PDA

View Full Version : Tired of Clark's Attitude

run_wallace_run
11-10-2011, 06:59 PM
This guy has all the talent but I really doubt where his head is at. He's been all bark and no bite this year. First he went off about how Steeler-ratbirds wasn't a rivalry. Giving bmore unnecessary bulletin board material, only to get stiff armed by rice the 1st play of the game and never do anything after that in a truly embarrassing loss.

Now he's saying he shoulda put #84 to sleep or took out his knee for 40,000$. Seriously Clark? I disagree with the fine too, but maybe I wouldn't mind the comments clark made if he didn't completely throw away the ratbirds game by giving up deep contain. Seriously his only job was to not let anyone get behind him and he did the the equivalent of just flopping to the ground for a play. He has no football IQ and it cost us big. He's way too caught up in trying to "put people to sleep" and be this badass character. He doesn't play smart football, look at ed reed on the ratbirds, he's loose and calm. he plays with his mind and instincts alone. I'm not saying to become an emotionless drone but get your head out of the clouds clark. Your not Jack Tatum, his whole mind set just equates to way too many dumb plays.

Clark needs to stfu and just focus on playing smart, fundamentally sound football. the fact that he would roll up when his only priority is protecting the endzone is a good warning sign that his mental game is off right now.

steelfury02
11-10-2011, 07:12 PM
he's auditioning for his gig at ESPN . . .

tony hipchest
11-10-2011, 07:40 PM
i agree with clark.

if he was gonna take the 15 yard penalty, and $40,000 fine he shoulda lined up a. boldin and put his ass to sleep.

just like ray lewis collecting that bounty on hines.

im tired of j. harbaugh and terrel suck's attitude.

btaylor179
11-10-2011, 07:50 PM
hate the ratbirds

stlrtruck
11-10-2011, 07:54 PM
i agree with clark.

if he was gonna take the 15 yard penalty, and $40,000 fine he shoulda lined up a. boldin and put his ass to sleep.

just like ray lewis collecting that bounty on hines.

im tired of j. harbaugh and terrel suck's attitude.

Yeah, that about sums it up.

Personally, I like Clark's attitude. I just wish he would stop taking the dumb penalties (and I don't think this past Sunday's penalty was dumb).

I'm more tired of the inconsistency in officiating (that has been consistently getting worse every year for about the last 5 years), and Der Kommish's inability to keep his hands off the game I love.

tanda10506
11-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Yeah he has made some mistakes/got beat this year but he is still playing well. If the NFL wasn't ran by a coward ass p$@#y then that hit on Boldin would have made a difference. And yes for 40k he should of hit him like McGahee.

NoFieldFive
11-10-2011, 08:50 PM
my guess is he gets fined again this year it goes to 6 figures

Corey_J
11-10-2011, 09:01 PM
This guy has all the talent but I really doubt where his head is at. He's been all bark and no bite this year. First he went off about how Steeler-ratbirds wasn't a rivalry. Giving bmore unnecessary bulletin board material, only to get stiff armed by rice the 1st play of the game and never do anything after that in a truly embarrassing loss.

Now he's saying he shoulda put #84 to sleep or took out his knee for 40,000$. Seriously Clark? I disagree with the fine too, but maybe I wouldn't mind the comments clark made if he didn't completely throw away the ratbirds game by giving up deep contain. Seriously his only job was to not let anyone get behind him and he did the the equivalent of just flopping to the ground for a play. He has no football IQ and it cost us big. He's way too caught up in trying to "put people to sleep" and be this badass character. He doesn't play smart football, look at ed reed on the ratbirds, he's loose and calm. he plays with his mind and instincts alone. I'm not saying to become an emotionless drone but get your head out of the clouds clark. Your not Jack Tatum, his whole mind set just equates to way too many dumb plays.

Clark needs to stfu and just focus on playing smart, fundamentally sound football. the fact that he would roll up when his only priority is protecting the endzone is a good warning sign that his mental game is off right now.

Cmon man............let someone take 55K from you in 2 weeks and see how pissed you get. Dont care how much money these players make ! 55K is ALOT of coin......And to get to the COVERAGE point of your duranged comment, IF Smith catches the first ball in the endzone on the opposite side youd have this comment about MUNDY instead of Clark.....Cmon, they were killing us in the middle of the field with A Boldin on the drive and with their TO still in their pocket the middle is wide open for that play to emerge towards boldin.....You have to protect the middle and hope your CB can use the sideline as the second defender on that last play.......What people are fogeting is that game would be tied if on our last drive we didnt take that stupid penalty to push us out of field goal range !
:drink: Clark plays the game like any hard hitting steeler should ! Kudos to him IMHO

MasterOfPuppets
11-10-2011, 09:19 PM
ah...another person registers to just piss and moan ....:applaudit:

Corey_J
11-10-2011, 09:24 PM
Ndeed !
:drink:

Steeler4life1972
11-10-2011, 09:34 PM
leave clark alone!!! He's absolutely right about the fines!!!

Danny136200
11-10-2011, 11:05 PM

Yeeeah, I think you misinterpreted that quote. What he is saying is that he thought he made a legal, clean hit (which he did) and that it does not warrant a fine of that nature. So, clark said that he might as well put him to sleep because he is going to get fined anyways, and the only target that he has now is the legs of the receiver (sort of true, since receivers ALWAYS lower their heads to brace themselves).

Steel Peon
11-10-2011, 11:34 PM
Ha Ha! Ding! Right in the fruitbasket! That's gotta hurt!:injured:

Rick5895
11-11-2011, 06:14 AM

Clark is Clark and I don't mind him making these points. The fine was freaking B.S. and is another example of the Goodell football league targeting specific players.
It's getting pathetic of all the fair weather fans in here blaming specific players for losses. CLARK DID NOT LOSE THAT GAME BY HIMSELF, the entire defense had a breakdown on that last drive, from no pressure, to the opportunity for a pic dropped by Foote. How about the offense not getting a first down when needed to run the clock out on thier final drive. Try actually watching the game and not picking out 1 play as the reason we lose, just as big in the loss was Bens pic on that WR screen.
GEEZ.

tunes4life
11-11-2011, 07:30 AM

Didn't you read the forum rules?!? Doom and Gloom first posts = BAN!

Goldsteel86
11-11-2011, 09:59 AM
Go Ryan Clark, enjoy the attitude, he should have took a line from "The Longest Yard"

Samson: I think I broke his ****in' neck!
Announcer: I think he broke his ****in' neck!
Team doctor: One side, one side.
Team doctor: Get the ambulance! I think he broke his ****in' neck.
Samson: See! I told you I broke his ****in' neck!

For that money, go Ryan!!!!!

:tt04::tt02::tt::tt03::applaudit::drink::thumbsup:

tanda10506
11-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Im not to knowledgeable on the union or how the NFL is ran, but what would happen if Clark decided not to pay the fine?

austinfrench76
11-11-2011, 11:07 AM
I completely agree with Clark! 55K, 15 of which was warranted, but then to throw a flag on a VERY good hit was BS. He is not ever going to be the fastest guy on the field but he allows Troy to be Troy. I like RC and believe that he has helped our defense tremendously. The guy got SCREWED on the hit on #84 because I really don't know how else he could have made that play?? Either let him catch it and touch him when he's down or hit him. That IMO was a great hit, good play and should have gotten the Steelers off of the field. Even Collinsworth mentioned during the game that it was iffy. I hope Clark stays Clark.

steelfury02
11-11-2011, 01:59 PM
:whatnow:<Clark just needs to take some photographs and do an interview - he'll be fine then

tony hipchest
11-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Didn't you read the forum rules?!? Doom and Gloom first posts = BAN!i dont think it is a "doom and gloom" post, and certainly not banworthy.

however if people are gonna come in and post their opinion and expect all people to agree and accept it as gospel just because it is THEIR opinion, they are sorely mistaken.

I get a kick out of posters, who make some outlandish claim, and when 9 out of 10 people slam their take, they get all butthurt and cry as if they are being mistreated.

simple rule to follow on any message board- if you cant stand the heat, either come correct or dont come at all.

Fire Arians
11-11-2011, 08:01 PM
I'm tired of roger goodell's attitude toward the sport of football

OX1947
11-11-2011, 08:15 PM
I'm tired of the pussies on here who bitch about men who are getting fined 55K for tackling people in tackle football. Roger Goodell is a piece of shit, and so are Ray Anderson and turkey neck crony Merton Hanks.

Steel Peon
11-12-2011, 11:07 AM
I'm tired of roger goodell's attitude toward the sport of football
I'm tired of the pussies on here who bitch about men who are getting fined 55K for tackling people in tackle football. Roger Goodell is a piece of shit, and so are Ray Anderson and turkey neck crony Merton Hanks.
Yeeeah, I think you misinterpreted that quote. What he is saying is that he thought he made a legal, clean hit (which he did) and that it does not warrant a fine of that nature. So, clark said that he might as well put him to sleep because he is going to get fined anyways, and the only target that he has now is the legs of the receiver (sort of true, since receivers ALWAYS lower their heads to brace themselves).
The guy got SCREWED on the hit on #84 because I really don't know how else he could have made that play?? Either let him catch it and touch him when he's down or hit him. That IMO was a great hit, good play and should have gotten the Steelers off of the field. Even Collinsworth mentioned during the game that it was iffy.
I just wanted to summarize everyone's feelings on Clark's "attitude" and how criticizing him is the highest form of BS and Sour Grapes smashed together into a new form of vile that has yet to be defined......maybe I'll call it "Sour BS" before anybody calls it by it's true name: POLITICS.

That's what I feel this is, and it'd be hard to argue against it. The Steelers play football the way it's meant to be played better than anyone, but when players from other teams mimic that behavior, *cough* Ray Lewis *cough*, they are not penalized. I realize RayRay got fined, but I even think that's BS too. What WAS BS, was that they called the catch by Ward incomplete after that, but later in the game catches by ****ING TWO Rat players, that looked a hell of a lot more incomplete than Hines', were called completions.

What a load of Sour Bullshit the NFL has become......oh shit, I'm sorry........What a load of Politics the NF(lag)Fl has become. Congrats Roger! You're officially the worst commissioner the league's ever had.

FanSince72
11-12-2011, 04:06 PM
I like Clark's attitude.

I just wish he'd stop showing it at times when we can least afford a 15-yard penalty.

Aggressive is fine but stupid I can't deal with.

Steel Peon
11-13-2011, 02:32 AM
Aggressive is fine but stupid I can't deal with.
So man, are you going to fill Clark in as to when he can be aggressive, or are you happy letting Roger Goodell tell him when he can be? Ryan made the absolute smartest play possible........that is, if your goal is to prevent offensive yardage by running, inevitably physically, into an opposing player. Did their heads collide?......Yeah, they did.......but really, it's on top of your body, and you run with your legs........it's against the rules to jumpkick each other, so a few heads might bang into each other.......as long as players are allowed to run, that is. But, you can't outlaw running in football, so next you'd say outlaw tackling, however........it's hard to define a tackle other than what prevents your opponent from gaining yardage......that's about as simple as you can possibly get it. Collisions would have to be forbidden........is that what you want?

So fine.......let's outlaw collisions, and write a new rule that states:
"No defender may run directly towards the ball carrier, and may only approach from behind or the side."...................Say hello to the era of the National Flag Football League folks........it's finally here.

Yeah, I repeated myself, so what? The people opposed to tackling keep doing it too. So just to humor the Goodell argument, I'll explore an alternative.

If you anti-tackling acolytes absolutely HAVE to have your way, then let's make the jump-kick legal play. Let's have a MMA football league with Tae Kwon Do rules. I mean, really, why not? How is colliding legs first into someone worse than head first?.......It's not.......as long as the other guy is doing the same thing......a ball carrier leading with his head into someone's airborne feet is going to get knocked the hell out. Nope, don't wanna do that......so, the rule should read: "All players who are at anytime RUNNING may only intentionally contact another player with one or both of their feet."

Sounds entertaining as hell to me.

IowaSteeler927
11-13-2011, 03:05 AM
The hit was justified in my book. Lewis took out Ward and Clark destroyed Dickson. Eye for an eye. We need to get back to the smash mouth football that the Steelers are known for. The defensive secondary is porous and I don't think the blame lies on Clark's shoulders. I see Clark playing his ass off and I see William Gay giving up easy catches for key first downs and scores. William Gay is the obvious weak link in our defense. That's evidenced by the fact that most every team we play makes it a point to pick on him.

Ryan Clark has every right to be frustrated after he got flagged on a hit where he was blatantly leading with his shoulder. He got penalized and fined and yet Ray Lewis gets only the fine for straight up head-butting Hines Ward? Lets not forget the hit by McClain on Brown either. That was another hit that looked pretty questionable in my opinion and it should of been called as well after they called the one on Ryan Clark. I disagree with helmet to helmet hits. Concussions should be taken seriously. It's the hits where a player leads with his shoulder and there's incidental helmet to helmet contact as the ball carrier lowers himself to take the blow that are getting penalized that piss me off. I agree with safety but Goodell is taking things too far and has obviously put an emphasis on penalizing Pittsburgh because they are the most outspoken against him.

FanSince72
11-13-2011, 08:42 AM
So man, are you going to fill Clark in as to when he can be aggressive, or are you happy letting Roger Goodell tell him when he can be? Ryan made the absolute smartest play possible........that is, if your goal is to prevent offensive yardage by running, inevitably physically, into an opposing player. Did their heads collide?......Yeah, they did.......but really, it's on top of your body, and you run with your legs........it's against the rules to jumpkick each other, so a few heads might bang into each other.......as long as players are allowed to run, that is. But, you can't outlaw running in football, so next you'd say outlaw tackling, however........it's hard to define a tackle other than what prevents your opponent from gaining yardage......that's about as simple as you can possibly get it. Collisions would have to be forbidden........is that what you want?

So fine.......let's outlaw collisions, and write a new rule that states:

Yeah, I repeated myself, so what? The people opposed to tackling keep doing it too. So just to humor the Goodell argument, I'll explore an alternative.

If you anti-tackling acolytes absolutely HAVE to have your way, then let's make the jump-kick legal play. Let's have a MMA football league with Tae Kwon Do rules. I mean, really, why not? How is colliding legs first into someone worse than head first?.......It's not.......as long as the other guy is doing the same thing......a ball carrier leading with his head into someone's airborne feet is going to get knocked the hell out. Nope, don't wanna do that......so, the rule should read: "All players who are at anytime RUNNING may only intentionally contact another player with one or both of their feet."

Sounds entertaining as hell to me.

You're over-analyzing this.

Too many players go for the "ego-hit" as opposed to simply stopping a ball carrier. The late hit out of bounds, the late hit after a player is down and so on. It may be "part of the process" but too often it's more about "stylin'" than stopping and when it ends up costing us 15-yards -- it's plain stupid.

I have no problem with hitting and the helmet-to-helmet stuff happens and I'm fine with it (just as are most players in the league).

But I can't count how many times this year I've seen Clark as well as others on this team take shots well after a play is over that have cost us big penalties - often at very inopportune moments and that crap has to stop. If someone wants to send a message or get over on someone there are other ways to do it without costing us yardage and possibly points.

truesteelerfan
11-13-2011, 12:58 PM
I love his attitude! Hard hitter, smack talker...but I too don't like the stupid late hits...and do feel his fine was totally bogus....Until we have someone better on our team, keep Clark out there!

Polamalu43
11-13-2011, 01:44 PM
Tired of Roger goodell always trying to find a way to screw the Steelers...Love clark's attitude, heavy hitter and smack talker!!

SunshineMan21
11-13-2011, 10:32 PM
Tired of Roger goodell always trying to find a way to screw the Steelers...Love clark's attitude, heavy hitter and smack talker!!

This.

I don't think Goodell is out to get us or some conspiracy theory like that, but i couldn't believe the Lewis hit was uncalled and the Clark hit was a 15-yard penalty.

It was the exact. same. play.

steeltheone
11-14-2011, 12:02 AM
He still hits hard, but he can't cover anybody.