PDA

View Full Version : William Gay

AndyWitmyer
11-13-2011, 03:56 PM
How much has this guy improved? I hope the guy with the Gay Meter is reading this, because I think - whether we win or lose this game against th Bengals - Gay may very well deserve the gameball!

:tt03:

tanda10506
11-13-2011, 04:00 PM
Anybody still want to cut him after ONE game? I hated Gay last year, but he is the most improved player this year. He caught a lot of heat last game, and yes he had a bad game, but the whole defense did, and he definetly made up for it. Good job Gay!!!

GMU Steeler
11-13-2011, 04:00 PM
I like Gay.

Fire Arians
11-13-2011, 04:01 PM
this post is very gay!

and i approve

AndyWitmyer
11-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Hey, I posted my love of Gay first. I'm officially a Gay Lover

Kanata-Steeler
11-13-2011, 04:04 PM
ya,. where is Gay-o-Meter now ?
hehe

AndyWitmyer
11-13-2011, 04:06 PM
ya,. where is Gay-o-Meter now ?
hehe

Yeah, where IS the Gay Meter!?!! What better time to have one. Gay desrves the gameball, imo

DanRooney
11-13-2011, 04:09 PM
Gay definitely deserves the gameball. Allen looked good as well.

Farrior, Foote and Worilds on the other hand...

casteeler
11-13-2011, 04:10 PM
He played OK against nobody receivers, Nice Int though... still don't love him

AndyWitmyer
11-13-2011, 04:14 PM

I don't care what receivers he's covering - in this game any team can win - any team can show up and play it like it's their Super Bowl. Opponents play to the best of their abilities when they play a team like the Steelers. So, I don't care if you think the receivers

btaylor179
11-13-2011, 04:17 PM
foote farrior need to take coaching jobs......they suck

casteeler
11-13-2011, 04:18 PM
I don't care what receivers he's covering - in this game any team can win - any team can show up and play it like it's their Super Bowl. Opponents play to the best of their abilities when they play a team like the Steelers. So, I don't care if you think the receivers

I said nice INT, isn't that good enough for ya?

Goldsteel86
11-13-2011, 04:18 PM
Giving him some love, awesome job William Gay, once again someone else steps up!!!!!! Hell Mendenhall would not be denied, if we could get this week and week out the Steelers would be amazing. I hope Gay and the secondary builds on this, have to take my hat off to Timmons also, when Woodley comes back with Timmons and Harrison, look out this "D" will be amazing!!!!!

Fire Arians
11-13-2011, 04:19 PM

he's a nickel corner, he should be able to cover nobodies. I would like to see lewis fulltime at the #2 corner spot though, I think he has the physical ability that gay lacks to handle taller or fast WR's

StainlessStill
11-13-2011, 04:23 PM
William Gay. Goat, to hero all in 7 days. Welcome to the NFL!

I'm going to try to get over this high. THAT was scary on both swords for me. Had the Steelers big, they were giving 4.5. Gay is my hero, lmao!:tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04:

AndyWitmyer
11-13-2011, 04:53 PM
I said nice INT, isn't that good enough for ya?

Sure, okay - I guess I'll deem your acknowledgment acceptable : D

Steel_Bus_24
11-13-2011, 05:02 PM
He was trying his best to make up for last week

Going to have to keep it up though

The Bengals did lose their #1 Wr, that made it easier on every DB......The Steelers have been very fortunate to catch teams when they get injuries to their #1s

Im still worried about Gay and the restof the Secondary when they have to face a competent QB and a decent Wr core

But lets see how things look when we get both Silverback and Woodley out there, hopefully we can keep building and get more consistent

tony hipchest
11-13-2011, 05:08 PM
assclowns still want him fired. we just wont hear from them until the next time he plays an imperfect game.

GMU Steeler
11-13-2011, 05:17 PM
He was trying his best to make up for last week

Going to have to keep it up though

The Bengals did lose their #1 Wr, that made it easier on every DB......The Steelers have been very fortunate to catch teams when they get injuries to their #1s

Im still worried about Gay and the restof the Secondary when they have to face a competent QB and a decent Wr core

But lets see how things look when we get both Silverback and Woodley out there, hopefully we can keep building and get more consistent

I thought Green came back in the game.

StainlessStill
11-13-2011, 05:24 PM
I thought Green came back in the game.

He did. He had an end-around for a 1st down after the injury. He rode the bike a lot on the sidelines though and played minimal.

sharkweek
11-13-2011, 05:43 PM
was down on him pretty big prior to this season, but other than last week he's been a much improved player from what I've seen

still, not so comfortable or confident with our overall pass defense, but Gay was directly responsible for our two INTs this game (defended the pass and deflected the ball that was eventually intercepted by Timmons, and jumped the route to get the game clinching INT), easily the difference in the game when considering our offense completely shut it down for whatever reason prior to the very last drive (3 consecutive run-run-pass-punts is unacceptable IMO, something seriously needs to be done about Arians, our offense is simply too talented to squander like this on a consistent basis)

casteeler
11-13-2011, 06:00 PM
assclowns still want him fired. we just wont hear from them until the next time he plays an imperfect game.

You already heard from me

Goldsteel86
11-13-2011, 06:06 PM

Don't want him fired, I want him to play more consistent. I believe that is all the Steeler faithful ask for, no doubt he has talent, just time for him to show it consistently!!!!

tanda10506
11-13-2011, 06:36 PM

He played ok?? Did you watch the game, he played great against NFL reveivers.

tanda10506
11-13-2011, 06:41 PM
foote farrior need to take coaching jobs......they suck

Foote has been playing well the last 3 games, don't jump to conclusions with him. Farrior has been a step behind all year, and last year really. He is still good on the run stop, but I think his time is up.

DanRooney
11-13-2011, 11:08 PM
he's a nickel corner, he should be able to cover nobodies. I would like to see lewis fulltime at the #2 corner spot though, I think he has the physical ability that gay lacks to handle taller or fast WR's

I personally think Allen is the better corner. It seems like he understands what's going on out there more than Lewis.

DanRooney
11-13-2011, 11:09 PM
Foote has been playing well the last 3 games, don't jump to conclusions with him. Farrior has been a step behind all year, and last year really. He is still good on the run stop, but I think his time is up.

But Farrior had the 2nd most tackles on the team :chuckle:

austinfrench76
11-13-2011, 11:16 PM
In this league you will have injuries. Green going out is akin to us losing Woodley, Harrison or whomever. You compete against who's out there. They have us their best and we beat that ass. We ahould have won by two touchdowns so we will see in a few weeks when we play them again. Gay had a very good day.

SunshineMan21
11-13-2011, 11:18 PM
I personally think Allen is the better corner. It seems like he understands what's going on out there more than Lewis.

Lewis quietly had a very good day today. I may have missed it, but I don't recall a single reception. And Allen had that big third-down stop, plus a ST tackle.

lardlad
11-14-2011, 06:29 AM
Definitely game ball winner.