11-13-2011, 02:59 PM
the season is over! :chuckle:

go seahawks!

Polamalu43
11-13-2011, 03:03 PM
Go Hawks!! Beat the Ratbirds

casteeler
11-13-2011, 03:15 PM
What can Brown do for you( FedEx slogan)... Answer: Everything!! Lovin that reciving core, Wallace, Brown, Cotchery even Ward got a great play in

btaylor179
11-13-2011, 03:16 PM
the refs still hate us

fer522
11-13-2011, 03:20 PM
the season is over! :chuckle:

go seahawks!

:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

Bayz101
11-13-2011, 03:22 PM
What can Brown do for you( FedEx slogan)... Answer: Everything!! Lovin that reciving core, Wallace, Brown, Cotchery even Ward got a great play in

We're you joking about that? UPS-What can brown do for you?

Kanata-Steeler
11-13-2011, 03:25 PM
Go Seahawks.

SH-Rock
11-13-2011, 03:38 PM
10-0 Hawks!

StainlessStill
11-13-2011, 03:45 PM
10-0 Seahawks, taking it to Baltimore. I won't celebrate, but Baltimore OBVIOUSLY would be content on just going 2-14 on the season and you know WHO they want to beat. F*ck 'em! GO HAWKS!!!!!!

Goldsteel86
11-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Go Hawks, hopefully the long trip screws the Ratturds, lets go Hawks!!!!! :tt03::tt04::tt02:

stlrtruck
11-13-2011, 04:39 PM
19-7 at the half...wow.

Now I can only hope the ratbirds continue their emotional let down for another 6 games (bwahahahahahahaha)

MACH1
11-13-2011, 04:45 PM
It's their SuperBowl hangover.

casteeler
11-13-2011, 04:56 PM
We're you joking about that? UPS-What can brown do for you?

Yes, it was a joke

FanSince72
11-13-2011, 06:55 PM
So we all start the day wondering about our future; whether we'll be able to keep pace with the division and wondering if even a wild-card spot is in jeopardy.

Then in just four short hours we're all smiling as we're heading into a bye-week laughing at how a lowly bottom-feeder can can beat a bunch of chest-thumpers and entertaining thoughts of first-round byes and Division Titles.

Football is a funny game sometimes. :tt04:

JCPsteelers
11-13-2011, 06:57 PM
I hope the offense works out the inconsistentices. 4th quarter offense was joke 3 3 and outs? That was awful.

Bill Cowher's Jaw
11-13-2011, 09:26 PM
In perfect position. 7-3 is pretty much what I was expecting to go into the bye week as.

LVSteelersfan
11-13-2011, 11:11 PM
Perfect day. Now if the Bungles can just beat the Ratbirds next week, we will have the division lead after our bye week.

Bayz101
11-13-2011, 11:31 PM
Yes, it was a joke

I was hoping you wouldn't say that. Now I look dumb.

Third Rail
11-14-2011, 12:05 AM
LOL at the Ratbirds losing to the Seahawks. I really think that they will continue to struggle against teams they are unfamiliar with, as well as teams that feature a lot of new talent, like the Bengals. So I expect them to lose next week to Cincy, thereby keeping us at the top of the division. :tt02:

tanda10506
11-14-2011, 01:00 AM
Team played well enough to get the win, but there are some things that need to improve to make a playoff run. The offense needs to play 4 quarters and go back to quick release passes. The o line struggled after the 1st quarter, if they play like they did against thr rats or pats we can beat as nybody. Defense needs to play 4 quarters, they did today so that id a step in the right direction. Most of all we need health. Foote had a bad game but he's been playing well and IMO the starting MLB's should be Timmons and Foote. If we can have everybody healthy come playoff time we will be in good shape, and almost everyone should be at 100% after the bye. Harrison-Keisel-Hampton-Hood-Woodley up front sounds great, if Woodley picks up where he left off we will get excellent pressure. If we can come out "fine tuned" and healthy out of the bye and stay healthy, we got a shot.

DanRooney
11-14-2011, 03:09 AM
I hope the offense works out the inconsistentices. 4th quarter offense was joke 3 3 and outs? That was awful.

It was a stroke of luck that we didn't dominate this game. Miller with that bobbled ball that went for an INT, Wallace's 3rd down drop, the refs refusing to call holds against James Harrison (see the 3rd and long play that eventually led to the AJ Green TD), Ben missing a wide open Wallace, etc.

sharkweek
11-14-2011, 05:30 AM
It was a stroke of luck that we didn't dominate this game. Miller with that bobbled ball that went for an INT, Wallace's 3rd down drop, the refs refusing to call holds against James Harrison (see the 3rd and long play that eventually led to the AJ Green TD), Ben missing a wide open Wallace, etc.

dont forget refs calling away Cotchery's 2nd TD for a bad offensive pass interference call

we did get super lucky on one play where Ben should have had another INT on a terrible pass he tried to force to Brown, so its not like it was all one sided, but the Bengals did get very lucky on several different occasions that helped to keep them in the game.

But that's no excuse, we still should have been able to put them away. As usual, once we got the lead we got way too predictable on offense and basically stopped trying to score points which lead to several 3 and outs, including 3 consecutive 3 and outs in the 4th quarter

steelfury02
11-14-2011, 08:49 AM
anyone got a stat on any % increase on holding (offensive or defensive) and interference calls this season - Goodell Refs are getting pretty ticky tack at key junctures

The amount of calls against the Seahawks was a prime example as well. The Ravens were able to march down the field only because of well-timed penalties.

EDIT: I'd be all for having a 4th quarter where these types of penalties weren't called - the most aggressive team should be able to win - not the one continually marching down the field because a team is going all out to finish them

Curtain_of_Steel
11-14-2011, 11:26 AM
Refs have not in any other nfl games called the crap we get called for. Im not one to blame the refs for wins or losses. But there comes a point where we will play a perfect game and this crap is going to cost us big.

Funny thing is, Flacco the Great kept trying to hang it up there for PI calls against the Hawks and he didn't get it.
He was hioping 3 games in a row to get bailed out of his lack of skill and hope the refs win it for him again.

Bengals can beat the Ravens. But of course the Ravens get 2 home games in a row with SF and Bengals. SF can beat them, as Ravens Harbaugh will be so pressured into beating his overrated brother on the west caost he will be making mistakes. Perhaps running Rice only 1 time instead of th ebig load of 5, lol WTF was that? Great play calling Ravens.

Fire Arians
11-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Refs have not in any other nfl games called the crap we get called for. Im not one to blame the refs for wins or losses. But there comes a point where we will play a perfect game and this crap is going to cost us big.

Funny thing is, Flacco the Great kept trying to hang it up there for PI calls against the Hawks and he didn't get it.
He was hioping 3 games in a row to get bailed out of his lack of skill and hope the refs win it for him again.

Bengals can beat the Ravens. But of course the Ravens get 2 home games in a row with SF and Bengals. SF can beat them, as Ravens Harbaugh will be so pressured into beating his overrated brother on the west caost he will be making mistakes. Perhaps running Rice only 1 time instead of th ebig load of 5, lol WTF was that? Great play calling Ravens.

lol no kidding who does he think flacco is, ben roethlisberger or something?

im sure if the ravens kept running the ball against seattle or jacksonville they would have had a much better chance of winning. flacco isn't the kind of qb who can win on his arm alone. there's only 5 or so qb's in the nfl who can.

tanda10506
11-14-2011, 11:45 AM

I agree. The refs literally stole points from us and missed calls all game. The problem I see is this year Ben misses a lot of the long, possible TD, passes. He has been pretty good throughout the years with the deep ball, but this year he misses a lot of them. IMO they need to really work on that during the bye.

Curtain_of_Steel
11-14-2011, 11:46 AM
I'm trying to find the press conference for the Ravens, some fool reporter had to ask the question right? lol

I can hear it now.... Coach, you have one of th eleagues best RB's and one of the leagues worst starting QB's. What was going through your mind when you decided to let one of the leagues worst QBs in flacco, throw the ball 200 times and only run 5 times?

Coach: Next question, I will not be questions on my skill set, I did beat the 1st place Steelers twice this year didn't I?

steelfury02
11-14-2011, 12:07 PM
I'm hoping and praying they lose against Bengals - that would be one of the best bye weeks in recent history .

C'mon - aren't they "due" a loss at M&T? lol

I def see them splitting the Bungles series and losing to SF - mostly because they have proven awful against teams they don't have experience against. I also see them crapping the bed in Cleveland, mostly because the Clowns know how to steal one or two away every season, no matter who (JUST NOT US PLEASE)

GMU Steeler
11-14-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm hoping and praying they lose against Bengals - that would be one of the best bye weeks in recent history .

C'mon - aren't they "due" a loss at M&T? lol

I def see them splitting the Bungles series and losing to SF - mostly because they have proven awful against teams they don't have experience against. I also see them crapping the bed in Cleveland, mostly because the Clowns know how to steal one or two away every season, no matter who (JUST NOT US PLEASE)

They also have San Diego who have underperformed so far this season but that one's never a gimme especially if it's in SD.

zsheik22
11-15-2011, 11:35 PM
They also have San Diego who have underperformed so far this season but that one's never a gimme especially if it's in SD.

They got the niners too

tony hipchest
11-15-2011, 11:52 PM
anyone got a stat on any % increase on holding (offensive or defensive) and interference calls this season - Goodell Refs are getting pretty ticky tack at key junctures

The amount of calls against the Seahawks was a prime example as well. The Ravens were able to march down the field only because of well-timed penalties.

ravens were the recipient of 4 PI penalties that placed them at the goaline vs AZ. they had atleast 3 vs the steelers and how many ever vs the seahawks.

the steelers have one of the best wr units in the league and rarely is PI called (cause our wr's are flying by the defense, i guess).

the ravens have one of the shittiest and least experienced wr corps, yet get the calls left and right.

it just goes to show that the key to a good offense in goodells nfl is to have slow, crappy receivers that the defense runs over and dominates.

throw skill and talent out the window.

Bayz101
11-16-2011, 02:24 AM
ravens were the recipient of 4 PI penalties that placed them at the goaline vs AZ. they had atleast 3 vs the steelers and how many ever vs the seahawks.

the steelers have one of the best wr units in the league and rarely is PI called (cause our wr's are flying by the defense, i guess).

the ravens have one of the shittiest and least experienced wr corps, yet get the calls left and right.

it just goes to show that the key to a good offense in goodells nfl is to have slow, crappy receivers that the defense runs over and dominates.

throw skill and talent out the window.

I have a better way to sum it all up. The key to having a good anything in Goodell's NFL is to not be the Steelers.

Fire Arians
11-16-2011, 10:42 AM
i guess goodell's new favorite team is the ravens since it looks like NE doesn't have our number anymore

theplatypus
11-16-2011, 11:03 AM
i guess goodell's new favorite team is the ravens since it looks like NE doesn't have our number anymore

You're making this proclamation after one game?

Fire Arians
11-16-2011, 12:05 PM
You're making this proclamation after one game?

well not exactly, i'd still be nervous as hell if we went up against NE in the playoffs, but I do think this year's talent matches up much better vs them than we did in the past.

but it does seem kinda fishy that the ravens had so many bad calls go in their favor in the past 2 weeks. not only penalties but challenges that should have been overturned. I'm not going to say the fix is in just yet, but either they're the luckiest team in the NFL this year or someone is trying to help them win. I held my breath on several of marshawn lynch's first down runs at the end expecting some kind of BS penalty to be called on seattle to give the ravens another shot