PDA

View Full Version : Steelers fans in Boston?

Sportsgrl113
06-14-2006, 11:52 PM
I recently moved to Boston and am looking for a good place to watch the games in the fall and connect with some home town folks in this area. Any good Pittsburgh bars here? The Ben Roethlisberger incident really made me want to meet some Pittsburgh people here. No one in my Boston office could really relate to Ben's accident and made a lot of comments and jokes about him not wearing a helmet ( we all know it wasn't the best thing for him to be doing, its just annoying for other people who are not Steelers fans to make a joke of it)

Anyway, Go Steelers and get well Ben!

Indy_Steelers
06-15-2006, 05:22 AM
her are a few in the area. for more steelers bars go to http://www.post-gazette.com/steelers/steelerbars_list.asp

Massachusetts
Doc's Sports Bar & Grille Rt 16 Milford, MA
Old Timer 155 Church St Clinton, MA
Roggie's Brew & Grille 356 Chesnut Hill Ave Brighton, MA 02135
Roggie's on the Avenue 1249 Commonwealth Ave Allston, MA
Sports Depot 333 Cambridge St Allston, MA
The Common Ground 8387 Harvard Avenue Allston, MA 2134
The Hanger University Drive Amherst, MA
Union St. Grill Union St Newton, MA

3 to be 4
06-15-2006, 05:41 AM
hahaha

that website is such bullshit. i lived in Boston for years. the Sports Depot is HARDLY a Steelers Bar. in fact, ive heard its closed now. You go to a lot of these places and not cheer on the Patriots you probably get abused something bad.

Big D
07-14-2006, 12:50 PM
hahaha

that website is such bullshit. i lived in Boston for years. the Sports Depot is HARDLY a Steelers Bar. in fact, ive heard its closed now. You go to a lot of these places and not cheer on the Patriots you probably get abused something bad.
I live in boston what sports bars do you suggest

Lyn
07-14-2006, 01:35 PM
I recently moved to Boston and am looking for a good place to watch the games in the fall and connect with some home town folks in this area. Any good Pittsburgh bars here? The Ben Roethlisberger incident really made me want to meet some Pittsburgh people here. No one in my Boston office could really relate to Ben's accident and made a lot of comments and jokes about him not wearing a helmet ( we all know it wasn't the best thing for him to be doing, its just annoying for other people who are not Steelers fans to make a joke of it)

Anyway, Go Steelers and get well Ben!

There are a huge amount of Steeler fans in the Boston area, in fact I was amazed at all the Steeler Power we have there. Good luck to you on finding a good Steeler bar. I know they are out there because many in my club from that area have talked about it. :)

Jeremy
07-14-2006, 01:43 PM
At the risk of mentioning another message board......the Steeler's scout site has a long timer from Boston named BeantownSteel. I'm sure he could help you out.

CrushonHines
07-17-2006, 02:15 PM
I have lived in Boston for 3 years and I still haven't found a "Steeler Hangout." But when the games aren't on tv here, I usually go to Our House East on Gainsborough St. It is near the Northeastern campus. It is kind of a hole in the wall. But they have the football package and play all the games every week and it usually isn't crowded. It is the kind of place you don't feel bad about taking up a table by yourself for the whole game.

Big D
07-17-2006, 02:45 PM
is there any place south shore that has the nfl ticket

sculleyd
08-25-2006, 09:42 AM
There is an excellent Steelers bar in Boston:

http://www.roggies.com for directions

Once the season starts, we get the entire basement bar to ourselves, with the Steelers game on every TV, and it's packed to standing-room-only with black-n-gold. The sign on the door says "Now leaving Boston... Welcome to Pittsburgh!" I wouldn't want to watch the game anywhere else in Boston.

There will be a group of us watching the third preseason game there tonight -- come join us!

Lyn
08-25-2006, 10:55 AM
There is an excellent Steelers bar in Boston:

http://www.roggies.com for directions

Once the season starts, we get the entire basement bar to ourselves, with the Steelers game on every TV, and it's packed to standing-room-only with black-n-gold. The sign on the door says "Now leaving Boston... Welcome to Pittsburgh!" I wouldn't want to watch the game anywhere else in Boston.

There will be a group of us watching the third preseason game there tonight -- come join us!

This is a great place, they also have an online Steeler club on Yahoo. They used to meet at the Sports Depot but now they meet at Roggies. The club on yahoo is for general discussion of the Boston area Black & Gold Brigage Steelers fan club, who meet at Roggies every week to watch all Steelers games. Anyone interested in their online club email contact me at steelerlyn@aol.com