PDA

View Full Version : Cincy game a must win

tburhans
11-07-2011, 09:25 AM
In my opinion this weeks game at cincy is a must win for us. With balt and cincy both sitting at 6-2 and us at 6-3 we have to win to not fall a game back in the division. A loss would also put us at 0-3 in the division and basically leaving us with no way to win any tie breaker if it came down to it. Im assuming we rebound from last nights game and put together a good game in cincy

Nevermore
11-07-2011, 09:51 AM
And with a win (and a Ravens win in Seattle) you put the Ravens in first place! Oh the horror!! :wink02:

SteelHaven
11-07-2011, 10:08 AM
We hold the 6th seed as of now

SteelCityMom
11-07-2011, 10:09 AM
And with a win (and a Ravens win in Seattle) you put the Ravens in first place! Oh the horror!! :wink02:

Honestly? As much as I despise the Ravens...I hate the Bungles more. I've never been able to have a shred of respect for that team. I'd obviously prefer if the Steelers always had the division lead...but anything is better than dealing with a Bungles team and fanbase that has the division lead. They just aren't worth it.

Nevermore
11-07-2011, 11:04 AM
Honestly? As much as I despise the Ravens...I hate the Bungles more. I've never been able to have a shred of respect for that team. I'd obviously prefer if the Steelers always had the division lead...but anything is better than dealing with a Bungles team and fanbase that has the division lead. They just aren't worth it.

I'm cheering for a tie!!! :applaudit:

defence
11-07-2011, 11:41 AM

Is there not a rat bird board for u to have your fun with?? Like seriously!! What have you won?? Two frikin games in regular season!! Talk shit when it matters; and that would be in the playoffs!! Have your fun; we will see u in january friend!!

StainlessStill
11-07-2011, 12:06 PM
Is there not a rat bird board for u to have your fun with?? Like seriously!! What have you won?? Two frikin games in regular season!! Talk shit when it matters; and that would be in the playoffs!! Have your fun; we will see u in january friend!!

Keep him here. All those Ratf*ck fans on their own sissy board banned me for obviously talking the Steelers up as well as matchups between both teams. No trolling whatsoever. This bonehead who's posting now is obviously lighting the fire ("Beat Cincy for us!" F*ck you, how about that?) but I like how we are lenient here at SteelersFever. We can handle the shit talk because quite frankly, they will see us again whether they like it or not. 2 games isn't do or die with 8 more to go!

SteelCityMom
11-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Keep him here. All those Ratf*ck fans on their own sissy board banned me for obviously talking the Steelers up as well as matchups between both teams. No trolling whatsoever. This bonehead who's posting now is obviously lighting the fire ("Beat Cincy for us!" F*ck you, how about that?) but I like how we are lenient here at SteelersFever. We can handle the shit talk because quite frankly, they will see us again whether they like it or not. 2 games isn't do or die with 8 more to go!

Yeah...for the most part they've been ok (banned a lot of obvious trolls with nothing intelligent to say last night though). I get that they want to have some swagger and trash talk to an extent after that though. I'm ok with that honestly. That's part of the fun of a rivalry like this.

Sometimes you gotta have a bit of salt poured in your wounds to make that next victory(s) all the more sweeter.

Fire Arians
11-07-2011, 12:14 PM
any division game is a must win

Nevermore
11-07-2011, 12:32 PM

Easy killer..... That wasn't trash talk, it was pointing out a tricky situation in that your victory next weekend has the potential to help the Ravens. If you prefer to lose next weekend and then have the Bungles and us figure it out on Nov 20, by all means....

Apparently you missed the point of the little dude winking at the end of my post. That is supposed to put levity in to the post. Like hahah, that's funny. If I was trying to incite a riot I would have used the middle finger guy.

I have no doubt we'll see you in January, but it will likely be in Baltimore at this point vice there.

:drink:

Nevermore
11-07-2011, 12:38 PM
"Beat Cincy for us!" F*ck you, how about that?

Can't believe you got banned from the Ravens board.

defence
11-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Easy killer..... That wasn't trash talk, it was pointing out a tricky situation in that your victory next weekend has the potential to help the Ravens. If you prefer to lose next weekend and then have the Bungles and us figure it out on Nov 20, by all means....

Apparently you missed the point of the little dude winking at the end of my post. That is supposed to put levity in to the post. Like hahah, that's funny. If I was trying to incite a riot I would have used the middle finger guy.

I have no doubt we'll see you in January, but it will likely be in Baltimore at this point vice there.

:drink:

I think someone has called u an idiot in another thread so we will leave it at that!! Have your fun buddy!! Like i said; u haven't won shit yet and am pretty confident that you guys will choke again!!

Opt2loc
11-07-2011, 01:11 PM
I think someone has called u an idiot in another thread so we will leave it at that!! Have your fun buddy!! Like i said; u haven't won shit yet and am pretty confident that you guys will choke again!!

You sure do think pretty low of your Steelers.:chuckle:

StainlessStill
11-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Can't believe you got banned from the Ravens board.

Try covering it up with this bullshit friendly attitude you got going on. I, for one, love trash talking but most Steelers fans I've seen on the Ravens board don't even troll and once we even show with a Steelers-type username, it's "obviously you are here to troll, BAN!" But making comments like "Beat Cincy for us!" truly is trolling at its highest compliment. But please, stay. I love it. As SC said, we've had salt poured in our wounds before but salt turns to BLOOD in January. We'll see you again. Remember that with all the trash you talk, even in your friendly way.

Nevermore
11-07-2011, 01:30 PM

People are entitled to their opinions, but he called me an idiot because I thought the Steelers defense was the reason you lost and not the guys in stripes. I responded and he has yet to get back to the thread. If you believe the refs handed us the game after a 2 minute drill of 13 plays, then you can call me an idiot too and we'll agree to disagree.

You two are the ones with the hostility here. Other than saying that a Cincy defeat will help the Ravens, I would welcome any posts of mine that you think are "trash talk".

We'll see you in January for sure.

SteelCityMom
11-07-2011, 01:42 PM
People are entitled to their opinions, but he called me an idiot because I thought the Steelers defense was the reason you lost and not the guys in stripes. I responded and he has yet to get back to the thread. If you believe the refs handed us the game after a 2 minute drill of 13 plays, then you can call me an idiot too and we'll agree to disagree.

You two are the ones with the hostility here. Other than saying that a Cincy defeat will help the Ravens, I would welcome any posts of mine that you think are "trash talk".

You've got to take all this with a grain of salt IMO. You're a good poster here, and I've never seen you intentionally troll, or go overboard with the smack talk or anything like that. This is the day after a really tough loss though...there's no way you guys can expect to be greeted with sunshine and happiness. :chuckle:

I'm not saying to go away or anything...but just take it for what it ultimately is. General frustration. I wouldn't read too much into it at all. I've seen exactly the same thing on Ravens boards and other message boards as well. Very common fan reaction.

tburhans
11-07-2011, 04:52 PM
We will beat Cincy this week, then Cincy and Baltimore will play twice so whoever loses those games will fall out of contention, even a split is good for Pitt. Pitt has Cleveland twice so that should(not guaranteeing) be two division wins. If we run the table in the division we would sit at 4-2. Leaving Cincy with 2 division losses. We would then need Cincy to beat Baltimore twice putting us all at 4-2. Then the tie breaker would be record against AFC i believe. But that is all a very complicated scenario to worry about. For Pitt its simple. Win your games and the division is ours once again. Baltimore will choke a couple games, they always do. And if we see them in the playoffs we will be healthy and it will be hell to pay:tt04:

tanda10506
11-07-2011, 05:17 PM
I know there will be people that say "there's a lot of season left" after the Cincy game, win or lose, but really there's not. We absolutely have to beat Cincy, twice. This next game is everything in a way. If we go 6-4 and the Bengals/Ravens are 7-2 we will not win the division. Don't get me wrong, we can get a wild card spot and we can win it from there, but the odds of winning the division pretty much go to zero if we lose this game to Cincy. There QB and main receiver are rookies, I think this defense and LeBeau can get in their head and really disable their offense, problem is though if we can do it Baltimore probably can too. Got to beat Cincy.

RatbirdExtreme
11-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Complete non trashtalking here, at least. I'm seriously looking forward to you guys Cinci game next week because I do wonder about their contender/pretender status. And whatever their status next year, sadly Cinci will get even better considering they were the beneficiaries of one of the worst trades in NFL history.

Altho if anyone is capable of screwing up 2 first round gift picks, its Mr. Brown

caplovestroyp43
11-07-2011, 11:10 PM

And you have YET to beat us in the playoffs! Which I see that trend continuing. Wished you'd go away! :banging::banging::banging:

steelfury02
11-08-2011, 08:30 AM
I really feel that a healthy Steelers defense with both Harrison and Woodley in will not let this happen a 3rd time, even if it is in Bmore. I'm not making excuses, but I just want to point out that they got us in their house on opening day on Sept 11 and then got us without some defensive leaders (most notably Woodley - who was pretty much unstoppable up to the injury)

Just got to pray to stay healthy on both sides of the ball, and learn how to score in the Red Zone while winning our way to a playoff spot.

I was severely peeved after this loss but I can't let it get to me - there is 7 more games left and we need to win just about every one. Can't go worse than 6-1 or 5-2.

I'll also throw this in - can you imagine how Brady and the Pats fans feel right now? It's gotta be a lot worse than what we should be feeling.

Rotorhead
11-09-2011, 08:44 PM
I honestly think we will run the tables, we just need to get past this first Cincy game and get healed up for the run. Our most difficult game coming up will be SF then the 2nd game against the bungles. I think this first game will be easier because their QB doesnt know our def yet. The second will be closer IMHO. The SF game will be difficult as well, but I think with a healthy def and recievers as well as a line that is becoming very cohesive we will be fine. I also think the Ravens will lose the last game of the season to Cincy AND the game to SF. And could very well lose to the Chargers depending on what SD team shows up. I think we still have a good chance to win the division as we are on the upswing and getting healthier. Cincy will be playing for a WC spot that last game while the Ravens won't. I think SD is playing for the division, like KC against us. I just feel KC is not as talented as SD. Things are starting to get exciting!

steelfury02
11-10-2011, 07:05 PM
My thoughts exactly Rotorhead - I think we are seeing a battle tested team in the making and while they lost a big one, got too many important games coming up to dwell. We get a W Sunday, and we're back on track. I think the way we responded at the end as an offense against Rats plus what we were able to do against Pats can give us something to work off of. I don't really "fear" any team in the AFC anymore and believe when we execute good situational football we can beat anyone

Even the top NFC team come February:thmbup:: but that story is still being written . . .