PDA

View Full Version : Steelers defense exposed Pats offense?

steelerchad
11-06-2011, 05:51 PM
Did the Steelers defense lay the blueprint for defeating the high powered Pats offense, much like the Pats offense layed the blueprint for defeating our run dominant defense last year?

By playing press man and getting some pressure they smothered Brady only allowing a 9 yard TD drive after an INT and a late score. This week the Giants have held the Pats scoreless at the half right now.

tanda10506
11-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Could be, I'm almost equally shocked that the Giants haven't scored on that horrible defense. The passing game is the ONLY thing the Pats have and we did show everybody how to beat it last week. If the passing offense struggles just a little bit, they have a slim chance of winning.

Chadmagic
11-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Again it shows that Brady cannot handle any kind of pressure. If you get in his face at all you can come away with a W. Which to me shows that Brady is only as good as his o-line. Take away that front 7 and Brady would be a backup QB by now.

steelers33
11-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Its a copy cat league brotha. Remember when the Ravens chop blocked us week one, and teams we versed after them tried to do the same thing. You just have to adjust, and we have but I don't know if the Pats can. Belicheck can do only so much with the talent he has.

tanda10506
11-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Its a copy cat league brotha. Remember when the Ravens chop blocked us week one, and teams we versed after them tried to do the same thing. You just have to adjust, and we have but I don't know if the Pats can. Belicheck can do only so much with the talent he has.

Exactly. Look at some of the players they had on defense in their 16-0 season, now the only one I know of is a rookie and Willfork. They have as much talent as they need on offense, they have one of the best O lines, Welker and Branch, Gronkowski and Hernandez, and Green-Ellis is ok. No team though can keep winning if the offense is required to score 30+points every game.

DanRooney
11-06-2011, 07:02 PM
We did? Umm the blueprint to beat them was there when the Giants beat them in the SB 3 years ago. Jets used the same thing in the playoffs last year. Rob Ryan used it with the Browns and should have done it the week before we used press to win. LeBeau copied and adjusted.

GMU Steeler
11-06-2011, 07:39 PM
what a crazy game.

Ricco Suavez
11-06-2011, 07:45 PM
We did? Umm the blueprint to beat them was there when the Giants beat them in the SB 3 years ago. Jets used the same thing in the playoffs last year. Rob Ryan used it with the Browns and should have done it the week before we used press to win. LeBeau copied and adjusted.

I will disagree that LeBeau copied the Giants game plan. Their game plan was to pressure with their front seven and make Brady rush his throws. The Giants had a more mediocre secondary than we have had. LeBeau on the other hand played tight with his secondary and our DE with timely rushes by LBers did pretty much the same thing but our secondary played much better than in the past. Same results but not quite the same. I have always said the entire Defense should of gotten MVP not Eli Manning.

DoctorCAD
11-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Well, it didn't work...

SteelMayhem29
11-06-2011, 11:50 PM
Exactly. Look at some of the players they had on defense in their 16-0 season, now the only one I know of is a rookie and Willfork. They have as much talent as they need on offense, they have one of the best O lines, Welker and Branch, Gronkowski and Hernandez, and Green-Ellis is ok. No team though can keep winning if the offense is required to score 30+points every game.

Couldnt agree more