PDA

View Full Version : Ward expects to play Sunday

mesaSteeler
11-09-2011, 07:21 AM
Ward expects to play Sunday
http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/ward-expects-to-play-sunday/article_c9823b3a-7807-5d23-9468-eeab2663e93b.html?mode=print
Mike Bires mbires@timesonline.com | Posted: Tuesday, November 8, 2011 11:00 pm

PITTSBURGH -- Hines Ward expects to play Sunday in Cincinnati, but the Steelers will still be down at least one wide receiver.

Emmanuel Sanders, whose mother died last week, underwent arthroscopic knee on Monday. He was hurt in the Oct. 30 game against New England. Sanders didn't play this past Sunday in the 23-20 loss to Baltimore.

It's expected that Sanders will return for the Nov. 27 game at Kansas City.

Coach Mike Tomlin said that "Hines appears to be doing well with his concussion-like symptoms. It shouldn't prohibit him or slow him down in any form or fashion here this week but we will assess him again (today) as we get started with our work week."

Ward, who missed the New England game with a sprained ankle, was knocked out of Sunday's game against the Ravens when drilled by linebacker Ray Lewis.

"I was fine. I wanted to go back in, but they wouldn't let me," Ward said. "I guess they had to follow protocol."

"Hines is always fighting to get back into the game, but we are going to do what is best for him, even if he doesn't want us to," Tomlin said.

In other injury news:

- Outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley should be back after sitting out Sunday with a hamstring pull.

- Inside linebacker James Farrior, who's missed two games with a calf injury, may return this week pending on how he gets through practice.

- Wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery and linebacker Stevenson Sylvester have swelling on their knees that may limit them at practice this week.

- Wide receiver Arnaz Battle, who plays primarily on special teams, strained his hamstring in the loss to the Ravens and could miss Sunday's game against the Bengals.