on them (seriously, WTF). They have always like to rib and poke the Steelers for six straight days. And also, I never mentioned, or question Raven fans' pride, don't know why you brought that up.

caplovestroyp43
11-05-2011, 08:21 PM
<<I look forward to seeing Ben on his ass picking turf out of his helmet every time>>

Here's to Flacco on his bacco and having a nice healthy portion of Heinz Field down his throat and straight up his candy ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whodis
11-06-2011, 07:45 AM
I love the trash talk!! The game is always huge and it has a playoff vibe.

A great piece I heard on talk radio after the AFC championship game a few years back, a writer was asked who is the best rivalry in football right now. he said Steelers / Ravens hands down. He asked "what other two teams in the NFL play each other with first place on the line every time they play"?

Bring on the home cooking!!!

FanSince72
11-06-2011, 08:08 AM
What would a rivalry be without trash talk?

Do you honestly expect people here or on any other forum to sit quietly and say only virtuous things about another team?

I'm a Steeler fan and have been for nearly 40 years and I'm a rational and etiquette-conscious person in my day to day life. But when it comes to supporting my team on gameday -- especially in a rivalry game such as this, that etiquette and rationality gives way to glazed-eyed fanaticism and all I see is black and gold.

So in the spirit of "being a fan", let me just say that the Ravens suck and we're going to grind you into dust and then sweep what's left of you into a garbage can destined for the nearest landfill!

Have the kind of day you deserve! :tt04::tt02::tt::tt03::applaudit:

truesteelerfan
11-06-2011, 08:13 AM
I agree with those of you on here who love the talk- it makes it so much more sweeter when we watch the Ravens sit there with nothing they can do as we line up in our Victory formation to run out the clock-

Here's to hoping we beat them so hard in the first half they don't come out of the locker room to finish the game!