PDA

View Full Version : Knee Jerkers

ETL
11-10-2011, 01:01 AM
Someone pointed out how there are more so-called Steeler "fans" on this board after a loss than after a win. For some reason, the misery of a loss is a more valid and powerful emotion in their lives than the joy of a win.

When a loss happens, emotions and thoughts that were kept deep inside are suddenly brought up as indisputable facts. Empiric evidence of a players good play for 8 prior games are suddenly and immediately forgotten and trumped by what happened in 1 game, the last game. The "what have you done for me lately" school of thought becomes the paradigm to judge all things.

These fans choose to live game to game and have the long term memory of one game in which to make proclamations about our Steelers. And beware, no one is spared when these negative emotions are triggered.

Hines Ward is suddenly an enemy to progress. Polamalu is a nobody, someone to be discarded for not "producing. And favorite targets such as Arians and Gay take their pounding. Farrior and A. Smith were spared due to injury but I am confident that if they were on the field at all, shots of them being "too old' to play would have been thrown out.

Yes, to these SHALLOW fans, the sky is falling. Yes, I said it. SHALLOW! These fans are have the depth of a wafer at Sunday Mass. "Tomlin sucks!" "Gay sucks" "Lebeau sucks" "Offense sucks" "What's wrong with Ben?" "Mendenhall sucks!" "Did we really pay Heath all that money?" blah, blah, blah...

And they become indignant when their negativity is pointed out. They argue that people like me are "homers" ... that they have the right to criticize the Steelers when criticism is due and other platitudes and high horse crap about not kissing the Steelers' butts, etc...

Now don't get me wrong. I respect a good argument. I respect someone who has seen the broad picture and week in and week out has enjoyed the Steelers' winning but still harbor concerns about certain areas. I respect someone who chooses to point out tactical weakness within our organization but understands the limited resources that goes with a draft and salary cap. I respect that this game is a game of calculated risk and chances and sometimes you win and sometimes you lose and recognize the Steelers to be one of the organizations that has won more than they lost for a multitude of years. I respect these fans.

No that is not what I am pointing out. I am calling out people who criticize and demean Steeler players as a scapegoat for their own misery in their OWN lives. Those are the ones that come to this board when we lose as misery is the only catalyst in their lives in which they act. Dumping on these players and coachs actually makes them somewhat happier. Its the release they need to ease the misery.

And there are quite a lot of you. You are the people who, with stocks, buy high and sell low. You are the first to jump on the bandwagon and is the first to jump off the sinking ship. You are actually ... bipolar, and I would not be surprised if you exhibited this bipolar behavior in other parts of your lives, outside of sports.

Do you not believe me? Can people be this shallow and flippant? Can they be so easily swung from one emotion to another? I am sad that the Steelers lost but my overall view of the team is still the same and has not changed: We have a shot to go the the SB and win it but we still have work to do. But for others, this latest loss has brought the window of opportunity to go all EMO on us and be practically suicidal.

If you still do not believe me, let me prove it .... how would the message board have looked this week IF THE REF CALLED THE PASS INTERFERENCE ON TORREY SMITH ...

Would just one referree's call, just a one second moment in a game with 10,800 seconds, just one isolated twitch of a neuron in a referree's brain ... CHANGE EVERYTHING IN YOUR STEELER WORLD?

Shallow indeed.

Bayz101
11-10-2011, 01:17 AM
Only time I've ever bad mouthed my team was after our Super Bowl loss, and that one hurt. I share my opinions, as that's what a discussion board is for. I'll tell you right now, you hit it right on the mark. It's funny when you see one guy complain all week. Then we win on Sunday, and he's quite for 5 days.

tony hipchest
11-10-2011, 01:42 AM
:applaudit:

I am sad that the Steelers lost but my overall view of the team is still the same and has not changed: We have a shot to go the the SB and win it but we still have work to do. But for others, this latest loss has brought the window of opportunity to go all EMO on us and be practically suicidal.

i am tony hipchest and i approve this message.

casteeler
11-10-2011, 01:45 AM
If you still do not believe me, let me prove it .... how would the message board have looked this week IF THE REF CALLED THE PASS INTERFERENCE ON TORREY SMITH ...

The fans on this forum spend alot of time on a team they love and when a certain coach or player does or says something that seems odd or counterproductive fans get irritated.Thats what a forum is for, to cheer about the good times and rant about the bad. I may bad mouth certain players or plays but I praise a lot more, the funny thing is that there are a ton of positive threads and an equal amount of angry ones but people seem to pay closer attention to the upset posts. I love my team and will rave about them but when they screw up everyone here will know about it, that doesn't make me a bandwagon fan it just means I'm passionate and the black&gold.

Fire Arians
11-10-2011, 02:00 AM
some people just react differently and some are just venting. I don't think it's fair to diagnose some of these people as having real problems when they could be saying things they don't really mean out of frustration.

hell i was once like that 10 years ago. I've calmed down a lot since my high school days where I'd get into actual fights over people talking crap about my team.

With that said, I see us having a good season still and posted a couple threads about it. 5-3 is no reason whatsoever to panic. 5-4 maybe lol, jk

MasterOfPuppets
11-10-2011, 02:30 AM
some people just react differently and some are just venting. I don't think it's fair to diagnose some of these people as having real problems when they could be saying things they don't really mean out of frustration.

hell i was once like that 10 years ago. I've calmed down a lot since my high school days where I'd get into actual fights over people talking crap about my team.

With that said, I see us having a good season still and posted a couple threads about it. 5-3 is no reason whatsoever to panic. 5-4 maybe lol, jk
so how about 6-3 ? :noidea:

jmike
11-10-2011, 05:20 AM
I realize that I'm one of those members that "flocked" to the forums after the loss, but it wasn't really to badmouth anyone on the team or the team itself. I feel a bit of a catharsis when reading posts complaining about Sunday or even posting small tidbits of my thoughts. I have been following the Steelers for as long as I cared about professional football. My dedication to the team hasn't and won't waver!

Steel_Bus_24
11-10-2011, 06:27 AM
I still would have called out the D(For their pathetic display on 3rd Down) and Gay

I don't know about others but I knew the true test for him and the rest of the secondary started with NE, so far they've had one pretty good game and one pretty bad game that hurt worse because now we're in a deep hole within our division

I was really pissed off early in the season when we entered the year with Scott at LT.....It really made me mad that the coaches couldn't foresee that disaster

Now that we got Starks back and are going with some youth in Gilbert, My general outlook has changed....The way it was going through week 3, there was no way we could compete for a title and probably would have had Ben in a body bag by Thanksgiving if not sooner

Big Daddy Beast
11-10-2011, 06:27 AM
I know I'm not one of your intended targets even though I just started posting here, because a look at my brief posting history will show that I haven't blamed anyone for that loss, but your view is hypocritical. You say these people must have real problems in their own life because they blame a member(s) of our team's organization for a loss and vent about it on a message board, yet look how much time and energy you put into that post. You and them are all in the right; this is the reason for many message boards. Get your point across, no matter how valid it is or isn't.

That being said, I do applaud your passion.

As my old friend Chauncy said late in the evening of January 28, 1996: "Chill out, it's just a game."

Then I threw him out of a three story window.

stb_steeler
11-10-2011, 11:01 AM
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n305/phillioFish/TVts_willis.jpg

steelfury02
11-10-2011, 11:08 AM
I started out on the message boards this season with a glass half empty approach (obviously due to the opening week whooping, the lows associated with looking like IMHO a very mediocre 2-2 bubble team in the first quarter of the season)

During our 4 game winning streak I gradually got more and more excited about the team, and this squad - and it all culminated with the NE victory. Now - we are back down to earth a little with a second "stench" loss to the Ravens - and it hurts pretty bad for me.

We are a competitive 6-3 with 7 games to go. I see us finishing at 12-4 or 11-5 and as we all know - a season can swing either way within a matter of seconds/a turnover here/ a touchdown there. Would I have felt a whole lot better if we would have won this past week? Heck yes - who wouldn't. But, I'd still be cautiously optimistic with the emerging Bengals coming up.

Better we learn some lessons now, get into the playoffs no matter what the seed (and I think it is going to be dang hard to at least get the #1/#2 seed now - but not entirely impossible because the Ravens are very capable of thumping their chest too early - they still have a shot at stumbling down the strentch, thus giving up the division - but right now, if I had to answer - I'd say they will end up getting it) than go on a run only to stumble in single elimination. I can't see getting into the playoffs with less than an 11-5 record, which may every well get the #6 seed in WITH taking tiebreakers into consideration) I might be wrong, but after the Ravens, we got quite the log jam in the East and the North, with both divisions vying for 3 playoff births

queeg
11-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Someone pointed out how there are more so-called Steeler "fans" on this board after a loss than after a win. For some reason, the misery of a loss is a more valid and powerful emotion in their lives than the joy of a win.

When a loss happens, emotions and thoughts that were kept deep inside are suddenly brought up as indisputable facts. Empiric evidence of a players good play for 8 prior games are suddenly and immediately forgotten and trumped by what happened in 1 game, the last game. The "what have you done for me lately" school of thought becomes the paradigm to judge all things.

These fans choose to live game to game and have the long term memory of one game in which to make proclamations about our Steelers. And beware, no one is spared when these negative emotions are triggered.

Hines Ward is suddenly an enemy to progress. Polamalu is a nobody, someone to be discarded for not "producing. And favorite targets such as Arians and Gay take their pounding. Farrior and A. Smith were spared due to injury but I am confident that if they were on the field at all, shots of them being "too old' to play would have been thrown

out.

Yes, to these SHALLOW fans, the sky is falling. Yes, I said it. SHALLOW! These fans are have the depth of a wafer at Sunday Mass. "Tomlin sucks!" "Gay sucks" "Lebeau sucks" "Offense sucks" "What's wrong with Ben?" "Mendenhall sucks!" "Did we really pay Heath all that money?" blah, blah, blah...

And they become indignant when their negativity is pointed out. They argue that people like me are "homers" ... that they have the right to criticize the Steelers when criticism is due and other platitudes and high horse crap about not kissing the Steelers' butts, etc...

Now don't get me wrong. I respect a good argument. I respect someone who has seen the broad picture and week in and week out has enjoyed the Steelers' winning but still harbor concerns about certain areas. I respect someone who chooses to point out tactical weakness within our organization but understands the limited resources that goes with a draft and salary cap. I respect that this game is a game of calculated risk and chances and sometimes you win and sometimes you lose and recognize the Steelers to be one of the organizations that has won more than they lost for a multitude of years. I respect these fans.

No that is not what I am pointing out. I am calling out people who criticize and demean Steeler players as a scapegoat for their own misery in their OWN lives. Those are the ones that come to this board when we lose as misery is the only catalyst in their lives in which they act. Dumping on these players and coachs actually makes them somewhat happier. Its the release they need to ease the misery.

And there are quite a lot of you. You are the people who, with stocks, buy high and sell low. You are the first to jump on the bandwagon and is the first to jump off the sinking ship. You are actually ... bipolar, and I would not be surprised if you exhibited this bipolar behavior in other parts of your lives, outside of sports.

Do you not believe me? Can people be this shallow and flippant? Can they be so easily swung from one emotion to another? I am sad that the Steelers lost but my overall view of the team is still the same and has not changed: We have a shot to go the the SB and win it but we still have work to do. But for others, this latest loss has brought the window of opportunity to go all EMO on us and be practically suicidal.

Would just one referree's call, just a one second moment in a game with 10,800 seconds, just one isolated twitch of a neuron in a referree's brain ... CHANGE EVERYTHING IN YOUR STEELER WORLD?

Shallow indeed.

BRAVO.....THE STEELERS BRING JOY, PRIDE, SORROW AND TRIBULATION....THEY BRING CHARACTER, LEADERSHIP TO OUR YOUNG PEOPLE...GO STEELERS!!!!

queeg
11-10-2011, 11:37 AM

IF YOU CANNOT POITIVELY CONTROL YOUR EMOTIONS, WRITINGS AND PHYSICAL ACTIONS YOU ARE A SICIETY OUTCAST AND SHOULD NOT RUIN OUR TEAM AND OUR JOY!!! LOTS IF US FOLLOW THE STEELERS DAILY....I HAVE FOR 60 YEARS....I DO NOT WANT MALCONTENTS TEARING DOWN OUR STEELERS....THICK OR THIN.

Fire Arians
11-10-2011, 11:42 AM
IF YOU CANNOT POITIVELY CONTROL YOUR EMOTIONS, WRITINGS AND PHYSICAL ACTIONS YOU ARE A SICIETY OUTCAST AND SHOULD NOT RUIN OUR TEAM AND OUR JOY!!! LOTS IF US FOLLOW THE STEELERS DAILY....I HAVE FOR 60 YEARS....I DO NOT WANT MALCONTENTS TEARING DOWN OUR STEELERS....THICK OR THIN.

wow, good thing I'm not a 'society outcast' :chuckle:

Big Daddy Beast
11-10-2011, 12:03 PM

You're unadorned love of capital letters, that provocative usage of three exclamation marks when one would suffice, the mastery of the English language? Brilliant! I doff my cap to you.

EDIT: Oh, is English not your native language or are you mentally handicapped? I don't want to pick on someone over something they can't help.

Goldsteel86
11-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Yep, its me I b******g whenever the Steelers lose, h**l I shouldn't. I mean sometimes I get too emotional, I apologize Steelers football is my passion, what the hey my five year old son loves the Steelers, so WTF I shouldn't voice my aggression on a Steelers post. I mean what the h**l I have been in the military for 19 years and some of these guys make more on one Sunday than I do in a year, hell they don't even have to get shot at. So I apologize, I think I'lll learn to control my anger, my aggression, I apologize for being "That Guy"!!!!!!

DoctorCAD
11-10-2011, 12:25 PM
ETL must not visit too many forums.

casteeler
11-10-2011, 12:32 PM
ETL must not visit too many forums.

Agree

SoCalFan
11-10-2011, 02:03 PM
If were were a taem that LOST most games,it would be the opposite and we would have more excited fans visiting after a win!

DanRooney
11-10-2011, 02:06 PM
That was an abysmal drive by our defense. LeBeau has some problems holding on to close leads at the end of games. It's been apparent since the Super Bowl in '08. Very noticeable in 2009.

StainlessStill
11-10-2011, 02:21 PM
I'm the type that looks at the overall picture of a football game. Even in the loss against the Ratbirds, I'm on record for saying that I actually LOVED the way we played and answered the bell on offense especially. We forced the turnover, took the lead and gave our defense a shot to close it out Sunday Night. Even in the loss and how we lost, I still think we are a huge contender and a VERY TOUGH team to beat.

The only time I get fired up is when trolled. I understand the heat and gave Ratbird fans props after the win but when it became 3 days after the loss and a new Ratbird poster popped up to stir the fire even more on a daily basis on our turf, then that's when I can get ugly and go toe to toe with anyone. But as far as our teams performances? As long as we win and as long as we can build from a loss, this team aint goin' anywhere! Sometimes a loss of this magnitude wakes a team up for a mid-season run.

Rick5895
11-10-2011, 02:50 PM
That was an abysmal drive by our defense. LeBeau has some problems holding on to close leads at the end of games. It's been apparent since the Super Bowl in '08. Very noticeable in 2009.

Our D seemed to turn a corner this season as far as pass coverage , however, not sure i l;ike the press coverage at the end of the game like that. If we are doing that our fastest DB should have been on Smith not one of our "slowest"
The defense didn't do the job at the end of the game , however, clock mismanagement and the offense did there part in the loss as well. All that was needed was one more first down from the O and game over, or at the very least keep the clock running, inmcompletions killed us as much as the defense not stopping the ratibirds.
Total team loss Sunday night, but looking forward I like our chances of finishing 12-4 or 13-3.

truesteelerfan
11-10-2011, 02:55 PM
What fun would these boards be if everyone agreed about everything? Would we just sit here and compliment eachother's great thoughts as we all pat ourselves on the back?

stb_steeler
11-10-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm the type that looks at the overall picture of a football game. Even in the loss against the Ratbirds, I'm on record for saying that I actually LOVED the way we played and answered the bell on offense especially. We forced the turnover, took the lead and gave our defense a shot to close it out Sunday Night. Even in the loss and how we lost, I still think we are a huge contender and a VERY TOUGH team to beat.

The only time I get fired up is when trolled. I understand the heat and gave Ratbird fans props after the win but when it became 3 days after the loss and a new Ratbird poster popped up to stir the fire even more on a daily basis on our turf, then that's when I can get ugly and go toe to toe with anyone. But as far as our teams performances? As long as we win and as long as we can build from a loss, this team aint goin' anywhere! Sometimes a loss of this magnitude wakes a team up for a mid-season run.

So what are you trying to say Stainless.......lol
I guess we'll have to go thump our chest after we win big on their boards..

BengalDestroyer
11-10-2011, 04:57 PM
It's the opposite for me...I like to get on more to celebrate a win. I avoid getting on for at least a day after a loss. (maybe more after a loss to the goddamn shitbirds)

steelbad@50
11-10-2011, 05:17 PM
ETL, we love you man. You are a true Steeler fan through the good times and bad. I for one want to thank u for that inspiring post u so thoughtfully shared with us. I now ( reading your post) have something in my life that will cure the insomnia I sometimes suffer from, from time to time. So Doc, how much do we I you?

mikegrimey
11-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Good post ETL, the knee jerkers are one of the things that make it annoying to read some threads (besides the ramped homophobia when the patriots are brought up), and I say that knowing MOST of the people who post here regularly don't engage in those shenanigans.

It's like every time the Steelers lose there's a panic switch turned on and people flood here demanding the heads of (player who had a bad game this week).

After week 1 people were on here saying "nobody but Wallace showed up for the game" Woodley was accused of being a lazy-ass who didn't deserve a new contract, after week 4 Mendenhall was all but trade-bait to be replaced by the three-headed-monster Redman/Dwyer/Moore
After this game I saw one poster demonize gay to the point where he said he's been getting burnt all year, while true fans who've watched every game, or the Gay-meter, know that's simply not true.

It's just ridiculous, complete Capt. Hindsight panicky whiny bitter-grapes.

steelfury02
11-10-2011, 07:56 PM
lol - I guess what burns my britches more than anything is the potential repercussions with playoff seeding. If anything for my own selfish reasons of wanting to go to a home playoff game. Nothing set in stone yet and really hoping that the Rats let it get to their head and have yet another late season meltdown. Speculating, but I'd rather lose to anyone a 3rd time than the Ratbirds. If we face them a third time and lose, I'm done watching sports until the 1st game of next football season - THAT will hurt more than anything.

What gives me comfort is that I can't sit here and say the Ravens are the better team - they won, yes - but I just have this "feelin' . . .'

I need a big W at Cincy to come, and it can't come quick enough - need a W to discuss for the next couple of weeks!

ETL
11-11-2011, 12:08 AM
I may bad mouth certain players or plays but I praise a lot more, the funny thing is that there are a ton of positive threads and an equal amount of angry ones but people seem to pay closer attention to the upset posts.

Forgive me, I don't know if you do this but I can understand criticizing a player for playing badly in a given week . Fine - say that he played crappy this week. What I don't understand is the calls for "we should cut his ass" or "i don't know why he was signed...." or "please retire now"

If a player week in and week out plays poorly, I can understand those calls but after one game, I can't understand how such firm ultimatum-type opinions can be formed after just one game.

If a fan has been harboring those thoughts and was using the opportunity of a loss to vent - that's even weaker.

But don't get me wrong - I am not against discussion or opining or sharing of your Steeler passion. Nothing is more boring than lacking passion. I would just ask for a modicum of perspective. Otherwise, you risk rendering yourself as a "knee-jerker" i.e. one whose views should be summarily ... ignored.

ETL
11-11-2011, 12:16 AM
but your view is hypocritical. You say these people must have real problems in their own life because they blame a member(s) of our team's organization for a loss and vent about it on a message board, yet look how much time and energy you put into that post. You and them are all in the right; this is the reason for many message boards. Get your point across, no matter how valid it is or isn't.

That being said, I do applaud your passion.

As my old friend Chauncy said late in the evening of January 28, 1996: "Chill out, it's just a game."

Then I threw him out of a three story window.

I get really upset with Steeler losses. I can't watch ESPN or listen to sports radio for several days. After the SB, I couldn't listen to sport related things for about 2 weeks (thank god for NPR). So yes, you are correct, we have misery when the Steelers lose - including me. What is different is that I don't choose to take out my anger and misery by coming on this board and screaming that we should cut this guy and fire that guy and rue that we signed so and so.

I hated people like that on the sports teams that I was part of. When we were winning, everything was happy and great. When we lost, they were finding people to blame and oozing negativity from their pores. I understand constructive criticism and this was not it.

We all have problems in our real lives - some choose to use a Steeler's loss to vent it on a certain player or coach. i dont think i'm hypocritical because I don't do that.

Danny136200
11-11-2011, 12:21 AM

Hines Ward is suddenly an enemy to progress. Polamalu is a nobody, someone to be discarded for not "producing. And favorite targets such as Arians and Gay take their pounding. Farrior and A. Smith were spared due to injury but I am confident that if they were on the field at all, shots of them being "too old' to play would have been thrown out.

Shallow indeed.

I totally agree with you, but I cannot get over the fact that you are a Man U fan lol. But yes, many people here overreact to losses, especially against a team of such hatred like the Ravens. I do not assume that people spewing their anger here is nothing deeper than having expectations of this team winning every game (honestly, I expect my team to win every game, but i know it is unrealistic, but I still do expect it lol). Just some people overreact to a loss. It is human nature to see only what happened yesterday and look at the bigger picture, we all do that.

ETL
11-11-2011, 12:24 AM

I agree with you. That was a poor performance at the end.

But I would also submit that we probably played the same way in other games and came out with a win. A ball got through in the Ravens game that may have been batted down in another game. A drop here, a call there, etc.. And we are rejoicing because we won, even though our team played pretty much the same level of football.

Tomlin and Lebeau take calculated risks - sometimes they win and sometime they lose and when they lose, i trust them to try to make adjustments to give the Steelers a better chance of winning next time. If they are poor at making those adjustments, then its time for them to go.

2 Super Bowls in 3 years is pretty damn good for this coaching staff. I think I will give them some more time to make adjustments.

ETL
11-11-2011, 12:26 AM
I totally agree with you, but I cannot get over the fact that you are a Man U fan lol. But yes, many people here overreact to losses, especially against a team of such hatred like the Ravens. I do not assume that people spewing their anger here is nothing deeper than having expectations of this team winning every game (honestly, I expect my team to win every game, but i know it is unrealistic, but I still do expect it lol). Just some people overreact to a loss. It is human nature to see only what happened yesterday and look at the bigger picture, we all do that.

Fair enough. I recognize over reaction to be human nature. However, they don't seem to take to kindly when i point out that their over reaction is just that - an over reaction. Maybe that is human nature as well.

ETL
11-11-2011, 12:29 AM
What fun would these boards be if everyone agreed about everything? Would we just sit here and compliment eachother's great thoughts as we all pat ourselves on the back?

Oh come on. That is not what I am saying at all and you know that.

I don't expect everyone to agree all the time. I am just asking for more intelligent arguments rather that knee-jerk calls for players to get cut or retire or coaches to get immediately fired.

ETL
11-11-2011, 12:31 AM
ETL, we love you man. You are a true Steeler fan through the good times and bad. I for one want to thank u for that inspiring post u so thoughtfully shared with us. I now ( reading your post) have something in my life that will cure the insomnia I sometimes suffer from, from time to time. So Doc, how much do we I you?

Actually, I am a doctor. Your bill is $180 but you only need to pay a $30 co-pay. I will ask your insurance for the rest.

Danny136200
11-11-2011, 12:34 AM
Fair enough. I recognize over reaction to be human nature. However, they don't seem to take to kindly when i point out that their over reaction is just that - an over reaction. Maybe that is human nature as well.

lol you are right, people do get defensive sometimes and are unwilling to listen to other arguments that might change their minds. I guess that is just their personality. I mean, I can be convinced to change my stance on something with a good argument, but some people just wont budge no matter the evidence stacked against them. The perfect example is William Gay; he has been playing good so far this season, but on Sunday night, he had a bad game, and now people want his head and no valid argument will change their feelings. I remember when Ben had a bad stretch of games 3 years ago, people were calling for his benching in favor of Leftwich. It is just natural to overact to the moment, IMO.

Big Daddy Beast
11-11-2011, 09:09 AM
We all have problems in our real lives - some choose to use a Steeler's loss to vent it on a certain player or coach. i dont think i'm hypocritical because I don't do that.
I was saying you're hypocritical because you accuse these people who spend their time on a message board complaining about players/coaches/Steely after a loss and accuse it from stemming from problems in their real life when you just made a lengthy rant on a message board complaining about them. Is something terrible happening in your real life? I hope not, for the record, but I also hope you get my point.

If they bother you that much ignore them and talk to me. I'm always positive about our team, even when we'll be without our starting QB for four games and we dumped a SB MVP WR in the off-season.

queeg
11-11-2011, 12:31 PM
You're unadorned love of capital letters, that provocative usage of three exclamation marks when one would suffice, the mastery of the English language? Brilliant! I doff my cap to you.

EDIT: Oh, is English not your native language or are you mentally handicapped? I don't want to pick on someone over something they can't help.

I will pray for you!!!!!

queeg
11-11-2011, 12:32 PM
Yep, its me I b******g whenever the Steelers lose, h**l I shouldn't. I mean sometimes I get too emotional, I apologize Steelers football is my passion, what the hey my five year old son loves the Steelers, so WTF I shouldn't voice my aggression on a Steelers post. I mean what the h**l I have been in the military for 19 years and some of these guys make more on one Sunday than I do in a year, hell they don't even have to get shot at. So I apologize, I think I'lll learn to control my anger, my aggression, I apologize for being "That Guy"!!!!!!

Prayers have been answered!!!!

Goldsteel86
11-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Prayers have been answered!!!!

Really??? I keep checking my bank account and nothing yet!!!!:coffee:

SteelMayhem29
11-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Yea Buddy ! I believe

Whodis
11-12-2011, 08:17 AM
I'm not a "knee jerker". Moore sucks! Arians sucks!

After their career with the Steelers both will be out of football (see Willie Parker)

queeg
11-12-2011, 02:20 PM
I'm not a "knee jerker". Moore sucks! Arians sucks!

After their career with the Steelers both will be out of football (see Willie Parker)

No Steeler deserves abuse.