PDA

View Full Version : Ben & Concussions

RichmondVA
06-15-2006, 12:25 PM
I've heard the doctors indicate that Ben suffered no damage to the brain but also indicated he suffered a concussion. Aren't they the same thing?

Does anyone know if Ben has suffered concussions during his career (I assume he has)?

Does anyone worry about concussions becoming more prevelant as his career continues? Over the years I've heard that once you receive a concussion, you are more apt to receive another.

siss
06-15-2006, 12:59 PM
I dont know about the concussions but I know he was broken his nose before.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-15-2006, 03:58 PM
By no brain damage they mean nothing major and permanent.Techincally,a concussion is brain damage.

And we won't have to worry about Ben getting many concussions unless he gets hit in the head and/or has his head slammed into the turf a lot in his carrer.

section514
06-15-2006, 04:04 PM
Concussions do tend to occure more frequently after the first one. Ben took the concussion test and scored a 13. A normal person scores a 15. Since he hit his face/jaw area square on the hood, his jaw acted as a cushion for the rest of his head. Therefore his brain did not take as big of a blow as it would have, say he hit forehead first.

And we won't have to worry about Ben getting many concussions unless he gets hit in the head and/or has his head slammed into the turf a lot in his carrer.

-he is only 24
-he plays football
-our o-line does not fill all 5 spots in the pro bowl.

Thats like saying, Ben won't wreck his bike again, unless he drives too fast or hits some gravel

the chance of getting a concussion is always going to be there no matter what.