PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu

realdeal
11-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Has anyone seen this guy lately? When is he going to make a play? Seriously, with all the talk about how great this guy is, why hasn't he made any game changing plays? Since last years regular season, he has been nowhere to be found.

StainlessStill
11-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Has anyone seen this guy lately? When is he going to make a play? Seriously, with all the talk about how great this guy is, why hasn't he made any game changing plays? Since last years regular season, he has been nowhere to be found.

You don't see Troy running backside, flying down the line of scrimmage and picking up the tempo of the defense when hunting down and making fired up tackles? Just because Troy doesn't have 3 picks a game doesn't mean he isn't doing his job. In fact, he didn't play that bad of a game. He wasn't even targeted much and like I said, he had some nice plays running Rice down on backside, the same backside Rice killed us in game 1. Troy can't do it all, It would be VERY nice to see somebody other than Troy Polamalu, James Harrison or LaMarr Woodley actually FORCE something for once. Just sayin.

TRH
11-07-2011, 08:54 PM
i actually think Troy, along with Harrison, and Woodley, are the 3 causing havoc by our defense. However, a defense on the field consists of more than 3 players (in the case of last week, 2 because Woodley was out). He's not playing at a "10" level but he HAS been all over the place.
That said, it would be nice if he caused a few more turnovers like intercepting some passes or not just spearing people, but spearing them where they're holding the ball, jarring balls loose. This team doesn't seem to be able to do that.
I would say if someone should be steppin' it up to make some game changers, its Timmons. Even though he's moved, he really has been fairly invisible.

stb_steeler
11-07-2011, 09:29 PM
lets not forget not only Troy but a few others had chances at interceptions this season and didnt come up with them.

StainlessStill
11-07-2011, 09:40 PM
lets not forget not only Troy but a few others had chances at interceptions this season and didnt come up with them.

Foote had a chance at one on the last drive as well. We're not getting the breaks on defense like we're so use to seeing. Thank God Harrison's back and Woodley could come back fresh because #92, #56 and #43 are the only ones at the moment that have a shot at causing something.

tony hipchest
11-07-2011, 09:45 PM
wow... i guess if he isnt scoring people fantasy points he goes unnoticed by some. just ask wes welker or matt hasselbeck if he makes impact plays.

realdeal
11-08-2011, 08:47 AM
All I'm saying is that he has cost us more touchdowns that he has given us. Green Bay, Baltimore (1st game) and Houston this year. He takes terrible angles and is often out of position.

I just think that maybe he has lost a step or two and is not the same Troy he once was.

SoCalFan
11-08-2011, 09:08 AM
I think its more of the Revis effect,teams tend to play around that guy as much as possible! I see him making plays all the time,especially coming up stuffing the run,his closing speed is incredible!Didnt he make a huge heads up play last week batting the loose ball into the end zone causing a safety!Were you not watching?Why are we even having this discussion???

Big Daddy Beast
11-08-2011, 09:38 AM
He constantly terrorizes opposing teams either at the line or behind it; he returned a fumble to put us ahead of Indy; he was the one who (inadvertently) punched the fumble into the end zone to secure the win over the Pats. He's still on top of his game. Remember that it's supposed to be 11 guys out there, not 3. And when two of those other three are alternating being out with injuries then maybe he seems less effective and slowed down by carrying that D.

Chin up, realdeal, we're only half way through the season with a winning record. Granted we're currently third in the division and got swept by you-know-who, but we're still in good shape.

CTFan
11-09-2011, 07:43 PM
As a Ravens fan, I'd love to see Troy go away. Are you kidding, he's one of the most disruptive players in the league. He gets my wholehearted respect.

stb_steeler
11-09-2011, 07:59 PM
As a Ravens fan, I'd love to see Troy go away. Are you kidding, he's one of the most disruptive players in the league. He gets my wholehearted respect.
yes he is....most fans are accustomed to seeing him make the big splash play. not what he really does!

Rotorhead
11-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Honestly, have you even watched the games, or just the ESPN highlights? Actually I dont even think the response I just erased is even needed. Watch the games and you will see him everywhere, but this requires you to pay attention to the game and not just the highlights.

queeg
11-09-2011, 10:35 PM

Why nit call and ask for a try out? This back biting is discouraging....stop.

Fire Arians
11-10-2011, 12:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se8ABHcq8g4

damn can someone tell me how you embed youtube vids again? i forgot how lol

MACH1
11-10-2011, 01:43 AM

:shout: FIRE TROY

jmike
11-10-2011, 03:42 AM
To me, Troy does way more than just make amazing plays. He's pretty much the beating heart of the defense. Every time he's injured our defense takes on a different feel.

Goldsteel86
11-10-2011, 11:00 AM
Ummm is there really a need for this post???? Seriously it must have been Keenan Lewis who won the game for the Steelers in Indy. Ummmm it must have been William Gay who went out with concussion like symptoms for coming down the line and making a HUGE 3rd down play, yeah that's right, anyone see Troy???? As a matter of fact "Where's Waldo"?????:blah::blah::noidea::doh:

wera176
11-10-2011, 11:46 AM
Honestly, have you even watched the games, or just the ESPN highlights? Actually I dont even think the response I just erased is even needed. Watch the games and you will see him everywhere, but this requires you to pay attention to the game and not just the highlights.

Yeah, what he said! :drink:

Being a key player on a top 5 defense just isn't enough I guess... :doh:

DanRooney
11-10-2011, 01:09 PM
All I'm saying is that he has cost us more touchdowns that he has given us. Green Bay, Baltimore (1st game) and Houston this year. He takes terrible angles and is often out of position.

I just think that maybe he has lost a step or two and is not the same Troy he once was.

In the SB, Dick Lebeau thought it would be funny to put Taunto Farrior on Greg Jennings. If you think this sounds ridiculous, watch both of his TD in the SB. Sure Polamalu should have had over the top. But what is Farrior covering Jennings in the flats? That's basically a wasted player on the field.

Against Houston, the game winner was a cutback run by Arian Foster and Woodley lost containment. That was a touchdown given up by Lamarr, not Troy.

I suggest going back and watching the games a bit closer.

Fire Arians
11-10-2011, 01:37 PM
andy dalton stole troy's coke zero. uh oh.

lotas
11-10-2011, 05:21 PM

Haha, you must be joking. How many times this year has he cut behind and across the entire offensive line to tackle the running back from behind before he can even get positive yards? He's got plenty of speed.

That being said, I feel like he could definitely be playing better. He's playing very solid, but not making 100% of those "wildcard" plays he's so famous for

steelfury02
11-10-2011, 06:46 PM
I'm about done analyzing this year's squad. If we fix red zone efficiency then we are the best in the AFC. If we settle for field goals and aren't able to kill the clock at the end of the game or get game icing points then nothing else really matters.

I don't care if we only get another 6 to 10 turnovers all year - it won't matter. No one is stating the obvious - the Ravens supposedly have caused all these turnovers, yet have the same number of "Ws" - just so happens we have played 1 more game and lost.

Yup, getting swept by them in reg season makes it harder - but I'm done waiting for specific plays from specific players every single game. I just want a well-oiled machine for once lol.

Let's get to the bye at 7-3!:tt04: