PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger expected to play September 7th

Ohio Steeler
06-15-2006, 12:04 PM
POSTED: 4:04 pm EDT June 14, 2006
UPDATED: 4:53 pm EDT June 14, 2006

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/9370776/detail.html

PITTSBURGH -- Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is expected to play when the Steelers open the regular season on September 7th against the Dolphins at Heinz Field, Channel 4 Action Sports reporter Jon Burton said.

Reports seem to indicate that despite Roethlisberger's numerous injuries, the Steelers quarterback should be ready to go by the time the season starts.

Roethlisberger was riding his Suzuki Hayabusa on Second Avenue when he collided with a car near the 10th Street Bridge late Monday morning, police said. He fractured his upper and lower jaws, broke his nose, fractured other facial bones, had multiple head lacerations, suffered a mild concussion, and lost two teeth and chipped several others.

Doctors said his brain is functioning normally and a computerized-tomography scan showed no injury.

Roethlisberger, 24, was initially listed in serious but stable condition. He underwent seven hours of surgery on Monday.

SteelerFanInCA
06-16-2006, 02:10 PM
Wow, talk about turn of events. I can't believe they are penciling him in as the potential first game starter. That's great news. Let's just hope Big Ben can pull of this challenge.

Big D
06-16-2006, 02:13 PM
I had no doubt he wouldnt be ready before the openor. i wouldnt be surprised if we saw him start at least one of the preseason games

section514
06-16-2006, 02:32 PM
All I am going to say, is that I really do not want to listen to John Madden ramble on about Ben's accident when we play the fins.:dang:

HometownGal
06-16-2006, 02:51 PM
All I am going to say, is that I really do not want to listen to John Madden ramble on about Ben's accident when we play the fins.:dang:

Amen to that. Ughhhhh.

Ohio Steeler
06-16-2006, 03:26 PM

now you know he will the whole game, and this is why I will have the TV on mute and have the game on WDVE

RoethlisBURGHer
06-16-2006, 03:42 PM
I need to get Sirius Radio before the opener so I can mute Madden and listen to the Steelers crew.

And if not,I'll mute the TV and do play-by-play my damn self.

SteelerFanInCA
06-16-2006, 05:25 PM
I'll listen to anything that clown has to say on Ben. I'm just glad Ben will be alive and able to play in that game. Madden can kiss my ass.

silver & black
06-16-2006, 06:13 PM
That's great news. I hope he is 100% when he takes the field.

silver & black
06-16-2006, 06:16 PM
I'll listen to anything that clown has to say on Ben. I'm just glad Ben will be alive and able to play in that game. Madden can kiss my ass.
Now, now... clown? I admitt, he is not the greatest announcer but, a clown?... I think not. He is the winningest coach in NFL history with a .750% win record.

SteelerFanInCA
06-16-2006, 06:18 PM
Now, now... clown? I admitt, he is not the greatest announcer but, a clown?... I think not. He is the winningest coach in NFL history with a .750% win record.
Just never been a big fan of his.