PDA

View Full Version : CBS not covering games 11/13

stb_steeler
11-12-2011, 09:46 PM
Cant believe cbs isnt covering any games localy (PA). Not one game on all day! Whats the deal with that?.....I have direct tv but the point is their not covering any games at all.

mikejkal
11-12-2011, 09:48 PM
Headed to KC to see Steelers Chiefs. Anybody in that area have hotel recommendations?

mikejkal
11-12-2011, 09:49 PM
That doesn't make any sense, that the game is not televised. I don't get it.

stb_steeler
11-12-2011, 09:53 PM
That doesn't make any sense, that the game is not televised. I don't get it.

its not televised in your area either?

Bayz101
11-12-2011, 10:42 PM
It must just be local Pittsburgh. It's scheduled for 1pm here in Mansfield, Ohio.

jjpro11
11-13-2011, 01:34 AM
the Cleveland, Akron, and Canton areas get the Seahawks-Ratbirds game instead of Steelers-Bengals. someone please tell me the logic there?

IowaSteeler927
11-13-2011, 04:39 AM
the Cleveland, Akron, and Canton areas get the Seahawks-Ratbirds game instead of Steelers-Bengals. someone please tell me the logic there?

None whatsoever. Who wants to watch the Seachickens and Ratbirds play in the mediocrity bowl? I hope Seattle pulls a Jacksonville on them.

Big Daddy Beast
11-13-2011, 06:19 AM
I don't know if this'll help with your query, but I ran across this site recently that's pretty informative on which games will play where and why or why not.
http://www.the506.com/temp11.html
This one goes straight to the NFL section.
http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/

btaylor179
11-13-2011, 08:11 AM
steelers bengals here in va

steelfury02
11-13-2011, 08:21 AM
Someone decided in MD that if you aren't a Ravens fan - you must be a Redskins fan, especially if Ravens and Redskins play at opposite times thus I get the opportunity to see the worst match of the day: Redskins v. Dolphins

Even though there are waaaaay more Steelers fans down here than Redskins and I'd say the next are Eagles fans.

You don't even get Redskin territory until you're about 20 minutes outside of D.C. and even then it is a pretty healthy mix. WAAAAAY more Redskins fans in VA than Maryland. Western MD is def Steelers country. If you haven't made the switch to Sunday ticket, the amount you are paying is too crazy not to be able to have SOME regional options.

102.5 WDVE podcast here I come!:thumbsup:

FanSince72
11-13-2011, 08:47 AM
We're not on TV here in NY either.

I'm not crazy about internet feeds but it's better than not seeing anything at all.

Goldsteel86
11-13-2011, 09:04 AM
Not here in South Carolina either, I get to see Carolina vs. Tennessee, I would rather drink "draino". All told looks like a computer day to follow the Steelers, now I am from Ohio 38 miles exactly from the "Burgh", I cannot believe the people in the "Burgh" don't get to see the Steelers!!!!! :banging::mad:

jjpro11
11-13-2011, 09:04 AM
We're not on TV here in NY either.

I'm not crazy about internet feeds but it's better than not seeing anything at all.

you should go to a sports bar/restaurant. i would never trust an internet feed for a Steelers game.

jjpro11
11-13-2011, 09:09 AM
Not here in South Carolina either, I get to see Carolina vs. Tennessee, I would rather drink "draino". All told looks like a computer day to follow the Steelers, now I am from Ohio 38 miles exactly from the "Burgh", I cannot believe the people in the "Burgh" don't get to see the Steelers!!!!! :banging::mad:

it's definitely not blacked out around the Pittsburgh area... it's not a home game, so that would be 100% impossible anyways. it looks like northern PA is getting screwed over though. i cannot imagine that part of PA is made up of mostly Bills fans.

Goldsteel86
11-13-2011, 09:18 AM
it's definitely not blacked out around the Pittsburgh area... it's not a home game, so that would be 100% impossible anyways. it looks like northern PA is getting screwed over though. i cannot imagine that part of PA is made up of mostly Bills fans.

Glad to hear it, from what I have heard there will be a big crowd of Steeler fans in Cincy for the game. Totally Awesome!!!!!!!! :drink:

Big Daddy Beast
11-13-2011, 09:38 AM
thus I get the opportunity to see the worst match of the day: Redskins v. Dolphins
I'll bet you on that one. I'll be stuck with the 2-6 Jags @ the 0-9 Colts.

I get the market dictating which game they show, but enough is enough. They really have to show these crap games when there's a divisional match-up between a 6-3 and a 6-2 team? Hell, even a 6-3 Texans @ a 4-4 Bucs or a 5-3 Bills @ a 4-4 Cowgirls would be better.

stb_steeler
11-13-2011, 09:40 AM
For those in the central Pa area theres no games at all on CBS. Only game shown today is Eagles on fox 43. :mad: bad thing about paying for the sunday tix in this area all the games up until now were televised. You would think this match up would be shown!

Big Daddy Beast
11-13-2011, 09:44 AM
For those in the central Pa area theres no games at all on CBS. Only game shown today is Eagles on fox 43. :mad: bad thing about paying for the sunday tix in this area all the games up until now were televised. You would think this match up would be shown!
Have you called to see what's going on with that?

stb_steeler
11-13-2011, 09:46 AM
Have you called to see what's going on with that?

They just saying theres no coverage

Big Daddy Beast
11-13-2011, 09:49 AM
They just saying theres no coverage
That's a bunch of shit. I see by that site I posted that FOX has the doubleheader rights today, but I'm under the impression that CBS is still contractually obligated to the NFL to show one game, and with six possible early games to show then you not getting one aired is unacceptable.

stb_steeler
11-13-2011, 09:58 AM
I agree, there should at least be one game shown today. As far as i know, comcast and direct tv cbs networks not showing in this area.

Big Daddy Beast
11-13-2011, 10:01 AM
You must live in what's deemed as a secondary market for the Eagles, so CBS couldn't show an early game because of that. But I don't see why they aren't airing the Bal/Sea game later. I know it's not what you want, but at least it'd be a game and you get to root against the Ravens.

stb_steeler
11-13-2011, 10:08 AM
True, im in central Pa just on the border of so called eagles country.....lol

FanSince72
11-13-2011, 10:44 AM
you should go to a sports bar/restaurant. i would never trust an internet feed for a Steelers game.

Not a bad idea but I just had knee surgery on Friday so just getting to my computer is an adventure in itself (second floor). :crying01:

SteelCityMom
11-13-2011, 11:23 AM
Not a bad idea but I just had knee surgery on Friday so just getting to my computer is an adventure in itself (second floor). :crying01:

The best torrents to use from the site I give out are the ones you need StreamTorrent and SopCast for (I prefer StreamTorrent). They aren't amazing quality, but they don't lag much (meaning the stream will pause every now and then, but if you give it a few seconds it'll start back up and you won't miss any game time) and they can't get shut down (unlike flash torrents that bombard you with ads).

They are easy to set up and install...just word to the wise, you have to let the StreamTorrent feeds buffer for (at times) up to 10 minutes. Don't be fooled by the initial message that says (paraphrasing) "this site cannot be loaded". That just means the ad won't load. The game will load after a little bit.

Also, if it tells you at the bottom of the window that it seems the streamer is offline...just close the window and try again (I've had to do this up to 3 times).

StreamTorrent has never let me down. And I wouldn't post about them if I thought there was a chance of them getting shut down. They are safe.

I'm pretty sure I've given you the main site that I use to get torrents, but if I haven't feel free to PM me and ask. That site also has more complete instructions and links on how to use StreamTorrent and SopCast.

Stu Pidasso
11-13-2011, 11:26 AM
Steelers/Bungholes on CBS at 1.
Browns game on Fox @ 1.

I'm in the Youngstown, Ohio area.

FanSince72
11-13-2011, 11:35 AM
The best torrents to use from the site I give out are the ones you need StreamTorrent and SopCast for (I prefer StreamTorrent). They aren't amazing quality, but they don't lag much (meaning the stream will pause every now and then, but if you give it a few seconds it'll start back up and you won't miss any game time) and they can't get shut down (unlike flash torrents that bombard you with ads).

They are easy to set up and install...just word to the wise, you have to let the StreamTorrent feeds buffer for (at times) up to 10 minutes. Don't be fooled by the initial message that says (paraphrasing) "this site cannot be loaded". That just means the ad won't load. The game will load after a little bit.

Also, if it tells you at the bottom of the window that it seems the streamer is offline...just close the window and try again (I've had to do this up to 3 times).

StreamTorrent has never let me down. And I wouldn't post about them if I thought there was a chance of them getting shut down. They are safe.

I'm pretty sure I've given you the main site that I use to get torrents, but if I haven't feel free to PM me and ask. That site also has more complete instructions and links on how to use StreamTorrent and SopCast.

I still have those links in my History and you're right, they do take a bit of time to set up but overall they're pretty dependable and they don't mess up my machine.

To be perfectly honest, the only real knock I have on any internet stream is that unlike a DVR, I can't pause them or rewind so I'm basically "married" to the computer for the whole game. But other than that, it's a helluva lot better than missing the game altogether.

SteelCityMom
11-13-2011, 11:47 AM
I still have those links in my History and you're right, they do take a bit of time to set up but overall they're pretty dependable and they don't mess up my machine.

To be perfectly honest, the only real knock I have on any internet stream is that unlike a DVR, I can't pause them or rewind so I'm basically "married" to the computer for the whole game. But other than that, it's a helluva lot better than missing the game altogether.

Ok good...wasn't sure. Some people only use the flash links. Today's StreamTorrent link got going pretty quick for me, and the quality is better than normal...so I'm happy about that. Even if it is showing Darts before the game. :chuckle:

Polamalu43
11-13-2011, 12:30 PM
Tell me about it. im From LA, and here they are showing thte Bills VS Cowboys, had to get up and watch it over the Internet on my laptop. GO STEELERS...

BossAus
11-14-2011, 09:19 AM
This is a terrible time to live in Indiana as we always get the Colts game and it not even entertaining this year. The only game televised yesterday was the Colts vs Jags suckfest. And Comcast has a monopoly on television service where I am. Thank God for Sunday Ticket mobile.

Danny136200
11-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Cant believe cbs isnt covering any games localy (PA). Not one game on all day! Whats the deal with that?.....I have direct tv but the point is their not covering any games at all.

IDK, but I think its because FOX has the double headers yesterday. I know that they alternate who gets the double headers based on this weeks games i believe, but I have NFL sunday Ticket so I wouldnt know.

Pentheon
11-14-2011, 02:44 PM
I watched the game on CBS...locally here in Pittsburgh its always on.