PDA

View Full Version : kickoff and Troy

NoFieldFive
11-06-2011, 09:31 AM
it's been what 4 games in a row now scoring on opening drive. if we win the kickoff do we take the ball? I would take the ball first but I think they would likely elect to kick and play defense first

when Troy blitzes from the linebacker area he seems to get picked up easily by a running back...not getting pressure and leaving someone opened. it seems he does best timing the snap and starting at the line of scrimmage. from what I've seen i would not send Troy starting a ways off the line of scrimmage.

stlrtruck
11-06-2011, 09:34 AM
I say anytime you win the toss, you defer to the second half.

I prefer to have our defense on the field first, set the tone, and knock some heads in the process. Then let the offense come out and demoralize the other team's defense.

Chadmagic
11-06-2011, 11:28 AM
I agree, if you win, you defer. Most games are hard for a visiting team to get started and into a rhythm. Especially at Hines Field on Ravens Week! So, I say let them have the ball first and waste the first drive and first few minutes of the clock.

tanda10506
11-06-2011, 11:39 AM
I also would defer. What we need from troy is an interception, last year he made a few good interceptions, this year he hasn't made any big plays other than the ball punch wich I dont even know if that was legal. An interception and a sack from him would help this defense a lot.

Steeler4life1972
11-06-2011, 12:12 PM
I totally agree with deferring!!!!

SoCalFan
11-06-2011, 12:22 PM
We are the Steelers so YES defer!!! I also cringe at times when Troy blitzes,until he gets a sack/fumble....A risk I like he takes!!!