PDA

View Full Version : Ray Ray KO's Hines - Hines please retire this year

harts
11-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Hines looks like an old man out there.
Good hit by Ray Ray but Hines is past his time.
He has done enough for Pittsburgh
Time for
Young Money to make their money

btaylor179
11-06-2011, 09:16 PM
good hit????? it was helmit to helmit......they sure call that on clark last week....WOW

Steeler Couch
11-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Should've been helmet-to-helmet and a 1st down.

SteelCityMom
11-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Yeah, good hit my ass. Should have been a penalty. Ray Ray will be getting a fine this week though for sure.

rd31669
11-06-2011, 09:31 PM
Ray will pay 15k for that scum bag hit... Harts learn the game before you make comments talking retirement

btaylor179
11-06-2011, 09:56 PM
just like i said......they call it on clark but ray gets away with it....wow

btaylor179
11-06-2011, 09:57 PM
walt coleman and his crew are the worse

TRH
11-06-2011, 10:04 PM
so, heading into halftime.....let me get this straight :

Ray Lewis hits Hines Ward head on helmet-to-helmet = NO flag/penalty

Ryan Clark makes a hit that happened with his helmet at the end of the half = unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, 15 hurtful yards.

Am i missing something here?????????????//

Drizztbob
11-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Nope thats about right.

truesteelerfan
11-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Everybody remember- we beat Goodell's golden boys last week- even he bet against us this week with all the instructions he gave the refs for tonights game. This really is becoming Steeler Nation against the NFL

truesteelerfan
11-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Everybody remember- we beat Goodell's golden boys last week- even he bet against us this week with all the instructions he gave the refs for tonights game. This really is becoming Steeler Nation against the NFL

btaylor179
11-06-2011, 10:26 PM
WHY DO WE RUN THAT STUPID WR SCREEN????????SUGGS PICKS IT OFF.......THE WR SCREEN NEVER WORKS AND JUST COST US BIG TIME

mizzouristeeler
11-06-2011, 10:32 PM
And ben called the screen in the no huddle. Wtf

DoctorCAD
11-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Yeah, good hit my ass. Should have been a penalty. Ray Ray will be getting a fine this week though for sure.

Doubtful, he will probably be voted Goodell's "Player of The Week" and will GET $15000 added to his salary.

fred
11-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Clark was hit with a penalty......... :(

SteelMayhem29
11-06-2011, 11:55 PM
Heins has three good years left

SunshineMan21
11-07-2011, 12:12 AM
lol . . . Clark got flagged for literally the same play.

tanda10506
11-07-2011, 12:47 AM
Age has nothing to do with that hit. If Hines gets an open shot on Lewis he can knock him out too like he has other guys plenty of times. Of course the flag wasn't thrown, these were the worst refs I've seen in a few years, the problem with the refs is there is no penalty applied against them for officiating like sh@t, therefore they will continue to half ass it and make bad calls, the obvious bad calls were probably asked for by Goodell, no joke.

Militant X 1
11-07-2011, 02:07 AM
hey guys...Ravens fan here. great game tonight! down to the wire as usual. glad we won though.

Ward did look bad after that hit by Ray. i hope he is alright and i know my boy Ray will get a fine for that one. sometimes the momentum is too much for these cats to pull up on hits. do you guys feel Ward is done?

~Mili

Mick0311
11-07-2011, 02:39 AM
so, heading into halftime.....let me get this straight :

Ray Lewis hits Hines Ward head on helmet-to-helmet = NO flag/penalty

Ryan Clark makes a hit that happened with his helmet at the end of the half = unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, 15 hurtful yards.

Am i missing something here?????????????//

You honestly don't see a difference between the two? You all are funny. :tt03:

Sixburgher
11-07-2011, 02:52 AM

Are you trying to say that Lewis didn't hit Ward helmet to helmet? Really? That's a penalty and it should've drawn a flag. Don't be a jackass.

SteelCityMom
11-07-2011, 02:56 AM

Are you saying Ray's hit was legal? GTFO Troll.

#1LambertFan
11-07-2011, 04:48 AM
I saw Clark turn his head away in effort to not hit helmet to helmet. But what do I know? Goodell is changing rules so fast he doesn't know what's wrong from right (if he ever did). 2012 SD shirts should read "Go to Hell Goodell" on the back and some catchy slogan for our 8th super bowl run!

Rick5895
11-07-2011, 06:34 AM
I saw Clark turn his head away in effort to not hit helmet to helmet. But what do I know? Goodell is changing rules so fast he doesn't know what's wrong from right (if he ever did). 2012 SD shirts should read "Go to Hell Goodell" on the back and some catchy slogan for our 8th super bowl run!

Clark looked like he turned his body and hit with his back to the receiver, but under the rules it was a penalty, as was Ray 's hit on Hines. The officiating this season has been awful at best. The raiders/Broncos game earlier was a travesty.
That all being said, we can whine all day/week/year about the officiating, but we still have to overcome. We get the Bungles next and that is our most important game of the season. We can't lose anymore division games or conference games for that matter.
TBH I don't see us losing more than once the rest of the way and finish with a 12-4 record.

:tt04:

TRH
11-07-2011, 07:49 AM
hey guys...Ravens fan here. great game tonight! down to the wire as usual. glad we won though.

Ward did look bad after that hit by Ray. i hope he is alright and i know my boy Ray will get a fine for that one. sometimes the momentum is too much for these cats to pull up on hits. do you guys feel Ward is done?

~Mili

As bad as i feel about the loss (we could've easily won the game), i can sit here and say "the better team" won. At least so far into the season.
We had no answer for the last drive. Congrats on the win. Hopefully our team gets better.

BritishSteel
11-07-2011, 08:34 AM
Clark looked like he turned his body and hit with his back to the receiver, but under the rules it was a penalty, as was Ray 's hit on Hines. The officiating this season has been awful at best. The raiders/Broncos game earlier was a travesty.
That all being said, we can whine all day/week/year about the officiating, but we still have to overcome. We get the Bungles next and that is our most important game of the season. We can't lose anymore division games or conference games for that matter.
TBH I don't see us losing more than once the rest of the way and finish with a 12-4 record.

:tt04:

Good post - The problem with changing the rules on a whim is that everyone else has to understand them - the Clark hit and the hit on Hines were both Penalties, only one gets called. Congrats Goodell, even your own officials don't know what they're supposed to be flagging. You must be very proud.

All that said, it's still up to us to overcome, and it's not always us that suffer, and it's not as if that call was the reason why we couldn't make a stop on the final drive.

harts
11-09-2011, 04:41 AM
Heins has three good years left

What???????
I guess he could play 3 more years - that's if he wants to end up in a wheelchair and a invalid by the time he is 50

I believe Ray Ray has 3 more good years left but not Hines

lucikily the staff took Hines' helmet away after Ray Ray's hit

Yes it was illegal and should have been flagged
as Ray Ray was trying to to take HInes out and he succeeded

that's football though

I been saying this since last year (check my posts)
Hines has given enough to this game
His continued play is affecting his long term health

Hines if you are reading this RETIRE
It's not worth it man!
You look old

micraydim
11-09-2011, 06:45 AM
Time for

Yah , you are right . on your side

Big Daddy Beast
11-09-2011, 07:28 AM
I agree it's time for him to hang up the cleats. He's had a stellar career and shouldn't risk his future health much more. He'll always hold a place in our hearts for being able to take a hit as well as land one, for not being a prima donna like many of his modern day successful WR brethren, for being a leader, and for that smile.

Maybe he could do some broadcasting or analyst work for a few years and if he still has that itch to be close to the game and Pittsburgh, give it a shot at being a WR coach.

SoCalFan
11-09-2011, 09:50 AM
Time for

Who are you?Go crawl under a rock! Ray blantantly knocked out a LEGENDARY Steeler and you call it a good hit?:noidea:

BleedPurple
11-11-2011, 01:20 AM
Ray will pay 15k for that scum bag hit... Harts learn the game before you make comments talking retirement

I don't think it should have been fined or penalized. I feel the same way about Clark's hit. This is football, not futball. It's a contact sport. If that was a TP hit on Q I guarantee you would feel the same way, am I right? I mean, these hits are something that used to make the highlight reel on ESPN.

Fire Arians
11-11-2011, 01:29 AM
I don't think it should have been fined or penalized. I feel the same way about Clark's hit. This is football, not futball. It's a contact sport. If that was a TP hit on Q I guarantee you would feel the same way, am I right? I mean, these hits are something that used to make the highlight reel on ESPN.

i agree neither should be fined, they are both BS fines. to be honest I was more upset about clark's fine than the outcome of the game. steelers lose, fine, but don't change the game i love

JCPsteelers
11-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Seems like Cotchery is ahead of Hines now. Kind of sad seeing HInes on the sideline now but I have to admit as a fan he's not as good as Brown or Wallace. And the coaches seem to think Cotchery is better now. And when Sanders gets back is he even going to be active on gameday?

Steel Peon
11-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Fake Steeler fan warning! Troll alert! Confirmed dumbass sighting!

jjpro11
11-14-2011, 07:21 PM
Seems like Cotchery is ahead of Hines now. Kind of sad seeing HInes on the sideline now but I have to admit as a fan he's not as good as Brown or Wallace. And the coaches seem to think Cotchery is better now. And when Sanders gets back is he even going to be active on gameday?

he'll likely be #5 and active. i'd love to see him get 1000 catches.. it's gonna be tough though. 19 receptions away with 7 games to go.

harts
11-17-2011, 05:07 AM

Please!
Fan since 79 - I am 37 by the way - do the math - most of my life a Steeler fan
Check my posts - I have been saying this since last year,
HInes doesn't know when to say when
Which is what made him great but what has led him to hold on for too long

Look at Hines - it's as simple as doing a picture comaprison of Hines this year vs Hines picture 7 years ago

Hines looks old, weathered and beat up now -
He needs to coach

Steel Peon
11-17-2011, 10:10 AM
Please!
Well here's some math you're bad at........Ray Lewis, you know.......the Ratshit you HIGHLIGHTED as knocking Hines out......is actually 1 year older than Ward. I mean, how much stupider of an example could you possibly have used? I don't think a real fan would glorify a Ratshit player, who you don't seem to think is too old to play. You sound like an oafish, stupid, disrespectful troll to me.

In fact I think you should retire from your career as a forum poaster.......yeah, you've clearly lost your touch. When you've become too quick to shit on a champion, and a legendary Steeler, who helped mold the team you're supposedly a fan of, then it's time to hang it up. I'll make you a deal........when Ward retires, you do too.......deal?

SoCalFan
11-17-2011, 11:01 AM
Please!
Check my posts - I have been saying this since last year,
HInes doesn't know when to say when
Which is what made him great but what has led him to hold on for too long

Look at Hines - it's as simple as doing a picture comaprison of Hines this year vs Hines picture 7 years ago

Hines looks old, weathered and beat up now -
He needs to coach

SERIOUSLY a real fan wouldnt say some shit like that!Disrespecting a Steeler legend!This organization is built on tradition and us "real" fans dont forget what the good players have done for this team,any year!We have the utmost respect for those guys!You want to piss some people off,disrespect a legend! Yes Hines has slowed a bit and NO he is not crying about his new lesser role,the guy wants to simply help his team win! We have some good recievers now,but I still want him on the field in certain situations! Believe me,he will know when to step down,that time is coming soon,but like any legend,you got to let that guy make that decision,not some "fan" crying about him being old,he has earned that!!!

wera176
11-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Not disagreeing with you too much CoCalFan, but didn't we fans (as a collective) boo Bradshaw off the field at the end and were pushing for Noll and Harris to go at the end of their careers? Talk about legends...

I decided a long time ago that I'm a Steeler fan, not a fan of any one player.

Having said all that, what Harts said was disrespectful and Hines doesn't deserve that. He can still play, and I still love seeing 86 pull in those tough 3rd down conversations and TDs.

queeg
11-17-2011, 02:04 PM

A regretable post...where is this forum moderator? There are lots of cussing and uneducated behavior by sports bar rejects!!!

Fire Arians
11-17-2011, 02:18 PM
A regretable post...where is this forum moderator? There are lots of cussing and uneducated behavior by sports bar rejects!!!

go to stillers.com, they're a lot more classy and never swear over there.

i think you'll like that StillMill fella, he's a real gentleman!

theplatypus
11-17-2011, 03:15 PM

You can go straight from watching Glenn Beck and Nancy Grace to reading their bs reports on how much Woodley sucks, Dick Lebeau doesn't know what he's doing blah blah blah. It would be a whole day of sensationalist bs.

NoFieldFive
11-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Ray missed this tackle....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w8M3lzsW9g

theplatypus
11-17-2011, 03:20 PM

I laughed my ass off on that play.

SteelBlaze1
11-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Interesting stat I read on ESPN blog today:

STEELERS: For those wondering how little wide receiver Hines Ward was used on Sunday, ESPN Stats & Information said Ward played in nine of the Steelers' 70 offensive snaps. That's 12.9 percent. Comparatively, wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery was on the field for 37 of those 70 plays, which is 52.9 percent.

StainlessStill
11-17-2011, 03:57 PM

....and at this very moment, Goodell is ordering the NFL to burn up this tape of this play. Ray Lewis NEVER gets his knees busted! Lmao.

StainlessStill
11-17-2011, 04:04 PM

Before coming over here, I was a member of stillers.com. That place went up in complete garbage. There is almost NO more traffic over there and Still Mill's antics are as old as Bee Arthur's vajayjay. I was just appalled when just MINUTES after the Super Bowl win over Arizona, that he wanted Dick LeBeau fired because of the Fitzgerald play and broke down why it was all LeBeau's fault and how he sucks. MINUTES after our 6th ring! It was commical.

I called him out on how we just won the Super Bowl and save the usual sour-puss crap for later and he banned me, lmao. That place use to be a good read for entertainment purpose's only but now it's just a joke. He has a "Wooded-Dong" article now? REALLY? EDIT: Just took a peek for quite some time and he's still up LeBeau's a$$. What a loser.

theplatypus
11-17-2011, 04:12 PM
Before coming over here, I was a member of stillers.com. That place went up in complete garbage. There is almost NO more traffic over there and Still Mill's antics are as old as Bee Arthur's vajayjay. I was just appalled when just MINUTES after the Super Bowl win over Arizona, that he wanted Dick LeBeau fired because of the Fitzgerald play and broke down why it was all LeBeau's fault and how he sucks. MINUTES after our 6th ring! It was commical.

I called him out on how we just won the Super Bowl and save the usual sour-puss crap for later and he banned me, lmao. That place use to be a good read for entertainment purpose's only but now it's just a joke. He has a "Wooded-Dong" article now? REALLY? EDIT: Just took a peek for quite some time and he's still up LeBeau's a$$. What a loser.

Troy P getting burned because he was out postition and they want DL fired. :blah: That's pretty typical for those clowns. I think their comment about DL after beating the Patriots was something along the lines of even a blind squirrel gets a nut eventually.

Buddha Bus
11-17-2011, 04:46 PM

:toofunny: Now that's some ironic shit right there.

That's like me saying "God I hate fat people." :rofl:

Fire Arians
11-17-2011, 04:50 PM

lol yeah he banned my first account because i said something about the committee being a joke, and was probably made up of rosy palm and her five sisters. he gave me a warning, then i sent him a PM back telling him to go suck a dick :chuckle:

anyway yeah i used to be a member there, kinda only go back there for comic relief. site isn't close to being active anymore

Steel Peon
11-17-2011, 10:50 PM
I hope you don't get a PM like this:
"This is mutiny Mr Queeg. I'll see you swing from the highest yardarm in Titan docking bay for this days work." :chuckle:

Your sarcastic humor wasn't lost on me........the site has it's moments, but mostly resembles walking into a blast furnace lined wall to wall with mostly amusing assholes.
You can go straight from watching Glenn Beck and Nancy Grace to reading their bs reports on how much Woodley sucks, Dick Lebeau doesn't know what he's doing blah blah blah. It would be a whole day of sensationalist bs.
Oh, so you've been there too.
Lol, you too, huh............definitely comical.
anyway yeah i used to be a member there, kinda only go back there for comic relief. site isn't close to being active anymore
Ok, so I guess I really didn't need to add anything to this discussion I guess........everyone seems to be pretty up to speed on this train wreck of a venue.

So, now I gotta think to myself: "Why do I even go there?......And would I admit to it?" Yeah sure, why not admit it.......a good point here and there are well highlighted. If there's one thing I will always give Mill credit for, is that he's meticulous in his breakdowns of the game, and rarely do I disagree with his letter grades.......except for the dudes he's got a vendetta out for, i.e. LeBeau and Woodley. He started out years ago in the right direction, when he regularly put Jason Gildon(g) and Bill Cowher on the grill and gave them a good reaming. Now though, after winning 2 championships, he's low on whipping boys, so he's had to really scrape the bottom of the culpability barrel now. Wood had it mostly coming at the beginning of the season, but now that he's on the way up Mill won't give him credit for anything, and will always find a way of turning anything positive into an insult about him not doing enough. He re-uses a few insults here and there, but I usually get a chuckle or 2 out of his rants about Woodley, or whoever. Hell, I hardly find any reason to go there on a good week, and his breakdowns after a loss are one of my few consolations during those weeks. I honestly don't enjoy hearing him say anything positive, and maybe I don't feel he's allowed to after all the bile he's spewed.

All in all though, it's almost impossible to find any 2 people at all who would agree on everything about their sports team, so I wouldn't expect him to be any different. I guess I kinda feel bad for getting enjoyment out of reading some fan shit all over the Steelers, and then join in, but quite honestly I don't even come close to agreeing with everything he says. Just realize that he's going to go completely the f*&k overboard criticizing everyone he can, and you learn to ignore more insane accusations.

One more thing, when they predict a loss you can put that one down in the L column about 99% of the time.......the other 1% of the time Mill would just say they only adjusted to prove him wrong by winning.

Polamalu43
11-18-2011, 12:39 AM
Time for

Of course it was a good hit, Helmet to Helmet! but it's gonna be a sad sad day when Hines Ward retires..

ricardisimo
11-18-2011, 01:45 AM
Truly! Such malediction and execration! I'll have no more of it! A pox on each and every one of you.

Big Daddy Beast
11-18-2011, 09:29 AM
Truly! Such malediction and execration! I'll have no more of it! A pox on each and every one of you.
Hehe. You know what would have been the cherry on the top for your post? If you'd said "Ni!" a few times at the end.

Big Daddy Beast
11-18-2011, 12:34 PM

Jeez, I just checked the place out, and this is what's at the top left corner:
Fan Poll
After the 92-yard fiasco, finally convinced its time for Dick to retire?

Yes, absolutely. Time for Mister 92 to pack it up.
No, I am not very bright & I need to see more 4Q collapses.

So if you don't agree with the guy running that place about one of the best DCs in the NFL you're not very bright? Nice way to run a site.

Fire Arians
11-18-2011, 12:38 PM
Fan Poll

So if you don't agree with the guy running that place about one of the best DCs in the NFL you're not very bright? Nice way to run a site.

pretty much. that's why the only active members there are the ones with that same level of negativity as him. I wonder if he even can enjoy a steelers win?

I do still go back to read his reviews because they're funny though.

Steel Peon
11-18-2011, 04:41 PM
Fan Poll

Funny as hell, huh? Part of me thinks he's goes apeshit and exaggerates on purpose just to be funny......who knows?
that's why the only active members there are the ones with that same level of negativity as him. I wonder if he even can enjoy a steelers win?
Nope, he's no fun after a win.......but who needs him then?

harts
11-20-2011, 02:27 AM
SERIOUSLY a real fan wouldnt say some shit like that!Disrespecting a Steeler legend!This organization is built on tradition and us "real" fans dont forget what the good players have done for this team,any year!We have the utmost respect for those guys!You want to piss some people off,disrespect a legend! Yes Hines has slowed a bit and NO he is not crying about his new lesser role,the guy wants to simply help his team win! We have some good recievers now,but I still want him on the field in certain situations! Believe me,he will know when to step down,that time is coming soon,but like any legend,you got to let that guy make that decision,not some "fan" crying about him being old,he has earned that!!!

Has he earned when to go out on his terms?
Absolutely - which is why he is probably around this year.
But it is clear this season that wether Hines wants it or not he will not be a Steeler next year

I love the way Hines plays - and 20 years from now I hope he is doing well - but to me he looks like he is pushing himself to limits that will damage him later in life

Football is such a brutal game - I cheer for the team and the players that play for them as individuals.

To Most fans the players are interchangeable high priced pawns that are to be used to benefit the King (i.e the Team)

Many see Hines as a Pawn not an individual which is why they could care less about his health and only about his current ability to contribute to the success of the TEAM.

Mike Webster always comes to mind as he played with so many concussions that I believe led to his death later in life.

I dont want that for Hines

harts
11-20-2011, 10:52 AM
Of course it was a good hit, Helmet to Helmet! but it's gonna be a sad sad day when Hines Ward retires..

Hines made the same hits on Ed Reed and others countless times in the past.
Was the hit illegal?
Yes by today's screwed up standards it was illegal but it was a good hit - thats football IMO

Years ago Hines shakes that off and keeps playing but since he is so old - he cant

Yes it will be a sad day when he retires but for his long term health the sooner he retires the better

finesward
11-20-2011, 11:13 AM
One more thing, when they predict a loss you can put that one down in the L column about 99% of the time.......the other 1% of the time Mill would just say they only adjusted to prove him wrong by winning.

I used to post over there, and would often post the crow for mill to eat when he was in the wrong, but since then he's banned anyone who has the balls to call him out for his rediculousness. I found it fun abusing him on his own site....until he banned me...lol I kept pointing out how his site had turned into a ghost of a message board since he started becoming delusional (maybe in his old age?) When he started deleting my posts that didn't agree with him or proved him wrong thats when I knew the site was officially a joke. There are still a few people who give him the business when he is wrong, and most recently it was when he predicted the pats would come in and dominate the steelers. LOL Woops, he was nowhere to be found in that thread after the game was over. His excuse for Woodley getting sacks was that James Harrison was always getting the extra help and freed him up, then Harrison goes down and Woodley continues to put up sacks, going on a tear. Then it was, "in this scheme any LB'er could get the sacks that Woodley gets" Then Woodley goes down and is replaced by Worilds, and Worilds gets 0 sacks in his place. The guy is a joke. He's got all the balls in the world for someone sitting behind a computer who is able to delete posts and ban those who tell him how much of an asshole he is.