PDA

View Full Version : Getting my wisdom teeth pulled

RoethlisBURGHer
05-24-2005, 10:54 PM
Hey guys I am having my wisdom teeth pulled on Friday morning.Just send out some prayers that everything'll be good and I won't be in too much pain afterwards.Thanks a ton.

Prosdo
05-25-2005, 12:12 AM
I hope all goes well with it.

bigbensgirl7
05-25-2005, 12:47 AM
Good luck with that...you should be ok though. I had 2 of mine pulled when I was pregnant, and all I could take was Tylonol 3 :o but it wasn't as bad as I thought!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
05-25-2005, 02:10 AM
They're gonna knock you out for the procedure right? You'll be good to go.. just remember, vicadin !!! :D You wont feel a thing! :dancing: :crazy01:

steelersgirl86
05-25-2005, 07:02 AM
Are you getting knocked out? :ididwhat: if so you will be fine...I didnt even remember how I got home... :hunch: if not that is okay also...I had it that way also and a little sore but nothing bad I only took advil. But luckily if I am correct the guy we went to I think clevestinks said is a steelers fan...so that is why it was painless....You will be drooling afterwards.... :drool:

good luck you will be fine...

RoethlisBURGHer
05-25-2005, 12:48 PM
Yeah,they are knocking me out.Thing is that my brother had this done a few months ago and he was out of school for a week because the pain meds gave him horrible headaches and all this stuff.So hopefully I end up in a better boat than Mike did.

steelersgirl86
05-25-2005, 12:51 PM
I am sure you will....good luck again though :injured:

clevestinks
05-25-2005, 07:02 PM
Ouch! remember rule No.1 if they say take 2, that really means take 4.
If they say no alcohol, that means a shot of Jim Beam , swishes around and down, plus the 4 , oh yah.

Really though, your a Steelers fan, Tough as Steel. Don`t let your dentist know who you like. I did luck out and found a Steelers oral surgeon here in Lake County Ohio. Talk about hook ups. :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-25-2005, 07:05 PM
Dentists scare me to death, man I hate going there. Even a cleaning makes me nervous! :cya:

clevestinks
05-25-2005, 07:11 PM
Dentists scare me to death, man I hate going there. Even a cleaning makes me nervous! :cya:
Couldn`t agree more!

RoethlisBURGHer
05-25-2005, 11:10 PM
Ouch! remember rule No.1 if they say take 2, that really means take 4.
If they say no alcohol, that means a shot of Jim Beam , swishes around and down, plus the 4 , oh yah.

Really though, your a Steelers fan, Tough as Steel. Don`t let your dentist know who you like. I did luck out and found a Steelers oral surgeon here in Lake County Ohio. Talk about hook ups. :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

I am planning on wearing a Steelers shirt!

BlitzburghRockCity
05-25-2005, 11:38 PM
you go man !! sport that black n gold loud and proud!! and he takes his good old time yanking them out and has an evil grin on his face.. u can say u took his best shot and ur still standing!! or knocked out by drugs as the case may be! :D

Steelersfan
05-26-2005, 02:24 AM
Good luck!

The meds you take after it is done have caused more problems than the procedure from my own experience and some others that I know have had it done.
If you need the meds take them. If not, you will be better off.

clevestinks
05-26-2005, 06:03 AM
Read the degrees on the wall, thats how I first struck up the Steelers conversation, he had a Univ. of Pitt. And I was like Oh F------ Yah. I hate going to the dentist, but if I`m gonna go, I`m going Black & Gold.

ironcitychef
05-26-2005, 11:18 AM
Yeah getting knocked out for it is the way to go. Just follow the directions for keeping the area clean afterward. NO drinking from straws or such cause then you get dry sockets and thats when the trouble comes. Instead of healing in like four days, you go through a couple weeks of pain. When I did mine, they said clean twice a day, I was cleaning every hour and it worked out great. Oh yeah make sure you have someone get you home, cause that gas that knocks you out lasts a while!:drooling:

clevestinks
05-26-2005, 09:09 PM
Teeth are overrated anyway. LOL :D

steelersgirl86
05-26-2005, 10:18 PM
Good luck tomorrow..you will be fine... :pointlaug

RoethlisBURGHer
05-27-2005, 05:55 PM
Well,everything went well (or so I guess).

I didn't wear a Steelers shirt (didn't have a clean one,they were all in the laundry,lol).And seeing how I got blood on the shirt I did wear (fell asleep on the couch) I am happy I didn't wear any of my Steelers gear.

I'm not in much pain,just some soreness and minor swelling.I am doing much better than my brother did,and it pissed him off. :D

No driving,drinking alcohol,smoking (I don't anyways),or operating machinery for 24 hours.Which means I can do all that stuff when I wake up in the morning.

bigbensgirl7
05-27-2005, 05:59 PM
Glad to hear everything went well!!!

RoethlisBURGHer
05-27-2005, 06:08 PM
Oh,I also have no clue how I was knocked out.I don't remember a mask being put on me,so I don't think they used NO2.All I remember is getting hooked up to the machines that monitor stuff,then the dentist hooked me up to an IV...then I remember being woken up by the cute blonde nurse.If I wasn't out of it at first,I woulda hit on her.She was impressed though,I didn't need any help to walk (but she had my arm anyways).

steelersgirl86
05-28-2005, 09:22 AM
Glad everything went well....and glad to hear you had a cute nurse...lol...

clevestinks
05-28-2005, 09:45 AM
Are you sure she was cute? LOL

Are you sure she was a she and not a he?LOL

Just playin, but it sounds like you were out of it! LOL

RoethlisBURGHer
05-28-2005, 10:46 AM
Are you sure she was cute? LOL

Are you sure she was a she and not a he?LOL

Just playin, but it sounds like you were out of it! LOL

LOL yes I am sure,same nurse I had when I went in for me pre-op checkup 3 weeks ago.

I found out my friend Gaelyn (who is the girl I am in love with) can't come and take care of me today because she has to work a double shift (she's an EMT,I wouldn't want her coming all the way out here after her doucle andyhow,she'll be too tired and I don't want her getting in a car accident.)

However,my friend Devo who is home for a lil bit from Iraq is supposed to come over sometime this weekend,we're gonna see Revenge of the Sith.

meanjoe75
06-02-2005, 02:43 PM
I hate going to the Doctors

clevestinks
06-02-2005, 07:54 PM
The dentist is the worst.

bigbensgirl7
06-02-2005, 08:04 PM
I agree Cleve...I dread going to the dentist...even for a regular cleaning!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
06-02-2005, 09:07 PM
I just had a cleaning today.. UGH !! Thank goodness my hygenist is a cutie or it would really suck ;) but NO cavities today.. Woo HOO !!