PDA

View Full Version : Wish William Gay played that way when it matters!

xstang102
11-13-2011, 04:55 PM
Great game today../ defended the SHORT ball well... Keep him out of deep coverage and he might be ok... That said, take him off the field when it matters.. He has a huge bullseye on him when the other team needs a play,, They know who the weakest defender on this team is...

Goldsteel86
11-13-2011, 05:01 PM
:tt::drink:Ummmm it mattered today, you never know who may step up from week to week, it may be Mendenhall, Redman, Dwyer, etc.... That is what makes the Steelers so exciting (sometimes a little too exciting for me), that is what Steeler football is all about!!!!! :tt03::tt02::tt04::applaudit:

GMU Steeler
11-13-2011, 05:06 PM
I didn't realize that getting an interception against a division rival with the same record late in the game as us was not playing when it mattered. Give the guy credit. It did matter today and he got it done.

steelerchad
11-13-2011, 05:14 PM
That pick sealed the win today. How didn't it matter.
Furthermore, as pissed as I was at him last week, that play at the end was more the result of Clark cutting his angle short instead of getting behind Smith and coming over the top. They should have had him bracketed with Gay underneath. Clark's angle made Gay pull up a bit.

Goldsteel86
11-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Once again it mattered today, 7-3 going into the bye week, hell yeah I'll take it seeing how the season started. If the Hawks can pull it out, it matters a whole s**tload!!!!!

Fire Arians
11-13-2011, 05:32 PM
it didn't matter today?

tanda10506
11-13-2011, 05:34 PM
A pick caused and an INT, hell yeah it mattered today.

jjpro11
11-13-2011, 05:36 PM
like it needs to be said.... really? that INT didn't matter?

Goldsteel86
11-13-2011, 05:39 PM
like it needs to be said.... really? that INT didn't matter?

I think this post about sums it up, question being REALLY??? :rofl:

TRH
11-13-2011, 05:42 PM
I'm glad he got it since he was a goat last week. He still has his "suck" moments, and i go back and forth whether i like him or not, but he's certainly coming into his own and has potential for big, big things.

ETL
11-13-2011, 05:52 PM
I am guessing that the OP is about 6 years old. That is the only legitimate explanation for his totally idiot and moronic argument. The other explanation is that he is actually an idiot and moron.

GMU Steeler
11-13-2011, 05:54 PM
I am guessing that the OP is about 6 years old. That is the only legitimate explanation for his totally idiot and moronic argument. The other explanation is that he is actually an idiot and moron.

Yeah I don't see how you could say he didn't play when it mattered today. One pick and he helped Timmons get the pick he got too. Plus his own pick was when the Bengals were driving in our territory with I believe 2:40 left. That play was huge. I have no problem with criticizing Gay when his play is bad but he needs to be lauded when his play is good. Plus it was in a division game against a rival with a similiar record.

Goldsteel86
11-13-2011, 05:54 PM
I'm glad he got it since he was a goat last week. He still has his "suck" moments, and i go back and forth whether i like him or not, but he's certainly coming into his own and has potential for big, big things.

He has his moments but today was one of his biggest this year. Don't get me wrong, he has p****d me off this year plenty, but I think he may have some potential. Here's to William Gay and quieting his doubters, including me, impressive, my hat's off to you!!!! :hatsoff::applaudit:

Rick5895
11-13-2011, 07:00 PM
Great game today../ defended the SHORT ball well... Keep him out of deep coverage and he might be ok... That said, take him off the field when it matters.. He has a huge bullseye on him when the other team needs a play,, They know who the weakest defender on this team is...

You don't matter. Go away, you are dismissed.

xstang102
11-13-2011, 07:24 PM
we are going to the playoffs despite Gay.. this week was a win but the chances of winning the division is very small thanks to #22.. today was a win but gay already pissed the division away last week..

bornaSteelersfan
11-13-2011, 07:29 PM
Forget this poster. More than half of his 8 total posts have been dogging William Gay. Give credit where it's due. Gay had the way today.

ETL
11-13-2011, 07:36 PM
we are going to the playoffs despite Gay.. this week was a win but the chances of winning the division is very small thanks to #22.. today was a win but gay already pissed the division away last week..

This is the last time I am going to respond to you. Why? When you say crazy shite like you are doing right now - you marginalize yourself. Its like trying to talk a crazy person in a psychiatric hospital - no discussion, no sharing of ideas, just crazy mumbo jumbo.

So consider yourself "certified" and until you get some sanity - you will be ignored.

xstang102
11-13-2011, 07:46 PM
This is the last time I am going to respond to you. Why? When you say crazy shite like you are doing right now - you marginalize yourself. Its like trying to talk a crazy person in a psychiatric hospital - no discussion, no sharing of ideas, just crazy mumbo jumbo.

So consider yourself "certified" and until you get some sanity - you will be ignored.

good, tired of seeing the gay home boys plugging this joker..cya..

GMU Steeler
11-13-2011, 07:49 PM
good, tired of seeing the gay home boys plugging this joker..cya..

Better than the anti Gay people who can't acknowledge when he does good ever. At least ETL will criticize Gay's play when his game isn't good.

xstang102
11-13-2011, 07:52 PM
Better than the anti Gay people who can't acknowledge when he does good ever. At least ETL will criticize Gay's play when his game isn't good.

i give him credit today, but last week was the big one.. Packers in the sb was a big one, last years patriots was a big one.. Dalton is a rookie that cant expose our clear weaknesses.

GMU Steeler
11-13-2011, 08:00 PM
i give him credit today, but last week was the big one.. Packers in the sb was a big one, last years patriots was a big one.. Dalton is a rookie that cant expose our clear weaknesses.

You're seriously going to blame him alone for last week? That was a team effort. 92 yards down the field and the Ravens converting 2/3's of their third downs? And yes the Packers and Patriots were big ones last year but last I saw Rodgers and Brady are probably two of the top five QBs in the league. No one thinks Gay is a star but he's done what's asked of him this year(would you rather have McFadden who was toasted his only start) and if you're going to bring up last year's Pats game. You should be consistent and bring up this year's. And Dalton may be a rookie but he's been playing at a high level.

SunshineMan21
11-13-2011, 08:03 PM
Gay has had some terrible moments, and he struggled for much of today, but give credit where it's due: he made a play when it counted.

steelcity1974
11-13-2011, 08:10 PM
Idiot post

tony hipchest
11-13-2011, 08:23 PM
what the hell is "fair riddens"?

xstang102
11-13-2011, 08:23 PM
It might be an idiot post but if a team is driving and has 20 yards to go with little time left, I guarantee they are targeting #22... Nuff said.. They have a great chance of winning... See Baltimore game.. He SUCKS!!

Black N' Yellow
11-13-2011, 08:50 PM
It might be an idiot post but if a team is driving and has 20 yards to go with little time left, I guarantee they are targeting #22... Nuff said.. They have a great chance of winning... See Baltimore game.. He SUCKS!!

Yeah if I'm Flacco I'm gonna target the shutdown corner or one of the two safties who have a reputation for being ballhawks and/or tearing the heads off of my receivers.

Flacco took a chance on Torrey Smith and it worked out for them. Plus Clark was supposed to help overhead on that play.

ricardisimo
11-13-2011, 09:02 PM
You people need to drop the Jordy Nelson TD once and for all. Deion in his prime could not have defended that pass. Lord knows there's enough material for or against him without bringing that up. Gay did not lose the SB.

queeg
11-13-2011, 09:55 PM

Positive!!!!!!! William Gay played eell today.....