PDA

View Full Version : The Mental thing

siss
06-15-2006, 10:44 AM
One thing that I have been worried about that is does he really think he invinsible. A lot of people have said that you feel invisible at 24, I've even heard Ben say that he feels invisible sometimes. So with this accident and the fact that he is getting off VERY lucky, is it possible that he may even be more of a risk taker after this because now he thinks he can do what ever he wants and not get hurt or get away with only some bumps and bruses. Or do you think he has enough of a brain and a little common sence and he won't ride again or at the very least with a helmet?

Ohio Steeler
06-15-2006, 10:50 AM
its hard to say siss everyone responds different when something bad happens to them like what happened to Big Ben, as for him an the Bike I am sure the Steelers will be adding something in his Contract that he will not be allowed to ride unles he has a helment on or they mite just say he cant ride at all...

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
06-15-2006, 11:17 AM
I think Ben understands just how close he came to dying on monday. You have to figure that if he didnt hit the windshild with his face and he hit part of the metal on the car he would not have been so lucky.

I dont know f he will stop riding a bike and i dont think he should have to stop but i know it would make me think twice

STEEL-MAN
06-15-2006, 11:37 AM
One thing that I have been worried about that is does he really think he invinsible. A lot of people have said that you feel invisible at 24, I've even heard Ben say that he feels invisible sometimes. So with this accident and the fact that he is getting off VERY lucky, is it possible that he may even be more of a risk taker after this because now he thinks he can do what ever he wants and not get hurt or get away with only some bumps and bruses. Or do you think he has enough of a brain and a little common sence and he won't ride again or at the very least with a helmet?

I felt that way, though life has a way of showing us our mortality. In Ben's case the light bulb just gone off! He'll be fine! :dang:

Steelers
06-15-2006, 11:59 AM
"A lot of people have said that you feel invisible at 24, I've even heard Ben say that he feels invisible sometimes."

If I felt invisible, I'd walk around naked.

blackngoldbaby
06-15-2006, 12:52 PM
i think hell learn from this and i think hell wear a helmet next time i mean common scence i know he feels invincible but i think after this hes learned a lesson but i hope he never rides again until hes retired but...... if he does im sure hell wear a helmet.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-15-2006, 02:13 PM
I hope he doesn't ride again (until he is no longer a football player) and I think the Steelers will put a no-riding clause in his next contract (and if he signs with another team,which i doubt,they'll have the same clause).

SteelerFanInCA
06-16-2006, 01:21 PM
I believe based on his statements he released, he pretty much knows whats at stake now. It's still OK for him to believe he is invincilbe on the football field though. He's a tough cookie and I believe mentally he should be fine.

Big D
06-16-2006, 01:31 PM
he's going to keep riding. didnt he say in his press statement he's going to wear a helmet for now on

HometownGal
06-16-2006, 01:57 PM
Ben is young, headstrong and threw caution to the wind as I think most of us did at his age. From reading his statement, the accident was obviously a life changing experience for him which I think will only make him mentally stronger, even tougher and more determined to return to his stature before the accident.

Suitanim
06-16-2006, 05:41 PM
When I was 18, I was in the backseat of a car that flipped end over end 3-4 times. There were 4 of us, and we were all drinking, so me and the other dude in the backseat fled to keep the amount of possibly conflicting stories to a minimum.

The insurance investigator said that if anyone would have been in the backseat, they'd have been killed. Now, I was 18, and literally thought I was Superman, but that incident messed me up so bad I had trouble with control (basically couldn't be a passenger, had to drive) for at least 10 years, and I had a lot trouble driving in the rain for probably half that long (It was raining that night).

I'd say he probably learned his lesson and will be a lot more cautious in the future...

tony hipchest
06-16-2006, 05:56 PM
although bens statement yesterday seemed TOO perfect, if it was his words, i noticed something. very minor choice of words but it stood out. he didnt say he was looking forward to getting back on the field or playing football again. he said he was looking forward to "winning games".

to me this little choice of words is HUGE, showing where his head is at. maybe he focusses a little less on partying and living it up, collecting bikes etc. and focusses more on the film study, weightroom, pleasing his coach, and not letting his teammates down.

he will come out of this having even more to prove and a greater appreciation for his talents and potential. dude is tough as nails. not only physically, but mentally as well.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-16-2006, 06:07 PM
although bens statement yesterday seemed TOO perfect, if it was his words, i noticed something. very minor choice of words but it stood out. he didnt say he was looking forward to getting back on the field or playing football again. he said he was looking forward to "winning games".

to me this little choice of words is HUGE, showing where his head is at. maybe he focusses a little less on partying and living it up, collecting bikes etc. and focusses more on the film study, weightroom, pleasing his coach, and not letting his teammates down.

he will come out of this having even more to prove and a greater appreciation for his talents and potential. dude is tough as nails. not only physically, but mentally as well.

Very good points Tony. I noticed that to that Ben said he looked forward to winning games. I agree I see Ben becoming more of a film rat and dedicated to football. Not to say he wasn't dedicated before. But I don't think he put in the film study like alot of other NFL players.