PDA

View Full Version : Harrison a force in return from injury

SteelCityMom
11-07-2011, 08:46 AM
Harrison a force in return from injury
Posted: Monday, November 7, 2011 12:23 am | Updated: 12:51 am, Mon Nov 7, 2011.
By John Perrotto Times Sports Correspondent
http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/harrison-a-force-in-return-from-injury/article_25644cbb-46bd-5201-872d-3ddc4df38c08.html

PITTSBURGH — It was hard to believe James Harrison hadn’t played for a month. It was even harder to believe that he felt just three days earlier that he wouldn’t play on Sunday night.

The star linebacker had three sacks, including one that might made the difference in the game if the Steelers hadn’t fallen to the Baltimore Ravens 23-20 on Sunday night at Heinz Field.

“I can’t be happy about coming back and play well because my whole motivation in playing the game is to win,” Harrison said. “We didn’t win, so I’m not happy.

Harrison missed the previous four games with a broken eye socket that he suffered in a loss to the Texans at Houston on Oct. 2. Harrison felt he was going to miss a fifth game before team doctors cleared him to play following an examination on Friday.

“I was a little winded at times but I felt better out there than I thought I would,” Harrison said.

Harrison’s last sack looked to be his biggest as he hit Joe Flacco and forced a fumble with the Steelers trailing 16-13. William Gay recovered, ending a Baltimore drive at the Steelers’ 42.

The Steelers then drove 58 yards in six plays and went ahead 20-16 with 4:59 left when Mike Wallace caught a 25-yard touchdown pass from Ben Roethlisberger.

However, the Ravens won it with eight seconds left as Torrey Smith caught a 26-yard touchdown pass from Flacco.

Harrison raised his career sacks total to 54, moving him him into fourth place on the Steelers’ career list. He passed Greg Lloyd by a half-sack. The NFL did not make the sack an official statistic until 1982.

Harrison also made a team-leading eight solo tackles.

“He played great,” Steelers linebacker Lawrence Timmons said. “He’s an energy guy. We played at a different level when he’s out there. He’s an all-star player, one of the best in the league.”

Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel wasn’t surprised that Harrison played at a high level despite being out for so long.

“He got out on the edge, rushed the passer and made big plays,” Keisel said. “He did what he always does, what we expect him to do”

stlrtruck
11-07-2011, 08:52 AM
With him back in form, and Woodley returning soon (hopefully this week against the bungals), it'll hopefully create some havoc for offenses again. And oh, create some TOs

SteelCityMom
11-07-2011, 08:59 AM
With him back in form, and Woodley returning soon (hopefully this week against the bungals), it'll hopefully create some havoc for offenses again. And oh, create some TOs

And Farrior too...Agree about the TO's though. I've never seen this D get so many chances and not capitalize on them. It's like Ike infected everyone with stonehandyiosis.

Pedro Cerrano
11-07-2011, 10:18 AM
He's an absurdly good pass rusher. We doubled him on several occasions and it wasn't good enough. Seeing out of shape McKinnie trying to block him was comical.

casteeler
11-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Not trying to change the subject but Where have you been Foote? Good to see Harrison and Foote causing havoc

SoCalFan
11-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Man Harrison was a BEAST!!! I feel sorry for the bungles next week after this loss! Im just hoping we enter the playoffs with everyone healthy,oh yea and to have a chance to knock the rats out of the playoffs again! I still think if all was healthy yesterday,and Sanders was playing that game wouldnt have been close!