PDA

View Full Version : Bounty on Hines Ward was worth how much $$$?

tony hipchest
11-07-2011, 12:24 AM
im thinking it had to be quite a bit for suggs to publicly beg him to play. you would think it would be quite a bit for ray lewis to risk a penalty and possible fine as well, but he couldnt give a shit about that.

being that the pot started a few years back (atleast), it had to be several thousand bucks, minimum.

MACH1
11-07-2011, 12:26 AM
I asked this same question in the game thread.

I'm sure it was enough to cover any fines they'd get.

SoCalFan
11-07-2011, 12:27 AM
Not sure on that one but I bet the league does fine Lewis for the hit,7-15k only because they feel like they have to!

#1LambertFan
11-07-2011, 01:38 AM
Not sure on that one but I bet the league does fine Lewis for the hit,7-15k only because they feel like they have to!

Lewis can escape prosecution, so what makes you think he won't escape this fine? But I think a suspension is in order due solely to the fact an admitted bounty has been on his head for years. One of these days we'll get lucky like the Rats do but until then I'm satisfied with being the better team

TRH
11-07-2011, 07:03 AM
Its worth ZERO, at least if you're talking fines as a penalty for your bounty.

Hines was hit helmet-to-helmet twice just last year....clearly.....neither one resulted in a fine. While numerous other hits around the league, including a bunch by this time, were fined and ridiculed.