PDA

View Full Version : Ben's INT

Bill Cowher's Jaw
11-07-2011, 11:51 AM
That quick pass has been begging to be picked off for like two years now. It rarely garners a positive gain. They gotta lose that play. It may be a check at the line by him. But whatever it is, it's a waste of a down, or in this case, a possession.

Edit: Actually now that I think of it, the Titans picked off a similar pass too this year.

tanda10506
11-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Stupidest play we run, period. A QB kneel or spiking the ball would work just as good and not risk an interception.

steelerjim58
11-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Not just because of last night, but I agree, I hate that play. I would like to see that stats on what that play gains each time it is run. I have got to believe the majority of the time it gets 0-4 yards at best. thuggs played it like he had been in the huddle.

tanda10506
11-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Not just because of last night, but I agree, I hate that play. I would like to see that stats on what that play gains each time it is run. I have got to believe the majority of the time it gets 0-4 yards at best. thuggs played it like he had been in the huddle.

He didn't have to be in the huddle, they play us enough times to know the kind of formations we run that garbage play out of. Excluding plays that are ran once or twice, that play is the worst play called in Steelers history. Puke!

StainlessStill
11-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Worst play in our playbook. Sadly, we run it the most! How many times are we NOT on the same page with that suck of a play? Earlier in the game, Ben tried it with Mewelde. BADLY thrown ball behind him that resulted in a dangerous pass and fell incomplete. Couple weeks ago, we tried it like twice, one to Hines out of his reach and another where Ben tried to lead Brown to no avail. Take that suck of a play out of this playbook, it costs us every game at some juncture.

NoFieldFive
11-07-2011, 03:09 PM
what can the coaches be thinking when they look at game film......are they saying, 'wow, we ran that play 4 times and gained a total of 2 yards. let's run it five times next game'.

like Kemo's fine the other week...hopefully that stupid INT makes them think twice

tony hipchest
11-07-2011, 03:20 PM
they werent in a huddle. that was a no huddle call made by ben. he isnt always right when he takes over play calling from bruce. suggs said in post game presser, ben telegraphed the play call to wallace and he simply read it and jumped. that shit happens.

FanSince72
11-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Agree it was a dumb call, a dumb play and never should have happened, but that's not what lost the game.

We had them pinned with a 1st and 93 from their own 7 with a shade over 2 minutes left and we let them score.

THAT is what lost the game.

PhantomJB93
11-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Honestly, I blame this playcall almost as much as I blame the defense for the loss. I don't care who called it, Tomlin, Arians, Ben in the huddle, it NEVER should have been called. It hasn't worked all year and it wasn't the first time we had tried the bubble screen in that particular game either. We had some nice momentum, we were driving it down their throats and were ready to score, and we absolutely KILLED ourselves with it. If we don't call that sorry excuse of a play it's a whole different ballgame.

FanSince72
11-07-2011, 06:17 PM
Honestly, I blame this playcall almost as much as I blame the defense for the loss. I don't care who called it, Tomlin, Arians, Ben in the huddle, it NEVER should have been called. It hasn't worked all year and it wasn't the first time we had tried the bubble screen in that particular game either. We had some nice momentum, we were driving it down their throats and were ready to score, and we absolutely KILLED ourselves with it. If we don't call that sorry excuse of a play it's a whole different ballgame.

No argument here - that bubble screen is real easy to get lazy with and I too have never seen it as much of a yardage play, but still... the pick hurt but it wasn't the kill shot for us.

Think about it: Ben threw just as lazy a pass last week to a Pats player who wasn't within five yards of any of our guys and we survived that.

Sorry, but this one's on the "D".
1st and 93 with 2 minutes to play should be game over.

Fire Arians
11-07-2011, 06:32 PM
ironic how the only time a bubble screen worked last night was when it was used against us

TRH
11-07-2011, 10:32 PM
we need to remove that play permanently from our playlist. It doesn't work, we can't get it to work, and the other team is almost always sitting on it.
Ben seems to do this once a game. He plays very smart and intelligent for 99% of the game, and he has one "dumb" moment every game. Only problem with that is, its almost always devastating as it seems as if the opposition scores every time after he gets picked.