PDA

View Full Version : Trash Talking Fans Revel in Misfortune

Pages : [1] 2

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-15-2006, 08:17 AM
Trash-talking NFL fans waste no time reveling in Roethlisberger's misfortune
Thursday, June 15, 2006

By Ray Fittipaldo, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

For those who thought Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer displayed a childish attitude in Sports Illustrated a few weeks back when he proclaimed "I hate the Steelers," wait until they get a load of what some Bengals fans had to say in the moments after Ben Roethlisberger's motorcycle accident Monday.

As the news and pictures were posted on internet Web sites, Bengals backers at Bengalsforum.com made light of the fact that the Steelers' quarterback had sustained severe injuries, with many of them proclaiming that justice had been served. A few Cincinnati fans said in their messages that it served Roethlisberger and the Steelers right because former Steelers defensive end Kimo von Oelhoffen, they contended, intentionally injured Palmer in an AFC wild-card game at Paul Brown Stadium in January.

"Irony, they cheap shot their way to a Super Bowl, now karma comes in," wrote a poster with the handle Spain.

Another poster with the handle jjakg27 wrote: "What comes around ..."

Cantonbengal posted: "This is what I been waiting to see happen to the Steelers they all laughed at us when Carson went down. At least, Carson isn't [stupid] like Ben ... hopefully he might miss some time this season."

The messages were posted in the moments or hours after the accident Monday when the severity of Roethlisberger's condition was unclear.

The ill will toward Roethlisberger and the Steelers was not confined to Cincinnati cyberspace. Message boards from around the NFL were filled with tasteless comments about Roethlisberger and the accident. At The brownsboard.com, a Cleveland Browns fan site, one poster dubbed the quarterback "Ben Toothlessberger" and noted that he is now "right at home with all those Pittsburgh inbreds."

A poster with the handle flugel wondered: "who is wearing a bigger turban today? Bin Laden or Ben Ridin'?" Flugel also noted that "there's something about Steelers quarterbacks bouncing off hard surfaces that keeps this rivalry fun."

That was a reference to Terry Bradshaw getting dumped on his head by Cleveland defensive lineman Joe "Turkey" Jones at old Municipal Stadium in 1976.

Fans of the Baltimore Ravens also got into the act. Only moments after the accident, Revo2001 posted: "HAHA" followed by an expletive. A few hours later CRAVNRAVN posted: "Raven baby are now the favs to claim the division!"

So why do some football fans react in such a crazed manner in the wake of a potential tragedy?

Dr. Paul Friday, the director of clinical psychology at UPMC Shady Side, said the posters of these comments are people with psychological problems whose brains never fully developed.
Friday said the human brain does not fully develop until 25 years of age, which, he said, might explain why Roethlisberger, who is 24, decided to ride a motorcycle without a helmet. Friday said the posters are either too young to know better or are people whose brains never completely wired, which can happen due to a number of circumstances, including class and culture.
"The people who are blogging in Cincinnati, they're the ones whose brains never fully develop," Friday said. "They don't perspectivize human tragedy. They don't learn to think effectively. These people are not normal. We're talking about a fringe element. We're dealing with the screaming people who are venting. These are elements that are not representative of their communities. They are representatives of their own minds."

Friday said posters on Internet message boards hide behind their keyboards and write things they would never have the courage to say aloud in public. He said posters who write tasteless messages use football and the rivalries between teams as a way of getting out their aggression in a non-violent manner. It's not necessarily a new phenomenon, just one that is more evident because of the instant communication that is available via the Internet.

"We have a degree of transference on sports figures," Friday said. "It's a way of vicariously going to battle. People can blog and send thoughts, and feel a self-induced empowerment."

The Steelers' success also is part of the equation, he said. If the Steelers had not won the Super Bowl in February, people would not post such vitriolic messages. The Steelers are kings of the mountain, and their players are being transformed from humans into symbols, waiting to be knocked from their high perch.

"We identify with our champions," Friday said. "Maybe 3,000 years ago when we were still throwing rocks at each other, the Davids wanted to hit the Goliaths between the eyes. Every year now, we anoint a new Goliath. And we are the new Goliath after winning the Super Bowl.

"Our heroes are no longer humans. They're symbols. Ben is no longer Mrs. Roethlisberger's son or someone who is coming to dinner. He is someone who represents the wars that take place. And there are no bigger wars than the ones that take place in the 5 1/2 inches between our ears."

Hammer67
06-15-2006, 08:24 AM
Thursday, June 15, 2006

Haha...beat you to it! But regardless, it can't be said enough that some of us need to think before posting as we can be sending out an image of immaturity.

Livinginthe past
06-15-2006, 03:10 PM
I have to say that is one lame article.

Can somebody put it in some perspective for me...does this paper he writes for have a large circulation?

This just sounds like some disgruntled Steeler fan who has decided to pick out a few idiots from a huge majority of classy fans from rival organisations - where is the article about the amount of well wishers who signed up on this board and others like it just to wish Ben and the Steeler faithful the best?

If it comes to quoting random handles on random message boards just to get a reaction - then journalism has died.

I mean wow, "people hide behind keyboards and say things they wouldnt say in public" - well strike me down with a feather - that is real in depth psychological analysis.

Dr Paul Friday sounds like a poor mans version of Dr. Phil - if such a thing could possibly exist.

NM

RoethlisBURGHer
06-15-2006, 03:32 PM
LITP,ou might have not stopped into the boards of Ravens,Browns,and Bengals fans after the accident,but I did and a large majority of them wish Ben had lost one of his arms or legs,was a paralyzed,or dead.

I live in Cleveland and I can tell you,most of the fans of the Browns and Bengals are that classless and do wish he had lost a body part,was paralyzed,or dead.

When KW2 went down in his crash,we made fun of him for trying to be a stunt-man and even worse trying to do it when you aren't 100% healed from his prior knee injury.However,I don't recall Steeler fans wishing he had lost a limb,was paralyzed,or dead.Most Steeler fans,and I for one,hoped he would get healthy and back on the field as soon as safley possible.

When Palmer went down in the WC game,I don't recall Steeler fans hoping he'd never be able to play again in his life.Instead,most (and all the ones I know personally) hope he'll have a full recovery and get back on the field this season.

But if you look at the fans of the other teams in this division...they wish harm upon all the Steelers players,coaches,staff,and fans.It's probally penis/ring envy for the most part.Every fan base has it's a$sh0les but the Bungals,Clowns,and Ratbirds a$sh0le count seem to be a majority and not a minority.

section514
06-15-2006, 03:58 PM
im glad i am not the only one who felt that way LITP...see what i said in the other thread

Ohio Steeler
06-15-2006, 04:00 PM
there is already a thread on just this article
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=7933

and I will say what I said over there about it

There are fans out there that take this game way to series and I have to say I know at times I am one of those people and I am sure most all that read this will can say the same thing, after all we seem to forget it is only a game win or loss life will go on and we will live to play another day....

Mosca
06-15-2006, 04:08 PM
The idea for the article wasn't well thought out, that's for sure. And then in execution it appeared to waver between being serious and quoting Dr Lirpa Lofos or something.

It's the internet. Sometimes you think you are engaged in a battle of wits when you are really being trolled by a 12 year old. The mistake is taking it seriously like Fittipaldo did.

Livinginthe past
06-15-2006, 04:08 PM
LITP,ou might have not stopped into the boards of Ravens,Browns,and Bengals fans after the accident,but I did and a large majority of them wish Ben had lost one of his arms or legs,was a paralyzed,or dead.

I live in Cleveland and I can tell you,most of the fans of the Browns and Bengals are that classless and do wish he had lost a body part,was paralyzed,or dead.

When KW2 went down in his crash,we made fun of him for trying to be a stunt-man and even worse trying to do it when you aren't 100% healed from his prior knee injury.However,I don't recall Steeler fans wishing he had lost a limb,was paralyzed,or dead.Most Steeler fans,and I for one,hoped he would get healthy and back on the field as soon as safley possible.

When Palmer went down in the WC game,I don't recall Steeler fans hoping he'd never be able to play again in his life.Instead,most (and all the ones I know personally) hope he'll have a full recovery and get back on the field this season.

But if you look at the fans of the other teams in this division...they wish harm upon all the Steelers players,coaches,staff,and fans.It's probally penis/ring envy for the most part.Every fan base has it's a$sh0les but the Bungals,Clowns,and Ratbirds a$sh0le count seem to be a majority and not a minority.

Sorry man,

But I just cannot see it.

What you are asking me to believe is that people who support a particular team/teams automatically have a higher chance of being an as*hole.

Or maybe once you step over the boundary from Pennsylvania and into Ohio suddenly people turn into the types who would wish the loss of a limb on a young man just becasue he was a QB for a rival football team.

I cannot imagine that a large minority, let along a majority, of people from any fanbase would wish the loss of limb or life upon a young man.

The fact is - you get as*holes in all walks of life - and this type of incident brings them all pouring out of the woodwork - the numbskull Steeler fan who suggested that the woman involved in the accident be made to give a public apology to Pittsburgh was another example.

The fact is, a bunch of decent Steeler fans jumped right on him as soon as he did this - the majority of people, not just football fans, would have done the same.

Brings to mind the post by a Steelers fan who chimed "All Dolphin fans are stupid" or words to that effect - to which the Dolphin fan replied "I guess ill revoke my application to mensa due to my being a Miami fan, then" - that comment highlighted the nonsense generalisations we all make about people.

ps Section 514 - just seen your post on the other thread - I think I mirrored what you had to say, but was a lot more long winded about it ;-)

NM

section514
06-15-2006, 04:24 PM
i did some research

check this out http://dawgtalk.clevelandbrowns.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1577905&Main=1576020#Post1577905

bengalforlife
06-15-2006, 04:27 PM
Thursday, June 15, 2006

For those who thought Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer displayed a childish attitude in Sports Illustrated a few weeks back when he proclaimed "I hate the Steelers," wait until they get a load of what some Bengals fans had to say in the moments after Ben Roethlisberger's motorcycle accident Monday.

As the news and pictures were posted on internet Web sites, Bengals backers at Bengalsforum.com made light of the fact that the Steelers' quarterback had sustained severe injuries, with many of them proclaiming that justice had been served. A few Cincinnati fans said in their messages that it served Roethlisberger and the Steelers right because former Steelers defensive end Kimo von Oelhoffen, they contended, intentionally injured Palmer in an AFC wild-card game at Paul Brown Stadium in January.

"Irony, they cheap shot their way to a Super Bowl, now karma comes in," wrote a poster with the handle Spain.

Another poster with the handle jjakg27 wrote: "What comes around ..."

Cantonbengal posted: "This is what I been waiting to see happen to the Steelers they all laughed at us when Carson went down. At least, Carson isn't [stupid] like Ben ... hopefully he might miss some time this season."

The messages were posted in the moments or hours after the accident Monday when the severity of Roethlisberger's condition was unclear.

The ill will toward Roethlisberger and the Steelers was not confined to Cincinnati cyberspace. Message boards from around the NFL were filled with tasteless comments about Roethlisberger and the accident. At The brownsboard.com, a Cleveland Browns fan site, one poster dubbed the quarterback "Ben Toothlessberger" and noted that he is now "right at home with all those Pittsburgh inbreds."

A poster with the handle flugel wondered: "who is wearing a bigger turban today? Bin Laden or Ben Ridin'?" Flugel also noted that "there's something about Steelers quarterbacks bouncing off hard surfaces that keeps this rivalry fun."

That was a reference to Terry Bradshaw getting dumped on his head by Cleveland defensive lineman Joe "Turkey" Jones at old Municipal Stadium in 1976.

Fans of the Baltimore Ravens also got into the act. Only moments after the accident, Revo2001 posted: "HAHA" followed by an expletive. A few hours later CRAVNRAVN posted: "Raven baby are now the favs to claim the division!"

So why do some football fans react in such a crazed manner in the wake of a potential tragedy?

Dr. Paul Friday, the director of clinical psychology at UPMC Shady Side, said the posters of these comments are people with psychological problems whose brains never fully developed.
Friday said the human brain does not fully develop until 25 years of age, which, he said, might explain why Roethlisberger, who is 24, decided to ride a motorcycle without a helmet. Friday said the posters are either too young to know better or are people whose brains never completely wired, which can happen due to a number of circumstances, including class and culture.
"The people who are blogging in Cincinnati, they're the ones whose brains never fully develop," Friday said. "They don't perspectivize human tragedy. They don't learn to think effectively. These people are not normal. We're talking about a fringe element. We're dealing with the screaming people who are venting. These are elements that are not representative of their communities. They are representatives of their own minds."

Friday said posters on Internet message boards hide behind their keyboards and write things they would never have the courage to say aloud in public. He said posters who write tasteless messages use football and the rivalries between teams as a way of getting out their aggression in a non-violent manner. It's not necessarily a new phenomenon, just one that is more evident because of the instant communication that is available via the Internet.

"We have a degree of transference on sports figures," Friday said. "It's a way of vicariously going to battle. People can blog and send thoughts, and feel a self-induced empowerment."

The Steelers' success also is part of the equation, he said. If the Steelers had not won the Super Bowl in February, people would not post such vitriolic messages. The Steelers are kings of the mountain, and their players are being transformed from humans into symbols, waiting to be knocked from their high perch.

"We identify with our champions," Friday said. "Maybe 3,000 years ago when we were still throwing rocks at each other, the Davids wanted to hit the Goliaths between the eyes. Every year now, we anoint a new Goliath. And we are the new Goliath after winning the Super Bowl.

"Our heroes are no longer humans. They're symbols. Ben is no longer Mrs. Roethlisberger's son or someone who is coming to dinner. He is someone who represents the wars that take place. And there are no bigger wars than the ones that take place in the 5 1/2 inches between our ears."

Hey there is a bunch of BS with this article as we gave a lot of condolences concerning Ben. Please note that we were cool over on Cincybengals.com and some MODS even threatened to ban if there was any uncalled for shit before everyone found out he was okay. We want Ben in the game. We want to beat you fair and square...

83-Steelers-43
06-15-2006, 05:08 PM
Once again, it's amazing how loud a bunch of idiots can get after one good season. Where did these people come from? Where have they been the last fifteen years? All of a sudden they pop up out of their holes and start popping off at the mouth. Screw'em. Let them talk all they want. Jealousy sucks.

Prosdo
06-15-2006, 06:50 PM
You know after seeing the amount of fans from atleast 12 different NFL teams come over with well wishes a few idiots saying things doesn't mean much. Again a huge thanks to those fans.

CantStop85
06-15-2006, 07:31 PM
And how many of you made jokes about Kellen Winslow's motorcycle accident? It's not so funny anymore is it? Yet you want to complain about other fans making harsh comments...how do you think Browns fans felt? Anytime a person is involved in a serious accident it's not funny.

I hope Ben has a quick and full recovery...I hate to see anyone have to go through that sort of pain. It may not have been a smart move on his part but hopefully he has learned a lesson and will become a better person because of it.

83-Steelers-43
06-15-2006, 07:33 PM
It doesn't help Kellen's case when you scream "I'm a soldier!!!" and then decide to do wheelies in a parking lot. Messing up your knee after hitting a curb or going head first into a windshield while going fourty...hmmmm....

Motley Nate
06-15-2006, 08:13 PM
Every fan base has it's own share of idiots. It doesn't warrant a general classification in any case. If I was a "doctor" in a respected practice, I wouldn't contribute to implied generalizations. Especially when everyone lives in a glass house.

I.E.

http://i6.tinypic.com/14jxpgw.jpg

I'd say there isn't a "right" group or person in the entire equation.

j-dawg
06-15-2006, 08:34 PM

dude... STOP!!!

seriously.. did you even read the article in this thread?

"These are elements that are not representative of their communities. They are representatives of their own minds."

cleveland, baltimore, cincinnati... i know people in all these places, and your snide comments are juvenile and wrong.

Sharkissle29
06-15-2006, 09:03 PM
pretty lame article....who cares what anyones saying, let them say what they want. it's like you guys get personally offended with these comments on roethlisberger....just let it go

SteelerzGirl
06-15-2006, 09:12 PM
So some people hate the Steelers and are trash talking Ben. What else is new and who cares? All I care about is that Ben is okay and that his accident wasn't as fatal as we all feared it would be. Ben is a warrior and he'll be back! :smile:

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-16-2006, 06:29 AM
Hey there is a bunch of BS with this article as we gave a lot of condolences concerning Ben. Please note that we were cool over on Cincybengals.com and some MODS even threatened to ban if there was any uncalled for shit before everyone found out he was okay. We want Ben in the game. We want to beat you fair and square...

Let me tell you what I think of cincy forums ..they ..can...

Damn! just noticed your avatar, Nice girlfriend, ......uhhh...I agree with you wholeheartledly!

shimmysteelerfan
06-16-2006, 08:25 AM
So some people hate the Steelers and are trash talking Ben. What else is new and who cares? All I care about is that Ben is okay and that his accident wasn't as fatal as we all feared it would be. Ben is a warrior and he'll be back! :smile:

I agree with you, no matter what the circumstances each fan base is going to have some dumbasses in it. as long as ben is okay they can say all the dumbshit they want to, we will still beat them next year! :cheers:

Big D
06-16-2006, 10:15 AM
I've been riding sport bikes for 8 years now. So first things first ben accident compared to winslows was way different ben wasnt out messing around being stupid by doing wheelies in a parking lot. Ok in regards to the carson palmer injury during the playoffs that was an accident. Kimo didnt go out to hurt carson on purpose it wasnt an direct hit. These 3 injuries are all very seperate

bengalforlife
06-16-2006, 11:54 AM
Once again, it's amazing how loud a bunch of idiots can get after one good season. Where did these people come from? Where have they been the last fifteen years? All of a sudden they pop up out of their holes and start popping off at the mouth. Screw'em. Let them talk all they want. Jealousy sucks.
Here we go again, another guy that lumps people all together. The only thing that sucks is your narrow minded brain.:blah:

bengalforlife
06-16-2006, 11:56 AM
You know after seeing the amount of fans from atleast 12 different NFL teams come over with well wishes a few idiots saying things doesn't mean much. Again a huge thanks to those fans.
And now a guy that knows the difference and doesn't lump us all together. Thanks for acknowleding that we know when someone is a person and outside of football you should never wish anything bad like that on your worst enemy. You have class. Thanks.:smile:

bengalforlife
06-16-2006, 11:58 AM
And how many of you made jokes about Kellen Winslow's motorcycle accident? It's not so funny anymore is it? Yet you want to complain about other fans making harsh comments...how do you think Browns fans felt? Anytime a person is involved in a serious accident it's not funny.

I hope Ben has a quick and full recovery...I hate to see anyone have to go through that sort of pain. It may not have been a smart move on his part but hopefully he has learned a lesson and will become a better person because of it.
Excellent point and I couldn't have said it better myself. I want the steelers full force so we can shut them down without any excuses.

bengalforlife
06-16-2006, 12:01 PM
I am happy he is okay. I want to see the rivalry between Ben and Carson for years to come!!!!

bengalforlife
06-16-2006, 12:03 PM
Let me tell you what I think of cincy forums ..they ..can...

Damn! just noticed your avatar, Nice girlfriend, ......uhhh...I agree with you wholeheartledly!
LMAO!! See we ain't all bad bro.

Big D
06-16-2006, 12:03 PM
ok who let this clown in the forum. It is funny though how bengal fans hid in there closet and the point of how they come out after one good year is a very true point. Lets look at some facts here. Your boy carson is still a question mark with that knee. Your whole team is a laughing stock for your great jail bird players. Will the bengals be good. yes but will they be great. Nope. I strongly believe that the bungals wont make the playoffs this year

bengalforlife
06-16-2006, 12:06 PM
ok who let this clown in the forum. It is funny though how bengal fans hid in there closet and the point of how they come out after one good year is a very true point. Lets look at some facts here. Your boy carson is still a question mark with that knee. Your whole team is a laughing stock for your great jail bird players. Will the bengals be good. yes but will they be great. Nope. I strongly believe that the bungals wont make the playoffs this year
I think the opposite is true. No "clownin' around" here.

Big D
06-16-2006, 12:08 PM
what are you talking about? The team is filled with cancers. they have two wideouts. I'm not to high on rudi i would even go so far to say he's overrated. Defense wins championships tough guy ask peyton about that

bengalforlife
06-16-2006, 12:11 PM
REAL MEN OF GENIUS
Today we salute you

DOC FRIDAY

Yes, Doc, you are a genius. You so aptly identified an entire city of your fellow Americans with "brains never completely wired" due to "class and culture".

Smooth. Very smooth.

Yet, the doctor who states that "posters on Internet message boards hide behind their keyboards and write things they would never have the courage to say aloud in public" is the same gentleman that utilizes the Al-Jazeera Post Gazette as a text-based soap box to preach his almighty genius of the human mind.

"Every year now, we anoint a new Goliath. And we are the new Goliath after winning the Super Bowl." Congratulations Doc on playing an excellent season, your skills at running back were as sharp as your ability to gage the mental galactic wars that "take place in the 5 1/2 inches between our ears". I see your accreditations in the 40 yard dash are listed along with your preferred health care providers.

http://findadoc.upmc.com/PhysicianBi...ID=25001130&A=

Stay classy, Doc!

We shall now celebrate the cranial greatness that is Paul J. Friday, PhD.

bengalforlife
06-16-2006, 12:15 PM
what are you talking about? The team is filled with cancers. they have two wideouts. I'm not to high on rudi i would even go so far to say he's overrated. Defense wins championships tough guy ask peyton about that
Look, we exposed your defense and will do so again. We have an excellent OL, call Rudi overrated and look in the mirror with Willie. We have two of the best recievers in the league and a ton of depth there. Carson looks great, go to bengals.com and watch him. The defense will be improved with off season pick ups. And let's be realistic, if Carson does not go down, you guys have no ring. So that's what I am talkin' about there cheif.

Big D
06-16-2006, 12:19 PM
Nice excuse about palmer going down. Right.. I've been very critical of willie parker and I dont think he's overrated and I think anybody in here will agree with me with that. You have a good offense this is true but your defense sucks. Look at the colts as the prime example of a strong offense and they cant even get out of the afc championship game. As far as your wr core you have 2 recievers cj and tj. thats it. your boy chris henry is a loser who cant stay out of handcuffs. One in done face it this year you will be back in the cellar.

83-Steelers-43
06-16-2006, 12:20 PM
Here we go again, another guy that lumps people all together. The only thing that sucks is your narrow minded brain.:blah:

Oh yeah!!! Well your a poo-poo head and you eat your own boogers...:dang:

Keep riding that wagon junior.

SteelerFanInCA
06-16-2006, 12:22 PM
Nice excuse about palmer going down. Right.. I've been very critical of willie parker and I dont think he's overrated and I think anybody in here will agree with me with that. You have a good offense this is true but your defense sucks. Look at the colts as the prime example of a strong offense and they cant even get out of the afc championship game. As far as your wr core you have 2 recievers cj and tj. thats it. your boy chris henry is a loser who cant stay out of handcuffs. One in done face it this year you will be back in the cellar.
With or without Palmer, I can't see these guys winning more than 8 games this year. Have you seen how brutal their 1st place schedule is? They have some pretty tough opponents against them this year.

Ohio Steeler
06-16-2006, 12:23 PM

LOL

83 you crack me up

Big D
I agree this guys totaly is on the wagon. I'm glad he found his dads old boomer jersey so he can call himself a bengal fan. Hey who was your team a couple years ago? The colts

bengalforlife
Chris Henry is nothin' to care about. I have a lot deeper roster than that there cheify. When the seasons on, just remember one thing. Damn that BENGAL was right!

tony hipchest
06-16-2006, 12:24 PM
teams like the rams, raiders, colts, cardinals, have "2 of the best receivers in the league"

but not the bengals.

lets add the texans, panthers and cowboys to that list too.

bengalforlife
06-16-2006, 12:25 PM

How old are you there "junior?" I have been a Bengal since birth bro. Ain't no shame in my game there.

Big D
06-16-2006, 12:26 PM
I think I speak for the whole steeler nation when I say we are mostly all die hard fans. I'm 24 and i've stood by this team from brister,tomczak, odonnell, stewart, maddox and now ben from barry foster to bam to jerome to now fast willie. Being a true fan is standing behind your team from the losing years to the super bowl years without jumping off the bandwagon and hoping on the winning wagon

bengalforlife
06-16-2006, 12:26 PM
With or without Palmer, I can't see these guys winning more than 8 games this year. Have you seen how brutal their 1st place schedule is? They have some pretty tough opponents against them this year.
Easy 11-5 at the worst. Can you guys even do a 9-7 this year?

Big D
06-16-2006, 12:27 PM
by the looks of that picture you look like your 14

bengalforlife
LOL

83 you crack me up
Ohio Steeler, so you've been a sell out since birth? Congratulations!

83-Steelers-43
Yeah "cheify"....lol. Hey cheif.....cheif.....cheif you stinky narrow minded poo-poo brain.

C.H.I.E.F

Big D
06-16-2006, 12:28 PM
just wait till week 4 when the bengals havent won a game we wont even here from this bum

bengalforlife
06-16-2006, 12:30 PM
I agree this guys totaly is on the wagon. I'm glad he found his dads old boomer jersey so he can call himself a bengal fan. Hey who was your team a couple years ago? The colts
F the colts. They are a good example of the Bills in the 90's only they can't even get to the game. What do they call you? "little boy blew" Oh, you needed the money.

SteelerFanInCA
06-16-2006, 12:31 PM
12-4 from our end. Seriously, 11-5 is pushing it.

Ohio Steeler
06-16-2006, 12:32 PM

LOL

ok please put the crack pipe down and step away from the computer

steelers 12-4
bungals 10-6
clowns 9-7
ratbirds 4-12

bengalforlife
06-16-2006, 12:32 PM
teams like the rams, raiders, colts, cardinals, have "2 of the best receivers in the league"

but not the bengals.

Well your wrong about one thing and right about another. The BENGALS do fit in the top recievers. But I noticed your beloved Steelers didn't even make your own list. Go squirt some heinz there bro.

83-Steelers-43
06-16-2006, 12:33 PM
I have been a Bengal since birth bro.

And that's the response I expected to hear........"cheify"...:sofunny:

Big D
dude that was just dumb. Seriously dude its time to get off daddys computer and take a nap

Ohio Steeler
Ohio Steeler, so you've been a sell out since birth? Congratulations!

thats all you got, come on now I thought Bungals fans where the king of trash....

bengalforlife
06-16-2006, 12:36 PM
I think I speak for the whole steeler nation when I say we are mostly all die hard fans. I'm 24 and i've stood by this team from brister,tomczak, odonnell, stewart, maddox and now ben from barry foster to bam to jerome to now fast willie. Being a true fan is standing behind your team from the losing years to the super bowl years without jumping off the bandwagon and hoping on the winning wagon
Yeah, and I have gone through Klingler, Akili, sell out Dillon, a blow hard coach in Dave Shula, and a lot more than that. The Superbowl when we went against the 49ers with Anderson and lost just short of a comeback. The Superbowl when we went against the 49ers yet again and lost in the final seconds with a Taylor catch in the back of the endzone. I know my boys and I will stand by them as I have done.

Big D
06-16-2006, 12:36 PM
now ohio I wouldnt give the bungals 10-6 thats a stretch however i would say 8-8 9-7 is more fitting. and i would give the ratbirds a little more credit then 4-12 they did just get mcnair

Ohio Steeler
06-16-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by bengalforlife
I have been a Bengal since birth bro.

so lets see that would be 1998

since you act like you are 8

bengalforlife
by the looks of that picture you look like your 14
32 and thanks for the compliment.

Big D
then why did you just get in here this month? you may have been a bungal fan but you were a closet bungal fan.

Ohio Steeler
06-16-2006, 12:38 PM
now ohio I wouldnt give the bungals 10-6 thats a stretch however i would say 8-8 9-7 is more fitting. and i would give the ratbirds a little more credit then 4-12 they did just get mcnair

and thats why they will only win 4 games, McNair will be out for the year after week 3

Big D
06-16-2006, 12:39 PM
I agree with that point of mcnair getting hurt

Ohio Steeler
06-16-2006, 12:40 PM
wait if you are a so called fan since birth then why did you join your own teams forums on sept 27 of 05

http://boards.bengals.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1868

bengalforlife
06-16-2006, 12:41 PM
just wait till week 4 when the bengals havent won a game we wont even here from this bum
Of course you will and I will be ready for Christmas jingles just so I can say in your ear "How about those Bengals now oh BUM, BUM, BUM, BUM, they kicked the steeletts ass oh BUM, BUM , BUM, BUM"

tony hipchest
Well your wrong about one thing and right about another. The BENGALS do fit in the top recievers. But I noticed your beloved Steelers didn't even make your own list. Go squirt some heinz there bro.

steelers have the 2nd best qb in the game
top 5 wr
leagues best core of rb
#1 defense.

theres my own list. now go wipe the heinz i just squirted off of your chin "bro".

Big D
great homework ohiosteeler!

SteelerFanInCA
06-16-2006, 12:42 PM
wait if you are a so called fan since birth then why did you join your own teams forums on sept 27 of 05

http://boards.bengals.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1868
Huh... maybe because he just learned how to read and write?

Big D
06-16-2006, 12:43 PM
that could very well be true after some of the posts hes had

bengalforlife
dude that was just dumb. Seriously dude its time to get off daddys computer and take a nap
How original, and all these brains at 24. You must be proud.:blah:

Ohio Steeler
Huh... maybe because he just learned how to read and write?

:dang: thats right I seem to have forgot not all Bungals fans can do that

83-Steelers-43
Damnit, I want him to call me "cheify". I feel left out.

Ohio Steeler
06-16-2006, 12:44 PM
other then making fun of a Bungals fan

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4049/532053cz.gif

Big D
06-16-2006, 12:45 PM
since we scared the poor lad out of here i'll do it for him 83. Chiefy!!! I got you good you f@#er!. ohio i give you a rep point for the homework

bengalforlife
so lets see that would be 1998

since you act like you are 8
I'm sorry mommy...

Ohio Steeler
Damnit, I want him to call me "cheify". I feel left out.

here I will make you feel wanted

you are such a cheify person

bengalforlife
06-16-2006, 12:46 PM
then why did you just get in here this month? you may have been a bungal fan but you were a closet bungal fan.
No I live in Florida now. When I lived in Dayton there was no reason to get on the computer to have fun with fans because I was there. Down here there are only Dolphins.

83-Steelers-43
06-16-2006, 12:46 PM
And here I thought the chick in the avatar was his mommy. Then again, this guy is 32 and that chick looks like she's 12. Taking after Chris Henry?

Big D
06-16-2006, 12:47 PM
I hate to act like raider fans and be childish here but for real. This kid has been acting like an ass from the first post. No need to come into a steeler forum and start talking smack if you cant back it up

Big D
06-16-2006, 12:48 PM
come on 83 i was just about to ask him for his girls digits. I think she needs a real man

83-Steelers-43
here I will make you feel wanted

you are such a cheify person

It just doesn't feel the same unless it's coming from our Bengal fan since birth individual.

bengalforlife
steelers have the 2nd best qb in the game
top 5 wr
leagues best core of rb
#1 defense.

theres my own list. now go wipe the heinz i just squirted off of your chin "bro".
Opinions are like *******s, everybodies got em

Ohio Steeler
06-16-2006, 12:49 PM
I hate to act like raider fans and be childish here but for real. This kid has been acting like an ass from the first post. No need to come into a steeler forum and start talking smack if you cant back it up

the way I look at it is he is just another troll who will go away after a while of us slaping him around

Ohio Steeler
06-16-2006, 12:50 PM
It just doesn't feel the same unless it's coming from our Bengal fan since birth individual.

Damn I tryed :blurp:

Big D
06-16-2006, 12:51 PM
i'll pull a chris henry.. I'll buy his girl and her friends some beer.

Ohio Steeler
06-16-2006, 12:53 PM
Of course you will and I will be ready for Christmas jingles just so I can say in your ear "How about those Bengals now oh BUM, BUM, BUM, BUM, they kicked the steeletts ass oh BUM, BUM , BUM, BUM"

LOL

no I do belive it will go like this

Who-Dey, Who-Dey think they going to beat then Bungals

We-Dey, We-Dey

Here we go Steelers Here we go

Ohio Steeler
06-16-2006, 12:54 PM
i'll pull a chris henry.. I'll buy his girl and her friends some beer.

no Big D dont do that it is against the law for buy beer for minors

Big D
06-16-2006, 12:56 PM
I know that who do you think I am a bengal. I was being sarcastic

Ohio Steeler
06-16-2006, 12:57 PM
I know that who do you think I am a bengal. I was being sarcastic

na man just watching out for a fellow steeler

Big D
06-16-2006, 12:57 PM
I think we scared the young lad off

Big D
06-16-2006, 12:58 PM
I appreciate that thanks bro

Ohio Steeler
06-16-2006, 12:59 PM
I think we scared the young lad off

na I think he had to go get his dictionary and thesaurus so he could come up with something to say back at us

bengalforlife
06-16-2006, 01:00 PM
And here I thought the chick in the avatar was his mommy. Then again, this guy is 32 and that chick looks like she's 12. Taking after Chris Henry?
She' s38

bengalforlife
06-16-2006, 01:01 PM
come on 83 i was just about to ask him for his girls digits. I think she needs a real man
You wish.

Big D
whoa it took him that long to think of an age!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
Reglardless of how many fans feel this way it still holds some truth that NFL fans, especially rival fans of ones favorite team have absolutely no common sense whatsoever. How can the human race really be this stupid???

bengalforlife
06-16-2006, 01:02 PM
LOL

no I do belive it will go like this

Who-Dey, Who-Dey think they going to beat then Bungals

We-Dey, We-Dey

Here we go Steelers Here we go
Too much origianlity here.

83-Steelers-43
06-16-2006, 01:03 PM

Yeah really, you should have made this very original statement "Opinions are like *******s, everybodies got em". :rolleyes:

bengalforlife
06-16-2006, 01:03 PM
whoa it took him that long to think of an age!!!!
Unlike you guys I am at work. I'll be back in a couple hours.

Ohio Steeler
06-16-2006, 01:04 PM

:dang: thats all you can come up with you want to talk about to much origianlity why dont you go back and read all of your post, oh wait I forgot Bungals fans cant read to much at one time or there brains will die off :dang:

Big D
06-16-2006, 01:05 PM
I agree with you blitzburgh. and homeboys girl maybe 38 in dog years

Ohio Steeler

thanks for the warning

83-Steelers-43

Yeah, while your at it....I'll take a number three with a large coke.

tony hipchest
the difference of opinions? steelerfan's are based in reality of a sb winning team. bengalfan's are are delusional like thinking tj douchmanzadeh is one of the best wr's in the league.

Ohio Steeler
06-16-2006, 01:07 PM
Yeah, while your at it....I'll take a number three with a large coke.

and super size that for him

Big D
06-16-2006, 01:09 PM
i'm at work too it isnt stopping me from anything. We have to remeber he's a bengal fan so his girlfriend/mom could be 38. Most bengal fans are inbreeders. Does he have any pictures of his feet? i bet they are webbed

Big D
06-16-2006, 01:11 PM
I was wondering how he knew about heintz. it makes sense now he works at mcdonalds. I'll take a 10 piece with bbq sauce and a liter of cola

Ohio Steeler
06-16-2006, 01:11 PM
i'm at work too it isnt stopping me from anything. We have to remeber he's a bengal fan so his girlfriend/mom could be 38. Most bengal fans are inbreeders. Does he have any pictures of his feet? i bet they are webbed

http://content.collegehumor.com/items/2004/03/collegehumor.44649.451xAUTO.jpg

83-Steelers-43
06-16-2006, 01:12 PM
Does he have any pictures of his feet? i bet they are webbed

I found this close up of him........

http://www.s-plan.fslife.co.uk/deliverance/deliverance_guitar.jpg

Ohio Steeler
06-16-2006, 01:13 PM
I found this one of him........

http://www.s-plan.fslife.co.uk/deliverance/deliverance_guitar.jpg

oh his mom/sister should be so Proud

Big D
06-16-2006, 01:14 PM
thats a great picture! I could be foxworthy and go on for hours with redneck jokes

Big D
06-16-2006, 01:18 PM
I bet he went to go tell his mom on us

Ohio Steeler
06-16-2006, 01:22 PM
bengalforlife before you post another post on here please go to link below

http://www.starterupsteve.com/swf/posting.html

Big D
06-16-2006, 01:24 PM
What is that the firewall at my work wont let me see it

BBC
06-16-2006, 01:33 PM
REAL MEN OF GENIUS
Today we salute you

DOC FRIDAY

Yes, Doc, you are a genius. You so aptly identified an entire city of your fellow Americans with "brains never completely wired" due to "class and culture".

Smooth. Very smooth.

Yet, the doctor who states that "posters on Internet message boards hide behind their keyboards and write things they would never have the courage to say aloud in public" is the same gentleman that utilizes the Al-Jazeera Post Gazette as a text-based soap box to preach his almighty genius of the human mind.

"Every year now, we anoint a new Goliath. And we are the new Goliath after winning the Super Bowl." Congratulations Doc on playing an excellent season, your skills at running back were as sharp as your ability to gage the mental galactic wars that "take place in the 5 1/2 inches between our ears". I see your accreditations in the 40 yard dash are listed along with your preferred health care providers.

http://findadoc.upmc.com/PhysicianBi...ID=25001130&A=

Stay classy, Doc!

We shall now celebrate the cranial greatness that is Paul J. Friday, PhD.

Holy shit, that's hysterical! How in the world did you come up with that? Oh yeah, that's right, you took it word for word from Nate:

http://forums.cincybengals.com/showthread.php?t=12921

Big D
06-16-2006, 01:38 PM
we had to go there again huh

Big D
06-16-2006, 02:22 PM
where did everyone go!!??

Livinginthe past
06-16-2006, 02:30 PM
Some of you guys need to get instant messenger.

BigD and Ohio seem to be getting very friendly - seems like a match made in heaven.

NM

Big D
06-16-2006, 02:33 PM
now that would be gay

bengalforlife
06-16-2006, 02:44 PM
now that would be gay
And I wouldn't expect anything less from you two.

bengalforlife
06-16-2006, 02:53 PM
well I guess you guys had to go eat dinner with your mommies and daddies...

83-Steelers-43
06-16-2006, 03:01 PM
and super size that for him

Thank you.

section514
06-16-2006, 03:02 PM
hmm

section514
06-16-2006, 03:03 PM
well I guess you guys had to go eat dinner with your mommies and daddies...

and you go out to mcdonalds, with your white trash girlfriend and odds are your 2 year old daughter eating chicken nuggets without any shoes on. check out his avatar

section514
06-16-2006, 03:06 PM
haha and i didn't even read the rest of the thread to see that mcdonalds has already been mentioned....i guess great fans think alike

83-Steelers-43
06-16-2006, 03:06 PM
and you go out to mcdonalds, with your white trash girlfriend and odds are your 2 year old daughter eating chicken nuggets without any shoes on. check out his avatar

:sofunny:

83-Steelers-43
06-16-2006, 03:08 PM
Wedding pictures anybody? Quad ride to happiness afterwards.

http://img.buzznet.com/assets/users9/shpulya/funnyjunk/large-msg-1127493807-2.jpg

bengalforlife
06-16-2006, 03:19 PM
ALL YOU PUSSIES CAN DO IS TALK SHIT ABOUT A GUY AND HIS GIRL LET'S TALK FOOTBALL YOU MINDLESS PRICKS. if we stay like this I will start talking about how your mom and uncle like to **** monkey's at the zoo, I was there as you can see and saw their ****ed up bitch ass self's. Now onto football squeelers.

section514
06-16-2006, 03:22 PM
your the one with the queer avatar, your askin for it, and you can say all you want about our moms and uncles gettin on monkeys, we don't have pictorial proof as our avatars...

Ohio Steeler
06-16-2006, 03:24 PM
ALL YOU PUSSIES CAN DO IS TALK SHIT ABOUT A GUY AND HIS GIRL LET'S TALK FOOTBALL YOU MINDLESS PRICKS. if we stay like this I will start talking about how your mom and uncle like to **** monkey's at the zoo, I was there as you can see and saw their ****ed up bitch ass self's. Now onto football squeelers.

INTERNET TUFF GUY ALERT

Big D
06-16-2006, 03:24 PM
nice comeback bungal fan

Big D
06-16-2006, 03:25 PM
do we have any more wedding pictures people?

bengalforlife
06-16-2006, 03:26 PM
INTERNET TUFF GUY ALERT
Just ****ing ban me if you can't come up with logical shit on football. I want to ask for it. My avatar isn't even big enough for you to know what the ****, so let's talk about how you lost precious Randl El.

bengalforlife
06-16-2006, 03:27 PM
Albiet this ****head doesn't even watch football.

Big D
06-16-2006, 03:29 PM
alright junior you shouldnt challenge the big dogs when it comes to football what do you want to know

83-Steelers-43
06-16-2006, 03:30 PM

Here's a cute one of the couple we have grown to love the last two days..........

http://www.funnyredneckjokes.com/jokepics/3.jpg

RoethlisBURGHer
06-16-2006, 03:30 PM
dude... STOP!!!

seriously.. did you even read the article in this thread?

"These are elements that are not representative of their communities. They are representatives of their own minds."

cleveland, baltimore, cincinnati... i know people in all these places, and your snide comments are juvenile and wrong.

Listen man,I am going off of what I am hearing from the people I live around.I work at a gas station,and on the front of the Cleveland Plain Dealer the day after the accident was an article about Ben's accident.The entire time I was there the only well-wishers for Ben were Steelers fans.Everyone else was like "Damn,he didn't lose his arm","I wish he was crippled","Why couldn't he have died?".

That is what I heard from everyone wearing Browns or Bengals gear.

And yes,we made fun of KW2.Two totally different accidents.KW2 injured himself riding his bike in a parking lot trying to do stunts.Ben wrecked his bike when someone pulled out in front of him on the street.KW2 deserved to be made fun of for being an ass,but I didn't see any Steeler fans here wishing he had lost an apendage,was crippled,or dead.

section514
06-16-2006, 03:31 PM

Albiet = I bet ?

interesting, must be that Cinny Public School Education:sofunny:

bengalforlife
06-16-2006, 03:32 PM
Listen man,I am going off of what I am hearing from the people I live around.I work at a gas station,and on the front of the Cleveland Plain Dealer the day after the accident was an article about Ben's accident.The entire time I was there the only well-wishers for Ben were Steelers fans.Everyone else was like "Damn,he didn't lose his arm","I wish he was crippled","Why couldn't he have died?".

And yes,we made fun of KW2.Two totally different accidents.KW2 injured himself riding his bike in a parking lot trying to do stunts.Ben wrecked his bike when someone pulled out in front of him on the street.KW2 deserved to be made fun of for being an ass,but I didn't see any Steeler fans here wishing he had lost an apendage,was crippled,or dead.
Read our site and you will see we want a healthy Ben so that you have no excuse when we take you guys out.

bengalforlife
06-16-2006, 03:33 PM
Albiet = I bet ?

interesting, must be that Cinny Public School Education:sofunny:
It is actually albeit. And you non-educated **** head that is a word for I'll bet. Stupid ****.:dang:

Ohio Steeler
06-16-2006, 03:35 PM
Here's a cute one of the couple we have grown to love the last two days..........

http://www.funnyredneckjokes.com/jokepics/3.jpg

LOL

dont they look nice togather

83-Steelers-43
06-16-2006, 03:36 PM
Actually you walking tool.........it's "albeit" not "albiet".........check out your original post.

Big D
06-16-2006, 03:36 PM
haha where did you get that big word from

bengalforlife
06-16-2006, 03:37 PM
LOL

dont they look nice togather
That would be together and yes your parents are a very endearing although sloppy looking couple.

83-Steelers-43

Nice. :sofunny:

Big D
we are missing pictures of the wedding party. as well as the rest of the family

bengalforlife
06-16-2006, 03:39 PM
Actually you walking tool.........it's "albeit" not "albiet".........check out your original post.
Exactly ****head, I mistyped, but I love how you had to go look up the word just to find out it is one you ass whipe shit stick. Hey I think the pics of your buddies parents in the outhouse just whiped themselves with you.

83-Steelers-43
06-16-2006, 03:39 PM
we are missing pictures of the wedding party. as well as the rest of the family

Uncle Jeb at the after party........

http://www.almostsmart.com/upload/files/2005/Sep/redneck.jpg

section514
06-16-2006, 03:40 PM
al?be?it Pronunciation (?l-bt, l-)
conj.
Even though; although; notwithstanding: clear albeit cold weather.

Even though this ****head doesn't even watch football.
Although this ****head doesn't even watch football.
notwithstanding this ****head doesn't even watch football.

make sense to anyone else?:dang:

Ohio Steeler
06-16-2006, 03:40 PM
Best man

http://www.cloudcrofttheatre.com/7Tice.JPG

83-Steelers-43
06-16-2006, 03:41 PM
Exactly ****head, I mistyped, but I love how you had to go look up the word just to find out it is one you ass whipe shit stick. Hey I think the pics of your buddies parents in the outhouse just whiped themselves with you.

Ohhh!!! Why you!!!!! Bengalforlife got me on that one...BRB, I need to recover..:sofunny:

Just like how he mistyped "cheif" on two occasions.

bengalforlife
Uncle Jeb at the after party........

http://www.almostsmart.com/upload/files/2005/Sep/redneck.jpg
So that's your uncle. At least that's what your mom told you. It' actually her brother and your dad.:sofunny:

Big D
I think we made the bungal fan mad

Ohio Steeler
the whole gang all togather

http://www.lonestarbluegrassband.com/hillbillies.jpg

section514
06-16-2006, 03:42 PM
al?be?it Pronunciation (?l-bt, l-)
conj.
Even though; although; notwithstanding: clear albeit cold weather.

Even though this ****head doesn't even watch football.
Although this ****head doesn't even watch football.
notwithstanding this ****head doesn't even watch football.

make sense to anyone else?

83-Steelers-43
06-16-2006, 03:42 PM
I think we made the bungal fan mad

Watch out!!! lol. Those skinny meth addicts with trailer trash chicks are dangerous. You have seen Jerry.

bengalforlife
06-16-2006, 03:43 PM
the whole gang all togather

http://www.lonestarbluegrassband.com/hillbillies.jpg
Your family is quite a bunch.

Ohio Steeler
Watch out!!! lol. Those skinny meth addicts with trailer trash chicks are dangerous.

LOL

plus add the fact he is a Bungals fan and if you make him mad he will ahve to run home to mom/sister and cry

Big D
I better watch out before he comes after me with contaiminated syringes and needles

section514
06-16-2006, 03:44 PM
Big D it is definetly making the day go by faster

bengalforlife
06-16-2006, 03:44 PM
LOL

plus add the fact he is a Bungals fan and if you make him mad he will ahve to run home to mom/sister and cry
Now that my boy was lame.

Big D
06-16-2006, 03:45 PM
83 do you have the pictures of the grandparents

ARKIESTEEL
06-16-2006, 03:46 PM
Just ****ing ban me if you can't come up with logical shit on football. I want to ask for it. My avatar isn't even big enough for you to know what the ****, so let's talk about how you lost precious Randl El.

I will talk football with you big boy. The loss of El will not be noticed other than the fact he wont get to score on your team. Here is another little football fact that might let you know where all of us come from; 5 now you might ask what is five well scooter five is the number of Super bowl wins we have. Now you ask what is the super bowl cause you wasnt born the last time that team you love so much has been to one; It is the big game at the end of the year that we strive to get to while you and your 13 year old cousin or girlfreind as you would call here are cooking meth and whatever else you do while we are pulling for our team in the big game. Is there anything else you need to know about football just yell bucko

section514
06-16-2006, 03:47 PM
Tik-i-tik-tik-a Hi My name is..what...my name is,,,who....my name is...tik-i-tik-a Bengals Fanhttp://cdn-channels.netscape.com/gallery/i/e/eminem/51761694.jpg

bengalforlife
Big D it is definetly making the day go by faster
When you guys want to talk some NFL football, come on over to Cincybengals and you will see that there are people with educations that can do so without talking about their upcoming trailer park parties. See you there if you have the balls. LATER.:blurp:

Big D
ark you may have missed part of the conversation but that is his wife. And secondly i think bungle wants to get banned so that way he doesnt look like a bitch when he quits

Ohio Steeler
I think bengalforlife needs some of this

http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/ea/f5/wellMedicineOTCAllMidol_Maximum_Strength_PMS-resized200.jpg

Big D
06-16-2006, 03:48 PM
and some tampons

83-Steelers-43
06-16-2006, 03:49 PM
There's ma on game day..... http://www.bengals.com/assets/fans/fanfun051104-7.jpg

And the always priceless....his gay uncles...who pounces in this relationship? http://homepage.mac.com/mattvant/Pix/Marys4_M.jpg

ARKIESTEEL
06-16-2006, 03:49 PM
ark you may have missed part of the conversation but that is his wife. And secondly i think bungle wants to get banned so that way he doesnt look like a bitch when he quits

Darn it and i thought i had such a good post too well crap

Big D
06-16-2006, 03:51 PM
are you sure it's his uncles it looks like his two parents.. dad.. and well dad

83-Steelers-43
06-16-2006, 03:51 PM
One of the "special" Bengal fans.....must be on his dad's side. http://www.bengals.com/assets/fans/fanfun051111-7.jpg

Ohio Steeler
06-16-2006, 03:52 PM
One of the "special" Bengal fans.....must be on his dad's side. http://www.bengals.com/assets/fans/fanfun051111-7.jpg

you sure thats dad I thought that was brother/boyfriend

Big D
06-16-2006, 03:53 PM
no no no. this is bungals prom picture cant you see? nice wheels man

83-Steelers-43
06-16-2006, 03:53 PM
I believe we covered Bandwagonforlife's family tree. What's next?

Big D
06-16-2006, 03:54 PM
his comeback

section514
06-16-2006, 03:54 PM
One of the "special" Bengal fans.....must be on his dad's side. http://www.bengals.com/assets/fans/fanfun051111-7.jpg at least he is wearing a helmet...:dang:

Ohio Steeler
06-16-2006, 03:55 PM
ok bengalforlife you want to talk football how about you Bungals keeping a thug like CH on the team and letting him do want he wants to young kids ..

How about the fact that your QB is only 1-4 as a starter vs the Steelers

How about the fact your Bungals have yett o win a super bowl and we have 5 championships

I could go on all day

section514
06-16-2006, 03:55 PM
wait that is a chick...and they say pittsburgh fans are inbred...

Big D
06-16-2006, 03:56 PM
the only thing we can say is bungal fan can teach ben a thing or two about wearing a helmet

83-Steelers-43
06-16-2006, 04:00 PM
When you guys want to talk some NFL football, come on over to Cincybengals and you will see that there are people with educations that can do so without talking about their upcoming trailer park parties. See you there if you have the balls. LATER.:blurp:

Steelers: 5 Super Bowls

Bungholes: 0 Super Bowls

Steelers: Competitive in this division

Bungholes: Newcomers with bandwagon fans

Steelers: Classy organization

Bungholes: Cincinnati Penal System

What is there to say? You had one good year buddy. You have not accomplished jack in this league. Until then, continue talking trash on the Browns sites. Good luck with that.

stlrtruck
06-16-2006, 04:02 PM
i did some research

check this out http://dawgtalk.clevelandbrowns.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1577905&Main=1576020#Post1577905

Just keep in mind that the fan base is from the same area that allowed enough crap into the lake to catch it on fire!!!:dang:

Ohio Steeler
06-16-2006, 04:06 PM
now we did it guys we statred to talk football and put out fact's that are true and he cant seem to come up with anything back...

Big D
06-16-2006, 04:09 PM
bungals future response..... well if kimo wouldnt have attacked carson we woulda won

section514
06-16-2006, 04:09 PM
he left after his last post

Big D
06-16-2006, 04:10 PM
he wont be back.. ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!!

Ohio Steeler
06-16-2006, 04:10 PM
he left after his last post

LOL

why is it the trolls dont seem to last more then a few hr's on here with us...

tony hipchest
06-16-2006, 04:11 PM

whats with all you bengalfans throwing a HUGE hissy fit and then begging to be banned in the next post?

here:

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=7700

just replace bengalbrian with bengalnolife. i already tried talkin footbal with you. you got nothin other than saying douchmanzadeh is one of the best wr's in the league. and check the title of the thread here. its about whiny sour grape neanderthal fans reveling in what they thought would be the demise of ben.

section514
06-16-2006, 04:13 PM
he got swarmed, there were like 4 or 5 of us activly postin on this thread, half the time i had to wait 60 seconds for my next comment

Ohio Steeler
06-16-2006, 04:13 PM
bengalforlife

http://www.mediabistro.com/unbeige/original/sammiewave.gif

Big D
06-16-2006, 04:16 PM
I must say this has made my work day fly by. anybody else we can make fun of

stlrtruck
06-16-2006, 04:18 PM

And let's talk about how Troy Polamalu consistently bowls over Carson Palmer.:sofunny:
Oh, wait, let's talk about how Ike Tayler kept Chad Johnson out of the end zone (and CJ didn't have the testicular fortitude to change his check list because it wasn't the coverage guy he had on his sheet).
Let's talk about how even without Randle El we'll still show that just because you win the division once doesn't make you a champion.:boxing:

CONSISTENCY is the key. And the bungals only consistency has been LOSING!!:dang:

And if you want to continue talking football do me a favor before you talk. Take one of your hands and place it in front of your face fingers spread out. Now count the fingers and every time you count them, imagine a ring on each one. So when your beloved bungals can get one you have room to whisper. :blah: When you get close to 5 you can even politely interject your worthless opinion about what you think football is. And when you catch up then you can talk football.

But to you it's football - TO STEELERS FANS IT IS A WAY OF LIFE!!!!!!!!!

Big D
06-16-2006, 04:19 PM
does anybody remeber the name of chad johnsons checklist on his locker

stlrtruck
06-16-2006, 04:23 PM
I believe it was Washington.

stlrtruck
06-16-2006, 04:24 PM
One last topic we could talk about - Hall of Famers!

Big D
06-16-2006, 04:27 PM
or franchise wins

BBC
06-16-2006, 04:28 PM

How can you claim that we can't come up with "logical shit on football" when this is your only post in your previous 20 that even mentioned an NFL player?

Do you know anything else about the Steelers than Later-El signed with someone else? Ever heard of Cedrick Wilson? You know, the guy that torched the Bengals in the playoffs for 104 yards and a touchdown? He will be the guy replacing Randle El. Don't worry about the Steelers, I'd be more worried about what the Bengals will do once all of their players are finally put in jail.

Big D
06-16-2006, 04:31 PM
bungal fan go fetch me your chad johnson jersey i need something to wipe my ass

ARKIESTEEL
06-16-2006, 04:34 PM
How can you claim that we can't come up with "logical shit on football" when this is your only post in your previous 20 that even mentioned an NFL player?

Do you know anything else about the Steelers than Later-El signed with someone else? Ever heard of Cedrick Wilson? You know, the guy that torched the Bengals in the playoffs for 104 yards and a touchdown? He will be the guy replacing Randle El. Don't worry about the Steelers, I'd be more worried about what the Bengals will do once all of their players are finally put in jail.

So what you are saying is the bungles are the new ratbirds

Big D
06-16-2006, 04:49 PM
no the ratbird fans have been around for 10 years bengal fans have been around for a lot longer but just hiding in closets

Ohio Steeler
06-16-2006, 04:49 PM
One last topic we could talk about - Hall of Famers!

Speeking about Hall of Famers I do belive one stat the Bungals have us on is Fall of Criminals

BBC
06-16-2006, 04:51 PM
So what you are saying is the bungles are the new ratbirds

No, I wouldn't do that to the Ravens. They've actually won something.

Big D
06-16-2006, 04:51 PM
you know by talking football are little short peckered friend isnt going to want to come back in here

Big D
06-16-2006, 04:54 PM
yeah the ravens won with terrible trent

silver & black
06-16-2006, 04:54 PM
[QUOTE=RoethlisBURGHer]I live in Cleveland and I can tell you,most of the fans of the Browns and Bengals are that classless and do wish he had lost a body part,was paralyzed,or dead.

I find Browns fans to be some of the most classless, idiotic fans in all of football.

I live about 50 miles south of Cleveland, so I think I am a pretty fair judge of the fans there. The majority, not all, are pretty lame.

No matter what team you root for, if you wished any kind of harm or bad luck to Ben... you suck!

I was extremely disapointed when I heard the early reports that Ben was seriously injured, and may miss the up coming season.

The Raiders play the Steelers this year, and I want to play THE STEELERS... that means Big Ben behind center. I doubt that we can beat the Steeletrs... But, if we pull out a miracle, I want it to be against the Superbowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers!

Above all else, I want Ben to be fine, and healthy, and suffer no ill effects from his injury. He is a shining star in what is fast becoming an "all about me" mentality in the NFL. I wish him nothing but the best... even if he does play for a rival team. :thmbup:

Big D
06-16-2006, 04:57 PM
I would still be willing to take a poll on who has the worse fan fase the browns or raiders

MattsMe
06-16-2006, 04:57 PM
No matter what team you root for, if you wished any kind of harm or bad luck to Ben... you suck!

I was extremely disapointed when I heard the early reports that Ben was seriously injured, and may miss the up coming season.

The Raiders play the Steelers this year, and I want to play THE STEELERS... that means Big Ben behind center. I doubt that we can beat the Steeletrs... But, if we pull out a miracle, I want it to be against the Superbowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers!

Above all else, I want Ben to be fine, and healthy, and suffer no ill effects from his injury. He is a shining star in what is fast becoming "all about me" mentality in the NFL. I wish him nothing but the best... even if he does play for a rival team. :thmbup:

Nice post, even if you are a Raiders fan. :smile:

Big D
06-16-2006, 05:00 PM
I'm a huge football fan i'm in about 5 forums like these and one of the forums i'm in is a raider forum and i've never seen as much bickering and insults by adults in my life

83-Steelers-43
06-16-2006, 05:02 PM
S&B = Cool dude in my book.

Big D
06-16-2006, 05:04 PM
i'm not dissing s&b and my best friend is a die hard raider fan. but some of these fans are ridiculous

Big D
06-16-2006, 05:06 PM
like the bungal fan we scared out of here.. ridiculous

SteelerFanInCA
06-16-2006, 05:13 PM
There's ma on game day..... http://www.bengals.com/assets/fans/fanfun051104-7.jpg

And the always priceless....his gay uncles...who pounces in this relationship? http://homepage.mac.com/mattvant/Pix/Marys4_M.jpg

Where are ma's eyes? I see nothing but stripes.

83-Steelers-43
06-16-2006, 05:41 PM
Where are ma's eyes? I see nothing but stripes.

Baby steps. I'm trying to figure out where it's neck is exactly.

silver & black
06-16-2006, 05:43 PM
I would still be willing to take a poll on who has the worse fan fase the browns or raiders
Dude... are you kidding me!!!??? The Raiders have a bad fan base!!!??? The Raiders , I would dare say, have one of, if not the most, devoted fan base in all of pro sports. This is not just a die hard Raiders fan spouting crap... this is just undeniable FACT!

You might want to do a little research before you post stuff that you have no clue about. This might go against a lot you Steeler fans grain, but, I can almost bet that the Raiders have a more world wide fan base than the Steelers... or any other pro sport... period.

83-Steelers-43
06-16-2006, 05:46 PM
Dude... are you kidding me!!!??? The Raiders have a bad fan base!!!??? The Raiders , I would dare say, have one of, if not the most, devoted fan base in all of pro sports. This is not just a die hard Raiders fan spouting crap... this is just undeniable FACT!

You might want to do a little research before you post stuff that you have no clue about. This might go against a lot you Steeler fans grain, but, I can almost bet that the Raiders have a more world wide fan base than the Steelers... or any other pro sport... period.

While I could be wrong, I don't believe he meant loyalty-wise. I do not doubt you have one of the most loyal and crazy bases in the NFL but I would have to disagree on the the whole "world wide fan base than the Steelers" comment. Just my two cents.

SteelerFanInCA
06-16-2006, 05:58 PM
I'd say the Raiders do have a pretty strong and devoted fan base. Living here in Cali I get to see the Raider fans from the North (Oakland) and Raider fans from the South(Los Angeles). The Raider fans from the North seem to be a little more classy and down to earth.

There are a lot of idiot Raider fans in LA. I went to a Raider\Chargers game two years ago down in SD and some Raiders fans actually pulled out a knife and stabbed a couple of Charger fans. Sadly these people involved in these acts do not have a clue about the game of football. You ask them who their starting left guard is and you get that "deer lost in the headlights look". Just two different breed of fans cheering for the same team. Either way, silver & black is right when he says they have one of the most devoted fan bases in all pro sports.

But I agree with you 83 on the loyality thing. Win or lose we bleed black & gold.

silver & black
06-16-2006, 06:03 PM
I'd say the Raiders do have a pretty strong and devoted fan base. Living here in Cali I get to see the Raider fans from the North (Oakland) and Raider fans from the South(Los Angeles). The Raider fans from the North seem to be a little more classy and down to earth.

There are a lot of idiot Raider fans in LA. I went to a Raider\Chargers game two years ago down in SD and some Raiders fans actually pulled out a knife and stabbed a couple of Charger fans. Sadly these people involved in these acts do not have a clue about the game of football. You ask them who their starting left guard is and you get that "deer lost in the headlights look". Just two different breed of fans cheering for the same team. Either way, silver & black is right when he says they have one of the most devoted fan bases in all pro sports.
These are the fans that NO TEAM wants to claim. Unfortunately, ALL teams have these "fans".

SteelerFanInCA
06-16-2006, 06:05 PM
These are the fans that NO TEAM wants to claim. Unfortunately, ALL teams have these "fans".
I hear you man. I think every team has it's share of idiots.

silver & black
06-16-2006, 06:08 PM
While I could be wrong, I don't believe he meant loyalty-wise. I do not doubt you have one of the most loyal and crazy bases in the NFL but I would have to disagree on the the whole "world wide fan base than the Steelers" comment. Just my two cents.
No disrespect intended but, the Raiders are most definately more world wide than the Steelers. I really don't know why the Raiders are so world wide... but they are.

If I was not a die hard, devoted Raiders fan, I would most definately be a Steelers fan. They are my second favorite team... always have been.

Suitanim
06-16-2006, 07:14 PM
No disrespect intended but, the Raiders are most definately more world wide than the Steelers. I really don't know why the Raiders are so world wide... but they are.

That's inaccurate. Although no one really keeps track of such things, i'll post up some links that support the fact that the Steelers are among the most internationally beloved NFL teams, if not THE most beloved.

As for the Browns fan base, they have a good strong base, as witnessed by the fact that since their V2.0 release in 1999, they are the NFL's lousiest team, but have sold out every game since. Their fans are loyal, they just aren't particularly bright...

Back to the Steelers internationally:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/andrew_lawrence/09/28/mexico/
"Though futbol still reigns supreme as the country's No. 1 sport a decade later, football, it would appear, is holding its own. Recent NFL surveys credit Mexico with the largest fanbase (20 million) outside of this country, most of them Cowboys, Steelers and 49ers fans -- which explains how San Fran landed an invite."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05051/460162.stm
" "Even though there's a small Hispanic community in Pittsburgh, the Steelers are very popular in Mexico. Very popular," said Will Wilson, the managing director of NFL-Mexico in Mexico City."

http://www.voanews.com/english/archive/2006-02/2006-02-03-voa31.cfm?CFID=21561118&CFTOKEN=12971715
"There are Steelers bars in Ireland, Iraq, and China. There are even a few in Seattle."

http://www.geocities.com/jonclark500/stories06/steelers.html
"Many of the most popular NFL teams in Mexico - the Dallas Cowboys, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders and Chicago Bears - come from U.S. cities with large Mexican populations. But the team that seems to have the largest number of gear-wearing fans these days - the Pittsburgh Steelers - is one that wouldn't appear to be such an obvious match with Mexico."

j-dawg
06-16-2006, 07:47 PM
That's inaccurate. Although no one really keeps track of such things, i'll post up some links that support the fact that the Steelers are among the most internationally beloved NFL teams, if not THE most beloved.

As for the Browns fan base, they have a good strong base, as witnessed by the fact that since their V2.0 release in 1999, they are the NFL's lousiest team, but have sold out every game since. Their fans are loyal, they just aren't particularly bright...

hmmm.....

:rolleyes:

j-dawg
06-16-2006, 08:07 PM

i still don't see why you think a majority of the browns, bengals, and ravens fans are a$$holes. the bigger picture would suggest that's just not the case. again, not trying to trivialize your angst towards the dipsticks that came into your store, just hope you understand that behavior isn't indicative to an entire teams fan base.

83-Steelers-43
06-16-2006, 09:10 PM
the Raiders are most definately more world wide than the Steelers. I really don't know why the Raiders are so world wide... but they are.

Proof? Links? Stats?

Theanswer385
06-16-2006, 09:18 PM
i was kinda bumed when i found out he was hurt cuz i dont want any excuses when we spank the daylights outa ya!!! haha

83-Steelers-43
06-16-2006, 09:20 PM
i was kinda bumed when i found out he was hurt cuz i dont want any excuses when we spank the daylights outa ya!!! haha

Wow. That was pretty funny buddy........

steelerfan12
06-16-2006, 09:51 PM
LOL ya almost hahahaha :sofunny:

Theanswer385
06-16-2006, 10:05 PM
u can talk the finz down all you want. my family are all steelers fans so im use to it.

Theanswer385
06-16-2006, 10:06 PM
We will see come sept 7th!!! muhaahaaaha

83-Steelers-43
06-16-2006, 10:13 PM
u can talk the finz down all you want. my family are all steelers fans so im use to it.

Let's see here..........that's nice of you to give us a family history, but nobody was talking the "finz down". You started off by making a statement about whooping our butts on a Steelers messageboard. What type of response do you expect?

Let's be serious. Your stirred the pot in your mature manner and you got a response. Deal with it instead of trying to turn the tables and making it sound as if we started bashing the Dolphins out of the clear blue. Good try though junior. :rolleyes:

Theanswer385
06-16-2006, 11:00 PM
Let's see here..........that's nice of you to give us a family history, but nobody was talking the "finz down". You started off by making a statement about whooping our butts on a Steelers messageboard. What type of response do you expect?

Let's be serious. Your stirred the pot in your mature manner and you got a response. Deal with it instead of trying to turn the tables and making it sound as if we started bashing the Dolphins out of the clear blue. Good try though junior. :rolleyes:take er ez pal i was just haven some good clean fun ...my bad :dang:

BBC
06-17-2006, 12:28 AM

"Though futbol still reigns supreme as the country's No. 1 sport a decade later, football, it would appear, is holding its own. Recent NFL surveys credit Mexico with the largest fanbase (20 million) outside of this country, most of them Cowboys, Steelers and 49ers fans -- which explains how San Fran landed an invite."

" "Even though there's a small Hispanic community in Pittsburgh, the Steelers are very popular in Mexico. Very popular," said Will Wilson, the managing director of NFL-Mexico in Mexico City."

http://www.voanews.com/english/archive/2006-02/2006-02-03-voa31.cfm?CFID=21561118&CFTOKEN=12971715
"There are Steelers bars in Ireland, Iraq, and China. There are even a few in Seattle."

"Many of the most popular NFL teams in Mexico - the Dallas Cowboys, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders and Chicago Bears - come from U.S. cities with large Mexican populations. But the team that seems to have the largest number of gear-wearing fans these days - the Pittsburgh Steelers - is one that wouldn't appear to be such an obvious match with Mexico."

How about this quote?

"For a minute there I thought we were in Pittsburgh," said Cowboys linebacker Dexter Coakley. "It felt like it was a home game for them."

The Cowboys, known to have one of the biggest fan bases of the NFL, getting dominated by Steelers fans in Dallas?

spalmer69
06-17-2006, 03:13 AM
i didnt bother reading every post after i read the first few....i think its just silly how a fan base excludes themselves from talking smack and making fools of themselves at times. Not talking about you guys in particular....every fan base does it.
As I said, I didnt read every post in this particular thread but here are some thoughts i left in another thread a few minutes ago....

"As far as what fans from rival teams say in situations such as this......every team has their share of numbnut fans. We have ours. You have yours. There were some pretty crappy things said on our board when Carson went down. There were several Steeler fans high fiving each other in our stands as Carson laid there on the turf writhing in pain. When the news of Bens accident broke, we had a few of our ****tards "wooting" and running their ****pockets and it caused me to flare up over there which in turn started this silly little message board fued. Things happen. People show their IQ when they leave posts like that."

Scott

silver & black
06-17-2006, 09:33 AM
[QUOTE=83-Steelers-43]Proof? Links? Stats?

I wish I could provide that for you, but I can't.

If I searched around, I could probably come up with the same type of things that suit did, but I am computer challenged and I really don't know how to put a link in a post.

Honestly, I am just going by what I have read from other Raider fans that have traveled around the world. They are always amazed when they see a Raiders jersey on some guy from Finland or Germany or...

I'm sure all teams have fans around the world to some extent, but the Raiders truely seem to to be known world wide to a far greater extent than almost any other team. I can see the Steelers and the Cowboys in there too... I kind of got on a soap box and just ran with it... I meant no disrespect to the Steelers.

Indy_Steelers
06-17-2006, 10:22 AM

Big difference between Ben’s accident and Winslow’s is that Winslow was showing off. Ben just happened to be the person on the motorcycle in this accident. I get tired of Bengals fans saying ANYTHING! You should just worry about your players getting arrested. I am beginning to think that the stripes on the Bengals uniforms are not tiger stripes but prison stripes and the orange is the same color as a prison jumpsuit. It makes it easier for the police. I think that most of the fans of the other teams in our division are very, very, very jealous of our success. Between the three teams there is only 1 Super bowl ring and 3 AFC titles and the Ravens did not win a Super Bowl until they left Cleveland. And one more thing Chad Johnson... here are his stats against the Steelers going back to 2002.

catches/yards/TD/long
4 59 0 24-wild card game steelers 31-bengals 17
5 54 0 19-bengals 38-steelers 31
4 94 0 47-steelers 27-bengals 13

5 80 1 36-steelers 19-bengals 14
4 54 0 24-steelers 28-bengals 17

6 117 1 58-bengals 24-steelers 20
4 77 0 31-steelers 17-bengals 10

7 152 0 55-steelers 29-bengals 21
7 71 0 19-steelers 34-bengals 7

Do you see a pattern? He gets 1/3 to 1/2 of his yards on one play and then he is pretty much quiet. 2 TDs in 9 games, none last year and one game he had 152 yards and no TDs. Houshmandzadeh is the Bengals better receiver. And we are 7-2 over that stretch.

83-Steelers-43
06-17-2006, 10:26 AM

Very nice finds. Thanks Suit. :smile:

Indy_Steelers
06-17-2006, 10:48 AM
How about this quote?

"For a minute there I thought we were in Pittsburgh," said Cowboys linebacker Dexter Coakley. "It felt like it was a home game for them."

The Cowboys, known to have one of the biggest fan bases of the NFL, getting dominated by Steelers fans in Dallas?

that is great stuff. my brother just came back from Mexico after working there for one year and said they were going nuts fot the steelers. i have seen photos from Japan as well. And of course because of hinds ward now Korea. here is a website in the Uk. http://www.pittsburghsteelers.co.uk/ . the is a steelers fan club in Hoboken that has gotten steeler fans in from germany. and you can also watch this video to see more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af1esGyeKuQ

in hawaii http://www.hawaiisteelheads.com/

There reportedly are more than 900 "Steelers bars" in the world. this according to a DALLAS newspaper. http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/nfl/stories/020405dnsposteelerfans.21743080.html

from the pittsburgh channel
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/slideshow/steelers/6680732/detail.html

Big D
06-18-2006, 02:31 PM
when i said bad fans i wasnt talking about loyalty i was talking about bad like white trash classless fans

section514
06-18-2006, 03:37 PM
i am just glad I am on this side of Steeler Nation, I'd hate to have like the Browns fill heinz field

Big D
06-18-2006, 03:52 PM
my point on the browns is this. I had a friend who went to the steelers browns gave in cleveland last year. He isnt a fan of neither team and was there on buisness. He told me there was a father and daughter he said the daughter was no older then 5 or 6 and she was cheering for the steelers and some clown brown fan behind her poured beer on her. thats class!!

Livinginthe past
06-18-2006, 05:02 PM
my point on the browns is this. I had a friend who went to the steelers browns gave in cleveland last year. He isnt a fan of neither team and was there on buisness. He told me there was a father and daughter he said the daughter was no older then 5 or 6 and she was cheering for the steelers and some clown brown fan behind her poured beer on her. thats class!!

Wow. So I guess they are all like that then......

I cannot believe you people seriously think that Browns fans have inherently less manners than Steeler fans....or any other fans for that matter......hilarious.

I bet if I asked on a Browns site if they had any stories about as*hole Steeler fans they would be able to come up with one or two right?

NM

Big D
06-18-2006, 05:03 PM

I cannot believe you people seriously think that Browns fans have inherently less manners than Steeler fans....or any other fans for that matter......hilarious.

NM
why are you such a prick dude. Anytime i post anything you post something talking shit. grow up. I didnt base that just on that case but a history of the way browns fans like to act

BBC
06-18-2006, 05:19 PM

I bet if I asked on a Browns site if they had any stories about as*hole Steeler fans they would be able to come up with one or two right?

NM

Didn't the refs have to call a game a couple of season ago because of Browns fans behavior?

Big D
06-18-2006, 05:22 PM
thank you bbc

Livinginthe past
06-18-2006, 05:49 PM
why are you such a prick dude. Anytime i post anything you post something talking shit. grow up. I didnt base that just on that case but a history of the way browns fans like to act

I take it that first question was rhetorical.

I find your posts to have a pretty juvenile logic to them, you and your friends dont like the Browns (understandably, they are a football rival) so you go digging for examples of Brown fans acting like as*holes.

My point is, there is no way on earth that you can say Browns fans act like that as a whole - and yes you did base that comment on what your friends brothers sisters cousin told you....whatever.

Stories like yours are 10 a penny.

NM

Big D
06-18-2006, 05:50 PM
and how is that? i wont get into a debate with you. I will just realize that you are immature and let it be that

Big D
06-18-2006, 06:00 PM
I take it that first question was rhetorical.

I find your posts to have a pretty juvenile logic to them, you and your friends dont like the Browns (understandably, they are a football rival) so you go digging for examples of Brown fans acting like as*holes.

My point is, there is no way on earth that you can say Browns fans act like that as a whole - and yes you did base that comment on what your friends brothers sisters cousin told you....whatever.

Stories like yours are 10 a penny.

NM
I just realize that you are a jealous pats fan and realzie your team will suck this year

silver & black
06-18-2006, 10:27 PM
Hey, I gotta back LITP on this one. ALL teams have fans like this. There isn't one team in the NFL that has a corner on the market when it comes to a$$hole fans... yes, even the Steelers have fans like that.

BBC
06-19-2006, 12:04 AM
For the record, I'm not saying that the Browns are any different from any other fan base. Every team has it's bunch of idiots, no exception. I just remember the Browns fans having past records have bad behavior.

Livinginthe past
06-19-2006, 04:31 AM
Hey, I gotta back LITP on this one. ALL teams have fans like this. There isn't one team in the NFL that has a corner on the market when it comes to a$$hole fans... yes, even the Steelers have fans like that.

Seems obvious doesn't it?

Every fanbase has their idiots.

Unless people genuinely think that supporting a certain team results in the immediate loss of IQ points.

NM

83-Steelers-43
06-19-2006, 05:50 AM
For the record, I'm not saying that the Browns are any different from any other fan base. Every team has it's bunch of idiots, no exception. I just remember the Browns fans having past records have bad behavior.

No doubt. Every fan base has it's share of idiots. Some more than others. Going by past experiences of seeing Cleveland fans once a year and going by their past actions, I believe Cleveland fans fall in the category of "some more than others".

Big D
06-19-2006, 12:01 PM
whatever happen to our friend bengalforlife

MNsteelers
06-19-2006, 12:47 PM

but not the bengals.

An interesting point...especially when you throw the Bengals into the group. I think you'd be hard-pressed to avoid Cincinnati's receiving corps when you're mentioning Dallas and St. Louis.

But considering only one of the teams mentioned here have won a Super Bowl since 2000 (the Rams), you should probably bring up playoff appearances. Only two of those teams haven't won a playoff game.

And of those two teams (Arizona and Cincinnati), take one guess which one hasn't won a playoff game in 15 years? I shouldn't need to point out who it is. The point is that great wide receivers are not standards for Super Bowl champions anymore. How great was Deion Branch over the course of the season? Nowhere near Chad's numbers last year. How spectacular was Keyshawn Johnson in Tampa Bay during their Super Bowl run? He couldn't carry Moss's jock. Yet, both of them have rings. Is that more because their teams were smart enough not to feature wide receivers as much as running games? There's plenty of evidence that says it's true.

Super Bowl champions in today's game catch everything, and move the chains. They don't need 4.3s, or NFL Primetime highlight touchdown catches. They need to get open, come up big on third down and take a hit. Off the top of my head, I can't even tell you who was the last wide receiver to have 90+ catches in a season and win it all. Maybe Holt or Bruce? That was a different era in football.

As soon as a wide receiving unit truly contributes to a Super Bowl champion, you guys can start making fun of what you percieve to be Pittsburgh's weakness. Get a ring, then pop off.

Big D
06-19-2006, 12:50 PM
How great was Deion Branch over the course of the season?
thats a very good question and the fact that I live in boston and i've heard the whole controversy of his contract holdout is this. I hear on the radio daily that he doesnt get the ball thrown to him that much. And if he got the ball thrown in his direction more he could have more inclined stats

Steel12
06-19-2006, 12:53 PM
Ben Toothlessburger has me crackin up lol