PDA

View Full Version : We will see the ravens in the playoffs

Fire Arians
11-06-2011, 11:01 PM
And we will win. Still a long season ahead and despite the loss I like what I see from the team. We will show those raven scrubs that championships aren't won in the regular season. Keep your heads up people, this season is NOT over and we are NOT done!

MadeOfSteel
11-06-2011, 11:02 PM
Nah, I don't see the Ravens making it to the AFC championship.
(My attempt to stay positive)

StainlessStill
We GOT to stop shooting ourselves in the foot and we MUST learn how to put teams away on offense (Johnson dropping first down, delay of game to knock us out of FG range.) We had our chance to not only end it on offense, but the blueprint was also set for the defense. 92 yards? Balty earned it.

Drizztbob
Agreed. However, we must beat the Bungals twice and hope the Ravens crap the bed or we will be fighting for a playoff birth in the Wildcard race.

Eztarget
11-06-2011, 11:03 PM
It would have been nice to have Woodley.

casteeler
Unless Gay is at CB

mizzouristeeler
Third times a charm

JCPsteelers
We got to make the playoffs first.

Bengals next week is a must win.

Walt
11-06-2011, 11:04 PM
And we will win. Still a long season ahead and despite the loss I like what I see from the team. We will show those raven scrubs that championships aren't won in the regular season. Keep your heads up people, this season is NOT over and we are NOT done!

What? The season isn't over? I thought that was the Super Bowl? Didn't you see the Ravens dumping Gatorade on their coach and hugging each other like they just won the Super Bowl?

SteelCityMom
11-06-2011, 11:07 PM
What? The season isn't over? I thought that was the Super Bowl? Didn't you see the Ravens dumping Gatorade on their coach and hugging each other like they just won the Super Bowl?

Did they seriously dump Gatorade on Harbaugh??? :doh:

What fugging morons.

jjpro11
11-06-2011, 11:09 PM

What fugging morons.

i heard they got some tinfoil together and made him a "Steelers Bowl" ring too.

DanRooney
11-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Will we even make the playoffs? That was a huge loss putting us at 0-2 in the division. We have 3 teams in the AFCE at 5-3 and the Bengals and Ravens sitting at 6-2.

Danny136200
11-06-2011, 11:12 PM
Well, in their defense, it was a bigger win than the one in week one, so yeah, they deserve to celebrate, they earned it. Though it does leave a bad taste in my mouth losing to these guys twice in one season.

DanRooney
11-06-2011, 11:12 PM
LeBeau got owned in that final drive. No way you let them march 90 yards for a TD with a little over 2 minutes left. Hell they didn't even use their last timeout.

tanda10506
11-06-2011, 11:17 PM
Will we even make the playoffs? That was a huge loss putting us at 0-2 in the division. We have 3 teams in the AFCE at 5-3 and the Bengals and Ravens sitting at 6-2.

I agree, I know we are trying to stay positive, and I think the fact that we beat NE and then played a tight game with Baltimore shows something. Problem is there will most likely be 2 teams coming out of the East. The odds might not be to bad cause the Chargers are struggling and the Raiders, Cheifs and Broncos are done. Also I don't see anybody except for Houston making it out of the South. Problem is the Bengals are better than us right now and Baltimore clearly is better than us, so we will be lucky to make the playoffs. If we do I think are odds are good against a lot of other teams, if we rematched Houston I think we would beat them, I also think we can beat any team in the East, but we most likely will not beat Baltimore in Baltimore in the playoffs. They structured their team to beat us and we play them like they are last years team, therefore we are losing to them. We stopped the run well but it seemed like we weren't concerned about their passing attack at all. If someone knocks them off we have a chance, but making the playoffs is no simple task, nor is winning 3 playoff games.

casteeler
11-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Can the Steelers stop anyone on 3rd down?

GMU Steeler
11-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Well, in their defense, it was a bigger win than the one in week one, so yeah, they deserve to celebrate, they earned it. Though it does leave a bad taste in my mouth losing to these guys twice in one season.

I dunno. I think it's lame. I understand if it clinched the division but we're in week 9 and the division is a three man race still. I do hope that's made into blackboard material though.

tanda10506
11-06-2011, 11:22 PM
LeBeau got owned in that final drive. No way you let them march 90 yards for a TD with a little over 2 minutes left. Hell they didn't even use their last timeout.

Exactly, and it was ridiculous. I don't understand why he refuses to change his plan. NE smashed us last year in the first half and what did we do in the second half, the same damn thing. Now to his credit we did just pay them back for last year, but this game is a perfect example, we did the same thing all game and got burnt just about every pass. Did we change the way we we're covering? Not at all, just keep letting our CB's get exposed. Gay has played well until this game, I don't want to totally count him out since he actually did well against Brady, but that's no excuse for playing the same old plan that isn't stopping the same old play. Ridiculous

Steel_Bus_24
11-06-2011, 11:24 PM

yep I hope this thing doesn't tailspin like in other years coming off a SB

No time to sulk if we want to still have a shot

Kanata-Steeler
11-06-2011, 11:24 PM

It was becuase of Ariens' cowardly play-calling at the end that killed us, you don't go for a FG, we blew the FG, and only setup and expose our "D" for no reason.
That was ridiculoous.
This loss is ALL on Ariens' and Tomlin.
Don't blame "D", for what the "O" caused at the end of the game.

stb_steeler
11-06-2011, 11:25 PM
We GOT to stop shooting ourselves in the foot and we MUST learn how to put teams away on offense (Johnson dropping first down, delay of game to knock us out of FG range.) We had our chance to not only end it on offense, but the blueprint was also set for the defense. 92 yards? Balty earned it.

A run play might have been nice on that last drive, if they would of gotten the first down the game would of been over.

JCPsteelers
11-06-2011, 11:27 PM
It was becuase of Ariens' cowardly play-calling at the end that killed us, you don't go for a FG, we blew the FG, and only setup and expose our "D" for no reason.
That was ridiculoous.

Are u joking? We just gave up a 92 yard drive to a team that couldn't move the ball 2 weeks ago on MNF against the Jags? It was definitely a loss on the Steelers defense.

SteelCityMom
11-06-2011, 11:29 PM
That was ridiculoous.

That's hogwash...and it's the same schtick you use all the time.

This loss is on the whole team. Take your "D" blinders off and realize that they share the blame too. THEY COULD'T STOP ANYONE ON THIRD DOWN!!! That's part of the reason they lost. Quit trying to spin it like the D can't do any wrong. This game was WON with 2 minutes left to go, and the D shit the bed. Period.

jjpro11
11-06-2011, 11:29 PM
we went from 1st to 3rd place in a matter of minutes.. i would have rather we lost to those shitheads last week than today.

Drizztbob
11-06-2011, 11:31 PM
the blame too. THEY COULD'T STOP ANYONE ON THIRD DOWN!!! That's part of the reason they lost.

My girlfriend had to tell me stop screaming "CAN YOU PLEASE F'ING STOP THEM ON 3RD DOWN??!!" because I was scaring the dogs.

Black N' Yellow
11-06-2011, 11:35 PM
Are u joking? We just gave up a 92 yard drive to a team that couldn't move the ball 2 weeks ago on MNF against the Jags? It was definitely a loss on the Steelers defense.

A lot of it had to do with timing on the schedule. The Ravens just got too ****y and overlooked the Jags, Steelers do the same thing all the time.

But yeah, 92 yards was pretty bad....:noidea:

SteelCityMom
11-06-2011, 11:37 PM
My girlfriend had to tell me stop screaming "CAN YOU PLEASE F'ING STOP THEM ON 3RD DOWN??!!" because I was scaring the dogs.

That's funny. My husband was basically yelling at ME the whole game too (he's not as into football as I am). I was ready to bang my head off a wall out of frustration though. Instead I drank some Drambuie. :chuckle:

Drizztbob
11-06-2011, 11:38 PM
That's funny. My husband was basically yelling at ME the whole game too (he's not as into football as I am). I was ready to bang my head off a wall out of frustration though. Instead I drank some Drambuie. :chuckle:

Now that's a solution I should have done myself. :banging:

tanda10506
11-06-2011, 11:39 PM

I was doing the same thing, absolutely pathetic. I just don't understand what happened on third downs, we just took them off I guess. I don't think it was a whole team failure though, the offense played decent, other then Ben's interception I don't think you can ask for much more against the leagues #1 defense, the defense just couldn't stop them. 92 yards. Another game where a couple guys with good new contracts didn't do a damn thing. I mean hell, we just made Flacco look like Brady, it was the defense and the guy coordinating it who ran the same old garbage in the second half that was just burnt to shreds in the first half.

SteelCityMom
11-06-2011, 11:39 PM
A lot of it had to do with timing on the schedule. The Ravens just got too ****y and overlooked the Jags, Steelers do the same thing all the time.

But yeah, 92 yards was pretty bad....:noidea:

Yeah, a sweep in the Ravens favor was bound to happen again eventually. I give the Ravens team credit for playing well, and taking what they could get. We've done it to them before (92 yard drive and all!), and we'll do it again. Not the end of the world (yet :chuckle: ).

Steel_Bus_24
11-06-2011, 11:42 PM
we better get our sh** together fast or our season could be over very quick

mizzouristeeler
11-06-2011, 11:44 PM
Hopefully this isn't the start of another skid after starting 6-2.

jjpro11
11-06-2011, 11:45 PM
I was doing the same thing, absolutely pathetic. I just don't understand what happened on third downs, we just took them off I guess. I don't think it was a whole team failure though, the offense played decent, other then Ben's interception I don't think you can ask for much more against the leagues #1 defense, the defense just couldn't stop them. 92 yards. Another game where a couple guys with good new contracts didn't do a damn thing. I mean hell, we just made Flacco look like Brady, it was the defense and the guy coordinating it who ran the same old garbage in the second half that was just burnt to shreds in the first half.

what sucks is their offense was so ****ing predictable... run, run, lob pass = 1st down. just pathetic.

Kanata-Steeler
11-07-2011, 12:07 AM
Exactly, and it was ridiculous. I don't understand why he refuses to change his plan. NE smashed us last year in the first half and what did we do in the second half, the same damn thing. Now to his credit we did just pay them back for last year, but this game is a perfect example, we did the same thing all game and got burnt just about every pass. Did we change the way we we're covering? Not at all, just keep letting our CB's get exposed. Gay has played well until this game, I don't want to totally count him out since he actually did well against Brady, but that's no excuse for playing the same old plan that isn't stopping the same old play. Ridiculous

"...other than Ben's interception..." ???
You obviously forgot to mention that "cowardly" failed FG attempt , also by our Offense, which helped LOSE the game.

Our "D" utterly destroyed Brady and his Pat's for the rest of the season.
I'd say, it's closer to "even"
. But since LeBeau is worth a hundred A(ss)riens?, naaa, it was more the Offense that blew it tonite.
:drink:

tanda10506
11-07-2011, 12:08 AM
You obviously forgot to mention that "cowardly" failed FG attempt , also by our Offense, which helped LOSE the game.

Our "D" utterly detroyed Brady and his Pat's for the rest of the season.
I'd say, it's closer to "even"
. But since LeBeau is worth a hundred A(ss)riens?, naaa, it was more the Offense that blew it tonite.
:drink:

Disagree, but the play calling on offense at the end sucked too.

mizzouristeeler
11-07-2011, 12:13 AM
I will take these two losses IF we can beat them in the playoffs. I believe we can if we could just play a solid game on both sides of the ball. I wouldnt mind losing in the playoffs if we could knock the raturds out.

Bayz101
11-07-2011, 12:24 AM
I guess the defense busting their asses all game and giving the ball to the offense with a chance to at least make it a touchdown lead wasn't enough. Some fan's expect our defense to win every important game for us.

You know what I would have loved to see? I would have greatly enjoyed the sight of our defense all simultaneously lying down and allowing Baltimore to score. Maybe then it'd become apparent to our offensive unit that they need to pull their own weight!

Those of you who blame our defense for giving up 92 yards in that final drive are ignorant, and that's my honest opinion. Our offense is the reason we lost this game. A first down on offense prevents all four first down's put up by the Ravens in the final drive from happening.

Would you trade four opposing first downs, for a game clinching first down by the good guys?

jjpro11
11-07-2011, 12:25 AM
I will take these two losses IF we can beat them in the playoffs. I believe we can if we could just play a solid game on both sides of the ball. I wouldnt mind losing in the playoffs if we could knock the raturds out.

right now it's just about getting there first.. i'd love to get another shot at them with Woodley and a full compliment of receivers. seems like every time we play them, they are in perfect health and we're not.

Bayz101
11-07-2011, 12:26 AM
My point is. Our offense didn't execute when it needed to. Our defense is pulling it's weight plus the weight of Ben and that fat defensive line worthy David Johnson at the end of this game.

mizzouristeeler
11-07-2011, 12:30 AM
I guess the defense busting their asses all game and giving the ball to the offense with a chance to at least make it a touchdown lead wasn't enough. Some fan's expect our defense to win every important game for us.

You know what I would have loved to see? I would have greatly enjoyed the sight of our defense all simultaneously lying down and allowing Baltimore to score. Maybe then it'd become apparent to our offensive unit that they need to pull their own weight!

Those of you who blame our defense for giving up 92 yards in that final drive are ignorant, and that's my honest opinion. Our offense is the reason we lost this game. A first down on offense prevents all four first down's put up by the Ravens in the final drive from happening.

Would you trade four opposing first downs, for a game clinching first down by the good guys?

I expect 50% of all nfl defenses including our own will be able to stop a 90 plus yard drive to win a game.

SteelCityMom
11-07-2011, 12:31 AM

Nope. Putting the blame solely on one side or the other is ignorant.

Yes, I realize that in my posts I've put a better part of the blame on the defense...but that was more from being pissed off about all the 3rd downs and the final drive. The offense is to blame as well, or course, they could have done things better too. But they weren't playing the crappy Pats D...they were playing the best D in the league (in nearly all aspects). Our defense just had to stop the floundering and inconsistent Ravens offense. That's where my thoughts lie right now.

It's like a crutch to just blame the offense for losses right now though. And it's only hip to blame the D if you're only blaming Gay. They had a bad game (both offense and defense). Admit it and deal with it.

Steel_Bus_24
11-07-2011, 12:33 AM
I expect 50% of all nfl defenses including our own will be able to stop a 90 plus yard drive to win a game.

yeah usually Im pissed too about our O sucking, but you don't give up 92 yard drives like that to a team with 1 TO that didn't even need to be used

MACH1
11-07-2011, 12:35 AM
The D allowed 14-21 third down conversions. Not acceptable.

Militant X 1
11-07-2011, 12:40 AM
hey all...Ravens fan here.

great game tonight! glad my Ravens came away with the win. you guys have a great team and we definitely look forward to seeing you again in the playoffs...BUT...in Baltimore! now my Ravens gotta handle our own business the rest of the way to make that happen.

good luck!

~Mili

Bayz101
11-07-2011, 12:43 AM
That's hogwash...and it's the same schtick you use all the time.

This loss is on the whole team. Take your "D" blinders off and realize that they share the blame too. THEY COULD'T STOP ANYONE ON THIRD DOWN!!! That's part of the reason they lost. Quit trying to spin it like the D can't do any wrong. This game was WON with 2 minutes left to go, and the D shit the bed. Period.

No point in even arguing this. The loss hurts the entire team, not just one unit. But i'll tell you right now. Our offense shit the bed, and our defense couldn't clean it up.

Bayz101
11-07-2011, 12:45 AM

great game tonight! glad my Ravens came away with the win. you guys have a great team and we definitely look forward to seeing you again in the playoffs...BUT...in Baltimore! now my Ravens gotta handle our own business the rest of the way to make that happen.

good luck!

~Mili

Your team makes me want to punch babies.

---But thank you.

SteelCityMom
11-07-2011, 12:46 AM

good luck!

~Mili

Grats on the win...in the end we're all just fans, and this is meant to be entertainment. I hope we get this level of entertainment out of these two teams for years and years to come.

Thanks for joining, and hope to see ya around. :drink:

tony hipchest
11-07-2011, 12:46 AM
i still think we go 12-4 and the ravens go 11-5.

once again, the ravens think they won the superbowl (everybody saw the gatorade shower).

once again, they will fail to show up and shit the bed.

im not even sure they make the playoffs. the bungles own their ass.

JCPsteelers
11-07-2011, 12:48 AM

You seriously think our defense was good tonight? How many passes did Flaaco complete on 3rd down tonight? It was pathetic. We made the RAvens looking the Pats out there tonight.

The offense did more than enough in the 4th quarter to win the game. Again the defense blew a late lead.

SteelCityMom
11-07-2011, 12:50 AM

once again, the ravens think they won the superbowl (everybody saw the gatorade shower).

I didn't see the shower, just saw one other poster mention it. I left the room out of frustration after the TD. :chuckle:

That may be something that haunts them though. They don't seem to know how to win with class (Housh wiping his cleats with the TT at Heinz riled up the Steelers before too).

They'll make the playoffs for sure though...and I'd love it if we could still get the division, but most of my cup is half empty right now (not enough Drambuie :chuckle: )...I see us getting the WC spot, which is fine with me. If not...that'll be ok too. Nobody died after the '09 season.

tanda10506
11-07-2011, 12:52 AM

It's possible they will go 11-5 but I doubt it. They might get a loss against the bengals, but we might too. I am confident we can win games, but the playoffs look about 50/50 at best.

Militant X 1
11-07-2011, 12:55 AM
Grats on the win...in the end we're all just fans, and this is meant to be entertainment. I hope we get this level of entertainment out of these two teams for years and years to come.

Thanks for joining, and hope to see ya around. :drink:

thanks for the welcome.

~Mili

jjpro11
11-07-2011, 01:01 AM
they could very well shit the bed next week in Seattle.. West coast trip after a huge win, you never know... they could easily have lost last week as well.. the "Steelers West" blew that one too. they were ridiculously close to losing the past 3 games.. instead they went 2-1. sucks.

SoCalFan
11-07-2011, 01:10 AM
I think we could see them in the playoffs,in fact I hope we do!Beating them in balty sure would nullify this sour feeling! We will be fine,we were without some key players tonight and still it was clear,the better team did not win!!!

tony hipchest
11-07-2011, 01:14 AM
It's possible they will go 11-5 but I doubt it. They might get a loss against the bengals, but we might too. I am confident we can win games, but the playoffs look about 50/50 at best.we are 1 game out of the #1 seed, with 7 games to go, and you say 50/50 at best??? :rolleyes:

what the ****ever.

Bayz101
11-07-2011, 01:14 AM
Nope. Putting the blame solely on one side or the other is ignorant.

Yes, I realize that in my posts I've put a better part of the blame on the defense...but that was more from being pissed off about all the 3rd downs and the final drive. The offense is to blame as well, or course, they could have done things better too. But they weren't playing the crappy Pats D...they were playing the best D in the league (in nearly all aspects). Our defense just had to stop the floundering and inconsistent Ravens offense. That's where my thoughts lie right now.

It's like a crutch to just blame the offense for losses right now though. And it's only hip to blame the D if you're only blaming Gay. They had a bad game (both offense and defense). Admit it and deal with it.

Obviously both sides of the ball could have played better. But I refuse to put the loss on our defense, especially when an offensive first down effectively stops all that from happening.

Well, let's talk about the Ravens inconsistent offense. The only game the Ravens offense played notably inconsistent was against the Jaguars, in Jacksonville. I seem to recall playing the Jaguars at Heinz, and scoring absolutely nothing in the second half.

You can say what you want about the Cardinals game, but the Ravens put up 30 points, something they've done four times this year.

Our defense has played all season long now without at least one major play maker, and they consistently rank in the top ten, week in, and week out. It's our offense that's having trouble getting the job done, and they struggled with that very problem today.

Bayz101
11-07-2011, 01:22 AM
You seriously think our defense was good tonight? How many passes did Flaaco complete on 3rd down tonight? It was pathetic. We made the RAvens looking the Pats out there tonight.

The offense did more than enough in the 4th quarter to win the game. Again the defense blew a late lead.

If i'm not mistaken, Harrison caused the fumble that turned the ball to our offense. It was that drive in which we scored, and Harrison's forced fumble put them near the 50. So pretty much, the defense helped the offense score a touchdown, and in return, our offense fails to even attempt a field goal.

SteelCityMom
11-07-2011, 01:24 AM
Obviously both sides of the ball could have played better. But I refuse to put the loss on our defense, especially when an offensive first down effectively stops all that from happening.

Well, let's talk about the Ravens inconsistent offense. The only game the Ravens offense played notably inconsistent was against the Jaguars, in Jacksonville. I seem to recall playing the Jaguars at Heinz, and scoring absolutely nothing in the second half.

You can say what you want about the Cardinals game, but the Ravens put up 30 points, something they've done four times this year.

Our defense has played all season long now without at least one major play maker, and they consistently rank in the top ten, week in, and week out. It's our offense that's having trouble getting the job done, and they struggled with that very problem today.

I'm not telling you to put the blame on one side or the other. This was the definition of a team loss, but everyone seems focused on blaming one person, or one side of the ball.

My head is still in the place though, where the offense got the lead and the D had to stop a 92 yard drive. I can see it from your side too I suppose though...all the offense had to do was get one more first down. Well, part of my side is all the defense had to do was stop a first down (just once). So despite all the other hogwash that keeps being brought up...that's how I'll remember this game. And all those fugging 3rd down conversions too.

mizzouristeeler
11-07-2011, 01:28 AM
I feel ya. I guess not getting a first down doesn't get me as much as giving up a huge drive.

Bayz101
11-07-2011, 01:33 AM
I'm not telling you to put the blame on one side or the other. This was the definition of a team loss, but everyone seems focused on blaming one person, or one side of the ball.

My head is still in the place though, where the offense got the lead and the D had to stop a 92 yard drive. I can see it from your side too I suppose though...all the offense had to do was get one more first down. Well, part of my side is all the defense had to do was stop a first down (just once). So despite all the other hogwash that keeps being brought up...that's how I'll remember this game. And all those fugging 3rd down conversions too.

I'd love nothing more than to play these guys at M&T Bank with Woodley and Harrison on defense. Harrison came out of this loss with three sacks, and we all know he was held half the time. A well rested Woodley will be back soon enough, and hopefully a healthy Harrison will get hotter.

If we make it to the playoffs healthy, or even make it at all, it'll be a different outcome. Focus is now on a surprisingly impressive Cincinnati

Bayz101
11-07-2011, 01:36 AM
I feel ya. I guess not getting a first down doesn't get me as much as giving up a huge drive.

My anger of failing to get a first down was based on what seems to happen in every game-clinching situation we're put in this season. This is one of many time's we've relied on our defense to close out a game, after a failed offensive attack.

Looking on to Cincinnati now. I'd say it's time we get a divisional win! :chuckle:

SteelCityMom
11-07-2011, 01:40 AM
I'd love nothing more than to play these guys at M&T Bank with Woodley and Harrison on defense. Harrison came out of this loss with three sacks, and we all know he was held half the time. A well rested Woodley will be back soon enough, and hopefully a healthy Harrison will get hotter.

If we make it to the playoffs healthy, or even make it at all, it'll be a different outcome. Focus is now on a surprisingly impressive Cincinnati

Definitely...I'll drink to that. :drink:

Apologies if I've let my emotions run over. I get that people are pissed at the offense too, it's just so much more of a battle for them to get points against the Ravens than it is for the defense to keep the Ravens from getting points (generally speaking)....and vice versa. That's why the majority of these games are so freaking close.

They've just got to put this behind them and focus on winning the majority of their remaining games (especially the Bengals and Browns), and they'll be in.

Wallace108
11-07-2011, 01:43 AM
This is one of many time's we've relied on our defense to close out a game, after a failed offensive attack.:
AMEN!!!! I'm glad someone else sees it like I do. The offense needs to win the game in the clutch, rather than putting the pressure on the defense to win it. Yeah, the defense blew it on the final drive tonight, but it never should have been put in that situation. The same thing happened against the Patriots and Jags. Just like with the Ravens, the offense gave them the ball with a chance to win the game on the final drive. Against the Jags and Pats, the defense held up. It came up short against the Ravens. At some point, the offense needs to start putting games away rather than relying on the defense to bail it out.

Sixburgher
11-07-2011, 01:57 AM
AMEN!!!! I'm glad someone else sees it like I do. The offense needs to win the game in the clutch, rather than putting the pressure on the defense to win it. Yeah, the defense blew it on the final drive tonight, but it never should have been put in that situation. The same thing happened against the Patriots and Jags. Just like with the Ravens, the offense gave them the ball with a chance to win the game on the final drive. Against the Jags and Pats, the defense held up. It came up short against the Ravens. At some point, the offense needs to start putting games away rather than relying on the defense to bail it out.

You make it sound like the offense coughed it up at their own 20. Putting an offense that took 3 quarters to rack up a single first down two weeks ago at their own eight yard line with two minutes and change is hardly asking to be "bailed out".

Bayz101
11-07-2011, 02:00 AM

And hopefully the Steelers finish the season with their hearts in the game. With the amount of talent we have on offense, and the level our defense plays at each and every week without some of it's greatest players, it comes down to one thing. Capitalizing.

If our offense can capitalize, our defense will have something to go on. If the defense is sent back out onto the field knowing their offense couldn't put in work, things just won't fall into place. Look at what happened when the Steelers scored to take the lead. The defense stepped up and set up the offense to close it out. Which by the way, Harrison forced the fumble which got us the ball and a resulting score in the first place.

The defense is exceeding expectations, especially considering it's missing some of it's best players almost every week. Now it's time this offense take the reigns.

Bayz101
11-07-2011, 02:02 AM
You make it sound like the offense coughed it up at their own 20. Putting an offense that took 3 quarters to rack up a single first down two weeks ago at their own eight yard line with two minutes and change is hardly asking to be "bailed out".

Baltimore may not have came away with a first down in three quarters in that game, but we played that very same team in Pittsburgh just a few weeks earlier, and they completely shut us out of the second half.

Sixburgher
11-07-2011, 02:05 AM
Baltimore may not have came away with a first down in three quarters in that game, but we played that very same team in Pittsburgh just a few weeks earlier, and they completely shut us out of the second half.

There's a difference between not scoring for a half and not even moving the chains.

Bayz101
11-07-2011, 02:18 AM
There's a difference between not scoring for a half and not even moving the chains.

The Ravens didn't move the chains for a half, and we didn't score for a half. Unless it's statistics your arguing, there's really not a difference at all. Either way, points weren't scored. Not to mention B'more played them at their house.

Sixburgher
11-07-2011, 02:23 AM
The Ravens didn't move the chains for a half, and we didn't score for a half. Unless it's statistics your arguing, there's really not a difference at all. Either way, points weren't scored. Not to mention B'more played them at their house.

So, I guess asking the defense to stop a touchdown with 92 yards of real estate to their rear was too much to ask? Not a field goal, mind you, but a touchdown?

Bayz101
11-07-2011, 02:33 AM
So, I guess asking the defense to stop a touchdown with 92 yards of real estate to their rear was too much to ask? Not a field goal, mind you, but a touchdown?

Asking the defense to go out their and close out the game because your offense couldn't advance the ball 30 feet for a first down or even prevent a delay of game penalty from happening to deny our kicker the chance to make a field goal and extend the lead to seven points?

Surely you'd think even asking the kicker to save our asses at this point would be embarrassing. I see an offensive problem here, just sayin!

Sixburgher
11-07-2011, 02:46 AM
Asking the defense to go out their and close out the game because your offense couldn't advance the ball 30 feet for a first down or even prevent a delay of game penalty from happening to deny our kicker the chance to make a field goal and extend the lead to seven points?

Surely you'd think even asking the kicker to save our asses at this point would be embarrassing. I see an offensive problem here, just sayin!

When the game got down to brass tacks, Baltimore's #1 ranked defense lived up to said ranking, did their job and got a stop, despite our having all the momentum at that point of the game. Our #2 ranked defense didn't. Just sayin'.

T.Richardson
11-07-2011, 02:51 AM
That is.. if the team makes the playoffs. Cincy will be a tough opponent.

Baltimore stepped up, surprising that Flacco drove down the field, he usually folds under these kinda games against Pitt.

plenewken
11-07-2011, 05:34 AM
Playoffs? You're sure?

NESteelrfan
11-07-2011, 06:06 AM
YTF don't we have a 3 down lineman and a bunch of speedy hands guys playing keep them from going deep is beyond me:noidea: We should have pulled most of the beef and kept Flacco and the Ravens in front of us, instead we play the same defense all game and they gash us for 92 yards and a TD to win it. I also think the play calling sucked on offense during our last possession, Mendy was getting some big chunks of yardage at times and we could have used running time off the clock. This game hurts not only because it was a divisional loss but to the dirtybirds at home:mad:

plenewken
11-07-2011, 06:37 AM
YTF don't we have a 3 down lineman and a bunch of speedy hands guys playing keep them from going deep is beyond me:noidea: We should have pulled most of the beef and kept Flacco and the Ravens in front of us, instead we play the same defense all game and they gash us for 92 yards and a TD to win it. I also think the play calling sucked on offense during our last possession, Mendy was getting some big chunks of yardage at times and we could have used running time off the clock. This game hurts not only because it was a divisional loss but to the dirtybirds at home:mad:

O, D and ST sh*t the bed and we lost. Now, let's regroup to try to win in Cincinnati but it's going to be a tough game.

Opt2loc
11-07-2011, 06:44 AM
Bottom line, better team won..........................twice.

SteelCityMom
11-07-2011, 06:54 AM
Bottom line, better team won..........................twice.

Yup, it was bound to happen again eventually...so kudos on that.

mizzouristeeler
11-07-2011, 06:59 AM
Im not too worried. Thw loss sucks, but we still a ways to go. I think we missed woodley and sanders but the season didn't end today. On to the bengals.

Opt2loc
11-07-2011, 07:01 AM
Yup, it was bound to happen again eventually...so kudos on that.

I thought they were going to blow it , again. I kept telling my buddy that we are better than these guys right now, this is the time to dominate them. The win wasn't dominant, the sweep was. Thankfully they put Joe in the SG early. Made all the difference.

btaylor179
11-07-2011, 07:11 AM
why couldn't dbs cover smith??????he ran the same play from different sides.....he ran straight down the field.....STRAIGHT......don't let him get behind you.....and that stupid stupid wr screen we run 5 times a game and has managed 7 yards....drop that play from the playbook

SteelCityMom
11-07-2011, 07:13 AM
I thought they were going to blow it , again. I kept telling my buddy that we are better than these guys right now, this is the time to dominate them. The win wasn't dominant, the sweep was. Thankfully they put Joe in the SG early. Made all the difference.

Oh the sweep for sure was dominant...even if the week 1 game were close like this one it still would have been dominant. With these two teams, anytime you can beat the other twice is dominance in my opinion.

Hope to see them down the stretch in the playoffs...but the Steelers have got to wash this game out of their memory for now and focus on the road ahead. I won't count them out of the playoffs by any means though.

Honest question though that I haven't directed towards a Ravens fan yet...the Gatorade bath. ??? I get the significance of the win...but still. I don't think I would have been ok with the players giving Tomlin or anyone a Gatorade bath last week just because we finally beat the Patriots again in the regular season. What are some of the fan reactions (if any) on the Ravens side of this? The first thing that came to my mind was when Housh wiped his cleats with the TT in '05 during the regular season. I just think it was a silly thing to do in front of a wounded animal that you might just see again in a knock out fight.

Opt2loc
11-07-2011, 07:32 AM
Oh the sweep for sure was dominant...even if the week 1 game were close like this one it still would have been dominant. With these two teams, anytime you can beat the other twice is dominance in my opinion.

Hope to see them down the stretch in the playoffs...but the Steelers have got to wash this game out of their memory for now and focus on the road ahead. I won't count them out of the playoffs by any means though.

Honest question though that I haven't directed towards a Ravens fan yet...the Gatorade bath. ??? I get the significance of the win...but still. I don't think I would have been ok with the players giving Tomlin or anyone a Gatorade bath last week just because we finally beat the Patriots again in the regular season. What are some of the fan reactions (if any) on the Ravens side of this? The first thing that came to my mind was when Housh wiped his cleats with the TT in '05 during the regular season. I just think it was a silly thing to do in front of a wounded animal that you might just see again in a knock out fight.

Yeah, that caught me off guard. I think this win is the most important win in the Harbaugh/Flacco era. We lose we are in third place. We win we are in control, for now. We were in the same position last year with you guys in our backyard and blew it. To answer your question, I didn't see anything wrong with it. It just showed how much the win meant to them. It had nothing to do with showing up the Steelers.

SteelCityMom
11-07-2011, 07:41 AM
Yeah, that caught me off guard. I think this win is the most important win in the Harbaugh/Flacco era. We lose we are in third place. We win we are in control, for now. We were in the same position last year with you guys in our backyard and blew it. To answer your question, I didn't see anything wrong with it. It just showed how much the win meant to them. It had nothing to do with showing up the Steelers.

No, I know...but those kinds of celebrations are typically reserved for when you win a huge playoff game, or the SB, not midseason celebrations.

Opt2loc
11-07-2011, 08:03 AM
No, I know...but those kinds of celebrations are typically reserved for when you win a huge playoff game, or the SB, not midseason celebrations.

I know for a lot of Steeler fans this game was not as important to them as it was to us. The gator bath showed just how much it meant to the Ravens. It was like a huge playoff win.

Pedro Cerrano
11-07-2011, 09:07 AM

What an awful post. How many Super Bowls do we get to win this year? 3? 4?

Pedro Cerrano
11-07-2011, 09:10 AM
My thoughts on this game:

1) Once again a Steeler/Raven game goes down to the wire. The game was playing out like a script I had seen far too many times. You know, the one where the Ravens get the lead and cough it away in the second half? This time, we were able to escape with a win. I still can't believe Flacco orchestrated that drive.

2) With so many AFC teams losing, this was a huge win for either team.

3) James Harrison is a monster.

4) The Ravens pass rush was non-existent last night. Despite you all losing, I'd be very encouraged by the play of your o-line. Not a lot of pressure and very few holding calls.

See you in the playoffs.

SteelCityMom
11-07-2011, 10:03 AM

I'd say you've had enough this season! :chuckle:

TLfmEZYdtrY

CompuCoach
11-07-2011, 10:58 AM

Maybe it had something to do with the fact that it was a game they won on a last second drive that required moving the length of the field? That's obviously going to be an exciting moment. The fact that it was against the Steelers, whom they have blown leads to in past games late in the contest (sans the comparable heroics of this one), probably factors in to some degree as well; but I'm pretty confident that it was more about what they did than who it was against.

I also think it's pretty safe to say that if they had kept their lead and won by something like 10 points, there wouldn't have been that kind of a reaction. They undoubtedly got caught up in the excitement of the moment.

Unlike your reference to Houshmandzadeh, a Gatorade bath is not an affront to the Steelers. They're reveling in their own accomplishments, not trying to show up the other team.

SteelCityMom
11-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Maybe it had something to do with the fact that it was a game they won on a last second drive that required moving the length of the field? That's obviously going to be an exciting moment. The fact that it was against the Steelers, whom they have blown leads to in past games late in the contest (sans the comparable heroics of this one), probably factors in to some degree as well; but I'm pretty confident that it was more about what they did than who it was against.

I also think it's pretty safe to say that if they had kept their lead and won by something like 10 points, there wouldn't have been that kind of a reaction. They undoubtedly got caught up in the excitement of the moment.

Unlike your reference to Houshmandzadeh, a Gatorade bath is not an affront to the Steelers. They're reveling in their own accomplishments, not trying to show up the other team.

Yes, I get it was a big deal for them...not trying to take that away. That's why I exampled that I would have thought it equally tacky if the Steelers gave Tomlin a bath after finally beating the Patriots.

Something like that would stick with me were I a player though...intended affront or not. I get you side of it, it was just...odd.

Drizztbob
11-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Much like an unneeded two point conversion when up by 3 scores, the Ravens as a team are mostly tactless.

MasterOfPuppets
11-07-2011, 11:33 AM
hopefully the ravens will now give joe cool that 100 million dollar contract and hang that albatross around their neck for the next 6 or 7 years....:chuckle:

Opt2loc
11-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Much like an unneeded two point conversion when up by 3 scores, the Ravens as a team are mostly tactless.

:crying01:

mizzouristeeler
11-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Wait till the playoffs. That's where you will find out what kind of team you have.

CompuCoach
11-07-2011, 11:51 AM
That's why I exampled that I would have thought it equally tacky if the Steelers gave Tomlin a bath after finally beating the Patriots.

The comparison is not totally justified. The Steelers didn't beat the Patriots on a last second drive encompassing the length of the field, did they? That victory was more about getting the proverbial 'monkey off of their back.' If you were to say the Ravens had such a game with the Steelers, it would definitely have been that Week 1 win in Baltimore.

Like I said, it's not about 'beating the Steelers.' It's that winning in that fashion, on a seemingly improbable march down the field, was an exciting moment for them as a team. Their opponent being the Steelers, against whom they have had more than their fair share late-game frustrations, must factor in, but it is only a part of it.

SteelCityMom
11-07-2011, 12:05 PM
The comparison is not totally justified. The Steelers didn't beat the Patriots on a last second drive encompassing the length of the field, did they? That victory was more about getting the proverbial 'monkey off of their back.' If you were to say the Ravens had such a game with the Steelers, it would definitely have been that Week 1 win in Baltimore.

Like I said, it's not about 'beating the Steelers.' It's that winning in that fashion, on a seemingly improbable march down the field, was an exciting moment for them as a team. Their opponent being the Steelers, against whom they have had more than their fair share late-game frustrations, must factor in, but it is only a part of it.

That's fine...I'm too tired to really argue against it anymore right now anyhow. :chuckle:

I've just never seen anything like it honestly (not that I can remember anyway), and I know I wouldn't like if the Steelers did it in the regular season, no matter the situation.

Drizztbob
11-07-2011, 12:06 PM
:crying01:

Thank you, point proven. :tt:

Opt2loc
11-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Wait till the playoffs. That's where you will find out what kind of team you have.

What that will tell me is the Ravens are one of the best teams in the league.

Opt2loc
11-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Thank you, point proven. :tt:

Hey, it's just like your coach said how they should have stopped it if they didn't like it.
This isn't college.

Fire Arians
11-07-2011, 12:09 PM
What that will tell me is the Ravens are one of the best teams in the league.

Ravens are the best team in the AFC right now. but of course what matters is who's the best team in january, which might change. congrats on your win though, we will meet again :wink02:

Opt2loc
11-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Ravens are the best team in the AFC right now. but of course what matters is who's the best team in january, which might change. congrats on your win though, we will meet again :wink02:

100% agree. I hope we do meet again. Always makes for some great football.

SoCalFan
11-07-2011, 12:18 PM
ravens are NOT the best team in the AFC...BS! Alot of what ifs,but im sure there would have been a different outcome last night had Woodley and Sanders were playing,along with Farrior and others,we were NOT at full strength! Thats O.K,let these Rats have a moment because mark my word,that Steeler locker room knows they lost that game more than the ravens beat them! Anyone with common sense that watched that game knows that!We see em in the playoffs at full strength and it wont be close!!!

Fire Arians
11-07-2011, 12:21 PM
ravens are NOT the best team in the AFC...BS! Alot of what ifs,but im sure there would have been a different outcome last night had Woodley and Sanders were playing,along with Farrior and others,we were NOT at full strength! Thats O.K,let these Rats have a moment because mark my word,that Steeler locker room knows they lost that game more than the ravens beat them! Anyone with common sense that watched that game knows that!We see em in the playoffs at full strength and it wont be close!!!

I said they're the best team right NOW. injuries are part of the game and we gotta accept that. Reason why I'm not worried is we stood toe to toe with the ravens without sanders, woodley, and farrior, and if we can get healthy in time for the playoffs and face them again, I like our chances, even in their backyard.

but with that said I won't discredit their win, they deserved it. Like it or not, right now they are the top dog. Who's better than them? I think they're better overall than the patriots and the bills look to be falling off. the jets aren't going to be a championship team as long as dirty sanchez is their qb. the texans can be good or really bad, they need to have more consistency to make me a believer. cincy is still unproven until they beat a good team. afc west is a joke and i don't think anyone from that division are contenders.

stlrtruck
11-07-2011, 12:22 PM
I think we'll see them in the playoffs too. And I hope we do. I'm not afraid of playing them a third time and knocking them out of the playoffs for a third year in a row. However, if you're the ratbirds you've gotta be feeling confident about playing the Steelers in any location this year.

Opt2loc
11-07-2011, 12:27 PM

They were there in week #1. That's right, week #1 doesn't count anymore. :chuckle:

SoCalFan
11-07-2011, 12:27 PM
I said they're the best team right NOW. injuries are part of the game and we gotta accept that. Reason why I'm not worried is we stood toe to toe with the ravens without sanders, woodley, and farrior, and if we can get healthy in time for the playoffs and face them again, I like our chances, even in their backyard.

but with that said I won't discredit their win, they deserved it. Like it or not, right now they are the top dog. Who's better than them? I think they're better overall than the patriots and the bills look to be falling off. the jets aren't going to be a championship team as long as dirty sanchez is their qb. the texans can be good or really bad, they need to have more consistency to make me a believer. cincy is still unproven until they beat a good team. afc west is a joke and i don't think anyone from that division are contenders.

I still think we are better than them rite now,WE clearly lost that game more than they beat us! Really dont understand how you cant see that???

Fire Arians
11-07-2011, 12:39 PM
I still think we are better than them rite now,WE clearly lost that game more than they beat us! Really dont understand how you cant see that???

I know, I do feel like we had a better shot at winning, but the fact of the matter is they still won. I accept that. January is a different animal and I ain't worried :thumbsup:

CompuCoach
11-07-2011, 01:47 PM
They were there in week #1. That's right, week #1 doesn't count anymore. :chuckle:

Duh. That's because that was the Ravens' "Super Bowl," so both their performance and that of the Steelers (including Woodley, Farrior, et. al.) are null and void. The game didn't count, in essence. I'm not sure what it is that is so hard to understand about this concept.

tanda10506
11-07-2011, 01:54 PM
It was a close loss and if we were at full strength, or if LeBeau would have woke up from his first half nap, we probably would have one. So it's not this specific loss that I'm worried about, it's that the division is pretty out of reach. If we go 6-1 they have to lose 3 games for us to win the division, that's IF we go 6-1 and that's not even mentioning the Bengals.

Opt2loc
11-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Duh. That's because that was the Ravens' "Super Bowl," so both their performance and that of the Steelers (including Woodley, Farrior, et. al.) are null and void. The game didn't count, in essence. I'm not sure what it is that is so hard to understand about this concept.

Whatever makes you feel better.:chuckle:

ggoldman
11-07-2011, 02:45 PM
It was a close loss and if we were at full strength, or if LeBeau would have woke up from his first half nap, we probably would have one. So it's not this specific loss that I'm worried about, it's that the division is pretty out of reach. If we go 6-1 they have to lose 3 games for us to win the division, that's IF we go 6-1 and that's not even mentioning the Bengals.

I see them dropping one to the Chargers, 49ers, and Bengals

SteelCityMom
11-07-2011, 02:51 PM
I see them dropping one to the Chargers, 49ers, and Bengals

I think they kick the shit out of the Chargers honestly. Rivers is just playing abysmal this year.

I agree though about the 9ers and Bengals though (at least once...maybe even twice). I don't think it's impossible that they drop to the Seahawks next week either.

SteelCurtain5643
11-07-2011, 04:07 PM
We'll def meet in the playoffs and Flacco will choke like he always does, the little bitch he is. I was literally so mad last night I coulda killed someone.

tanda10506
11-07-2011, 04:58 PM
We'll def meet in the playoffs and Flacco will choke like he always does, the little bitch he is. I was literally so mad last night I coulda killed someone.

I know, I didn't even talk to anybody the rest of the night cause I knew the slightest little thing might spark a rage lol.

jjpro11
11-07-2011, 05:48 PM

what sucks is if we make just one stop on that final drive, he would have regained the choker status because of his fumble and 3 and out the next drive.

BleedPurple
11-08-2011, 12:30 AM

Well, he didn't choke last night, he stole the game.

there would have been a different outcome last night had Woodley and Sanders were playing,along with Farrior and others,we were NOT at full strength!

There's always some excuse among you Steelers fans. Honestly, I try to be respectful, but if it isn't Harrison crying about Goodell being after him (and Steelers fans say Ravens complain about the refs :rofl:), then it is tears over hard hits (that you would have applauded if it was your team getting away with it!), or it's some never ending list of "Well, if this were like this, and this went this way, and we had captain america on the field, and joe fell down 3 flights of stairs the night before. . . we would have WON"

Well sure, but the old saying goes"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we’d all have a merry Christmas". You LOST. You HAD Woodley/Sanders/Farrior week 1 and you LOST then too! That's the crazy, delusional part of it. Just own up to it and move on.

Thats O.K,let these Rats have a moment because mark my word,that Steeler locker room knows they lost that game more than the ravens beat them! Anyone with common sense that watched that game knows that!We see em in the playoffs at full strength and it wont be close!!!

You are really drinking the cool-aid, but whatever lets you sleep at night. Here's a reality check: we will most likely meet again in the play offs, and after this week more than likely at M&T (finally), and it is going to be a rough, hard hitting, smash mouth football game. It will probably be decided by less than a touchdown. I know who I WANT to win, but I am not so arrogant as to make a prediction a minimum 9 weeks from the time we actually meet again.

BleedPurple
11-08-2011, 12:33 AM

Also, still no response to this from Steelers fans (huge surprise right?).

StainlessStill
11-08-2011, 12:39 AM
Also, still no response to this from Steelers fans (huge surprise right?).

Ah, go the **** back to your own little playground until you actually win something (like the actual division.) Where the hell were you before the game? Scared to death to come out and not put up just because you knew you were scared to death to shutup? I'm getting sick and tired of you Ratbird fans coming in here now and ruffling the feathers. Didn't see your ass beforehand so GTFO and come back when something is clinched because of right now, the North is still up for grabs. Congrats on the win, but signing up this late in the game is starting to piss me off. Time to celebrate on your own stank of a board!

BleedPurple
11-08-2011, 01:21 AM
Ah, go the **** back to your own little playground until you actually win something (like the actual division.) Where the hell were you before the game? Scared to death to come out and not put up just because you knew you were scared to death to shutup? I'm getting sick and tired of you Ratbird fans coming in here now and ruffling the feathers. Didn't see your ass beforehand so GTFO and come back when something is clinched because of right now, the North is still up for grabs. Congrats on the win, but signing up this late in the game is starting to piss me off. Time to celebrate on your own stank of a board!

Since you just completely ignored my post, this is what I got from yours:

:blah: "Congrats on the win" :blah:

See you in the play offs

StainlessStill
11-08-2011, 01:59 AM
Since you just completely ignored my post, this is what I got from yours:

:blah: "Congrats on the win" :blah:

See you in the play offs

I don't even know what you were referencing but starting shit won't get you anywhere.:coffee:

IowaSteeler927
11-08-2011, 03:32 AM
Classless like the rest of the Ratbird fans, their players, and their coaches for that matter. You won the game because the officials consistently put you in position to get easier points with bogus penalty calls. To top it off Ray Lewis got away (Go figure, Lewis getting away with something **Cough**Murder**Cough**) with a blatantly illegal hit on Hines Ward that should've given us a first down then your classy coaching staff threw a challenge flag just to rub it in.

How about the non-existant pass interference call on Ike Taylor that lead to more Ratbird points. Even better the offiicials missed a blatant holding call on Michael Oher who literally tackled Jason Worilds by his shoulder pads during one of the plays of the Ravens final drive. Worilds had position on Oher and Oher was beat so he just tackled him and got away with it. Little hard to play defense when you get tackled by the offensive lineman who can't stand up and block like men. The icing on the cake however was the ridiculous push-off by Torey Smith that allowed him to make a catch and impeded William Gay from making a play on the ball.

We would've sent your sorry Ratbird asses back to Baltimore and probably to the tune of a double digit win if it hadn't been for the officials calilng one of the most lopsided games I've seen in recent memory. Normally these games are good, clean, hard fought battles and whomever wins I can have respect for but this was a joke. The Ravens have no class and they showed it dumping Gatorade on Harbaugh after the game.

How's that for a response? Take your sorry ass back to whatever rock you came crawling out under from. You can talk trash when you guys actually win meaningful playoff games and quit choking when it matters most.

SteelCityMom
11-08-2011, 06:51 AM
Well, he didn't choke last night, he stole the game.

There's always some excuse among you Steelers fans. Honestly, I try to be respectful, but if it isn't Harrison crying about Goodell being after him (and Steelers fans say Ravens complain about the refs :rofl:), then it is tears over hard hits (that you would have applauded if it was your team getting away with it!), or it's some never ending list of "Well, if this were like this, and this went this way, and we had captain america on the field, and joe fell down 3 flights of stairs the night before. . . we would have WON"

Well sure, but the old saying goes"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we’d all have a merry Christmas". You LOST. You HAD Woodley/Sanders/Farrior week 1 and you LOST then too! That's the crazy, delusional part of it. Just own up to it and move on.

You are really drinking the cool-aid, but whatever lets you sleep at night. Here's a reality check: we will most likely meet again in the play offs, and after this week more than likely at M&T (finally), and it is going to be a rough, hard hitting, smash mouth football game. It will probably be decided by less than a touchdown. I know who I WANT to win, but I am not so arrogant as to make a prediction a minimum 9 weeks from the time we actually meet again.

:blah::blah::blah:

Nice of the majority of you Ravens fans to join here AFTER the game and gloat. That takes a lot of courage man. :applaudit:

Why won't anyone respond to the points you made? Cause we don't give a shit. You make just as many excuses on your boards when you lose, so you can drop the holier than thou act.

Now go chest bump with everyone else on your own board. You couldn't be bothered to come here and talk football or smack BEFORE you knew the outcome of the game, so there's going to be little respect for you here because of that. Just a heads up.

Opt2loc
11-08-2011, 07:15 AM
I thought we were bad at making excuses for why we lost.

Man, some of you are real sore losers.

YOU LOST!!!!! Get over it and try to make the playoffs,

SteelCityMom
11-08-2011, 07:30 AM
I thought we were bad at making excuses for why we lost.

Man, some of you are real sore losers.

YOU LOST!!!!! Get over it and try to make the playoffs,

You guys are just as bad (often times worse) with the excuses. I've browsed enough Ravens forums after a loss to know this firsthand. (Nobody is worse than Colts fans, if that makes you feel any better)

We even had a member here for a while who STILL swears up and down that the reason the Ravens lost last year in the playoffs was because they were "tired" from the KC game. :rofl: That was AFTER he was saying the Ravens would win because the bye week would hurt the Steelers and make them rusty. It was pure comedy gold.

So you guys need to quit playing this little holier than thou game when it comes to fan bitching. Your boards were even making excuses BEFORE this game about the refs! And that's with you winning in week 1!

You guys won (actually the players won...we just sit here on message boards :chuckle: )...act like you've been there before.

Opt2loc
11-08-2011, 08:14 AM
You guys are just as bad (often times worse) with the excuses. I've browsed enough Ravens forums after a loss to know this firsthand. (Nobody is worse than Colts fans, if that makes you feel any better)

We even had a member here for a while who STILL swears up and down that the reason the Ravens lost last year in the playoffs was because they were "tired" from the KC game. :rofl: That was AFTER he was saying the Ravens would win because the bye week would hurt the Steelers and make them rusty. It was pure comedy gold.

So you guys need to quit playing this little holier than thou game when it comes to fan bitching. Your boards were even making excuses BEFORE this game about the refs! And that's with you winning in week 1!

You guys won (actually the players won...we just sit here on message boards :chuckle: )...act like you've been there before.

Didn't you read the first line of my post.

Believe me I jump on the excuse bandwagon myself. Guilty as charged.

You guys even complained about the Gator bath.:rofl:

SteelCityMom
11-08-2011, 08:25 AM

Yes, I did read the first line...and understood the context. You said it in a way that we were somehow worse in the excuse department than Ravens fans (or any other fans for that matter).

I'm guilty as charged about the Gatorade bath...but (in my mind at least), it wasn't complaining. I just thought it was ridiculous. That's just the silliest thing I've ever seen, honestly (next to Josh McDaniels), and will make a great addition to any blooper reel if they lose in the playoffs.

Nevermore
11-08-2011, 08:31 AM
I'm guilty as charged about the Gatorade bath...but (in my mind at least), it wasn't complaining. I just thought it was ridiculous. That's just the silliest thing I've ever seen, honestly.

Harbaugh had some grass stains on his sweat shirt from a play or two earlier when he tripped over the offensive coordinators headset chord. They were just trying to wash it off before the stain set in.

Had nothing to do with the win......

SteelCityMom
11-08-2011, 08:38 AM
Harbaugh had some grass stains on his sweat shirt from a play or two earlier when he tripped over the offensive coordinators headset chord. They were just trying to wash it off before the stain set in.

Had nothing to do with the win......

:rofl:

Hey! Don't make me laugh.

I hate you. :hmmph: :chuckle:

IowaSteeler927
11-08-2011, 09:51 AM

Damn right. The Baltimore Ravens are to the NFL what the Iowa State Cyclones are to College Football and the Iowa-ISU Rivalry. Iowa State always treats the rivalry game like their annual Superbowl and when little brother manages to squeak out a win all their fair weather fans come out from under their rocks running their mouths and talking shit. Then ISU loses focus on having a good season overall and the big picture because they have a Superbowl hangover.

I bet the Ravens do the same. I would love nothing more to be quite honest. Dumping Gatorade on the coach was ridiculous to say the least. It shows that the Ratbirds put too much of an emphasis on beating the Steelers that's why they get beat by teams like Jacksonville and almost lose to teams like Arizona.

BleedPurple
11-08-2011, 10:29 AM
Classless like the rest of the Ratbird fans, their players, and their coaches for that matter. You won the game because the officials consistently put you in position to get easier points with bogus penalty calls. To top it off Ray Lewis got away (Go figure, Lewis getting away with something **Cough**Murder**Cough**) with a blatantly illegal hit on Hines Ward that should've given us a first down then your classy coaching staff threw a challenge flag just to rub it in.

How about the non-existant pass interference call on Ike Taylor that lead to more Ratbird points. Even better the offiicials missed a blatant holding call on Michael Oher who literally tackled Jason Worilds by his shoulder pads during one of the plays of the Ravens final drive. Worilds had position on Oher and Oher was beat so he just tackled him and got away with it. Little hard to play defense when you get tackled by the offensive lineman who can't stand up and block like men. The icing on the cake however was the ridiculous push-off by Torey Smith that allowed him to make a catch and impeded William Gay from making a play on the ball.

We would've sent your sorry Ratbird asses back to Baltimore and probably to the tune of a double digit win if it hadn't been for the officials calilng one of the most lopsided games I've seen in recent memory. Normally these games are good, clean, hard fought battles and whomever wins I can have respect for but this was a joke. The Ravens have no class and they showed it dumping Gatorade on Harbaugh after the game.

How's that for a response? Take your sorry ass back to whatever rock you came crawling out under from. You can talk trash when you guys actually win meaningful playoff games and quit choking when it matters most.

Geeze, you guys are really bitter; you must have really wanted this game.

Don't get me started on the gatorade dump, I cringed when I saw it. Act like you been there boys!

Also, can we come off the stupid Ray Lewis taunt. It doesn't upset anyone--he witnessed a murder at most, and Big Ben actually did get away with a violent crime by paying off his rape victim. So just come off it, seriously.

And lopsided? Are you forgetting the phantom hold on Torrey Smith that took 7 points off the board for us?

BleedPurple
11-08-2011, 10:40 AM
:blah::blah::blah:

Nice of the majority of you Ravens fans to join here AFTER the game and gloat. That takes a lot of courage man. :applaudit:

Why won't anyone respond to the points you made? Cause we don't give a shit. You make just as many excuses on your boards when you lose, so you can drop the holier than thou act.

Now go chest bump with everyone else on your own board. You couldn't be bothered to come here and talk football or smack BEFORE you knew the outcome of the game, so there's going to be little respect for you here because of that. Just a heads up.

That's fine, mutual respect from steelers fans isn't exactly on my bucket list. I joined in response to some of the ridiculous comments on this board following the game, not to gloat. Just wanted to give a reality check: refs are bad for both sides in almost every game, there will be helmet to helmet on both sides almost every game (between the two of us anyway), and we had offensive weapons on the sideline just like you had defensive weapons out. So stop whining and making excuses. Just say "we lost, but we will see you again in the playoffs".

UF-Steeler
11-08-2011, 10:40 AM

Don't get me started on the gatorade dump, I cringed when I saw it. Act like you been there boys!

Also, can we come off the stupid Ray Lewis taunt. It doesn't upset anyone--he witnessed a murder at most, and Big Ben actually did get away with a violent crime by paying off his rape victim. So just come off it, seriously.

And lopsided? Are you forgetting the phantom hold on Torrey Smith that took 7 points off the board for us?

You know for a fact that he got away with a violent crime by paying off his rape victim? lol. That comment alone makes your credibility go out the window, include the fact that you're a Ravens fan and it makes you look trollish.

Grats on the win. It must be nice to see your team finally win a couple games against the Steelers. I guess that's all a Ravens fan can hope for because we all know they're not winning the Super Bowl.

Edit: We can whine, cry, and bitch all we want. We're fans of a team. We're not players. I don't see a rule that says we have to be good sports about every loss. Get over yourself and your shitty fan base.

Opt2loc
11-08-2011, 10:43 AM

Don't get me started on the gatorade dump, I cringed when I saw it. Act like you been there boys!Also, can we come off the stupid Ray Lewis taunt. It doesn't upset anyone--he witnessed a murder at most, and Big Ben actually did get away with a violent crime by paying off his rape victim. So just come off it, seriously.

I thought the gator dump was hilarious as well as a little goofy. Give them a break.
Harbaugh has never swept the squeelers before. It made it more exciting (for me anyway) to sweep them in that way in their backyard. They just rubbed it in a little.:chuckle:

steelfury02
11-08-2011, 11:12 AM
can you please change your avatar - it makes me very uncomfortable:yep:

GMU Steeler
11-08-2011, 11:12 AM
The gatorade dump doesn't bother me but I do think it's funny that the Ravens felt the need to celebrate like they won the Super Bowl or conference or even the division. It was week 9. They earned the win and I won't deny them that but it was I feel tacky but hey keep on celebrating because this season is far from over.

SteelCityMom
11-08-2011, 11:27 AM
That's fine, mutual respect from steelers fans isn't exactly on my bucket list. I joined in response to some of the ridiculous comments on this board following the game, not to gloat. Just wanted to give a reality check: refs are bad for both sides in almost every game, there will be helmet to helmet on both sides almost every game (between the two of us anyway), and we had offensive weapons on the sideline just like you had defensive weapons out. So stop whining and making excuses. Just say "we lost, but we will see you again in the playoffs".

Man...I hope you say this same bullshit on the Ravens boards as well after they lose a game. I for one am not stupid enough to join a Ravens board after they lose to us just to counter their whining. The two I lurk at also ban people quick as hell for that too....so, take that for what it's worth.

It's just, what the hell do you expect? We're fans, we're frustrated, we're bitching. Get over it. Most of us have given out our congrats to some of the fans here and now we're bitching. This is not something new to sports message boards at all.

I don't care about getting respect from you. I just think it's hilarious the wave of Ravens fans that we've had join the past couple of days who wouldn't even think to join had they lost. Whatever though...it'll make the next win that much sweeter.

StainlessStill
11-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Just say "we lost, but we will see you again in the playoffs".

I can't even count the number of posts where I, or anyone one else, said "Congrats on the win, see you in the playoffs." You've got to be a real BONEHEAD not to expect a backlash after a loss like that, especially the way the officiating was called on both sides of the coin since you Ratbird fans from ALL over the forums always claim the refs are out to win it for the Steelers at every game! This is nothing new, this is football-loss 101. The fanbase collides with each other after a loss like that and emotion and anger will get in the way of looking at missed opportunities. You and the rest of your cronies coming here after to stir the pot even further are nothing but hypocrites. In fact, Ravens fans are the WORST after a loss, believe it or not, is a worse war-zone than ANYTHING you'd ever see in here. Steelers fans wouldn't last a mere 2 seconds on your boards if we pulled the bullshit you are doing here. FACT.

Even one of your own resides here, named booby jr. You should SEE his antics he pulled on these boards. Funny thing is, is that I admired that last drive. It was a game for the ages (when isn't it?) but don't act like you wouldn't have something to say if Tomlin was splashed with Gatorade on the sidelines, Super Bowl style if we would have won. Your boards would be FUELED and riveted and would be the first to erupt. Keep talking after a victory and keep acting like you're so shocked to see backlash. Because I know you're so civil and so lovey dovey after a loss, right? Like I said, GTFO until we meet again. Sick of you thinking you have the right to make an account on our turf just because you had to defend your team after a win. GO ON YOUR OWN STANK PLAYGROUND from here on out to do that.

Oh yah, congrats on the win. Going to be a fun ride kicking your ass in the playoffs and eliminating you for the FOURTH time in the past 10 years and it doesn't matter where it's at. CAN'T WAIT.

Opt2loc
11-08-2011, 01:55 PM
I can't even count the number of posts where I, or anyone one else, said "Congrats on the win, see you in the playoffs." You've got to be a real BONEHEAD not to expect a backlash after a loss like that, especially the way the officiating was called on both sides of the coin since you Ratbird fans from ALL over the forums always claim the refs are out to win it for the Steelers at every game! This is nothing new, this is football-loss 101. The fanbase collides with each other after a loss like that and emotion and anger will get in the way of looking at missed opportunities. You and the rest of your cronies coming here after to stir the pot even further are nothing but hypocrites. In fact, Ravens fans are the WORST after a loss, believe it or not, is a worse war-zone than ANYTHING you'd ever see in here. Steelers fans wouldn't last a mere 2 seconds on your boards if we pulled the bullshit you are doing here. FACT.

Even one of your own resides here, named booby jr. You should SEE his antics he pulled on these boards. Funny thing is, is that I admired that last drive. It was a game for the ages (when isn't it?) but don't act like you wouldn't have something to say if Tomlin was splashed with Gatorade on the sidelines, Super Bowl style if we would have won. Your boards would be FUELED and riveted and would be the first to erupt. Keep talking after a victory and keep acting like you're so shocked to see backlash. Because I know you're so civil and so lovey dovey after a loss, right? Like I said, GTFO until we meet again. Sick of you thinking you have the right to make an account on our turf just because you had to defend your team after a win. GO ON YOUR OWN STANK PLAYGROUND from here on out to do that.

Oh yah, congrats on the win. Going to be a fun ride kicking your ass in the playoffs and eliminating you for the FOURTH time in the past 10 years and it doesn't matter where it's at. CAN'T WAIT.

Of course we would, the squeelers have ruined our season enough times in the Harbaugh/Flacco era. It's nothing new for you. For once it was our turn and we topped it off with a little gatorade splash. So what.:chuckle:

StainlessStill
11-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Of course we would, the squeelers have ruined our season enough times in the Harbaugh/Flacco era. It's nothing new for you. For once it was our turn and we topped it off with a little gatorade splash. So what.:chuckle:

It was your turn? Exactly the mentality we're talking about. Makes you second rate POSERS at best. Lack of professionalism. What exactly was your turn and what exactly was won Week 9 of the regular season? That wasn't even for the division championship. I can see it being dumped if it was significant enough of a division crown, a first or second seed or even a playoff birth but it was neither. There's 7 games left to be played and the standing read 6-2, 6-2, 6-3. Nothing is won. Nothing. True, we dumped Gatorade on Tomlin.....in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP!

Opt2loc
11-08-2011, 02:11 PM
It was your turn? Exactly the mentality we're talking about. Makes you second rate POSERS at best. Lack of professionalism. What exactly was your turn and what exactly was won Week 9 of the regular season? That wasn't even for the division championship. I can see it being dumped if it was significant enough of a division crown, a first or second seed or even a playoff birth but it was neither. There's 7 games left to be played and the standing read 6-2, 6-2, 6-3. Nothing is won. Nothing. True, we dumped Gatorade on Tomlin.....in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP!

I loved reading how so important this game was to you guys till the squeelers lost. Now it's,
this was just another game the squeelers needed to win, :rofl:

Yes, it was our turn and we did it!!!! With Gatorade. We'll make sure we got plenty of if we see you in the playoffs. Dress warm.:hatsoff:

StainlessStill
11-08-2011, 02:15 PM
I loved reading how so important this game was to you guys till the squeelers lost. Now it's,
this was just another game the squeelers needed to win, :rofl:

Yes, it was our turn and we did it!!!! With Gatorade. We'll make sure we got plenty of if we see you in the playoffs. Dress warm.:hatsoff:

Nice back-peddle! Tell me, is the division won?

jjpro11
11-08-2011, 02:33 PM
why are you purple fags still here? you won.. go away and hope the Ravens don't have another let down this week.

SteelSkirts
11-08-2011, 11:01 PM
I see the Steelers going on a downward spiral and missing playoffs. Where has Troy been this season? lol I think the tide is finally turning and it's time for the Ravens to put some ownage on the Skirts

StainlessStill
11-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Lmao, you pieces of shit Ratbird fans are so green. A fanbase that is in serious danger of setting themselves up for failure this early in the season. There's a whole second half to be played. Keep chirpin! It might just come back to bite yah! The only "ownage" happens in the playoffs, period, end of story. In all seriousness, if Baltimore wants to advance, you idiots will probably STILL have to go through us, regardless your 2-0 mark thus far on us.

SteelCityMom
11-08-2011, 11:20 PM
I see the Steelers going on a downward spiral and missing playoffs. Where has Troy been this season? lol I think the tide is finally turning and it's time for the Ravens to put some ownage on the Skirts

Bye bye troll...next time try and stop by BEFORE the game. :wave:

SteelCityMom
11-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Moving this and some other threads into the BF.

If you Ratbird trolls want to come here and stir things up...keep it contained to the threads in the Blast Furnace instead of derailing others. I promise not to ban all of you...right away. :chuckle:

stb_steeler
11-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Moving this and some other threads into the BF.

If you Ratbird trolls want to come here and stir things up...keep it contained to the threads in the Blast Furnace instead of derailing others. I promise not to ban all of you...right away. :chuckle:

No they rather start new ones, because they know they wont stay long.

ravenstsizzle
11-10-2011, 03:35 PM

What fugging morons.

Considering how many victories we have had in Heinz field,I think the Gatorade bath was
entirely appropriate.

I cannot think of a tougher place to play an away game.

tony hipchest
11-13-2011, 06:28 PM

why was it such an awful post? because it was correct? your team is frauds. get used to it. the ravens get to win ZERO "more" superbowls this year. :sofunny:

dont vote for pedro.

gatorade baths for all! :toofunny:

MACH1
11-13-2011, 06:39 PM
the ravens get to win ZERO "more" superbowls this year.

Butt they do get participation trophies.

http://img2.prosperent.com/images/250x250/www.edenfantasys.com/SexToysBImages/Sex_Toys_WSSSCREWBB.jpg

:rofl: