PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Wallace is worrying Bengals' Lewis

SteelCityMom
11-12-2011, 07:37 AM
Steelers' Wallace is worried Bengals' Lewis
By Ralph N. Paulk, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, November 12, 2011

Cincinnati coach Marvin Lewis has taken notice of the connection between Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and receiver Mike Wallace.

The duo has hooked up for six touchdowns, including a 25-yarder in the fourth quarter last week against Baltimore.

"Somebody keeps creating that separation to get (Wallace) the ball," Lewis said. "That play Wallace made on that touchdown (against Baltimore), those are the things that Ben does to keep drives alive throughout the game."

Wallace also has caught 81- and 95-yard touchdowns this year.

"Mike has the one thing you can't coach, and that's speed," Lewis said. "They move him around a lot now, and that shows some growth and development on his part. Wallace and (Antonio) Brown are best speed tandem in the league. Back in my days in Baltimore, you could cheat coverage on them a little bit. You can't do that anymore."

>> The Steelers' offensive line is as cohesive as it's been all season.

"Once we can get a rhythm, we'll be unstoppable," said guard Chris Kemoeatu. "The last three weeks, we've been playing pretty good ball."

The Bengals rank second in the league defensively against the run, but Kemoeatu sounds confident.

"Whatever plays they call, we're trying to execute. I definitely think we can run the ball because they bring a lot of stuff, and they use some double-barrel stuff."

>> Steelers safety Ryan Clark isn't buying into the hype surrounding Andy Dalton, the Bengals' rookie quarterback. When asked to compare Dalton to former Bengals QB Carson Palmer, Clark said, "I think that might be a bit premature."

>> Cincinnati offensive tackle Andrew Whitworth said the Bengals are trying to establish an identity now that Palmer has been shipped to Oakland.

"We have a young team that's starting its own legacy," Whitworth said. "We are trying to establish who we are and what we want to be. We closed that chapter on Carson. Andy is our guy."

Quotable

"Roethlisberger is playing as well as he's played. When things break down, he's making plays that aren't scripted. If he's got the ball in his hand, and there's time on the clock, he's dangerous." Marvin Lewis, Cincinnati coach

Read more: Steelers' Wallace is worried Bengals' Lewis - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_766942.html#ixzz1dUwNubC8

Goldsteel86
11-12-2011, 10:05 AM
Lewis should worry, Wallace coupled with Brown are a very formidable threat. Now adding Hines to the mix, in which Hines normally steps it up against the Bungles leads to trouble for the Bungles secondary. Now should Lewis gameplan for solely Wallace and Brown, I wouldn't, can't miss Heath and you never know what Mendenhall shows up!