PDA

View Full Version : Brokeback Bengals WR's

Suitanim
06-14-2006, 05:31 PM
I just read the touching story about the young manlove that exists between CJ and TJ in ESPN the Mag. Turns out they are both barely reformed thugs still just barely toeing the fine line (CJ's halftime assault on his coach in the Steelers playoff game, which was broken up by his boyfriend, TJ) between NFL athletes and recidivist criminals.

It was interesting to confirm just how stupid CJ REALLY is...I mean the dude was flunked out of several JUCO's until he almost certainly was allowed to simply play football while someone else took his tests and kept him eligible under Dennis Erickson at OSU. I loved the line about CJ constantly giving TJ a troubled look of stupidity after just about every play that was called in the huddle in college.

I will give TJ a bit of credit, although he DID spend his last night before transferring to OSU in jail for fighting which was only made worse by him assaulting the arresting officers. He got a GED, probably did pass his own classes, and found a role as CJ's tutor. It's almost certain that the Bengals knew that without TJ, CJ is just a lost bag of hammers, which explains why they signed him back last year.

It was really sweet to hear them refer to each other as an old married couple, and read the playful and loving banter between the two men. Personally I don't go in for that kind of thing, but it seems to work for them.

MattsMe
06-15-2006, 04:14 AM
It was really sweet to hear them refer to each other as an old married couple, and read the playful and loving banter between the two men. Personally I don't go in for that kind of thing, but it seems to work for them.

I found it a little disturbing too, but then I just got confused. If they're both "wide receivers", then who plays the man in the relationship?