PDA

View Full Version : New charges against Bengals' Henry.....

DIESELMAN
06-15-2006, 08:17 AM
COVINGTON, Ky. -- Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry was charged Wednesday with providing alcohol to three underage females, his fourth arrest in the last seven months.

Henry, 23, surrendered to Kenton County authorities on three misdemeanor counts of unlawful transaction with a minor and posted $2,500 bond. He could get up to a year in jail and a $500 fine on each count if convicted. Henry will be arraigned Thursday, the prosecutor's office said.

Henry was charged June 4 in nearby Clermont County, Ohio, with speeding and drunken driving. He also faces trial Aug. 21 in Orlando, Fla., on a concealed weapon charge involving allegations that he pulled a pistol on a group of revelers in January.

He was previously prosecuted in Kenton County for a December arrest on marijuana charges, pleading guilty in March and avoiding jail time after completing a drug rehabilitation program.

The latest charges grew out of an investigation into an 18-year-old woman's initial claim April 30 that Henry sexually assaulted her at a hotel. Police said she changed her story, and they charged her with a misdemeanor account of filing a false police report.

The woman was one of the females to whom Henry is alleged to have provided alcohol. The others are 15 and 16, authorities said.

Assistant Kenton County Attorney Kenneth Easterling, noting Henry's series of arrests, said authorities are still investigating and could file additional charges against him or others.

"Criminal justice is to impose accountability, to get people to either quit offending the law or rehabilitate them. Obviously, his recidivism is of concern to the Commonwealth," Easterling said.

The Bengals declined comment.

"We just don't feel it's appropriate to comment on these things when they are in a state of just being charges," spokesman Jack Brennan said. "We'll await a resolution."

Coach Marvin Lewis last week expressed concern about Henry's continued problems.

"That bothers me when someone doesn't quite understand social laws," Lewis said. "That bothers me, no question."

Henry, drafted in the third round last year out of West Virginia, is recovering from a knee injury. He emerged last season as the Bengals' No. 3 wide receiver.

A message was left with his attorney, Robert Lotz.

HOLY COW!!!!!

SteelerzGirl
06-15-2006, 09:52 PM
Two of the girls were ages 15 and 16? Wow! :poke:

CantStop85
06-15-2006, 09:59 PM
Two of the girls were ages 15 and 16? Wow! :poke:
Well...if you add them together they're 31. :blurp:

Black@Gold Forever32
06-15-2006, 10:02 PM
What a flaming pile of cow dung Chris Henry is. Steelers Nation lock your daughters in the house when Chris Henry comes to your town.

Ohio Steeler
06-16-2006, 05:12 AM
when oh when will the Bungals do the right thing and cut this thug

Steel Pit
06-16-2006, 05:18 AM
This is the man that our parents used to warn us about when we were children.
HE'S THE BOOGIE MAN!

Prosdo
06-16-2006, 06:02 AM
Man this guy just doesn't learn!

DIESELMAN
06-16-2006, 09:22 AM
As a condition of the bond, Kenton District Judge Douglas Grothaus ordered Henry to not drink any alcohol and have no contact with minors. :dang:

SteelerFanInCA
06-16-2006, 05:31 PM
That's just insane. Some people just never learn I guess.

steelerfan12
06-16-2006, 08:38 PM
wow he's a slow one u think u would learn!

DIESELMAN
06-17-2006, 08:15 AM
when oh when will the Bungals do the right thing and cut this thug
NFL teams can't cut injured players, even if they've been arrested four times in the past seven months. Healthy players are fair game. He's rehabing from the knee injury he suffered in the Bengals' postseason loss to Pittsburgh.

BengalBrian
06-17-2006, 11:01 AM
NFL teams can't cut injured players, even if they've been arrested four times in the past seven months. Healthy players are fair game. He's rehabing from the knee injury he suffered in the Bengals' postseason loss to Pittsburgh.
Yup

Thank you for responding.. I really do think when Marvin can, he is gone..

I certainly hope so anyway... It's painful to see such a young talented individual go like that, but the negative image is sucking as is the fact that I cant help but wonder if the absense of Odell is due to being so close with Henry and being in trouble himself... I want Henry gone before he infects our team even more

SteelCityMan786
06-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Henry what is up with him. can't seem to stay out of a prison cell.

BengalBrian
06-17-2006, 12:07 PM
Henry what is up with him. can't seem to stay out of a prison cell.
They havent thrown him in a prison yet.. But its what needs to happen..

tony hipchest
06-17-2006, 07:03 PM
Yup

Thank you for responding.. I really do think when Marvin can, he is gone..

I certainly hope so anyway... It's painful to see such a young talented individual go like that, but the negative image is sucking as is the fact that I cant help but wonder if the absense of Odell is due to being so close with Henry and being in trouble himself... I want Henry gone before he infects our team even more sorry to burst your "clean imaged team's" bubble but c. henry isnt going anywhere. the bengals have already invested in him as part of their future. thoe only reason henry is acting the way he does, is because he knows he can get away with it with no reprecussions that arent sanctionned by the nfl.

was chad johnson disciplined for going after a coach? no. but supposedly the one who leaked the story to the media was free to walk.

if henry is suspended by the nfl the bengals will wait it out and HOPE he's learned his lesson, if not, they hope he's healed and ready to suit up week 1.

SteelCityMan786
06-17-2006, 10:40 PM
They havent thrown him in a prison yet.. But its what needs to happen..

The bengals need to RID him. He's a decent on field player but he is RUINING you guys off it.