PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Claim Woods off Waivers

55BaileyFan
11-09-2011, 05:32 PM
http://steelerfreakmov.blogspot.com/2011/11/steelers-claim-woods.html

He's big...and has some experience...could work out

stb_steeler
11-09-2011, 05:38 PM
I dont really see what he has done, except being bumped around?

jmike
11-09-2011, 05:56 PM
I think one of the things that I can see on this is that if he is anything at all worth his salt he should be able to relieve Casey Hampton for a few plays and provide a different look so that our big man in the gut isn't always the exact same.

Or, line up with Casey Hampton providing a 4 man look instead of a 3-man front.

FanSince72
11-09-2011, 06:40 PM
His College and Pro Combine numbers look good as does his writeup.

He could be good.

check it out:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=66825&draftyear=2010&genpos=DT

FanSince72
11-09-2011, 06:43 PM
I think one of the things that I can see on this is that if he is anything at all worth his salt he should be able to relieve Casey Hampton for a few plays and provide a different look so that our big man in the gut isn't always the exact same.

Or, line up with Casey Hampton providing a 4 man look instead of a 3-man front.

I was thinking the same thing about a 4-man front.

I'm wondering if LeBeau isn't thinking that it might be time to go to a 4-3 because the 3-4/Zone Blitz thing seems to have run its course and is nowhere near as effective as it once was -- it's gotten stale.

Besides, we seem to be comfortable changing the Offense to a more "pass-first" deal (which I love BTW), so why not make some changes on the Defense too?

Fire Arians
11-09-2011, 06:49 PM
I was thinking the same thing about a 4-man front.

I'm wondering if LeBeau isn't thinking that it might be time to go to a 4-3 because the 3-4/Zone Blitz thing seems to have run its course and is nowhere near as effective as it once was -- it's gotten stale.

Besides, we seem to be comfortable changing the Offense to a more "pass-first" deal (which I love BTW), so why not make some changes on the Defense too?

I don't think we should totally scrap the 3-4, but I'm all for a hybrid type of defense that is more versatile. we have a lot of talent on the d-line with the addition of heyward, maybe some 4 man fronts would be lethal

interesting move though considering we currently run 3 DL and don't have a shortage of backups as is.

DanRooney
11-09-2011, 06:54 PM
Woods is huge. Future NT if he sticks. Lining him up with Casey doesn't make sense. They're too big to be DTs.

Ziggy and Woodley provide the versatility to switch to a 4-3. Harrison could be a great MLB and Timmons could easily be on the outside. Heyward, Hampton, and Keisel are strictly 3-4 guys though.

SoCalFan
11-09-2011, 07:39 PM
Can he play corner?

CargoJon
11-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Guy couldn't stick on the D Line in New Orleans, what could he possibly have to offer us?

defence
11-09-2011, 08:40 PM
I don't think we should totally scrap the 3-4, but I'm all for a hybrid type of defense that is more versatile. we have a lot of talent on the d-line with the addition of heyward, maybe some 4 man fronts would be lethal

interesting move though considering we currently run 3 DL and don't have a shortage of backups as is.

I think eventually they will go to a 4-3 and i think they should. Steelers rely too much on there olb's to put pressure on the qb. Let's face it;Harrison ain't getting any younger. Could you imagine if both Woodley and Harrison would have been out in the ravens game. Woirlds is looking like a bust; when he plays!! Build the 4-3 around Woodley!!

BKAnthem
11-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Guy couldn't stick on the D Line in New Orleans, what could he possibly have to offer us?

Well Mitchell is the best DL coach in the league IMO..if anyone can get anything out of him he can...

truesteelerfan
11-10-2011, 12:14 PM
11 starts in 2 years and we get him for nothing? Smart move IMO on the Steelers FO- if we get a single tackle out of him it is worth it, and potentially more....Low risk.