PDA

View Full Version : Ratbird fans dusting off their favorite exscuse

MasterOfPuppets
11-05-2011, 09:56 PM
here's the top 3 threads on a ratbird forum......i guess this is what they mean by being "pro active" ...these guys start whining about the refs a few days in advance....:toofunny:
http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showthread.php?t=308800

1 No matter who plays Pittsburgh this always is asked

This was taken from the message board out of NE. There has to be some merit to the same question every game. Pittsburgh holds every play and especially on Blitzs. It is time for the NFL to look into why they are not being called like other teams are.

2 Do you think Pittsburgh gets ref calls
]simple question,yes or no

3 Does anybody know who the officiating crew will be on Sunday?

I was just wondering ....

stlrtruck
11-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Apparently they haven't seen the Steelers' LBs and D-Linemen getting clotheslined, grabbed and pulled down, and basically raped by the O-linemen of opposing teams while no laundry is thrown on the field.

But I've seen plenty of holds called against our O-linemen. I guess those other 31 teams don't hold at all. I once heard a quote that goes something like this...

You can call holding on almost every play in the NFL

It'll be interesting come Sunday night.

SoCalFan
11-05-2011, 10:56 PM
"Dude,when are you going to realize the Steelers have NEVER won a big game without help from the refs!"
REALLY,is this the level of intelligence we are dealing with over there???:noidea:

steelers33
11-05-2011, 11:01 PM
Its funny because Harrison is held all the time and he never gets the calls.

tanda10506
11-05-2011, 11:21 PM
Harrison is the most held player without a doubt. I've seen him get tackled. Woodley gets held often also. This year the officiating has been pretty decent, but last year we got a lot of bad calls. We are definetely singled out in fines, but I've never noticed bad officiating in Steelers-Ravens games.

OX1947
11-06-2011, 01:31 AM
I am looking forward to the annual "We gave it away" quote tomorrow from John Harbowel.

Mick0311
11-07-2011, 01:47 AM
Does anyone else see the irony in this post?

SteelCityMom
11-07-2011, 01:48 AM
Does anyone else see the irony in this post?

Nope. Win or lose, it's still funny that many Ravens fans were making ref excuses before the game. Our gripes about the refs (lack of call on Lewis) isn't an excuse for the loss. We're blaming the players.

Hope Harbaugh enjoyed his regular season Gatorade bath though. :sofunny:

T.Richardson
11-07-2011, 02:54 AM
Its funny because Harrison is held all the time and he never gets the calls.

beating a dead horse

Pedro Cerrano
11-07-2011, 09:16 AM
Nope. Win or lose, it's still funny that many Ravens fans were making ref excuses before the game. Our gripes about the refs (lack of call on Lewis) isn't an excuse for the loss. We're blaming the players.

Hope Harbaugh enjoyed his regular season Gatorade bath though. :sofunny:

I see plenty of posts in this forum blaming the refs and I read plenty of friends' posts on facebook who are Steelers' fans blaming the refs.

Look, the nature of the NFL these days is to blame the refs for bad calls, but rarely look at the calls that go in your favor.

Was the Ray hit on Hines and personal foul? Yes. But the holding call on the very first play of the game was suspect at best. I was watching with a Steeler fan and he even conceded that.

It works both ways, and to lump Ravens' fans (and nobody else) into this group of being whiners about the refs is intellectually dishonest.

SteelCityMom
11-07-2011, 09:22 AM
I see plenty of posts in this forum blaming the refs and I read plenty of friends' posts on facebook who are Steelers' fans blaming the refs.

Look, the nature of the NFL these days is to blame the refs for bad calls, but rarely look at the calls that go in your favor.

Was the Ray hit on Hines and personal foul? Yes. But the holding call on the very first play of the game was suspect at best. I was watching with a Steeler fan and he even conceded that.

It works both ways, and to lump Ravens' fans (and nobody else) into this group of being whiners about the refs is intellectually dishonest.

No, what you see are some bitching about the refs and their inconsistencies. When it comes to the loss in general though...that's on the players/coaches and that's who 99.9% of the people have been blaming.

Again, we don't make threads about whether or not the refs are going to screw us over, before the game. That's the telling difference. And it's not just Ravens fans either, so don't think I'm singling you out. There are plenty of other teams fans out there that make the silly assumption that the Steelers only win with the refs help...and there were quite a few threads/posts on a couple of different Ravens sites before the game to back up that notion.

The refs in general are shit though...and they keep getting worse every year. Everybody should be bitching about them to a certain extent...but not trying to blame them BEFORE the game is even played.

CargoJon
11-07-2011, 09:24 AM
Pedro Cerrano
Water Boy

Member Number: 19083

What are the odds you'd be here today if the game had went the other way?

Pedro Cerrano
11-07-2011, 09:26 AM
What are the odds you'd be here today if the game had went the other way?

I made a few posts before the game was even played. I like to talk about the game before and after it happens and came upon this site because it seemed to generate a decent amount of traffic and had good discussions.

Pedro Cerrano
11-07-2011, 09:27 AM
No, what you see are some bitching about the refs and their inconsistencies. When it comes to the loss in general though...that's on the players/coaches and that's who 99.9% of the people have been blaming.

Again, we don't make threads about whether or not the refs are going to screw us over, before the game. That's the telling difference. And it's not just Ravens fans either, so don't think I'm singling you out. There are plenty of other teams fans out there that make the silly assumption that the Steelers only win with the refs help...and there were quite a few threads/posts on a couple of different Ravens sites before the game to back up that notion.

The refs in general are shit though...and they keep getting worse every year. Everybody should be bitching about them to a certain extent...but not trying to blame them BEFORE the game is even played.

I think fans of every team in the NFL like to blame the refs when they lose.

SteelCityMom
11-07-2011, 09:32 AM
I think fans of every team in the NFL like to blame the refs when they lose.

Right, I get that...but you can't deny that the Steelers, out of any other team in the NFL, take the brunt of those reactions. The Patriots get a lot of it too because of Spygate...but I'm obviously a bit biased on this, since I feel dirty even reading their boards. :chuckle:

It's been hip to say the refs are in the Steelers pockets since SB 40. That's why, even though we'll bitch about poor reffing (and you're right...every teams fans do it), you'll rarely see many actually blame it on the refs. We've got our usual scapegoats for losses, but I've never, in all my time on this forum or any other, seen more than a handful of fans actually blame the refs and bad calls.

Pedro Cerrano
11-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Right, I get that...but you can't deny that the Steelers, out of any other team in the NFL, take the brunt of those reactions.

It's been hip to say the refs are in the Steelers pockets since SB 40. That's why, even though we'll bitch about poor reffing (and you're right...every teams fans do it), you'll rarely see many actually blame it on the refs. We've got our usual scapegoats for losses, but I've never, in all my time on this forum or any other, seen more than a handful of fans actually blame the refs and bad calls.

Fair enough.