PDA

View Full Version : Bright Spot!

Steelerfreak58
11-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Okay well last nights loss was tough but there was a really really bright spot that I want to say is easily overlooked. Max Starks shut down Terrel Suggs all night long on his side and the O-Line did a fantastic job against one of the best D's in the league. That is two weeks straight of some solid O-line play and I think its something to look forward to.

We will see the Ravens in the playoffs.

Fire Arians
11-07-2011, 11:44 AM
o-line was solid. except for a bad throw by ben, suggs was pretty much eliminated from the game

#1LambertFan
11-07-2011, 12:00 PM
That and Mendenhall finally ran like he had a pair!

Fire Arians
11-07-2011, 12:56 PM
That and Mendenhall finally ran like he had a pair!

loved that spin move he pulled on suggs :thumbsup:

also that hard block he had against ray lewis when he tried to come in on a blitz, he stonewalled him good on that

Danny136200
11-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Okay well last nights loss was tough but there was a really really bright spot that I want to say is easily overlooked. Max Starks shut down Terrel Suggs all night long on his side and the O-Line did a fantastic job against one of the best D's in the league. That is two weeks straight of some solid O-line play and I think its something to look forward to.

We will see the Ravens in the playoffs.

One sack, which is awesome. Suggs, after talking all that trash, was held without a sack, but had a pretty important pick when dumb Ben decided to rear his ugly head again. But yes, the Oline was a really bright spot.

One thing I noticed is that the only team to torch our secondary so far this year has been the Ravens, which is pretty astonishing, given that the secondary has been the weakness of this team for the past two years.

casteeler
11-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Don't forget the excellent WR play!

StainlessStill
11-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Anybody else smell that rank of bad breath when Suggs grabbed the camera? I almost immediately thought I saw some hay hanging from those gums.

Fire Arians
11-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Antonio brown is on pace for a 1000 yard season

casteeler
11-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Antonio brown is on pace for a 1000 yard season

He is truly awesome

FanSince72
11-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Brown is MY bright spot.

I see a guy who wants the ball and who has also become quite the route-runner.

Bright spot 1A is the receiver corps in general.
A very competitive group who ALL want the glory and are ALL trying to make the plays to get it. Not like Plex who made plays when he felt like it.

I think Hines is responsible for that because he takes the time to teach and his "students" listen as well as emulate his work ethic.

So as losses go, it was tough but I see so many good things evolving that it's not as bad as it could have been.

defence
11-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Brown is MY bright spot.

I see a guy who wants the ball and who has also become quite the route-runner.

Bright spot 1A is the receiver corps in general.
A very competitive group who ALL want the glory and are ALL trying to make the plays to get it. Not like Plex who made plays when he felt like it.

I think Hines is responsible for that because he takes the time to teach and his "students" listen as well as emulate his work ethic.

So as losses go, it was tough but I see so many good things evolving that it's not as bad as it could have been.

Since we are all steeler fans here; i saw alot of bright spots. We put up almost 400 yards of total offence against the number 1 rank defence!! suggs was cleaned up by starks!! The o line gave ben lots of time!! Honestly looking at our schedule; i think we will be ok!! This is going to be one pissed off team on sunday!!

tanda10506
11-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Ben would have been a bright spot if he hadn't thrown that ignorant interception on the stupidest play call of the game, that he called. Brown was a bright spot as was Harrison, pretty good for his first game back. Foote actually played well and the run defense was pretty good. Max Starks was a huge difference from game 1, if Ben hadn't thrown it straight to Suggs, Suggs wouldn't have been mentioned last night. Starks tends to do a good job against him, as mentioned in another post, Suggs doesn't have those big games unless he's against horrible players like Jonathan Scott. This is the best O line we've had in a while.

stb_steeler
11-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Anybody else smell that rank of bad breath when Suggs grabbed the camera? I almost immediately thought I saw some hay hanging from those gums.

Kinda makes ya wonder why the camera was hanging all over him the whole game. I have never seen them hold a camera that long on the opposite teams bench.

jjpro11
11-07-2011, 04:50 PM
we lost a heart-breaker to the Jets last year while battling through some tough injuries.. this loss was worse, but we're gonna have to just accept it and move on.. hopefully they can bounce back this week in Cincy.. they pretty much need to. the Jets, Bills and Patriots are all 5-3, and each have to play one another one more time. that will help our wild card chances with them canceling each other out.

tanda10506
11-07-2011, 06:05 PM
we lost a heart-breaker to the Jets last year while battling through some tough injuries.. this loss was worse, but we're gonna have to just accept it and move on.. hopefully they can bounce back this week in Cincy.. they pretty much need to. the Jets, Bills and Patriots are all 5-3, and each have to play one another one more time. that will help our wild card chances with them canceling each other out.

Can 3 teams from one division make the playoffs? I know the division winner and one wild card can go, but can 3? We got 3 good teams in our division too, luckily I don't the the Titans or the Chiefs/Raiders will have a contending record by the last few weeks. Injuries definetly hurt us but this loss could be backbreaking. We know we can beat the Ravens now though, I'm less worried about the Jets and Bills, and we know we can beat the Pats now. This team can either step up and run the table like in '05 or it can go the way of '09: playing down to opponents, losing easy games, not playing with heart, etc. These next few games are HUGE, especially the Bengals.