PDA

View Full Version : Gay Meter week 9: +7 (-5 for this week)

ETL
11-06-2011, 11:55 PM
While he should have had safety help, Gay could have sealed his super status with a pass well defended on that late TD.

His failure in the limelight brings his score down a lot this week. Overall, he's had a good season but this loss is tough and he is significantly responsible for it.

Gotta bring it next week with the Bengals receivers who are IMO better than the Ravens receivers.

DFWSTEELERFAN
11-07-2011, 12:00 AM
While he should have had safety help, Gay could have sealed his super status with a pass well defended on that late TD.

His failure in the limelight brings his score down a lot this week. Overall, he's had a good season but this loss is tough and he is significantly responsible for it.

Gotta bring it next week with the Bengals receivers who are IMO better than the Ravens receivers.

:flap: Alot????? bye bye division... Thank you Mr. Gay!

jjpro11
11-07-2011, 12:01 AM
Ike got beat a couple plays before.. the entire D shit the bed on the last drive.

casteeler
11-07-2011, 12:01 AM
SHUT UP about Gay

Fire Arians
11-07-2011, 12:02 AM
Gay got pushed off, they called PI on the wrong player

ETL
11-07-2011, 12:05 AM
SHUT UP about Gay

I don't know who you are telling to shut up. If you don't know the premise of why I post a weekly Gay meter, then you should shut up until you get more information.

If you would want us to only post things that are positive all the time - then don't come to a discussion board to discuss things. You can talk in front of a mirror.

If you are a moron, well, that can't be helped so post all the dribble you want.

ETL
11-07-2011, 12:06 AM
Gay got pushed off, they called PI on the wrong player

Agreed but officials rarely call PI on offensive players. Gay could have played better on that play - but so could all the other 10 defensive players during that whole drive.

Mario_34
11-07-2011, 12:07 AM
Even if he needed to have over the top help at least get conctact on him enough for the safety to get in place. For fuks sake may I remind yall that wasnt the first time he got burn on that same drive. :mad:

casteeler
11-07-2011, 12:13 AM
I don't know who you are telling to shut up. If you don't know the premise of why I post a weekly Gay meter, then you should shut up until you get more information.

If you would want us to only post things that are positive all the time - then don't come to a discussion board to discuss things. You can talk in front of a mirror.

If you are a moron, well, that can't be helped so post all the dribble you want.

Oh, I understand the premise, He is targeted alot and it costs the Steelers

GMU Steeler
11-07-2011, 12:16 AM
Agreed but officials rarely call PI on offensive players. Gay could have played better on that play - but so could all the other 10 defensive players during that whole drive.

Yeah 92 yards and you can;t stop the TD is on the entire unit not one guy. Gay had a poor game no doubt but blaming him only for the end of the game is idiotic. We needed to stop them and we couldn't.

ETL
11-07-2011, 12:18 AM
Even if he needed to have over the top help at least get conctact on him enough for the safety to get in place. For fuks sake may I remind yall that wasnt the first time he got burn on that same drive. :mad:

Dude. If this was boxing or golf - go after Gay all you want. But its a team sport and a sport with a long season.

If Gay consistently plays bad - I will be one of youse guys calling for him to be benched. But I personally don't have those opinions after just one game, especially on a guy that has played well all season.

I feel that you have placed a lot of displaced anger on William Gay and maybe that is how you have lived your whole life - find one person or being to pin all your anger against - but if you take a step back - this was not all Williams Gay's fault.

He had a bad game and it has been noted. But I still want his experience out there.

Stop assuming that something "different" is always better. It betrays how naive you are.

Kanata-Steeler
11-07-2011, 12:27 AM
get yourself an "ARIENS - METER" instead.
and make sure it can go real Lowwwww.
;)

Sixburgher
11-07-2011, 12:28 AM
;)

Wasn't Arians gacking up a 92 yard touchdown drive to lose the game, dumbass.

GMU Steeler
11-07-2011, 12:31 AM

I thought our entire 11 men D was Bruce Arians clones though. Seriously, the blame Arians for everything crowd gets old. And I bet because I say this I will be labeled as a homer and fanboy of the guy but the fact is we lost in large part because of exactly what you're talking about.

Mario_34
11-07-2011, 12:32 AM
Yes hes experienced and yes he had a bad game. Its not like hes hasn't had a bad game but when a player consitently plays bad, blows coverages you need to replace him, just like in any other sport. He is a good nickel corner at most. Right now it might not seem big but in the playoffs that isnt going to cut it.

Black N' Yellow
11-07-2011, 12:33 AM

You can look at any of the other 31 teams in the league and you'll still find defensive backs who get targeted a lot, especially in a league that leans heavily towards passing attacks.

It was a rough game for the whole defense. Everyone needs to chill out because if I'm a Bengal, I'm REALLY worried about going up this Pittsburgh team.

Wallace108
11-07-2011, 12:34 AM

There's been 3 games this season our offense should have put the game away. Jacksonville. New England. Baltimore. All three times Arians shit the bed with his play calling and needed the defense to bail him out. The defense bailed him out against Jacksonville and New England. But not tonight against Baltimore, dumbass.

Wallace108
11-07-2011, 12:37 AM
If you don't know the premise of why I post a weekly Gay meter

Because you're Gay? :noidea:

Kanata-Steeler
11-07-2011, 12:38 AM

TRY the cowardly, FG attempt by our Offense, and then they even FAILED at that, exposing our D, ?!
If your "O" can't even out up points and can't execute when needed (aka, last drive of game, thanks to Areins) then you ain't gonna win any games -no matter what "D" you have, dumbass.

ETL
11-07-2011, 12:44 AM
Because you're Gay? :noidea:

Close. But I'm not Gay. I am a Gay Supporter.

I said in preseason that Gay was unfairly targeted. I felt that he was a good enough corner in this league and I claimed that he would help more than hurt.

I figured that if I post a weekly meter to gauge his progress, I would be proven right if it came out with a (+) number at the end of the season = he's helped more than hurt.

ETL
11-07-2011, 12:48 AM
;)

Oooh. That would be very hard. Trying to judge a coordinator is much tougher than the play of one guy. I personally don't know how I feel about Arians.

I think overall he's a good coordinator. I've been plenty angry during games screaming his name (especially when Ben takes long drops for sacks) but overall, I don't know who would do a better job than Arians at this time.

I don't always believe that different is better.

Wallace108
11-07-2011, 12:49 AM
Close. But I'm not Gay.

OK. :chuckle:

tanda10506
11-07-2011, 01:04 AM
He got burnt all game but to be fair he did get pushed off and he should have had safety help. Pretty hard to defend a ball though when your pushed away from it. He was burnt every other play though too, of course he is to blame for some of it, but the play calling on D sucked too. He's been playing well but when it comes down to it he's not a top corner or anything like that, if there's zero pressure and the wrong playcalling/personnel setups are used all game, he will be exposed.

Sixburgher
11-07-2011, 01:13 AM
There's been 3 games this season our offense should have put the game away. Jacksonville. New England. Baltimore. All three times Arians shit the bed with his play calling and needed the defense to bail him out. The defense bailed him out against Jacksonville and New England. But not tonight against Baltimore, dumbass.

Pinning the blame for this loss on Arians shows how fukcing stupid you are. Sorry. The offense holding the ball 40 damn minutes is about the only thing that protected our craptastic secondary from being torched by Brady again. Yes, horrible playcalling there.

Sixburgher
11-07-2011, 01:15 AM
TRY the cowardly, FG attempt by our Offense, and then they even FAILED at that, exposing our D, ?!
If your "O" can't even out up points and can't execute when needed (aka, last drive of game, thanks to Areins) then you ain't gonna win any games -no matter what "D" you have, dumbass.

66% conversion rate on third down for the Ravens offense. Enough said, dumbass.

ricardisimo
11-07-2011, 01:25 AM
Ike got targeted more this game, from where I was watching anyways. Not a great game by any of the Steelers. I saw a lot more hustle and energy from Ravens special teamers than from Steelers starters.

Wallace108
11-07-2011, 01:34 AM
Pinning the blame for this loss on Arians shows how fukcing stupid you are..

Do you really want to go down that path? Do you?

Sixburgher
11-07-2011, 01:39 AM
Do you really want to go down that path? Do you?

Nope, it's not worth the trouble. Arians is the convenient scapegoat, and damn it, you'll stick by that position through thick and thin.

Wallace108
11-07-2011, 01:42 AM
Nope, it's not worth the trouble.

Good call, bro. Cause I'm not in the mood to pull in any punches tonight.

You don't have to agree with my opinion or anyone else's opinion. But show some ****ing respect.

JCPsteelers
11-07-2011, 01:52 AM

LOL. The offense was the reason why we won the Pats game u fool. They kept the ball from Brady the whole game!!

Wallace108
11-07-2011, 02:00 AM
LOL. The offense was the reason why we won the Pats game u fool. They kept the ball from Brady the whole game!!

The offense had the ball 1st and 10 at the Patriots 27 with a chance to go up by 9. We kept trying to throw, getting sacked, and ended up punting and giving the Patriots a chance to win. The defense was asked to bail them out again, u fool. And yeah, let's not give any credit to the defense for shutting Brady and the Pats offense down. U fool.

queeg
11-07-2011, 10:25 AM

Be professional....

kirklandrules
11-07-2011, 10:52 AM
It was far more than that Gay guy. Flacco looked like Joe ****ing Montana out there. I'm just wondering how that secondary played soooo well again the Pats last week and totally shit the bed this week? Now the Steelers are going to have to whip ass every week because they couldn't protect their own house last night.

#1LambertFan
11-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Joe Montana? Am I mistaken or did you just make a comparison of the two? I love Montana's style of play. Ben reminds me of a mixture between Elway and Montana with a fullback mentality. Flacco plays like Brady or Rogers (style-wise before you laugh to death and flame me to Hell). God-forbid he get hit, that would mean he had to wash his jersey this week.

DanRooney
11-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Flacco plays like Mark Sanchez.

Horrible scheme on the last drive. Everything Dick LeBeau could have done wrong happened.

ricardisimo
11-13-2011, 04:24 AM
Flacco plays like Mark Sanchez.

Horrible scheme on the last drive. Everything Dick LeBeau could have done wrong happened.
Honestly, that press coverage thing should have been a one-off against the Pats, then back to our bread-and-butter. Bad move by Lebeau.